Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

52 million uninsured by 2026

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
imagine going through these calculations at the CBO with an ever widening :stare:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MadJackal posted:

So it's just a straight up assault on the poor. Any upsides to this at all?

it also murders the olds

"Although average premiums would increase prior to 2020 and decrease starting in 2020, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people. "

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

olds dying so what

They shot themselves in the foot with that one. Old people vote, young people don't. Why would they gently caress the people who are most definitely going to vote?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

8.7% of Americans still being uninsured under Obamacare in 2026 ain't a great endorsement of current law.

Okay Joe

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lamentable dustman posted:

fox news has someone almost in tears about the estimate

I have to see this, holy poo poo.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

tacodaemon posted:

can't wait to see trump's tweets when he finds out about this from fox & friends tomorrow morning

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:master:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/841382285702225926

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sit back folks and pay attention to the right wing media. What you will see in the next 72 hours will be a performance in turd polishing so amazing that by Friday people will say this is actually a Good Thing.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can't wait for Trump to tweet how fake the report is

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

triple sulk posted:

Although average premiums would increase prior to 2020 and decrease starting in 2020, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people.

lmao

There's always a silver lining

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MoeHoward23/status/841382256031735809

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i'm tired of winning

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Duscat posted:

maybe, although it'd have to be quite an advantage to offset the cost of having to transport all the nutrients from the soil to grow 24-foot fruiting body, and modern spores are light enough to get everywhere from a few inches above the ground

Yeah it's nuts to me too, but I can't think of any reason why a fungus would grow tall other than trying to put its fruiting body further in the air.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lmao nice

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is good... for Trump! It will destroy Obama's legacy once and for all when he is blamed for the 24 million people losing their insurance.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vladimir Putin posted:

They shot themselves in the foot with that one. Old people vote, young people don't. Why would they gently caress the people who are most definitely going to vote?

Because they always vote Republican

Always

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Glad to see that death comes for the Boomers who helped cause this, too.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
24 million holy gently caress!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

owns

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lmao I can't wait to gloat and laugh at the suffering of loving idiot boomers

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
so this bill kills a ton of old people and lowers my personal premiums? hell, let's give it a shot.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MadJackal posted:

So it's just a straight up assault on the poor. Any upsides to this at all?

And on the old, too

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fiction posted:

you know they'll somehow make it out of this unscathed

boomers are invincible

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fiction posted:

inshallah

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lying, crooked CBO full of Obama traitors. my health care plan is the bigliest. see you in court!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

they'll be eating rocks and dirt and will still somehow have the energy to yell about how this is obama's fault

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vladimir Putin posted:

because republicans deduced that since they're old, they're gonna die before the next time they vote

they're just one time throw away votes you see and furthermore

but yanno, its the incompetency and not thinking beyond the scope of it that makes it so banally evil

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

so this bill kills a ton of old people and lowers my personal premiums? hell, let's give it a shot.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

People don't go to jail for being racist shitheads in the US. They're usually just shunned and shamed, or embraced and love-bombed by other jerks. It's very hard to tell exactly what will end up happening, really.

that said, it IS illegal for a store to discriminate based on religion

the problem is who's going to enforce it in a deep southern town where the local LEOs think it's cool and good, and there are zero muslims around to complain anyway

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Yinlock posted:

they'll be eating rocks and dirt and will still somehow have the energy to yell about how this is obama's fault

racism is their food

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LMAO

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

8.7% of Americans still being uninsured under Obamacare in 2026 ain't a great endorsement of current law.

I wonder how much of that number is made of people in states that didn't expand their medicaid coverage?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Deep State more like Deep Spate

of uninsured baby boomers pounding desperately on the eye-level porthole of our underground health bunkers

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Agreed, the current law is pretty crap.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Fiction posted:

(whispering through clenched teeth)

"Luckyyy...."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What does this mean/what does this mean we don't get?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

triple sulk posted:

Although average premiums would increase prior to 2020 and decrease starting in 2020, CBO and JCT estimate that changes in premiums relative to those under current law would differ significantly for people of different ages because of a change in age-rating rules. Under the legislation, insurers would be allowed to generally charge five times more for older enrollees than younger ones rather than three times more as under current law, substantially reducing premiums for young adults and substantially raising premiums for older people.

lmao

Why
Why would you do this

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
hahaha I went over to freep to see their CBO meltdown and nobody's dared to post about it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

my heart fills with joy at the news of republican boomer death

• Locked thread