Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

I wish we could scan babies for the goon gene that predisposes fine upstanding people to get into boring derails, and then mercifully drown the afflicted right after birth. Shhhh it's for the best little one shuuuush

On other baby news:

My [25f] brother [27m] admitted he sabotaged his letter of reference for our brother [32m] and his husband's [33m] adoption because he lives with them and doesn't want them to have a kid yet. My sister [28f] thinks they deserve to know, I don't want to get involved. What should I do?

holy poo poo

:murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I've had to show my husband that travel can be enjoyable and he still doesn't really enjoy it because travel wasn't fun for him as a kid. It was always driving to bumfuck, nowhere, avoiding anything remotely fun on the way. His grandma lived it Wisconsin and Utah and he had never even seen the Minneapolis skyline. His mom would drive alllll the way around to avoid driving in Minneapolis. It legit made me sad to think of him as a little kid never getting to go to Legoland/Camp Snoopy in the MoA

My parents hated driving so I only ever got to go to Camp Snoopy a couple times and my father told me to avoid Minneapolis/St. Paul cause you'll get killed by the "gangs".

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Well, fine then

My [24M] girlfriend [22F] just moved in and she's been sleep-talking about murder. Should I be worried?

quote:

u/gottagetthere
My girlfriend and I have been dating for two years, and she moved in with me a little over two months ago. She has a history of sleep-talking, and I've heard funny stories from her siblings and former college roommates about things she has said in her sleep. She doesn't sleep-talk often, though, and in our two-year relationship, I had only heard her talk in her sleep once.

Starting about a week and a half ago, she has started sleep-talking almost daily, and the things she has been saying are starting to scare me.

If I were to describe my girlfriend in one word, it would be cheery. When I met her she was wearing a yellow sundress, and hearing her say things like, "I'm gonna murder them all creepy laugh" and "Kill everyone" as she is lying next to me is making me question everything. I mean, is she secretly a sociopathic killer living a double life?

Part of me thinks I am being really immature and over-reacting, but the other part of me thinks something is really wrong here. How should I proceed? Preferably without being murdered...

tl;dr: My sleep-talking girlfriend who normally would say innocent things like "I'm so hungry" or "Where's the elevator" in her sleep is now saying thinks like "I'm gonna murder them all +creepy laugh" and "Kill everyone". Should I be concerned about her mental health/my safety, or is she just having bad dreams?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Wanna get lit with those monkeys.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bubblyblubber posted:

Well, fine then

My [24M] girlfriend [22F] just moved in and she's been sleep-talking about murder. Should I be worried?

I feel like "really concerned about what a sleep-talker is saying and sure it reflects on their real life somehow" is the flip side to "has a dream about their SO doing something bad and is angry at them for the rest of the day"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I always have dreams about forgiving my friends. They do the lovely things IRL.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like "really concerned about what a sleep-talker is saying and sure it reflects on their real life somehow" is the flip side to "has a dream about their SO doing something bad and is angry at them for the rest of the day"

Sounds just like something one of my hot topic loving friends would have done in high school to be edgy, also being mad at people for things that happen in dreams is legitimately insane.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Sounds just like something one of my hot topic loving friends would have done in high school to be edgy, also being mad at people for things that happen in dreams is legitimately insane.

I was actually just thinking of the time at a sleepover that one of my friends fake-sleep-talked her way through an erotic(?) dream about Disney's Hercules. We were in ninth grade at the time, to be fair, but...

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mordor She Wrote posted:

My parents hated driving so I only ever got to go to Camp Snoopy a couple times and my father told me to avoid Minneapolis/St. Paul cause you'll get killed by the "gangs".

Hahaha my MIL warned me to stay away from Hennepin Avenue because it's "the sketchiest area" hahahha.

Pick posted:

holy poo poo

The only acceptable solution. Please tell me everyone is encouraging OP to tell their brother

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^ Depends on where; N Hennepin is a great area to find bullets that may or may not be moving quickly through the air, S Hennepin is almost nothing but hipster coffee shops.

Straight White Shark posted:

If you raise the kid, it's 100% YOUR OWN child regardless of whose baby batter went in. You can disagree, but while it may or may not make you a monster it definitely makes you an rear end in a top hat to anyone coping with infertility.
What does or does not court as YOUR OWN entirely depends on the individual. I personally would not consider a kid that is not 50% Yawgmoth By Volume to be "my own". Others are welcome to their own opinion as to what constitutes a child being their own; if someone adopts a kid and introduces them as "my son" I'm not gonna say otherwise.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 13, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my wife wants a paternity test after our kid is born after watching tons of Maury

I figure whatever I'll go along with it to make her happy, but I don't have any doubt that any issue will be mine because she hates pretty much every other human being on earth besides myself and her in laws and and can't stand to be touched by anyone else

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i u watch animals hurtin one another you better also have a full folder o these bad boys

http://i.imgur.com/Vopj30A.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/8hPkUpt.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/DUOdD3V.mp4

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

^^ Depends on where; N Hennepin is a great area to find bullets that may or may not be moving quickly through the air, S Hennepin is almost nothing but hipster coffee shops.
What does or does not court as YOUR OWN entirely depends on the individual. I personally would not consider a kid that is not 50% Yawgmoth By Volume to be "my own". Others are welcome to their own opinion as to what constitutes a child being their own; if someone adopts a kid and introduces them as "my son" I'm not gonna say otherwise.

please stop putting things in your children

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

Does your paternity only count if you sign the birth certificate in a court without a gold fringe on the flag?

Your wife presents you the baby and you're not sure if its yours do you just yell "I DO NOT CONSENT TO HAVING THIS CHILD, I'M A FREEDAD ON THE LAND" and get out of child support?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Yawgmoth posted:

Definitely but Hennepin is so huge and a big part of the arts district that I just thanked her for the advice. It'd be like telling someone going to Toronto to stay off Yonge street or something (although Yonge is much longer).

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

Does your paternity only count if you sign the birth certificate in a court without a gold fringe on the flag?

Your wife presents you the baby and you're not sure if its yours do you just yell "I DO NOT CONSENT TO HAVING THIS CHILD, I'M A FREEDAD ON THE LAND" and get out of child support?

Yeah, but if she answers "HI FREEDAD I'M HUNGRY" you're on the hook for double alimony, one of the lesser known drawbacks to using sovcit legal spells.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Did your dad get mugged by Garrison Keiler?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my wife wants a paternity test after our kid is born after watching tons of Maury

I figure whatever I'll go along with it to make her happy, but I don't have any doubt that any issue will be mine because she hates pretty much every other human being on earth besides myself and her in laws and and can't stand to be touched by anyone else

how on earth does this make any sense from the woman's perspective without an outright admission of cheating

unless you have an open relationship or she thinks that perhaps she hosed some other dude and forgot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fullhouse posted:

how on earth does this make any sense from the woman's perspective without an outright admission of cheating

unless you have an open relationship or she thinks that perhaps she hosed some other dude and forgot

I guess maybe she wants him to be able to know for sure? That's the only thing I can think of.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Fullhouse posted:

:thejoke:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

With paternity tests, you just gotta roll the dice.

If the dice smile, you find out your woman cheated on you and the child isn't biologically yours, and you're free! If the dice frown, you ruined your marriage for no reason and have to pay child support, but you can be sure the child you're paying for is your own.

The only question is...are ya feelin' lucky, boy?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick posted:

I always have dreams about forgiving my friends. They do the lovely things IRL.

What is wrong with your life

Why don't you just go human free like me

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 13, 2017

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Straight White Shark posted:

If you raise the kid, it's 100% YOUR OWN child regardless of whose baby batter went in. You can disagree, but while it may or may not make you a monster it definitely makes you an rear end in a top hat to anyone coping with infertility.

I do not condone cheating and a woman who cheats on her partner and then conceals it to raise a kid with them has definitely betrayed them in a huge way, but this is true whether the sperm that impregnated her came from him or someone else--either way, she cheated, it sucks for him. The genetic paternity of the kid he's raising is small potatoes next to the cheating and lying.

Not wanting to raise step children is something else altogether--you missed out on all kinds of once-in-a-lifetime milestones with them, but still have to deal with whatever fuckups and hangups someone else raised them with. While you can still have deep, meaningful, important relationships as a step parent, you will never quite have the same relationship with them as someone who raised them from birth. I can't fault someone for not wanting to deal with that.

I think there's a lot of temperament that comes with genetics, and it can be so mismatched that the father won't have the appropriate types of experiences to draw from while raising the child.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I'm not so much interested in the actual cuckold lifestyle, which is why I indulge in the finest cuckolding fan fiction:

(maybe a repost, my brain is fried from these loving stories)

GF [25 F] writs really aggressive cuckold erotica...should I [24 M] be concerned? Relationships

quote:

6 points 25 comments submitted 1 year ago by GFEroticAuthor to r/relationships

Hi all, somewhat long post here since I am freaking out.

I have been going out with my girlfriend, Suzy, for about a year now. I really love her and we are moving in together soon.

Lately, though, I have started to feel paranoid about the relationship due to some discoveries I made about her authoring sexual stories. While helping pack up her things I found a series of papers that contained erotica written in her handwriting. The manuscripts weren't dated but they were in pretty good shape so I don't know how old they are. Not my proudest moment but I secreted them away so that I could read them myself; I thought that they would help me understand her kinks better.

The theme in every one of the stories is cheating/cuckolding. Like a typical set-up would be that the girl is dating a guy but gets restless and seeks out new partners.The new guy gives her sexual satisfaction while the old guy is totally clueless and thinks that the girl is faithful to him. The stories also focus on how the girl gets off on deceiving her boyfriend. Lots of "he had no idea," "it would crush him to find out but he never would," that sort of humiliating stuff.

If that weren't disconcerting enough, there was one really long story that seemed very...personal. It was written in third person about a girl who wrote cuckold erotica as an expression for her own fantasies. When she gets in a long relationship with a guy she starts cheating on him and getting off on the deception, etc. Basically this really long story is about how her fantasies were all surpassed by the "real life" experience of cuckolding her boyfriend and hiding it from him. There were also lines in there about how he didn't even know that she had those fantasies, etc.

I almost pooped myself reading this poo poo. It was so graphic in detailing the thoughts of these serial cheaters and how their bfs are getting aggressitvely cuckolded that I couldn't help but worry about whether they had any connection to reality. The last one in particular, though written in third person, really could describe our relationship. Like, I didn't think that I was getting cheated on but the stories are all about guys who got blindsided by this cheating stuff.

Should I be worried about this? Should I tell her I found the manuscripts? It would crush me to be cheated on but at this point all I have is suspicion. It's a horrible feeling that I could be being cheated on and after reading the stories it seems like it could totally be happening.

tl;dr I found erotica written by my gf; it's all about girls who get off on cuckolding and lying to their SO's. Should I worry about getting cheated on? Should I tell her I found the manuscripts?

Only 2 of the 25 comments mention her privacy, surprisingly.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

therobit posted:

Did your dad get mugged by Garrison Keiler?

I wish, he's a guard at a juvie and likes to pretend he is a hardened beat cop which mostly just translates to horrible racism and pretending every place that has a population over 1000 is an instant death trap. Like my first experience being in a city was driving to the science museum in St Paul and him point at a group of black people and saying "here they are intelligent enough to move in herds". I was like 8 or something.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Faffel posted:

What is wrong with your life

Why don't you just to human free like me

??

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Every time you share a personal anecdote it's about lovely people. It seems statistically improbable and that you'd be better off avoiding human contact like other goons.

You're like the Mirthless of emotionally stunted personal relationships or something

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Faffel posted:

Every time you share a personal anecdote it's about lovely people. It seems statistically improbable and that you'd be better off avoiding human contact like other goons.

You're like the Mirthless of emotionally stunted personal relationships or something

The sentence "Why don't you just to human free like me" is word salad

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I require a flag made of the gold fringe material with little american flags as fringe.
lol like anyone would marry me let's be real here

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The sentence "Why don't you just to human free like me" is word salad

That was autocorrect

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Bubblyblubber posted:

We peaked too soon with the current title, but The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > /r/relationships: [ANGRY MONKEY NOISES] has a great ring to it.

Jeff please make this happen

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Faffel posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I wish, he's a guard at a juvie and likes to pretend he is a hardened beat cop which mostly just translates to horrible racism and pretending every place that has a population over 1000 is an instant death trap. Like my first experience being in a city was driving to the science museum in St Paul and him point at a group of black people and saying "here they are intelligent enough to move in herds". I was like 8 or something.

My dad was a cop for a long time, and when I was a kid he told a friend that was visiting a "joke." He said that when he retired, he was going to go to a toy store, buy a black doll, and carry it out west until somebody asked him, "What is that?" And that would be where he settled down.

He moved to Wyoming after he retired.

It's also why when the police are accused of doing something racist, I'll almost always assume that yes, they probably did.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Hey honey how about we try something bug gently caress insane in bed tonight?

My [25 M] girlfriend [25 F] (dating for 2 years) has been sharing ALL the intimate and private details of our relationship with her friend and following every single piece of advice to the point that it feels like an affair. Relationships

quote:

submitted 1 year ago by xpsd_thrwwy

This is something that has appeared out of the blue, and I'm not fully equipped to deal with it at all, it's completely changed how I view our relationship over the past year.

So to cut to the chase, I ended up reading texts between my girlfriend and her friend [26F] (let's call her Nami) because at a party Nami had made a suggestive comment to me about pegging and how all men should try it the day after my girlfriend finally convinced me to.

In my defense, I just wanted to know if they were talking about it because this was not something I felt comfortable to have discussed outside our bedroom. Nami is an ex-girlfriend of my college roommate, and is dating someone else I don't interact with now.

So, my girlfriend (let's say Tanya), has been discussing Everything with Nami. They texted about almost nothing else, and scrolled so far back in time that I exported the contents of their conversation to read on my computer!

The conversations are tough to wrap my head around would be something like "What should I wear?, "Wear the red dress". Nami would tell Tanya what to wear for dates, what to shop for, tell her how to respond to any arguments we had, and also how to perform in bed.

The time she cosplayed in bed? Nami says. Naughty photos she's sent me? Nami says! The personalised gift she made me for my birthday? Nami says! Preparing me for (months apparently) pegging? Nami says!! You get the picture. It's like a daily routine

I don't know what they've shared beyond textual information, but this is everything she's said and done to me for the past year and it seems to have just started a year ago. This lady apparently now knows how I eat, sleep, and gently caress. This is not something I consented to man.

I'm not naive and it seems to me almost like they've got some kind of subtle Domme/Sub thing going. There seems to be no evidence for physically cheating on me, and I really doubt she would do something like that but I hope you understand that I don't trust anything around me anymore.

So I need to confront my girlfriend, but like...how? What? Is this relationship ending stuff? I mean it was all fine till literally three hours ago, and I am extremely happy with her. Was. Might continue to be. But What??

How do you react to something like this? Please I just need to bounce this off people.

I know it's super specific and identifiable but neither of them reddit so I guess it's okay. Them finding something like this Later, I'm not concerned with.

tl;dr: Girlfriend's friend(26F) has been essentially controlling our relationship by commanding my girlfriend for over a year now, and my gf has been sharing Every detail with her. Wtf and how do I respond to this?

:eyepop:

[UPDATE] My [25 M] girlfriend [25 F] (dating for 2 years) has been sharing ALL the intimate and private details of our relationship with her friend and following every single piece of advice to the point that it feels like an affair. Updates

quote:

submitted 1 year ago by xpsd_thrwwy

Update to my post from last month. I waited a while to post an update because I wanted to provide some semblance of closure to all the people that helped with their opinions.

I got back from my trip abroad and told her to take some time off and visit me because we needed to talk. She seemed pretty jumpy right from the start. I opened with the fact that Nami had made me feel uncomfortable at the party, and that I was sorry for not confronting Tanya about it, but had gone through her phone instead.

So, I was let off the hook for checking Tanya's phone very easily to my relief (but to the displeasure of many of you, I know), because she burst into tears right then and there. She took a little time to sob while I just sat there saying I just wanted to know what's going on because my imagination was getting the better of me, and for what it's worth, she came clean fully.

So Tanya's version is that initially it was just texting to ask for stuff and sex tips etcetera, but eventually they started trying to 'fix the problem' with her inhibitions. For this, Nami would give her some risquée 'dare' for Tanya to complete. It seemed like fun stuff at the start, singing in the streets, striking conversations with strangers; what made me angry at Tanya is her complicity with the nudes. In my head these were coming straight to me, but they were going through Nami, who would direct her and then pick and choose. She stopped sending them to her when Nami began to make her feel a bit uncomfrotable about it.

Tanya says to me at this point was that this did lower her inhibitions significantly but my only response when this conversation happened was 'what the gently caress Tanya'. Which I believe was a fair opinion. She said she found it quite easy whenever she was feeling indecisive to just get Nami in on it and do whatever she said.

I was appalled at how casually she spoke about that, reminding her that it was my personal life she was also sharing, and that this was unacceptable from someone I considered closest to me. How could I trust you anymore, Tanya? So I did put down an ultimatum, no more talking to Nami, period. At all, for now, maybe later it could no more talking to Nami about us.

She goes ahead with it and few days later I get a call from Nami. She emails me all the photos that Tanya had sent her and then basically goes all banshee on the phone. Calls me a bitch and a cuckold, that Tanya was her nympho slave from day 1; straight up starts sending links to pictures from bdsm websites (for clarity: not pictures of Tanya on websites, just random pictures lol) saying that this is the stuff she did to her.

But you see Tanya had already shown me all the photos that Nami was claiming she took during their 'colorful' times together. And Nami strangely didn't have any photos of the stuff she was claiming, which I'd think, she would definitely have done considering how hosed this all was.

So, I don't know, Nami's reveal as being absolutely loving cray-cray sort of softened my stance on Tanya, but I've still taken a break from our relationship because there was far too much batshit crazy going on. Had to threaten legal action against the N's tirades about leaking the pictures (It also helped that Tanya and I added that we really didn't care if that came to pass. Thanks for lowering inhibitions, Nami!)

tl;dr: Am on a break from our relationship. Tanya was behaving irresponsibly but Nami turned out to be completely mouth-foam rabid crazy, I did the Life of Pi thing and chose Tanya's version of events for my piece of mind.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, hope this satisfies any of you that were as curious as me as to what the gently caress was going on.

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Not from reddit, but...

quote:

My wife of five years and I have a wonderful marriage, and I am madly in love with her. The one problem is that I have a particular fetish that she is not aware of and I can’t indulge with her: I like to masturbate with other men. No touching, no kissing, just masturbating together either in person or via webcam. This is completely independent from our sex life, which is satisfactory, if vanilla. I don’t do it often, and when I do, I don’t give any identifying information or invite anyone to our home. I internally justify it by telling myself that it’s not something I can do with her anyway, and masturbating by myself isn’t cheating, so why does it matter if someone else is there? This is crazy, isn’t it? I either need to tell her and hope for her unlikely blessing or knock it out and keep it as a fantasy like any other person in a committed, monogamous relationship, right?

He must have a lot of really powerful crystals by now.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Antivehicular posted:

My ex use to have dreams about me being a constant public embarrassment to her. Things like 'we're at a wedding reception and I walk out to the dance floor and start publicly stripping naked and taking selfies, and when she tries to cover me up I just tell her "But I have to do this!:buddy:"'.

I like to think I was never quite that much of an embarrassment in real life.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

La Brea Carpet posted:

Not from reddit, but...

He must have a lot of really powerful crystals by now.
Wonder how much crab he has in his freezer.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Elsa posted:

It makes sense to me if she has a history of death metal and he's asian or something. Comes from a culture of arranged marriages maybe. I thought the most unfortunate thing was the accidental youtube history. It seemed like he decided to revisit the topic as a result, and to her it would seem out of the blue.

:captainpop:
What did he mean by this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Bubblyblubber posted:

Hey honey how about we try something bug gently caress insane in bed tonight?

My [25 M] girlfriend [25 F] (dating for 2 years) has been sharing ALL the intimate and private details of our relationship with her friend and following every single piece of advice to the point that it feels like an affair. Relationships

:eyepop:

[UPDATE] My [25 M] girlfriend [25 F] (dating for 2 years) has been sharing ALL the intimate and private details of our relationship with her friend and following every single piece of advice to the point that it feels like an affair. Updates

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Way to sabotage the eventual threesome Nami was orchestrating, you boob.