Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Edit: Notice that they didn't say that last line in red.

In the Quadrillion to One calculation, Lambda controls the Quadrillion, Bern the One. So no matter how many times Endless Magic rerolls the dice...

E: of course Origin witches like MARIA can turn the resulting zero into 1, but Ange-Beatrice (Bern's piece) made the only one around leave :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
If it had just been magic or witches, I'd have said Hecate, but if you want a magical miracle, a one in a million chance that transforms the world, Hermes is your boy.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
It seems that Bern and Lamba forgot about how the events tied to them ended, I'll look forward to the fireworks that will come when their game is shattered.
After all, I know the truth of the game, just not the route it takes to get there.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

Hermes is the god of magic? *wrinkles nose* I've never heard of that aspect, though "trickery"- as it relates to thieves and commercial endeavors (since they turn out to go hand in hand, ho ho), as well as sports, travel and sending messages... and while he was a trickster and not exactly a moral figure, I can't remember any stories about him screwing over people as hard as Berne does. Are you sure you weren't thinking of Hekate, or someone?

Ananke is a pro choice for Lambda, though.

When occultist-types talk about Hermes as the god of magic they're usually talking about Hermes Trismegistus, which isn't exactly the same as Hermes as he was thought about by most ancient Greeks. Mythology is funny that way.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

When occultist-types talk about Hermes as the god of magic they're usually talking about Hermes Trismegistus, which isn't exactly the same as Hermes as he was thought about by most ancient Greeks. Mythology is funny that way.

Oh, him. Yeah, I forgot about that guy, since he's a fusion of both Greek and Egyptian thought, but he is a source magic (and supposedly a real guy, given that he wrote a book, so to speak), and could be related to Kinzo as Poltergrift alludes to... yeah, I guess I could take it, as well as the "god of the long shot" interpretation that Peas puts up.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So the games are still going? Even though Beato gave up, essentially? All this new information is making think that the game has shifted to something else.

I also have a meta-theory, as it turns out. But I don't know whether or not I should put it in spoiler tags. It's more of a guess about how the story is going to play out. Really, I'm just asking permission to post it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I don't think you need to ask to post theories, as long as you don't know for sure that they're accurate.

I'll go first: we're trying to solve five murder mysteries, not four. I don't think any of the episodes we've seen so far represent an accurate portrayal of what happened on Rokkenjima.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

idonotlikepeas posted:

I don't think you need to ask to post theories, as long as you don't know for sure that they're accurate.

I'll go first: we're trying to solve five murder mysteries, not four. I don't think any of the episodes we've seen so far represent an accurate portrayal of what happened on Rokkenjima.

I my experience, it is those who are so convinced in their own theories that they have the hubris to believe a mere hypothesis is so powerful as to become something approaching truth that always end up the most off base and humiliated in the end

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Was reading thread as it went and also playing along; have now got ahead and am midway through EP6.

I am so excited to see your reactions to EP5.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

oath2order posted:

I my experience, it is those who are so convinced in their own theories that they have the hubris to believe a mere hypothesis is so powerful as to become something approaching truth that always end up the most off base and humiliated in the end

Their mistake is in feeling humiliated. In a mystery, anything that fits the facts is accurate enough, for now. As additional facts appear, you may have to propose a new theory, but that doesn't mean that the first one was bad, only created lacking information that you now have. In fact, you should relish this process. Discard the husks of spent arguments with a feeling of satisfaction, because you're moving closer to the truth. If you get too attached to them, you're going to miss it.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Their mistake is in feeling humiliated. In a mystery, anything that fits the facts is accurate enough, for now. As additional facts appear, you may have to propose a new theory, but that doesn't mean that the first one was bad, only created lacking information that you now have. In fact, you should relish this process. Discard the husks of spent arguments with a feeling of satisfaction, because you're moving closer to the truth. If you get too attached to them, you're going to miss it.

This is why I respect you, despite your lack of both Love and Magic. You recognize the most fundemental truth of all: The Truth of the Future overwrites the Truth of the Past.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Episode 5 is nearly universally considered the best episode for a lot of reasons.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

oath2order posted:

This is why I respect you, despite your lack of both Love and Magic.

Speaking of, I've been meaning to say: this LP has been a lot of fun, not just because Prof is a terrifying screenshot machine, but because so many people are participating in so many ways, especially you and tiistai, but everyone who's in your crazy Discord and pops in here to try to convince us of the existence of witches or post bits of non-spoilery fanart or whatever. I don't think this thing would work at all without that, and I certainly don't think I would have written several multi-paragraph posts about an anime murder mystery if it weren't happening. Those of us who don't know the story and are trying to guess how everything works are doing it because you're presenting something for us to push against, and I really appreciate it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WE'LL GET YOU YET! YOU'LL NEVER CONVINCE US OF MAGIC, YOU CREDULOUS FOOLS! IT'S ALL FAAAAAAAAAKE!

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
It's fascinating how, despite having no programmed-in choice points at all, Umineko remains an extremely interactive experience, just because the fanbase is so active and the game encourages so many conflicting viewpoints to push back and forth from.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Speaking of, I've been meaning to say: this LP has been a lot of fun, not just because Prof is a terrifying screenshot machine, but because so many people are participating in so many ways, especially you and tiistai, but everyone who's in your crazy Discord and pops in here to try to convince us of the existence of witches or post bits of non-spoilery fanart or whatever. I don't think this thing would work at all without that, and I certainly don't think I would have written several multi-paragraph posts about an anime murder mystery if it weren't happening. Those of us who don't know the story and are trying to guess how everything works are doing it because you're presenting something for us to push against, and I really appreciate it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WE'LL GET YOU YET! YOU'LL NEVER CONVINCE US OF MAGIC, YOU CREDULOUS FOOLS! IT'S ALL FAAAAAAAAAKE!

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

oath2order posted:

This is why I respect you, despite your lack of both Love and Magic. You recognize the most fundemental truth of all: The Truth of the Future overwrites the Truth of the Past.

Sufficed to say the Witch chat has a gentlegoon's bet going on about how certain posters will respond to certain parts of Chiru. There's even been pledges to buy avatars if certain conditions are fulfilled.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So aside from two animated gifs from the anime, I went into this completely blind and sure am glad I did. One was the Maria's head on a silver platter rolling and laughing with that creepy grin of her's; and the other hasn't happened yet. Looking forward to it in the Answer Episodes.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 14, 2017

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Edit: IGNORE ME

oath2order fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 14, 2017

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

oath2order posted:

If this was about me ducking out and not really posting my theories earlier, not really! This thread is a prime place to enjoy a good story and shitpost and I've been enjoying every single moment of it, and being caught up being right or wrong is just something that I don't pay attention to. The reason why I ducked out though from theory posting for a little bit was that I had made a post that Krauss was the one that had killed people in the fourth game with shotguns as soon as it had happened, but no one responded so I was worried that I had accidentally cut off the fun discussion for everyone else before it got a chance to run wild. :p

In regards to making theories that are later going to be proven as false, then let me make mine. Everyone was involved in the murders in Rokkenjima and that this is going to be some Murder on the Orient Express story.

Additionally, Episode 5 is going to be about the tragedy of Natsuhi.

Natsuhi's cravat thing and Kinzo. What we know for sure is that Kinzo is dead at the start of the murders. Natsuhi's been living in a house that has a dead body in it, and presumably she's one of the people responsible for keeping that secret. I think it's been hard on Natsuhi finding out that the family she's married into are loving occult assholes and are okay with keeping a dead body around for financial reasons.

Here's Team gently caress Up Krauss' Everything and Get the Money, and they are smiling.

Here's Team Not Get hosed Up. Note how Krauss isn't the focus of this team, because there is a rift in this team between him and them. Also everyone is sad, except for presumably Krauss because that mofo is incapable of doing anything but a smug smile.

All of the adults here on team gently caress Up Krauss' Everything are enjoying a good ol' time of ripping apart Natsuhi.

And Natsuhi doesn't have anyone at her side. She takes all of this alone. She's on Krauss' side, but obviously Krauss isn't on hers.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 13, 2017

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

idonotlikepeas posted:

If magic isn't real then how did I get this delicious marshmallowpumpkin??

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EagerSleeper posted:

Natsuhi's cravat thing and Kinzo. What we know for sure is that Kinzo is dead at the start of the murders. Natsuhi's been living in a house that has a dead body in it, and presumably she's one of the people responsible for keeping that secret. I think it's been hard on Natsuhi finding out that the family she's married into are loving occult assholes and are okay with keeping a dead body around for financial reasons.

Would not shock me if it was Natsuhi's idea to keep his death a secret.

Of everyone on the Island she speaks the highest of Kinzo and dislikes any talk bad mouthing him or talking about his death. There was also that scene early on were she talks to Kinzo and he (out of character) praises her, which we now know is a delusion of hers or something because Kinzo was dead already. She kind of seems a tad obsessed with him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 13, 2017

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Alopex posted:

Obviously it's just a marshmallow in the shape of a pumpkin! You can buy those at any candy store with a special order!

It's a fun ride, and I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I'm hoping to start contributing to the insanity once I figure out a handhold!

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I've not been super into discussing Umineko, so it's interesting that most people agree that EP5 is the best (personally I'd go with EP7). I wonder if the thread will agree... it feels like every reader likes Umineko for slightly different reasons, and there are certainly lots of Opinions out there on Umineko Chiru :v:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Alopex posted:

It was delivered to you when the 18th person X set it gently into trap X (which I won't explain further because devils proof). But I recommend against eating it because it's filled with small bombs.

Alternatively, Kanon just handed it to you while wearing a dress and speaking in a falsetto voice.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That was an ending. And I'd through that Bern was alright. Turns out she's as much of a dick as Lambda.

But yeah, I want to second peas' thanks for all of you mocking our flailing about. It's been a lot of fun. And Prof, you are a monster/hero, and I have no idea how you've dodged RSI.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 13, 2017

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Would not shock me if it was Natsuhi's idea to keep his death a secret.

Of everyone on the Island she speaks the highest of Kinzo and dislikes any talk bad mouthing him or talking about his death. There was also that scene early on were she talks to Kinzo and he (out of character) praises her, which we now know is a delusion of hers or something because Kinzo was dead already. She kind of seems a tad obsessed with him.

Natsuhi: "Dead bodies can have any opinion, including positive opinions of you, that you want them to. :ssh:"

I wouldn't have a problem seeing that viewpoint. Maybe everyone on the island is hosed up in their own special way.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
EP5 has some of my absolute favorite character moments but from what I remember I prefer EP6 overall. The last time I read them in VN format was when they were released however so I'll have to see how they hold up.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

That was an ending. And I'd through that Bern was alright. Turns out she's as much of a dick as Lambda.

The weirdest thing is that she's completely aware of Lambdadelt's game, and the latter doesn't make any effort at concealing it. This raises the question what the point of that entire charade a while back where Strawberry Shortcake drops her airhead facade as soon as Bern leaves her alone with Beato.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rodyle posted:

Episode 5 is nearly universally considered the best episode for a lot of reasons.

Because a lot of people are wrong. Seven is the best. :colbert:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Aumanor posted:

The weirdest thing is that she's completely aware of Lambdadelt's game, and the latter doesn't make any effort at concealing it. This raises the question what the point of that entire charade a while back where Strawberry Shortcake drops her airhead facade as soon as Bern leaves her alone with Beato.

That must have been for Beato's benefit. She required encouragement. Or we forgot some event where Shortcackle accidentally outed her scheme in front of Bern.

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Jin, did you forget to buy groceries? ... Looks like air for dinner. Again.

Dr Pepper posted:

Because a lot of people are wrong. Seven is the best. :colbert:

Quoted for truth. Though EP6 was a close second for me.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Thank you for your work in doing this LP, Prof! This has been a lot of fun, and it's been a really entertaining escape for me during a super hectic period in my life.

I've been working on analysis of the closed rooms off and on, but I think there are enough supplemental pieces of evidence from the final update to round it all out. I have a good idea of the "why" of Umineko thanks to earlier back and forths with the rest of the newbies, so here's my crack at the "who" and "how." Sorry about the lack of citations, but hopefully the organization will make checking up on this easy-ish.

Before I do, some admittedly risky a priori suppositions: 1) Genji, Kanon, Kumasawa, Nanjo, and Maria are accomplices; 2) as our POV character, Battler is the only reliable witness; 3) Shannon and Kanon can "die" without their physical bodies being clinically dead; 4) Shannon and Kanon are the culprits, but Beatrice is an aspect of Shannon; 5) Other accomplices can vary from episode to episode; 6) Shannon and Kanon's love for George and Jessica is trumped by their alternate personas' desires to kill; 7) It's not about the money, but about that really dark, self-hating kind of poo poo that seems to motivate all kinds of mass murderers.

As you'll see, the closed room mysteries are really easy to figure out if alternate personas are indeed a thing in this story. If the room is closed but the person in it is alive, no big deal. Same if the room is actually not locked in the first place. I acknowledge that I might have missed some red text that can/will knock some holes into this.

E1: Garden Shed
  • Discovered by Kanon; Kanon unlocked it.
  • Shannon's corpse was blocked from view by Hideyoshi and Kanon.
  • Solution: Kanon or Shannon locked the bodies in.
E1: Kinzo's Study 1
  • Discovered by survivors; Eva's paper thingy proved the door remained shut.
  • Solution: Kinzo was never in there because he's hella dead.
E1: Eva and Hideyoshi's Room
  • Discovered by Kanon and Genji; Genji unlocked the door and Kanon cut the chain.
  • Eva and Hideyoshi told the survivors they would chain the door.
  • Solution: Eva and Hideyoshi opened the door when dinner was announced and were killed. Kanon cut the chain after it was undone.
E1: Kinzo's Study 2
  • The survivors locked themselves into the study and discovered a letter from Beatrice.
  • At this point, "Kanon" was dead.
  • Natsuhi accused the servants and/or Maria of leaving the letter while she, Battler, George, and Jessica were distracted.
  • Solution: Natsuhi was right! Maria probably took the letter out of her purse and put it on the table.
E1: Parlor
  • Discovered by survivors after a phone call; George unlocked it.
  • Maria survived, but didn't see what happened.
  • Solution: Shannon or Kanon unlocked the door with a master key and killed Nanjo, Genji, and Kumasawa. Or they were let in by Maria.

E2: Chapel
  • Discovered by Shannon; Rosa tried the lock and unlocked it with the key from Maria's purse.
  • Shannon's location was not shown in the midnight montage; Rosa was shown to be inside the chapel.
  • Beatrice never says the door to the chapel was actually "locked" in red. She only confirms how the door would work if it were locked.
  • From the time Maria received her key to the instant Rosa unsealed the envelope the next day, the key passed through no one’s hands.
  • When the six were murdered in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel.
  • Solution: Shannon was also in the chapel that night and had a conversation with the victims. She and Rosa killed the victims via small bombs or whatever and walked out normally. Shannon and Rosa pretended that the door was locked when they "discovered" the scene.
E2: Jessica's Room
  • Discovered by survivors; Gohda tried the lock and unlocked it with a master key.
  • Kanon was killed in this room.
  • Jessica had Kanon's key.
  • Solution: Kanon killed Jessica, "died," and walked out of the room normally. Gohda lied about the room being locked.
E2: Kitchen
  • Gohda said it was locked; Battler saw him unlock the door.
  • The corpses that Gohda, Genji, and Shannon claimed to have been there were gone.
  • Solution: The servants moved the bodies, then locked the door behind them.
E2: Natsuhi's Room
  • Discovered by survivors; Battler unlocked the door.
  • Gohda was wounded in the chest, George was wounded in the stomach, and Shannon was wounded in the head. There were stakes in Gohda and George, and there was one next to Shannon.
  • The door and windows were locked from the inside.
  • Solution: Shannon killed George and Gohda by some method and inserted the stakes in their fatal wounds. She killed herself by some method and thus couldn't place the stake in her own head.

E3: Parlor, First Floor; Guest Room, Second Floor; Waiting Room, Third Floor; VIP Room, Second Floor; Boiler Room, Basement; Chapel, Outside
  • Discovered by survivors; Rudolf broke the window of the Parlor to get in.
  • Shannon and Kanon reappeared later in the story to lure George and Jessica to their deaths.
  • None of the corpses were confirmed by survivors after the first twilight.
  • All of them had what appeared to be gunshot wounds that were fatal. Keyword: "appeared."
  • Solution: Shannon and Kanon killed the rest of the servants and then "killed" each other. They placed themselves in easily accessible rooms (first floor) so they could move about more easily after their "corpses" were discovered. They locked the doors to their respective rooms behind them, thus making the room fulfill the "closed room definition."
E3: Guesthouse 1
  • Discovered by Eva.
  • Krauss and Natsuhi's corpses were not in the building when they were discovered.
  • Solution: Eva was an accomplice and actually killed them, and Shannon and Kanon moved the bodies for her. Battler figured that much out.
E3: Guesthouse 2
  • Locked windows and George's absence were discovered by survivors.
  • All windows and doors leading to the outside were locked from the inside.
  • Nanjo swore he didn't lock any windows.
  • Solution: Nanjo was an accomplice and was lying.

E4: Jessica's Room
  • Discovered and unlocked by Battler.
  • No one collected the master keys together in this episode. Battler only received keys after his confrontation with Beatrice.
  • Jessica called Battler and laughed the whole time.
  • Solution: Shannon or Kanon got Jessica to read a script on the premise that it was some kind of prank, then killed her and locked the door behind them.
E4: Garden Shed
  • Discovered and broken into by Battler.
  • Gohda has a key with the appropriate tag on it.
  • Gohda and Kumasawa were strung up with rope, but not fatally. Their deaths were unconfirmed until the door was opened.
  • Solution: Shannon or Kanon convinced the victims to pull a fast one on Battler and got them to throw them the key so they could assist them with the fake hanging. Then Shannon or Kanon shot them point-blank. They left the key in Gohda's pocket, walked out of the shed, and secured the padlock again.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

As a bonus Challenge, now might also be a good time to go back and re-read Bernkastel's Letter. Rules X, Y, and Z absolutely exist for this game, and may be the key to unlocking some hidden truths.

On that note, I also have two more UMG videos for you. They released 2 for Episode 4. One for the episode itself, and one for the Question Arcs as a whole.

Umineko Motion Graphic Volume 4

Umineko Motion Graphic Volume 5

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Why is Ange's name spelled differently in Vol.4?

Also the motion graphic really highlights how poorly paced Ep. 4 was.

BTW, did fans make these motion graphics?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Violet_Sky posted:

Why is Ange's name spelled differently in Vol.4?

Also the motion graphic really highlights how poorly paced Ep. 4 was.

BTW, did fans make these motion graphics?
Just weird romanization into how it sounds, as opposed to how it's actually written. And yep, all the motion graphics are fan made.

I highly suggest people watch the 5th one if you haven't been giving them a look. The song is fantastic and you get a look at every major character + event.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Tender Child Loins posted:

E2: Chapel
  • Discovered by Shannon; Rosa tried the lock and unlocked it with the key from Maria's purse.
  • Shannon's location was not shown in the midnight montage; Rosa was shown to be inside the chapel.
  • Beatrice never says the door to the chapel was actually "locked" in red. She only confirms how the door would work if it were locked.
  • From the time Maria received her key to the instant Rosa unsealed the envelope the next day, the key passed through no one’s hands.
  • When the six were murdered in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel.
  • Solution: Shannon was also in the chapel that night and had a conversation with the victims. She and Rosa killed the victims via small bombs or whatever and walked out normally. Shannon and Rosa pretended that the door was locked when they "discovered" the scene.

You know... you're the second person to suggest that Rosa might not be on the up and up in the second episode. When I was composing my pizza fueled ramblings late at night, I glossed over the fact that Rosa was there, in the chapel, when the clock struck, with her siblings. The game even showed us a helpful picture:

So if she was there, in the place that would become the crime scene, on the night that her siblings died... why am I so quick to assume that she wasn't involved, or at least knew, about their deaths?

The reason I wasn't asking that question before is because a) it felt too much like a red herring to be the truth at the time, and b) I didn't see what the possible benefit to her was, given that any monetary value was theoretical at that time. But that was before Ep3, after which we knew that the gold was real, a true windfall for any one of these people needed yesterday... So what if, in the scene where Maria allegedly got her new marshmallow candy, Beatrice struck a deal with Rosa instead: play along with me and get your siblings to the chapel, and I'll give you as much gold as you want? If that were the case, then maybe the door to the chapel was never locked, and Rosa pretended it was- that would mean that this was another closed room that wasn't, set up for Battler's pleasure. ... Actually, introducing the gold really casts a different light on the rest of Rosa's actions for this chapter. Because... wasn't Rosa really, uncharictaristically aggressive in accusing the rest of the servants, under the guise of protecting the remaining kids?

ProfessorProf posted:

"...If you thought that someone other than Kanon-kun was a wolf, then causing that uproar by saying that Kanon-kun was the culprit in Jessica's room was to see the servants' reactions...?"
"Yes, that's right. And as a result, I began to suspect them even more. There certainly is a wolf among the servants. Certainly. And, just like the 'Wolves and Sheep Puzzle', while they are normally docile, they will surely attack if they get the chance."
"...Jessica-chan was a lone sheep on the boat. In that puzzle, they may not attack when there is a balance between wolves and sheep, but our puzzle is different. Depending on the opportunity and the number of people, they'll attack even if there is a balance. Just like when Jessica-chan was killed!"
"...Th, there's something I don't like! In that case, Shannon, who you had go to the kitchen, is in a dangerous situation, right?!! We should also go to the kitchen right now! No matter who might or might not be a wolf! If we can form a balance by gathering together, I think we should maintain that!!"
"...Shannon-chan went to see Father along with Genji-san. At that time, she was supposedly isolated, but she wasn't killed. Because Genji-san wasn't a wolf either?"

BGM: None

That one sentence made me choke.

"...Wh... why are you... saying... something like that...?"

At the time, we all thought it was the power of having a gun and being the new head of the family rushing to her head, but... that was before I truly suspected the servants, Shannon in particular, of being the culprits. What if the reason she is being so distrusting of the servants here... is because she knows good and well that they are untrustworthy murderers, because she saw them doing it? This might be fueled by horror and disgust at the actual crime scene- murder is one thing, but that is defilement-, and anger that Jessica was killed as well (perhaps Beato said she'd leave the kids alone?) as well as a desire to deflect suspicion from herself... but it is a distinct possibility I had in mind.

And you know, this isn't the first time an ostensibly innocent character was portrayed by the game as being last seen at the scene of a crime. In Ep1:

Oh, look, there Hideyoshi and Eva are, arguing with people who would all get dead the next morning. Could a similar deal have been have been made with them: as much gold as you can carry if you do as I say? They do some similar deflection on the servants (and Natsuhi) that Rosa does one chapter later... and as others have pointed out, they do a much better job of controlling the scene than Rosa does. The kids saw the chapel murders in all of their gory glory, but nobody else entered the shed, except for the people I now suspect... and Hideyoshi.

So what exactly was the bargain here? Obviously they were meant to hide something, but what? Was the murder weapon found in here, guns or a hoe dumped in the corner? Or...

Tender Child Loins posted:

E1: Garden Shed
  • Discovered by Kanon; Kanon unlocked it.
  • Shannon's corpse was blocked from view by Hideyoshi and Kanon.
  • Solution: Kanon or Shannon locked the bodies in.

Shannon's body was blocked by a bunch of things and was only seen by Kanon and Hideyoshi... was there something about the body they wanted to hide?

Was there a body at all?

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Speaking of fan made videos, someone did an anime version of the final scene where Beatrice asks to be mercy-killed.
Considering how terrible the actual anime was in handling that scene, it's pretty neat.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Hey, guys! Guess what we haven't done for Episode 4? A manga highlights post!

Babby Ange:

Beato is still swag as gently caress:

Sakutaro the toy:

Thanks, Eva:

A villain appears:

The birth of Sakutaro:

Ange and Mammon:

Beato cheers Battler up:

Tag team:

Blue Turth formatting:

Maria's magic of happiness:

Ange realizes the truth:

The death of Sakutaro:

Lambda gives Ange a hint:

Kinzo summons some bunnies:

MARIA VS the Black Witch:

A promise unfulfilled:

A new demon lord rises:

Jessica makes her decision:

Determination becomes magic:

George VS Gaap:

Just kidding:

Sadly, the manga reduces goat-kun's role to basically just this page:

Repent:

Battler fails his test:

Battler's qualifications are revoked:

Magic is real:

Ange defeats Eva:

Knight sacrificed:

Endgame begins:

Kinzo is put to rest:

The true battle begins:

Red and Blue clash:

Beatrice defeated:

The final mystery:

Witchdorf and Cackler:

See you in EP5.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Dying Eva looks crazy.

And drat, Rosa was cold to shove Sakutarou in Maria's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rosa can be incredibly spiteful when she wants to.

• Locked thread