Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That's a shame. I was hoping politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/840993327898083328

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OGB posted:

Having never seen her before, what's going to make her stand out so strongly? Legit question, quite interested.

You know how like Lita did the one flip and no one ever remembers the guy she started with managing? Toni is like that. Her title matches against Io Shirai on STARDOM are pretty fuckin legit.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

coconono posted:

You know how like Lita did the one flip and no one ever remembers the guy she started with managing? Toni is like that. Her title matches against Io Shirai on STARDOM are pretty fuckin legit.

Essa Rios rules you chump.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/841121119298048000

Show of the loving year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania Weekend, April 1

CZW Best of the Best 16

First Round:
Jason Cade vs AR Fox vs Ricochet vs David Starr
Dave Crist vs Sami Callihan vs Jake Crist vs Fenix
Scorpio Sky vs Zachary Wentz vs Anthony Henry vs Michael Elgin
Shane Strickland vs Lio Rush vs Desmond Xavier vs Wired champion Joey Janela

Father Matthew Tremont vs Pentagon Jr

Brian Cage challenging for the World title

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWN Supershow

Battle Of Champions Elimination Match - Winner Will Be The 1st WWN Champion
Drew Galloway vs. Fred Yehi vs. Jon Davis vs. Matt Riddle vs. Parrow vs. Tracy Williams

EVOLVE vs. PROGRESS Match #1 - EVOLVE Title Match (If Sabre Jr. Retains At EVOLVE 80)
EVOLVE Champion Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Mark Haskins

PROGRESS vs. EVOLVE Match #2 - EVOLVE Title Match (If ACH Wins Title At EVOLVE 80)
PROGRESS World Champion Pete Dunne vs. ACH

EVOLVE vs. PROGRESS Match #3
Ethan Page with The Gatekeepers vs. Jimmy Havoc

PROGRESS vs. EVOLVE Match #4
Travis Banks & TK Cooper with Dahlia Black vs. Chris Dickinson & Jaka

SHINE Championship Match
LuFisto defends vs. Su Yung

Special Attraction Match
Keith Lee vs. Jason Kincaid

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how did i call ethan page v jimmy havoc

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Well, Wrestle Circus's dumb idea to run a show during SXSW and offering free tickets to past customers has hosed up completely and watching them melt down on twitter at people asking what's going on has been hilarious. Now, they've cancelled all the tickets people RSVP'd through Eventbrite because it's been "abused" and they're just going to send out tickets in the next two days, and any previous ones are void. Anyone who registered but doesn't get one sent to them? gently caress you, get a SXSW badge.

I'm not going to be bummed if I end up not getting another ticket, because it will be hell getting to a 7pm show in downtown on Friday night in the middle of SXSW is going to be hell. Either way, I'm just hoping that the Inspire Pro show later this month draws well with the Keith Lee/Sami Callihan main event, and none of the talent at Wrestle Circus get hosed on their pay.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Well, Wrestle Circus's dumb idea to run a show during SXSW and offering free tickets to past customers has hosed up completely and watching them melt down on twitter at people asking what's going on has been hilarious. Now, they've cancelled all the tickets people RSVP'd through Eventbrite because it's been "abused" and they're just going to send out tickets in the next two days, and any previous ones are void. Anyone who registered but doesn't get one sent to them? gently caress you, get a SXSW badge.

I'm not going to be bummed if I end up not getting another ticket, because it will be hell getting to a 7pm show in downtown on Friday night in the middle of SXSW is going to be hell. Either way, I'm just hoping that the Inspire Pro show later this month draws well with the Keith Lee/Sami Callihan main event, and none of the talent at Wrestle Circus get hosed on their pay.

this company is loving retarded

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

post their meltdown tweets

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You go to the circus and you get the clowns.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

this company is loving retarded

they're basically running like bullshit artist app developers because it's legit just a married couple who made their money in sales, and they've been hemorrhaging money. The only person around the management that has wrestling experience is the promoter's brother, Jordan Len-X, and everything else is just, "Wrestle Circus Club," merch and making four hour plus cards with no rhyme or reason. It's so short sighted and brazenly just some dickhead's bad investment, but at least I get to see more Jeff Cobb until the promotion dies.

Everyone is hot on it and it's going to get glowing reviews because they book all the indie talent they can, but knowing behind the curtain of the Austin scene makes it look scummy as gently caress.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 13, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've seen one show and it was pretty easy to tell how low rent the whole thing was.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Every company that tries to replicate PWG really doesn't understand what makes them work.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Every company that tries to replicate PWG really doesn't understand what makes them work.

Super Dragon's very specific form of autism?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Bidness posted:

Super Dragon's very specific form of autism?

If it leads to running a good company that wrestlers enjoy working and has been doing shows for over a decade? Yes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You really can't replicate PWG. It grew organically into this indie monster and has so much goodwill that it's able to pull off poo poo that nobody else could.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

You really can't replicate PWG. It grew organically into this indie monster and has so much goodwill that it's able to pull off poo poo that nobody else could.

Yeah that's my point. There are a lot of indies who think I wanna be the PWG of this region and they never understand what gave PWG so much good will in the first place.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAW is the PWG killer.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What gave PWG so much goodwill?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Speaking of AAW: Due to Everett being unable to attend they have removed the Tag Titles and there's going to be a mini-tournament this Friday! :woop:

Round 1:
OI4K v Chucky T/Trent?
Besties in the World v Wentz/Xavier

:getin:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think it's the fact that they have always managed to create a comfortable environment for wrestler and fan by treating them both with respect. Clearly it's a good place to work considering huge names continuously work there and as a fan I've never had a bad time at one of their shows. I also think the wrestlers booking wrestlers gimmick helps a lot. It's possible I'm speaking out of my rear end but I don't think any other Indy has gotten the good will and respect PWG has.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It also helps that PWG doesn't take themselves too seriously, which is a common indy promoter disease

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also they only do raffles sometimes and the raffles don't end up lasting like 20 minutes. Seriously what's the deal with indies doing raffles.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jubs posted:

What gave PWG so much goodwill?

It's run by fellow wrestlers so they're not being bullshitted or stiffed.

They have a super devoted following now and guys know they'll make good merch money.

They don't try to gently caress the fans and in the event ticketing fucks up they've made good in fair ways.

They let the guys be themselves and do what they want to do.

It's an environment where they can go wrestle and put on a show that showcases why they do what they do with no fear of being treated like poo poo, which goes a hell of a long way in this business.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HELLO

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/841438978498781184

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

addendum to the above

Pinwiz11 posted:

Speaking of AAW: Due to Everett being unable to attend they have removed the Tag Titles and there's going to be a mini-tournament this Friday! :woop:

Round 1:
OI4K v Chucky T/Trent?
Besties in the World v Wentz/Xavier

:getin:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/841438662252515328

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Friday!

Sami Callihan vs. Low-Ki - AAW Championship
ACH vs. Penta El 0M - AAW Heritage Championship
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Trevor Lee vs. Rey Fenix
Abyss vs. Homicide
AR Fox vs. Shane Strickland
OI4K vs. Best Friends
Besties in the World vs. Scarlet & Graves
Drew Galloway vs. DJZ
Andrew Everett not actually on the show despite being on the poster

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 15, 2017

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Yessssssss gimme

And gently caress I forgot the Chicagoish show is the Rosemont one, heck yeah, short commute!

I am also mad hyped for Fox-Strickland part 7000 or whatever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Friday!

Sami Callihan vs. Low-Ki - AAW Championship
ACH vs. Penta El 0M - AAW Heritage Championship
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Trevor Lee vs. Rey Fenix
Abyss vs. Homicide
AR Fox vs. Shane Strickland
OI4K vs. Best Friends
Besties in the World vs. Scarlet & Graves
Drew Galloway
Andrew Everett not actually on the show despite being on the poster

Good rear end card.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cool. Not that I wasn't already going but that will be fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm liking Ki's chances in the main.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

AAW is the PWG killer.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is Pentagon actually gonna be on this card or is he gonna be hosed by the boarder again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't think he's worked in the US since that weekend he had to cancel so I guess we'll find out

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Kyle/Zack was awesome both times in Reseda so hopefully they can deliver in a B-tier indie as well

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Nova Pro show last night was strong. All of the people I was seeing for the first time had good matches and I'd like to see them again: Rickey Shane Page, Alex Daniels, Rachael Ellering, Joey Janela, and Trevor Lee. Crowd was a little smaller than last month and extra annoying.

I'm excited for next month's Commonwealth Cup. They'll be back at the JCC. Also earlier this week they ran a story on Nova Pro in the Washington City Paper: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arts/blog/20854449/nova-pro-wrestling-profile

Alex Daniels I just saw for the first time in CWF against Chip Day and it was probably MOTN. Trev of course has been CWF champ for over a year with an incredible string of defenses.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Another fun part of the Wrestle Circus SXSW show is that people are getting upset that they're going to do bag checks with SXSW security in place. Wrestle Circus would probably report Fenix to ICE if he did an indie show in town the same weekend. And they definately made sure to say, "NO CAMCORDERS" in order to keep that 20k illegal stream views down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I haven't watched a PWG show since oatgan stopped playing them in PSP-TV. I hope it's still as cool and good as it was in 2014!