Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

multijoe posted:

I've been thinking alot about it and decided - this Sunday I really hope Toppo kicks Goku's rear end
Goku is going to win and crush all of the universes.

All hail Goku the Destroyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You know how some games have a bad ending or something that amounts to "The hero will have to fight for eternity in an endless unwinnable hell war"

I realize now that is Goku's literal Heaven and his ultimate dream

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Look, I'm just a voice actor but I'm pretty sure Piccolo wouldn't tell anyone "I'm the prince of all Saiyans, you bastard.' It sounds like Veg-"

"Shut up and read the line."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku is going for the True Demon ending

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

multijoe posted:

Goku is going for the True Demon ending

the full Son Wukong end, won't be satisfied until every god is pranked to maximum salt

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Black August posted:

the full Son Wukong end, won't be satisfied until every god is pranked to maximum salt

he can place a checkmark next to zamasu and king kai

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

"Look, I'm just a voice actor but I'm pretty sure Piccolo wouldn't tell anyone "I'm the prince of all Saiyans, you bastard.' It sounds like Veg-"

Please tell me this is an actual thing that happened.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

i can't prove it happened sadly

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Will we reach a finale where Goku looks at existence splintering apart and sees himself through every possible permutation and self, giving us a 48 minute shared monologue where Granny Goku talks to herself with Black's tone the entire time

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Black August posted:

Will we reach a finale where Goku looks at existence splintering apart and sees himself through every possible permutation and self, giving us a 48 minute shared monologue where Granny Goku talks to herself with Black's tone the entire time
This would own, but only if it features the clip of Goku doing the the Kamehameha with Oolong from the one live action movie.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Don't the Xenoverse voice actors have literally no context for any of their lines? Like they're just given a textdump from the Japanese developer.

Listen to Whis' voice:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3388dc

This was the first time I heard Whis dubbed in English and man I hated it. His voice trembling as if he's scared to tell Beerus something bad. Whis has watched Beerus destroy planets for their food not being tasty enough without flinching, and didn't bat an eye when his dad said Zen-Oh would destroy all the unworthy universes. So to hear him scared is really off-putting.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Junpei Hyde posted:

If it ever did, it was a long time ago, since isn't Sabat also one of the directors for the dubbing?

Tae posted:

English dub VA's are lucky to know who their character is at this point

Is there any other type of dubbing that just has the VA's go in blind, or is it just English anime dubbing?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Listen to Whis' voice:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3388dc

This was the first time I heard Whis dubbed in English and man I hated it. His voice trembling as if he's scared to tell Beerus something bad. Whis has watched Beerus destroy planets for their food not being tasty enough without flinching, and didn't bat an eye when his dad said Zen-Oh would destroy all the unworthy universes. So to hear him scared is really off-putting.

:wtc:

The Japanese is pretty awful too though, to be fair.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kuroyama posted:

Is there any other type of dubbing that just has the VA's go in blind, or is it just English anime dubbing?

This is going to sound like a smart rear end answer but it's genuine

Japanese English dubbing is the absolute worst. Even if they luck out and get some one fluent in English, which is SUPER rare, almost all of the time they are given such poo poo direction that it tanks the entire attempt. Take a look at any Japanese 90s era Godzilla film and you will find it rife with *AWFUL* English where the actor clearly had no idea how to speak the language and was just phonetically trying to piece it together. And that's assuming the actor can actually act

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Black August posted:

Nah it'll just be that stupid ackackackack noise she makes when Goku's fighting on a loop

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The reason why the Resident Evil 1 dub is so infamously bad is because the voice actors did their usual takes that actually sounded like humans, but the voice editors were japanese people that didn't speak english, so they picked and cut lines based on what they sounded was right.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kuroyama posted:

A lot of video game dubbing is done this way - they don't tell the actors who they're voicing because they know they'll ask for more money if they figure out it's a marquee character.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Chris Sabat's internal monologues are interesting.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm looking forward to Sean dubbing Goku Black since he's mentioned at cons that doing Goku all the time can be tiring, since he's just the simple happy fight guy.

I think he'd enjoy the opportunity to chew some scenery as a baddie.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Monaghan posted:

I'm looking forward to Sean dubbing Goku Black since he's mentioned at cons that doing Goku all the time can be tiring, since he's just the simple happy fight guy.

I think he'd enjoy the opportunity to chew some scenery as a baddie.

I could also see him, depending on how this arc goes, choosing to express Goku a little differently than usual after his choice and being labeled a villain.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Burkion posted:

Japanese English dubbing is the absolute worst. Even if they luck out and get some one fluent in English, which is SUPER rare, almost all of the time they are given such poo poo direction that it tanks the entire attempt. Take a look at any Japanese 90s era Godzilla film and you will find it rife with *AWFUL* English where the actor clearly had no idea how to speak the language and was just phonetically trying to piece it together. And that's assuming the actor can actually act

It's not just 90s Godzilla. I watched Shin Godzilla and they had American actors playing Americans speaking grammatically correct English, but it was till really stilted because Anno doesn't know how to direct in English.

Not to mention one of the main characters was a third-generation Japanese-American who's first language was English, yet she still speaks with a very obvious accent.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3QpCdyIw4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Warning, anime nudity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXTpik5wf4

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is incredible

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kiniro Mosaic and Symphogear are both incredible animes, yes.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It's just good enough that I understood what they said without having to repeat the clip.

Whereas this one I had to repeat it a few times.

But in the role reversal department, we get gems like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU&t=22s

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Spiritus Nox posted:

Dragonball owns.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 14, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

So far the only Dragon Ball scene to make me tear up :(

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
page late, but ginyu is the best bro to everybody, especially from your interactions with him in Dragon Ball Fusions. his force seems like they'd probably be heroes if they weren't working for Frieza.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

page late, but ginyu is the best bro to everybody, especially from your interactions with him in Dragon Ball Fusions. his force seems like they'd probably be heroes if they weren't working for Frieza.

Actually in the now little-remembered "Dragonball" comics he's an rear end in a top hat.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He doesn't really doing anything that bad besides that weird Ginyu tryout thing.

Which could have been filler.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

He doesn't really doing anything that bad besides that weird Ginyu tryout thing.

Which could have been filler.

He steals Son Goku's body and attempts to murder both him and his friend and child.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the ginyu force are assholes. they're a fun group to watch but that doesn't mean they aren't bad guys

not that being an rear end in a top hat really matters in dbz, but still

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

He steals Son Goku's body and attempts to murder both him and his friend and child.

I am aware and I can't blame him

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Wheelo was trying to steal Goku's body before it was cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I believe the official ranking of Goku Body Stealers is Ginyu > Zamasu > Wheelo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

we need a what-if scenario in xenoverse 3 where ginyu and zamasu get into a fight over who gets to be goku

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there more dragon Ball z after gt? What are they and is it worth watching?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RC Cola posted:

If you're not aware Dragonball Super is a post-Z/pre-GT series that (barring some shocking twist) shows a different plot than GT ended up doing. It's also much better than GT is.

If you mean explicitly post-GT, no, that's the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RC Cola posted:

you should just go before battle of gods gets your hope up.

• Locked thread