Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There are former child actors who didn't turn out totally weird, but they're the exception.
Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, Michael J Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

If you have so little to do with your life that you use contrails and the position of shadows to find an anti-fascist flag in the middle of nowhere for the sole purpose of stealing it, you've already lost.
All the nazi stuff aside, tracking it down so quickly was pretty impressive achievement of trolling, and it's probably something that could be done in a few hours if you know what you're doing. I've spent way too much time on an internet from project, so I should know.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

if your argument relies on michael j fox being normal, it's a little shaky

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The best Shia TheBeef shadenfreude is that when he got beat up outside a bar in Vancouver for being an obnoxious twat, someone across the street shouted "Where's bumblebee now?!?!"

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

poly and open-minded posted:

if your argument relies on michael j fox being normal, it's a little shaky

drat

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Yeah, agreed, you have to be pretty unstable to make fun of such a horrible disorder.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

nobody is bothered that Shia Lebeouf is an actual cannibal anymore?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Life.gif
https://i.imgur.com/kWuN3o3.gifv

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I need to know the story for that one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

There is so much happening here. The winning player who can't hug her brother (son?). The man who can't get off the stage properly (Downs?). :confused:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Dillbag posted:

Shia TheBeef

This was never ever funny.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jam With Seeds posted:

Yeah, agreed, you have to be pretty unstable to make fun of such a horrible disorder.

Hey, sometimes you just have to take the shot if your quiver's not yet empty.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blackchamber posted:

nobody is bothered that Shia Lebeouf is an actual cannibal anymore?

I don't know this story. Who'd he eat?

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know this story. Who'd he eat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
If you want to follow the basketballer story search for "basketball player can't hug brother". Sure enough, the woman blocking a toddler from receiving a hug is named... Deb.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Cage posted:

I need to know the story for that one.

Girl always hugs her little brother after her games, was denied after winning state.
http://mashable.com/2017/03/13/siblings-denied-hug-by-wiaa-official/#s.b7N5oSSqqI

quote:

For the safety of the players, coaches, media and spectators, as well as conducting the award ceremonies in a proficient and efficient manner, the WIAA does its best to keep spectators from entering onto the court at any time. We encourage players, their families, classmates and others to celebrate and exchange their congratulations, as well as share their joy at the appropriate time after the ceremonies.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Girl always hugs her little brother after her games, was denied after winning state.
http://mashable.com/2017/03/13/siblings-denied-hug-by-wiaa-official/#s.b7N5oSSqqI

The terrorists won.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TheRagamuffin posted:

The terrorists won.

Donald Trump’s America, ladies and gents.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

What is even the point of this policy, were there threats or something?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What is even the point of this policy, were there threats or something?

There's got to be a monetary reason for it. It's basically the reason any rule exists. Insurance?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The other kids were jealous because they didn’t get hugs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's got to be a monetary reason for it. It's basically the reason any rule exists. Insurance?

Almost certainly. If they let anyone on the court who isn't a player/official, then they'd have to start making allowances and exclusions and hiring people to vet and or monitor attendants so that someone who isn't just an angry superfan for one team or another doesn't use it as an opportunity to attack a player or do something else awful.

I don't really see the problem with letting the player leave the court to interact with a fan/hug a little brother, though...

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Chichevache posted:

There is so much happening here. The winning player who can't hug her brother (son?). The man who can't get off the stage properly (Downs?). :confused:

Girls win High School state championship. Three year-old brother who hugs his sister after every game gets shooed away by league official because they don't allow spectators on the court. Everybody gets mad. League (sort of) apologizes.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2017/03/13/post-game-video-brings-apology-north-wiaa/99128024/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

For women's basketball? :lol:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

marshmallow creep posted:

Almost certainly. If they let anyone on the court who isn't a player/official, then they'd have to start making allowances and exclusions and hiring people to vet and or monitor attendants so that someone who isn't just an angry superfan for one team or another doesn't use it as an opportunity to attack a player or do something else awful.

I don't really see the problem with letting the player leave the court to interact with a fan/hug a little brother, though...

I guess that's really the weirdest part, she pushes away the kid then shoos the player back onto the court. I guess the only solution is to surround every sporting floor in hockey shielding

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm really looking forward to the day CGI becomes advanced enough that you can reasonably add instant karma to gifs like this. I want basketball girl to knock jerk lady on her rear end.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I've said this a lot in this thread, but what did he think would happen?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Alaois posted:

Ben Stein also wrote some really unintentionally funny books back in the seventies.

Boy did he ever. IDEOTV did a podcast about one of them early on. It's worth a listen.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sunswipe posted:

I feel like I've said this a lot in this thread, but what did he think would happen?

he has the perfect batman voice now

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

For women's basketball? :lol:

I'd be angry if I was a fan of women's basketball, so the theory is sound.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

He was pitching a Batman/Human Torch crossover

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In a similar, more positive vein, a Scottish runner won her first gold medal and they tried to prevent her from taking her traditional victory lap due to a presumed lack of time. She just ran past the woman trying to block her and kept going.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

chitoryu12 posted:

In a similar, more positive vein, a Scottish runner won her first gold medal and they tried to prevent her from taking her traditional victory lap due to a presumed lack of time. She just ran past the woman trying to block her and kept going.

In the US she would have made it halfway around before a beefy security guard did a full speed take down and put her in cuffs while people with cell phone cameras shouted "WORLDSTAR" :911:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

marshmallow creep posted:

It's a state tournament game, so odds are good there will be a different class playing shortly after the Appleton team or whoever won. The state officials need to keep on schedule and whatnot. My hometown's girls team won state this year and they were ushered off the floor and had to take a team picture with the trophy in the back so the next championship game could start on time. It'd gently caress up everyone's day if like their classmates stormed the court to celebrate or whatever. But yeah, letting a girl hug her brother seems like the no-brainer-ist thing in the world.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

In the US she would have made it halfway around before a beefy security guard did a full speed take down and put her in cuffs while people with cell phone cameras shouted "WORLDSTAR" :911:

No she wouldn’t have.

Security guards aren’t that fit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Platystemon posted:

No she wouldn’t have.

Security guards aren’t that fit.

Yeah, they'd have just shot her

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Azhais posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqtPUhYdz6M

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Azhais posted:

No, they would have tried to shoot her, but actually hit five people in the crowd instead.

Once she stopped of her own volition, as paramedics carried away the ventilated fans, that’s when they would have maced her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Azhais posted:

Gotta keep the athletes safe, even from themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I'm really looking forward to the day CGI becomes advanced enough that you can reasonably add instant karma to gifs like this. I want basketball girl to knock jerk lady on her rear end.

Uhhhh okay lol