Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the first half-dozen or so pages were serious examples of the clinton campaign falling on their face on messaging so congrats thread you did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

but this is c-spam

What is the ideal spamwich of posts?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

got any sevens posted:

What is the ideal spamwich of posts?

ed balls.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
her message was loud white noise from a machine lmao

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
lol

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

comedyblissoption posted:

the first half-dozen or so pages were serious examples of the clinton campaign falling on their face on messaging so congrats thread you did it

It was an ernest question op.

That campaign... Yikes.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I was just as shocked as everyone else on Nov. 8th, but looking back at the campaign it all just looks so inevitable. It's not an upset, it's the culmination of months of mistakes, unforced errors, and hubris.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

IT WAS INEVITABLE

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

IT WAS INEVITABLE

:iit:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I was just as shocked as everyone else on Nov. 8th, but looking back at the campaign it all just looks so inevitable. It's not an upset, it's the culmination of months of mistakes, unforced errors, and hubris.

I think most people thought it was going to be close but that she would ultimately win. I think we all just kind of assumed she had done the bare minimum to run a competent campaign and that was her edge over Trump. Surely between Bill, Barack, her legion of advisers and vaunted status as the most experienced candidate ever she would remember to swing by a union hall in the key battleground states at least once or twice, right? Surely no candidate could be so out of touch that they only made fundraiser appearances in must win states. I mean yeah, Clinton was an uncharismatic robot who hated the press and sharing information, who was praised as a wonk but couldn't sell her ideas to a crowd and relied on a bewildering website, and who was supposed to be running on her qualifications but campaigned on personal attacks and negativity, but surely even she could do the absolute bare minimum required of a presidential candidate and just show up for a pancake breakfast or two.

Turns out that no, she couldn't. She failed at the simplest, most basic task of campaigning and now we have President Trump.

Hillary's campaign message was that she was uniquely awful and probably the only candidate who could have lost to Trump.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Her campaign message was the perfect Obama continuation: "...but we won't."

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I randomly remembered watching this haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1p7bBF4uQ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The first woman president!

(Loses to the most unqualified presidential canidate in US history)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
God how many year do we have to wait until a Game Changer like book about how bad the Clinton campaign was?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ahahahahahaha

Cut to Jennifer Lawrence shooting her with a bow and arrow

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Clinton staring uncomfortably into the camera for a full like 30 seconds backtracked by the demo button on a Casio keyboard never fails to crack me up.

You can imagine the staffer pitch to her campaign team about how Powerful and Moving it would be

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

BexGu posted:

God how many year do we have to wait until a Game Changer like book about how bad the Clinton campaign was?

Pounded in the butt by the physical manifestation of my own hubris
-Chuck Tingle

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, someone should have redacted the name at the end of Podesta's VP list, it's attracted undesirables

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: imagine if Obama did the same video.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

call to action posted:

gently caress, someone should have redacted the name at the end of Podesta's VP list, it's attracted undesirables

the word you're looking for is "deplorables"

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
currently hillary clinton's message to the american people is 'i am now less relevant to ongoing politics than mike huckabee'

i think it speaks magnitudes about clinton that she has just vanished. you would think, if she was really in it for the american people, and she really believed in the kind of vision that all her supporters said she was, that she would be working her rear end off to assure said followers and lead them onwards. but she's just loving gone now and it proves she was full of poo poo all along and was only running so as to be president.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gyra_Solune posted:

currently hillary clinton's message to the american people is 'i am now less relevant to ongoing politics than mike huckabee'

i think it speaks magnitudes about clinton that she has just vanished. you would think, if she was really in it for the american people, and she really believed in the kind of vision that all her supporters said she was, that she would be working her rear end off to assure said followers and lead them onwards. but she's just loving gone now and it proves she was full of poo poo all along and was only running so as to be president.

no she's coming back now

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BexGu posted:

Whoever comes through with a firsthand account of the night of November 8th in that hotel suite will get as much of my money as they ask for.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BexGu posted:

We deserve to read such a book, but I fear the people who could write it are all hillshills and won't release it.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
or they're engaged in a lawsuit. this is the one thread I wish I could post in but I dare not for a little while longer.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Grondoth posted:

In 2015 I said to myself "2008 was the year of hope and change, 2016 is the year we burn it down, Donald trump will be president", then in 2016 I saw all the polls and bought into the hype that Hillary had it in the bag.

I shoulda stuck with my gut feeling.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ok, so this thread has been running for 14 pages, does anyone know what hillary's campaign message was yet? considering what a great campaign she ran, someone on this forum's gotta know what her message to the public was

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Condiv posted:

ok, so this thread has been running for 14 pages, does anyone know what hillary's campaign message was yet? considering what a great campaign she ran, someone on this forum's gotta know what her message to the public was

i think it was "In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well. "

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Condiv posted:

Check her website

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

The Brown Menace posted:

i think it was "In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well. "

drat, I'd have voted for that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

gobbagool posted:

Check her website

wait is that the message or should i look there for the message?

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
She makes me miss Sarah Palin

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Condiv posted:

Come on grandpa, the medium is the message

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Condiv posted:

She had the most progressive platform of all time.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Condiv posted:

This thread proves that Clinton had defused and neurotic campaign messaging. There really isnt one consistent answer to "What was Hillary Clinton's campaign message?"

Lets just look at the fundamentals of political campaigning/messaging - your slogan. This is something high school kids understand when running for class president. What was her campaign's slogan? Was it STRONGER TOGETHER, or I'M WITH HER, or LOVE TRUMP'S HATE, or FIGHT FOR US?

Her campaign had almost twice as much money, a massive team of experienced political operatives, some of the best surrogates imaginable, and a vast ground game.

And despite all this... She lost to a hat.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Here's an aecdote from the facebook of Robert Reich, a former Labour Secretary under Bill Clinton. I guess you could say is on the far left of what might be considered acceptable for establishment Democrats. I think this helps explain how the Democratic party ended up running the campaign that it did.

quote:

I’ve spent much of this week in Washington – talking with friends still in government, former colleagues, high-ranking Democrats, a few Republican pundits, and some members of Congress from both sides of the aisle. It was my first visit to our nation’s capital since Trump became president.

My verdict:

Washington is more divided, angry, bewildered, and fearful – than I’ve ever seen it.
The angry divisions aren’t just Democrats versus Republicans. Rancor is also exploding inside the Republican Party.
Republicans (and their patrons in big business) no longer believe Trump will give them cover to do what they want to do. They’re becoming afraid Trump is genuinely nuts, and he’ll pull the party down with him.
Many Republicans are also angry at Paul Ryan, whose replacement bill for Obamacare is considered by almost everyone on Capitol Hill to be incredibly dumb.
I didn’t talk with anyone inside the White House, but several who have had dealings with it called it a cesspool of intrigue and fear. Apparently everyone working there hates and distrusts everyone else.
The Washington foreign policy establishment – both Republican and Democrat – is deeply worried about what’s happening to American foreign policy, and the worldwide perception of America being loony and rudderless. They think Trump is legitimizing far-right movements around the world.
Long-time civil servants are getting ready to bail. If they’re close to retirement they’re already halfway out the door. Many in their 30s and 40s are in panic mode.
Republican pundits think Bannon is even more unhinged than Trump, seeking to destroy democracy as we’ve known it.
Despite all this, no one I talked with thought a Trump impeachment likely, at least not any time soon — unless there’s a smoking gun showing Trump’s involvement in Russia’s intrusion into the election.
Many people asked, bewilderedly, “how did this [Trump] happen?” When I suggest it had a lot to do with the 35-year-long decline of incomes of the bottom 60 percent; the growing sense, ever since the Wall Street bailout, that the game is rigged; and the utter failure of both Republicans and Democrats to reverse these trends – they gave me blank stares.

If Reich is to be believed then even the most milquetoast left-liberal or populist critiques of the economy and its role in Trump's victory are not just dismissed by the Democratic party's elites but in fact are such alien and bizarre concepts that they elicit reactions of mute incomprehension.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

just burn the dems to the ground

by which i mean sit back and relax since theyre already doing that themselves

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Helsing posted:

Here's an aecdote from the facebook of Robert Reich, a former Labour Secretary under Bill Clinton. I guess you could say is on the far left of what might be considered acceptable for establishment Democrats. I think this helps explain how the Democratic party ended up running the campaign that it did.

If Reich is to be believed then even the most milquetoast left-liberal or populist critiques of the economy and its role in Trump's victory are not just dismissed by the Democratic party's elites but in fact are such alien and bizarre concepts that they elicit reactions of mute incomprehension.

Its natural for a bunch of politicians so vastly removed from the common people to not understand simple concepts like 'shits gotten worse for three decades now', especially when things have consistently gotten better for them because theyre in the upper class. They think everything revolves around their world of think tanks and pundits, so thats where they think the problem must lay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The most qualified candidate of all time has the most progressive platform ever. What was it? Pokemon Go to her website.

• Locked thread