Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Deray Mckesson is a loving hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

BexGu posted:

Its best not to talk about the containment forum. That's the kind of attention they want.

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/840763175201062912

who the gently caress is this loser

https://twitter.com/Tzereter/status/841186098512568320

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im amazed at how consistently this thread manages to point to bad poo poo while having the person pointing be several degrees more mockable

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

im amazed at how consistently this thread manages to point to bad poo poo while having the person pointing be several degrees more mockable

such is the fate of all dedicated mock threads

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I have no loving clue I just follow various retweets and don't go further then the funny one shot. People really do seem to be loosing their mind about this JonTron person through.

mormonpartyboat posted:

I personally love it!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agean90 posted:

such is the fate of all dedicated mock threads

i will never not laugh at someone just casually reading nazi anime twitter and discovering that Lena Dunham Is Bad And People Need To Know, and kramering into the thread so hard they spill their crunchwrap

"did u know she did this thing with her sister????" proudly posted like an idiot dog that wants to show off how they made poopy on the floor

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

v rude hidden messages IMO.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
tbh i was hoping this thread would be more rigorous, but ibstead im supposed to mock twitter eggs, anime avatars, a dam, and They

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

mormonpartyboat posted:

i will never not laugh at someone just casually reading nazi anime twitter and discovering that Lena Dunham Is Bad And People Need To Know, and kramering into the thread so hard they spill their crunchwrap

"did u know she did this thing with her sister????" proudly posted like an idiot dog that wants to show off how they made poopy on the floor

Nazis have access to ancient wisdom lost to the sands of time, such as the beans that a frumpy New York egoist spilled on herself two years ago, so you would be wise to heed their warnings.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mgreen42 posted:

Why not? The primary -is- the only debate we have left now. Unless you'd like to face the reality that politically, and with regards to anyone remotely in power, it's Conservative VS Ultra-Conservative for the next eight years.

Congratulations, now you understand the rule!

mormonpartyboat posted:

Where does that leave you, in this analogy? Some person who stays at a place they don't like and watches dogs poo poo?

Like it was days ago that someone mentioned Lena Dunham and you sat in that house, stewing and fuming.

call to action has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Mar 13, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Jimmy Dore mentioned this Taibbi article so I'm linking it for the thread.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/taibbi-russia-story-is-a-minefield-for-democrats-and-the-media-w471074

And here's Dore

https://youtu.be/PTsch129Zwg

Also:

Jesus Christ. They literally think we're a nation of 3rd graders don't they?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus Christ. They literally think we're a nation of 3rd graders don't they?

Well, Trump did get voted in

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Kingfish posted:

Deray Mckesson is a loving hack.

ive never seen someone sell out so quickly and intensely

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Ik we aren't supposed to talk poo poo, but Tiny Brontosaurus will still try to carry water for him as a leader of the BLM movement. Just a little sample of how serious she is about actual intersectionality.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

call to action posted:

Where does that leave you, in this analogy? Some person who stays at a place they don't like and watches dogs poo poo?

it doesnt because im just sitting here laughing?

while i fully believe you should find your own way, there might be better ways than making sure u take time out of your day to be mad at lena dunham's continued existence

lots of things in this world are bad, and you should find ways to laugh at them and find joy in the world instead of stewing in unoriginal repetition of the same few mean and petty jokes!!!!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/841400006112366592

lol how quickly the democrats forget that this was the guy who refused to press charges against any bankers back in '08

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Ik we aren't supposed to talk poo poo, but Tiny Brontosaurus will still try to carry water for him as a leader of the BLM movement. Just a little sample of how serious she is about actual intersectionality.

What does he actually have to do with BLM? Google is a rat's nest on the issue

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Crane Fist posted:

What does he actually have to do with BLM? Google is a rat's nest on the issue

BLM doesnt have any real centralization so i dont know what you mean by that

hes seems to be a somewhat naive guy who also is unashamedly black and argues for black issues and does stuff like campaign zero

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/841400006112366592

lol how quickly the democrats forget that this was the guy who refused to press charges against any bankers back in '08
do clinton voters and obama supporters like not see anything wrong with how the democratic party handled the financial crisis with respect to wall street fraud. i'm just a simple man trying to understand here.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

do clinton voters and obama supporters like not see anything wrong with how the democratic party handled the financial crisis with respect to wall street fraud. i'm just a simple man trying to understand here.

As long as they did something potentially good or even just "okay" for a group that voter/supporter/whoever cares (or pretends to care) about, then no. No they don't.

Because the goal is to pull themselves up that high so that they in turn can get away with that poo poo.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

comedyblissoption posted:

its all along the left. the moderate wing is too naive to have values that come with a direct cost, while bernie voters aren't old enough to remember the financial crisis

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

BLM doesnt have any real centralization so i dont know what you mean by that

hes seems to be a somewhat naive guy who also is unashamedly black and argues for black issues and does stuff like campaign zero

he also argues for charter schools, ftr

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cucked by his wife son. #MAGA

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

he also argues for charter schools, ftr

yes, naive guy is naive

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

yes, naive guy is naive

I don't think there's anything naive about it tbqh. Not when TFA is willing to bankroll him.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It is the right of every American, regardless of gender, race or creed, to be a corporate tool who advocates for whatever dumb and/or noble thing that pops into their head.

For instance, I like to relax with a refreshing Coke Zero, now in delicious cherry flavor and available anywhere quality soft drinks are sold, after a hard day of advocating for early childhood education and Wall Street deregulation.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

its all along the left. the moderate wing is too naive to have values that come with a direct cost, while bernie voters aren't old enough to remember the financial crisis

Young people remember the financial crisis better than anyone because this lovely no-hope recovery is the only economy we've known.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't think there's anything naive about it tbqh. Not when TFA is willing to bankroll him.

when a person believes people are fundamentally good and honest about their motivations, they're gonna get taken to the fuckin cleaners

charter schools are one of those things with a lot of appeal in the abstract because you can Do Things Different

that they're hilarious money laundering schemes in reality is easy to blame on the actors rather than the concept vOv

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Kingfish posted:

Young people remember the financial crisis better than anyone because this lovely no-hope recovery is the only economy we've known.

young people see the poo poo their parents could afford via low-skill, single earner labor and they cannot with 2 degrees in a city where the cost of renting a 1br exceeds their monthly takehome pay

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

when a person believes people are fundamentally good and honest about their motivations, they're gonna get taken to the fuckin cleaners

charter schools are one of those things with a lot of appeal in the abstract because you can Do Things Different

that they're hilarious money laundering schemes in reality is easy to blame on the actors rather than the concept vOv

Given how lucrative deray has made his "activism" it's really hard to see how he's been "taken to the cleaners." dude knows exactly what the gently caress he's doing, and it becomes more apparent when you remember that his tenure as HR director for Baltimore schools was marked by ruthlessly firing teachers - directly in-line with TFA's union-busting bullshit.

Dude's not stupid or naive by any means.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

Given how lucrative deray has made his "activism" it's really hard to see how he's been "taken to the cleaners." dude knows exactly what the gently caress he's doing, and it becomes more apparent when you remember that his tenure as HR director for Baltimore schools was marked by ruthlessly firing teachers - directly in-line with TFA's union-busting bullshit.

Dude's not stupid or naive by any means.

lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so what do people think about the johntron stuff. the dude kinda has lovely gilded age race ideals now and is openly alt right now. i always assumed he went right after the Wokes went nuts on him for saying retard and not defending quinn on twitter or some poo poo but now he is stupid clown who believes in retarded poo poo because some dumb asses whispered in his ear so now he believes Irish and Italians were never persecuted back in the day and that Blacks commit all crime.

also neogaf is loving jizzing themselves over his outing himself and colin leaving kinda funny.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Mar 14, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think about the Johntron stuff.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so what do people think about the johntron stuff.

a loving idiot, always been a loving idiot, anyone who cares about him is a loving idiot

qed

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I heard about it and it was extremely funny

That's all I need to know.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
who cares what a dumbass internet youtuber thinks (well other than millions of children)

oh..

hm.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

I've seen it ruin a lot of lives in my neck of the woods...

anime was right posted:

young people see the poo poo their parents could afford via low-skill, single earner labor and they cannot with 2 degrees in a city where the cost of renting a 1br exceeds their monthly takehome pay

They successfully bailed out Wall Street and deserted Main Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7wPze_2S-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqceHviNBC4&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHgO0WFCjw

Watching videos like this actually make me cry that my fellow Americans, Ohioans, Friends and Neighbors were abandoned in the manner they were.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anime was right posted:

who cares what a dumbass internet youtuber thinks (well other than millions of children)

oh..

hm.

this actually is true and not something I'd initially thought about until I read a comment to similar effect. Shits like jontron and pewdiepie inundate kids with a lot of lovely behavior that they pick up solely because it's "cool."

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like yall gotta legit remember kids are being raised on youtube and not pbs now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oh Snapple! posted:

this actually is true and not something I'd initially thought about until I read a comment to similar effect. Shits like jontron and pewdiepie inundate kids with a lot of lovely behavior that they pick up solely because it's "cool."

pewdiepi was just being a edgy shitlord making /pol/ jokes. jontron fell hard into the alt right poo poo. which makes me sad because he was pretty funny.

• Locked thread