Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Well, gently caress. Didn't see Shibata or Ishii going over. I guess Shibata's going to win the whole thing, and he's going after Okada. I'm so glad that sexting doesn't get you a depush in New Japan in TYOOL 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

That catch-German on Ishii :stonk:
That was my favorite spot in a match that had a bunch of neat spots. Great match in the second half; first half didn't quite drag me in.

I guess it's shaping up to a EVIL/Shibata final, but we've already seen some surprises.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Good, I never liked the idea of Kenny winning this tournament in the first place. Now he can win the belt at Dominion or Night 2 of the LA shows.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/840996660092256256

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I think Ibushi might be on drugs...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I predict Juice upsetting Shibata and getting and Evil vs Juice finals. Juice also beats Sanada to work his way through LIJ's ranks.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The second round will be spaced across four different days this week. None will be broadcast live but the Cup match will be uploaded later in the archives

3/13 - Nagata vs. EVIL
3/14 - Fale vs YTR
3/15 - Shibata vs. Juice
3/17 - Ishii vs SANADA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder how the higher ups in WWE and NJPW feel if they see this poo poo and realise Kota would rather be doing this than working for them.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I wonder how the higher ups in WWE and NJPW feel if they see this poo poo and realise Kota would rather be doing this than working for them.

Eh, NJPW doesn't need Kota Ibushi. They've got Tiger Mask W.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What did they really expect from a DDT guy?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The very large young lion will debut on one of the NJ Cup shows teaming with Oka against GOD.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Venomous posted:

Eh, NJPW doesn't need Kota Ibushi. They've got Tiger Mask W.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

KungFu Grip posted:

The very large young lion will debut on one of the NJ Cup shows teaming with Oka against GOD.

HYPED

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

This is a foregone conclusion but the prospect of a ten minute hoss tag match sounds amazing nevertheless

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He's wrestling on all the second round cards, so we could end up seeing him on Sunday.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ishin posted:

I think Ibushi might be on drugs...

I originally said that AJ vs. Matt Riddle would be the best match between the two dumbest people possible. I'm now considering that Kota vs. Riddle might be that match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_49_01_06

Nagata vs. EVIL's up

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I wasn't having a pretty lovely day and then I watched Ishii bust out a frankensteiner so all is well.

Some big surprises in that first round. My prediction of Elgin/Omega in the finals went to poo poo so now I want EVIL and my boy Katsuyori to tear it up. Gedo is clearly a man who fucks, so maybe Shibata's chappin will finally get him that world title push.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

ishii will beat bad luck fale in the finals and then join suzuki-gun and beat okada ichiban

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Caught up last night, Kenny vs Ishii was absolutely nuts and I kinda wish the fall had come on the lariat. Still a good finish though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

handsome only face posted:

juice will beat bad luck fale in the finals and then join suzuki-gun and beat okada ichiban

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Controversial opinion: Yujiro is becoming less poo poo than he has been in years. I'm not going as far as to say he's even remotely good, but he's starting to show signs of not being utter shite.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

NJPW World has put this up as a free match for anyone interested in seeing this guy in action.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Donr misquote me

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fale/Yano is up. The wrist tape spot is pretty great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hot take: I can't stand Toru Yano

EDIT: Except when he tagged with Ishii. I loved Ishii's total disdain for him as they would continue to win matches.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 14, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

Fale/Yano is up. The wrist tape spot is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ot7tYQoep8

Also who is this "Fale" you speak of? njpwworld.com clearly says this match is Yano VS bad rack Whare.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Yano is so good, that's the best comedy match I've seen in a long time.

"Count! Count! Count!"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/840963339647819777

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

new Observer posted:

Tickets for the 6/30 and 7/1 shows in Long Beach are expected to be put on sale relatively soon but no date is finalized for that right now. It will be very interesting how they go. There will be info on those shows announced at WaleMania on 3/30 in Orlando

not getting my hopes up but it would be nice if info = some idea of how these cards will be constructed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

Hot take: I can't stand Toru Yano

EDIT: Except when he tagged with Ishii. I loved Ishii's total disdain for him as they would continue to win matches.

Yano is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Utterly destroyed Suzuki.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

There is another Goon I watch NJPW with and he loves Yano. I just can't get into him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

There is another Goon I watch NJPW with and he loves Yano. I just can't get into him.

I like him because the only thing he brings to the table is being able to gently caress with anyone. He's not like a WWE style heel that only knows "powder during babyface fire" and "look vaguely confused while brutalizing a babyface." More like the old school memphis/southern style heels that knew just the right trick at the right time.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

And he caused Tanahashi, the super-clean, good-guy #1 babyface, to start cheating like a dirty heel. Made for a welcome change in Tanahashi's personality.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

not getting my hopes up but it would be nice if info = some idea of how these cards will be constructed

I'm going to assume that Dave just hosed up the dates because the NJPW website still shows 7/1 and 7/2.

I'm also hoping for details because I'm seriously considering buying tickets and flying out for the weekend, but I want to know that I will be seeing something worth flying 4 hours for.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

I like him because the only thing he brings to the table is being able to gently caress with anyone. He's not like a WWE style heel that only knows "powder during babyface fire" and "look vaguely confused while brutalizing a babyface." More like the old school memphis/southern style heels that knew just the right trick at the right time.

I'm willing to give this a shot. I have NJPW World. What are 3 Toru Yano matches that I should watch?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

SalTheBard posted:

I'm willing to give this a shot. I have NJPW World. What are 3 Toru Yano matches that I should watch?

vs. TAJIRI in G1 2009 but it's not on there. he blocks the mist with umbrella

maybe NEW JAPAN CUP 2015 2015 March 8, Tokyo Korakuen second round hole "NEW JAPAN CUP 2015" sixth game Kota Ibushi vs Yano second round

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 17, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm going to assume that Dave just hosed up the dates because the NJPW website still shows 7/1 and 7/2.

Japan is 16 hours ahead of the west coast, this might be the reason?

Also Yano even named his autobiography "I know NOTHING about pro wrestling," so he's pretty grounded about it all.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

harperdc posted:

Japan is 16 hours ahead of the west coast, this might be the reason?

Also Yano even named his autobiography "I know NOTHING about pro wrestling," so he's pretty grounded about it all.

Didn't Matt Striker in his first Wrestle Kingdom commentary try to justify Yano's use of the turnbuckle pad as a weapon by stating it had a metal bar inside of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The final second round match of Ishii/SANADA is now uploaded on njpwworld.com!

• Locked thread