Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

In 2014 nobody knew that was a joke, people actually thought the Idris was just about to hit the hangar. I gave up being disgusted by the marketing practices a long time ago and everything is just funny to me now, hard core Citizens don't wish to remember all this stuff.

I... I remember :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

Ya I'm not expecting a refund for that, I think at this point I want to get the money out as quick as possible before an ELE.

Get most of the money paid and then push them on subscriptions, it's worth a couple of emails imho. I'd be interested to see if they are brave enough to refuse, if you frame the argument in terms of them choosing to deny you access to something you already paid for.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

I seem to remember if you stand on top of someone's chariot and salute they can't take off. If you intend to test some of this stuff to help CIG out.

o8

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

You can get subscriptions refunded but you have to push them hard for it. You get in-"game" items as part of the subscription and they'll want to close your account which denies you access to them, also they promised badges and pirate stuff for subscriptions that they either never delivered or delivered late.

That one recently quoted ship sale page had a disclaimer that all items will be able to be acquired in game, and it specifically included flair items in that disclaimer as well.

lol lol lol

Edit: I had the wrong quote in here somehow.

XK fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 14, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

Your comment fails to have anything to do with your attitude toward a generic question. I was not aware of threats toward another user. I asked for examples. Every response to me has been rude and full of vitriol. If me asking a basic question is trolling them I'm sorry for asking basic questions in this subreddit.

Next time leave the attitude at home and treat people with a modicum of respect before sending a wall of text full of attitude then using your ability to ban someone just because they are willing to defend themselves.
Good luck with that.

Because I post in Star Citizen and DerekSmart that means I must be an enemy? The projection is real.

lmao "Why won't you let me troll your subreddit with impunity???"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

List of space games whose development began, ran, and released before Star Citizen:

No man's sky
Elite (Plus an entire year of DLC)
COD IW
Hellion kinda
Stellaris
Mass Effect Andro

what else
Angels Fall First

Beet Wagon posted:

TurnipFall 2
Cod: Infinite Warfish
"Cod: Infinite Swordfish" would make a great survival/horror game.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

Actually

GOING THROUGH WALLS BY USING SLEEP EMOTE.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 stand in front of a wall and look a bit in the right.
2 activate the sleep emote.
3 the charakter is glitching through the wall

ACTUAL RESULT
its possible on every map.

EXPECTED RESULT
fix this bug please.

Ah, yes, there we go. I hope that was actually going through the wall, and not just partial escape.

Sabreseven posted:

You got it:

stimpire.txt

Warhawk, learn this and love it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

Not if they are infinite :v:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MilesK posted:

But, Battlefield 1 comes with a second, totally separate, singleplayer game based in the same universe for free. Buying a season pass isn't required, it's more like a donation to the developers who are continually trying to expand the scope of the game. Really we should be paying $90 for the base game and another $45 for each expansion, also guns should be sold in limited quantities and cost hundreds of dollars, also these prices should always go up in the future never down. Not a cult.

$40 missiles, don't forget those.

https://i.imgur.com/UG7z54e.mp4

AP posted:

I seem to remember if you stand on top of someone's chariot and salute they can't take off. If you intend to test some of this stuff to help CIG out.

Yes, this as well. Apparently nothing can move you if you are emoting. Even if you are doing it on a ship that is trying to take off, or exploding.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

D1E posted:

LOL is this thread still the same two retards just going back and forth?

Well there's no game to discuss so...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Angels Fall First

This is only barely related, but what restaurants call Chilean Sea Bass is actually known as the Patagonian Toothfish and is ugly as poo poo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

you can't be responsible for your own decisions? you can't man up and see your commitment through?

here's a protip - unless you actually want to be taken for a fool, don't read a word derek writes.

He has returned! :krakken:

MoMA and Lazrin in the same day, we have been truly blessed! If Karl were to show up it would mark the End of Days.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

He has returned! :krakken:

MoMA and Lazrin in the same day, we have been truly blessed! If Karl were to show up it would mark the End of Days.

I'd say it would be even better if Fuzzy showed up but uh... he's a bit tied up at the moment.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So far so good

Everything normal nothing to see here

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

So far so good

Everything normal nothing to see here

loving lmao holy poo poo pgabz thank you for taking the bullets meant for all of us

MC68000
Dec 7, 2016

Old school..

XK posted:

$40 missiles, don't forget those.

https://i.imgur.com/UG7z54e.mp4

Yes, this as well. Apparently nothing can move you if you are emoting. Even if you are doing it on a ship that is trying to take off, or exploding.

I've tuned out of the thread for a bit but... what is this garbage?

Early missile cruisers experimented with overcomplicated, expensive reloading systems until they realized they can just do a vertical launch straight from the magazine with less fuss and maintenance issues. That's today.

So in the future.. they are.. .. you know what.. this is the tech demo with the space enlisted guy mopping 700-900 years in the future so so never mind... :doh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

loving lmao holy poo poo pgabz thank you for taking the bullets meant for all of us

o8

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MC68000 posted:

I've tuned out of the thread for a bit but... what is this garbage?

Early missile cruisers experimented with overcomplicated, expensive reloading systems until they realized they can just do a vertical launch straight from the magazine with less fuss and maintenance issues. That's today.

So in the future.. they are.. .. you know what.. this is the tech demo with the space enlisted guy mopping 700-900 years in the future so so never mind... :doh:

Those missiles are literally $40 a piece.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Going well so far no hiccups or crashes or anything out of the ordinary at all

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

holy loving poo poo lmao I'm so glad I uninstalled this garbage

XK
Jul 9, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Looks good. Move the delta patcher back to the end of the development queue.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I straight up wouldn't be surprised if they hid some loving crazy activity monitoring spyware in that poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Not if they are infinite :v:

All the worse if you are a newborn cod.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

XK posted:

it's more funny to think this, but I don't think it's true

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

holy loving poo poo lmao I'm so glad I uninstalled this garbage

Public service announcement: Even if you've uninstalled this garbage, it doesn't actually delete anything. You have to manually delete the install folder.

I'm sure you know this already, Beet, but just for our new inductees.

starkebn posted:

it's more funny to think this, but I don't think it's true

Missiles are 40,000 credits, and credits are $1 per thousand. So...

Somebody find the shop page.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Public service announcement: Even if you've uninstalled this garbage, it doesn't actually delete anything. You have to manually delete the install folder.

I'm sure you know this already, Beet, but just for our new inductees.

Oh yeah good call. We should probably put that in the OP, assuming anyone reads that poo poo any more.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/9cqWa9I.mp4

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:psyduck:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

XK posted:

That can't be right.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Tln-Stalker/Talon-Stalker-V-TL-CS

Oh.

Well maybe it's for access to the missiles and not a 4 pack like it kinda looks like, or maybe you can use "alpha UEC"? Thankfully the website is very unclear.

edit: the $70 ones seem to be 2 packs... so maybe $35 per missile?

MilesK fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 14, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Oh, yeah, there you go. I thought I remembered $40 missiles as being the cheap ones.

$70 missiles!

70!

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Also, there is apparently a Star Citizen novella.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Star-Citizen-Novella

quote:

An all-new adventure in the Star Citizen universe from Dave Haddock, author of the Time Capsule and the Spectrum Dispatches.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

fuuuuuuuuuck

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I don't even know what, I mean, I can't

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmao what the gently caress CIG

XK
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

Disclaimer

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The funding generated by sales such as this is what allows us to include deeper, non-combat oriented features in the Star Citizen world. Concept ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches. Additionally, please note that all decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world.

I got to be an early buyer to get that custom flare.

ooohhhhh

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lazrin posted:

witness the depth of the desperation of a stunted goon for whom star citizen just *can't* work out... his life is validated only upon it's failure.

pathetic

you've seen the gdc page, right?

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/gdc2017/

you've seen the oversized area star citizen had at the lumberyard booth at gdc, right?

I'm glad ur family is dead Lazrin

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MilesK posted:

Well maybe it's for access to the missiles and not a 4 pack like it kinda looks like, or maybe you can use "alpha UEC"? Thankfully the website is very unclear.

edit: the $70 ones seem to be 2 packs... so maybe $35 per missile?

4 packs, or even 2 packs, those seem like great deals. Disregard my concern. I was mistaken.

Back in Super Metroid, when I'd walk over a 10 pack of missiles just for killing an enemy, man, I was really ripping Nintendo off like crazy. I must've done that hundreds of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
which part of those store screenshots indicates it's per missile?