Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SpaceClown posted:

I'll just have to suck some dick for cash to get my weed fix.

Not me; at least not for weed.

Only for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

It's hard not smoking weed when I have like 200 dollars worth in the house

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Twat McTwatterson posted:

yeah its amazing, just cuz marijuana is legal in your state dont mean you cant be fired... so i guess you cant smoke pot

gently caress the Police insurance company.

500 good dogs posted:

:same:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

make one super potent edible and get so stoned you think ur a glass of orange juice

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tolkien minority posted:

make one super potent edible and get so stoned you think ur a glass of orange juice

Eh, we can do more stoned.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

i hate to break it to you but youve been sold salvia instead of weed

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Eat acid 1x per week for like 6 months straight and the desire to do other drugs will leave you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skeemon posted:

Eat acid 1x per week for like 6 months straight and the desire to do other drugs will leave you.

Do you Mod TCC?

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Doing drugs, drinking, it's all good. That one guy hung out with his family who were drinking and he only had diet soda. That's rude, rude to your family and also just wrong. He wanted a beer, that was a stand in for beer. Hell come around the craving never leaves nothing will be right until he tastes beer again. And that's okay, and good actually.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

skeemon posted:

Please dont do this

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceClown posted:

Please dont do this

I'm doing it right now gonna melt down about it!?!?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

I'm doing it right now gonna melt down about it!?!?

No but I'll worry about u and hope u stay safe :ohdear:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this guy pretty much ruins every thread. i can admire that.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

TheSpamalope posted:

Doing drugs, drinking, it's all good. That one guy hung out with his family who were drinking and he only had diet soda. That's rude, rude to your family and also just wrong. He wanted a beer, that was a stand in for beer. Hell come around the craving never leaves nothing will be right until he tastes beer again. And that's okay, and good actually.

Now that's just evil.

Pennywise, have a look at the recovery thread and feel free to join in. I'm more of a lurker than a poster there, but I've found it to be a great source of wisdom and support for any type of chemical addiction.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King Possum III posted:

Now that's just evil.

Pennywise, have a look at the recovery thread and feel free to join in. I'm more of a lurker than a poster there, but I've found it to be a great source of wisdom and support for any type of chemical addiction.

where is that at?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

dad gay. so what posted:

where is that at?

DGSW, a smart guy like you knows the addiction/recovery megathread is easy to find.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King Possum III posted:

DGSW, a smart guy like you knows the addiction/recovery megathread is easy to find.

never heard of it

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
The oval office club

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nonviolent J posted:

The oval office club

Sounds like a mass-market chastity belt.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

King Possum III posted:

Now that's just evil.

Is that in the Goon Doctor or TCC?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

no one knows fuckface

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

no one knows fuckface

Found it. It's in TCC facefuck.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It's in TCC. I've looked in on it in the past, but can't remember if I ever posted anything. It is fairly AA-centric if memory serves.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
some people tell me "i just don't get why you would drink alone"

what the gently caress is wrong with those people

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ Those people thing they are "normal" lol....... oh :(

In the weight loss thread some people started posting weekly goals. I'm on board with that and since it's health related, one good goal is to not drink beer.

Last night I decided to have a single daily goal. Even if it's something benign. I have a decently sized library that I've probably read 1/4 of so last night I just said I'd spend time reading. I usually read at night just before I go to sleep so I never get far before I pass out. I'm going to try day reading today! There isn't much use going outside today though since we got like a foot of snow last night. I did my driveway yesterday after the first snow and now there is still more than 6" on it so I'll have to do that again shortly.

Then again... there is a nice place out in the county that has good trails for snowshoeing. I just happen to have some snowshoes. I'll call them now and see what's up.

edit: nm, my niece is an Irish dancer so I'm going to see her tonight

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 14, 2017

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

^^^ Those people thing they are "normal" lol....... oh :(

In the weight loss thread some people started posting weekly goals. I'm on board with that and since it's health related, one good goal is to not drink beer.

Last night I decided to have a single daily goal. Even if it's something benign. I have a decently sized library that I've probably read 1/4 of so last night I just said I'd spend time reading. I usually read at night just before I go to sleep so I never get far before I pass out. I'm going to try day reading today! There isn't much use going outside today though since we got like a foot of snow last night. I did my driveway yesterday after the first snow and now there is still more than 6" on it so I'll have to do that again shortly.

Then again... there is a nice place out in the county that has good trails for snowshoeing. I just happen to have some snowshoes. I'll call them now and see what's up.

edit: nm, my niece is an Irish dancer so I'm going to see her tonight

you should read the blue book you might learn something, fucko!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

you should read the blue book you might learn something, fucko!

No thanks.

wtf happened to your avatar? Every time I see fat spurdo, I think of you.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

No thanks.

wtf happened to your avatar? Every time I see fat spurdo, I think of you.

some dickhead ruined it. probably that spacedclowm guy. he sucks.

you should read it. especially the part about the spiritual experience . you need one reeeeal bad. you reek of it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

some dickhead ruined it. probably that spacedclowm guy. he sucks.

you should read it. especially the part about the spiritual experience . you need one reeeeal bad. you reek of it.

Well that sucks. I'm 100% sure you deserved it though.

Stop trying to suck me into your cult you evil temptress.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Last night I decided to have a single daily goal.

Set small, realistic goals for yourself and don't aim for something impossibly overambitious. Otherwise, you set yourself up for failure and disappointment. You might even lose what you've already achieved.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oooooor you could surrender to a power greater than yourself since you obviously have no control if you have to create these hoops to jump through in your mind that will inevitably lead to failure

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
The greater power also created beer for you. I'm not sure it's trustworthy

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I guess if you deny yourself beer your denying your maker. Crazy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

dad gay. so what posted:

oooooor you could surrender to a power greater than yourself since you obviously have no control if you have to create these hoops to jump through in your mind that will inevitably lead to failure

Why don't you ask this higher power to let you drink in moderation?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

Why don't you ask this higher power to let you drink in moderation?

it turns out i have an allergy . its science. look it up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmbo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

quote:

The theory now says that alcoholics have an allergic reaction to alcohol in which their body creates toxins which decrease inhibition and cause irresistible cravings for alcohol. This theory is the basis for the claim that moderation is impossible, and it has been applied to drugs other than alcohol as well. But as you’ll see, it falls apart when psychological studies show that alcoholics who supposedly have this allergy which leads to loss of control over drinking don’t lose control of their drinking when they don’t know they’re drinking alcohol!

good loving pseudoscience rear end in a top hat, next time tell people to stop vaccinating their kids

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

it turns out i have an allergy . its science. look it up

The reward pathway is paved with good intentions

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

take a loving benadryl or something lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU