Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rumble is roiding, he's just

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-gyhZVvx0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Chichevache posted:

I would like to see Rumble on PEDs. :stonk:

You have

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The only appropriate retirement fight for Vitor is to give him all the steroids he wants and let him fight Fedor

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The only appropriate retirement fight for Vitor is to give him all the steroids he wants and let him fight Fedor

I would watch the poo poo out of that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

that's what i was thinking earlier but fedor already ducked him once

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That fight would be so good. Bellator please

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Foul Fowl posted:

well i guess anderson was roiding too probably. but it's still insanely cool that he destroyed perfect vitor.

I thought Vitor went on TRT after getting face kicked by Anderson?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

eric posted:

I thought Vitor went on TRT after getting face kicked by Anderson?

yeah it was after. but vitor was still juicing back during the Anderson Silva fight and every other fight up until Jacare or maybe the 3rd Hendo match. He's always been on something

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wouldn't surprise me.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Decades posted:

We already got to see mutant Vitor fight Rockhold, Bisping, Jones and Rumble. Unless you mean those guys would also be allowed to roid freely too. That I would watch.

well bader firstly for obvious reasons. also yoel. and jon jones again

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I just caught up to the weekend of fights. Kelvin's striking has come a long way but the thing that has consistently impressed me since TUF is how good his instincts are. He sees opportunities and takes advantage of them so fast (remember how he finished Ellenberger?), and he has such a great eye for when to pour it on and go for the finish.

Also speaking of his striking, I was trying to think of another southpaw fighter who uses the jab like he does. I think most lefties concentrate on handfighting and looking for the left cross. Nate Diaz jabs a lot, but he's mostly just touching guys with it, keeping them on the outside and setting up for a stiff 1-2. It's unusual to see an MMA fighter with a jab that seems as powerful as Kelvin's, and even more unusual to see that from a southpaw.

e: I mean in this case Vitor is also left-handed but Kelvin lights guys up with his jab in all his fights

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 13, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Agreed. I also have a vague feeling that Kelvins bouts with Taqueria Hypnosis Disorder may have kept him from getting a title shot too soon, and if he's a good boy he might hit his chance at just the right time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I just caught up to the weekend of fights. Kelvin's striking has come a long way but the thing that has consistently impressed me since TUF is how good his instincts are. He sees opportunities and takes advantage of them so fast (remember how he finished Ellenberger?), and he has such a great eye for when to pour it on and go for the finish.

Also speaking of his striking, I was trying to think of another southpaw fighter who uses the jab like he does. I think most lefties concentrate on handfighting and looking for the left cross. Nate Diaz jabs a lot, but he's mostly just touching guys with it, keeping them on the outside and setting up for a stiff 1-2. It's unusual to see an MMA fighter with a jab that seems as powerful as Kelvin's, and even more unusual to see that from a southpaw.

e: I mean in this case Vitor is also left-handed but Kelvin lights guys up with his jab in all his fights

i've known a few guys who are orthodox to fight southpaw specifically for a powerful jab and hook. you can train up a competent cross with your non-dominant hand fairly quickly and having a naturally powerful lead hand is very beneficial.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

I would like to see Rumble on PEDs. :stonk:

Isn't moonface and steroid jaw a thing? Usually Rumble has inwards cheeks, but in the Gus fight he looked like Dizzy Gillespie. Now after USADA, he looks like his old tale of the tape pics again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

evobatman posted:

Isn't moonface and steroid jaw a thing? Usually Rumble has inwards cheeks, but in the Gus fight he looked like Dizzy Gillespie. Now after USADA, he looks like his old tale of the tape pics again.

Anything that messes with your fluid retention and cortisol can do that.

But never underestimate Rumble's ability to be a plain and simple fat piece of poo poo.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

i've known a few guys who are orthodox to fight southpaw specifically for a powerful jab and hook. you can train up a competent cross with your non-dominant hand fairly quickly and having a naturally powerful lead hand is very beneficial.

Anderson was right-handed and fought southpaw for this reason, right?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Joe Riggs did as well

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the impenetrable human fortress semmy schilt did too, which loving sucked for everyone else because his jab had a longer range than most missles

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
whoops i misremembered, he's actually a southpaw trained to fight orthodox

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Triticum Guzzler posted:

whoops i misremembered, he's actually a southpaw trained to fight orthodox

This seems more common. De La Hoya and Cotto were both notable lefties who fought orthodox.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Lots of karate guys fight strong hand lead

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yoel is unhappy with title picture at 185, wants a meaningless belt to muddy it up more

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You can see the exact path of strength that shoots form his back leg to Barboza's face. Owns.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I knew Anderson couldn't keep up his mystique forever but it's loving sad to see so many guys asking for him now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Kelvin in particular should be ashamed for asking for a 1-6 dude who just had a close one with Derek Brunson, especially after he just ate up another 1-5 Brazilian who's name is writing checks his post USADA rear end can't cash.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kelvin in particular should be ashamed for asking for a 1-6 dude who just had a close one with Derek Brunson, especially after he just ate up another 1-5 Brazilian who's name is writing checks his post USADA rear end can't cash.

3 posts above yours is the number one contender pissed off about everything at mw. If you're a fat ww nowhere near the title,you fight big name, low danger guys until a lane clears for a run.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Anderson is one of my main men, but Chael was Gastelum's coach and is taking a page directly from his coaches' playbook. "Shoot for the title or shoot for the easiest, highest paying fight possible."

That "Legend's rear end Whoopin' Tour" Gastelum mentioned was lifted directly from Chael in a cool way.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
These are good points and I withdraw my request for shame

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm starting to think interim titles are actually a valid thing. With the way the UFC is just ignoring rankings to sell fights, having 2 interim champions kinda means you can't not have a title unification bout.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

JaySB posted:

I'm starting to think interim titles are actually a valid thing. With the way the UFC is just ignoring rankings to sell fights, having 2 interim champions kinda means you can't not have a title unification bout.

interim champions are capped at one per division. You can't have interim vs interim unless its guys from different divisions meeting at a catchweight or something.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

JaySB posted:

They would find a way

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Lets not think Uncle Dana is going to hold to something as outlandish as tradition or standards if he sees a way to make money.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Trast posted:

Lets not think Uncle Dana is going to hold to something as outlandish as tradition or standards if he sees a way to make money.

He is going to be on Conan O'brian (who is now a micro owner of the UFC) to announce something on the 15th

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Beating Silva is still impressive. It's not like his recent losses have been against nobodies. I don't blame Gastelum for wanting the fight even if I'd rather see him face someone also climbing up to a belt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

honestly i don't have a problem with interim belts. it's become the ufc's way of saying 'look, i know the next guy to fight for the title isn't the first guy in line, but we PROMISE that the next fight will be legit'.

it's two birds one stone, ufc gets their vanity money fight and the championship in that division becomes very-much-disputed so they have to unify asap

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Captain Log posted:

Anderson is one of my main men, but Chael was Gastelum's coach and is taking a page directly from his coaches' playbook. "Shoot for the title or shoot for the easiest, highest paying fight possible."

That "Legend's rear end Whoopin' Tour" Gastelum mentioned was lifted directly from Chael in a cool way.

Gastelum is probably my favorite fighter, so I'm 100% behind him killing all our heroes before retiring Michael Bisping.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trast posted:

In this case, enforcing the rule (which he's never deviated from) that interim = champion's next MMA fight in his division works in Dana's favor, so there's no issue there.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Remember when Rockhold, jacare, Romero, and Weidman meant 2-3 years of all time classic fights ahead of us in a couture-ortiz-liddell esque golden age for MW

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bundt Cake posted:

Remember when Rockhold, jacare, Romero, and Weidman meant 2-3 years of all time classic fights ahead of us in a couture-ortiz-liddell esque golden age for MW

Bisping hosed everything up. There's no way in hell Rockhold fights Hendo. Maybe they work in a vanity Silva fight somewhere in there, but a real contender would likely have contested it by now, and I don't think GSP would have wanted to fight the other guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Rigel posted:

Bisping hosed everything up. There's no way in hell Rockhold fights Hendo. Maybe they work in a vanity Silva fight somewhere in there, but a real contender would likely have contested it by now, and I don't think GSP would have wanted to fight the other guys.

I blame Rockhold cuz he was so cocky.

• Locked thread