Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CJA in the third

Goddamnit you dense motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

CJA in the third

Goddamnit you dense motherfuckers

He doesn't even have the Kubiak Offense that made so many people hyped in the first place. Why is this guy still a thing?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In my dynasty leagues, I am hoping that I can get people to trade Booker and Perkins cheapo contracts because I like this year's rookie RBS much better and have no roster space.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

He doesn't even have the Kubiak Offense that made so many people hyped in the first place. Why is this guy still a thing?

Because fantasy football is dumb and people are sheep.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a consensus "Best Dynasty League Rules" that most goons agree on?

Me and my friends have been in the same fantasy league for 10 years running, and we finally want to convert to a dynasty league.

Where is the best place to start? I want to make sure I have all the rules in writing and as much as possible covered so we wont be adding rules constantly and arguing over details.

I know someone posted an in-depth list of dynasty rules ITT this year, but I can't find it.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Practice squads and all the extra stuff that comes with dynasty leagues interests me so I'll take any info possible.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'll try and make an effort post later today on some of the nuances, but I highly recommend you just start fresh with a new startup draft this offseason. The rules you've been using for keepers will probably not translate well to dynasty.

I posted some startup draft tips sometime last year, and some standard bylaws that I can dig up and share if it's helpful. Are you going to be the commish?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

I'll try and make an effort post later today on some of the nuances, but I highly recommend you just start fresh with a new startup draft this offseason. The rules you've been using for keepers will probably not translate well to dynasty.

I posted some startup draft tips sometime last year, and some standard bylaws that I can dig up and share if it's helpful. Are you going to be the commish?

Yes, I will be the commish. We are going to start fresh, so no problems there. It was probably your posts that I was referring to, so if you could dig them up that would be great!

Thank you.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Yes, I will be the commish. We are going to start fresh, so no problems there. It was probably your posts that I was referring to, so if you could dig them up that would be great!

Thank you.

Was it that post that had sub rules within sub rules? If someone could link that, it would be great. I am working on modifying our dynasty rules and that was a great reference point.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I think you're referring to the I Paid What for Who? league.
The league's rules are Here.

One player backed out, so come to our thread and join!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=43&perpage=40

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Zack posted:

I think you're referring to the I Paid What for Who? league.
The league's rules are Here.

One player backed out, so come to our thread and join!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=43&perpage=40

It is what I meant. Thanks, those are awesome.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack beat me to it but yup, I mostly wrote/maintain those rules. We're having some discussion about rules changes this year but it won't be anything major.

In terms of being very long and very detailed, I recommend it especially for a money dynasty league, in that I think it's best to avoid arguments and hard feelings and issues that could last for years if they're not ironed out in advance. If you do nothing else, clearly and unambiguously lay out your rules for handling rule disputes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Bmarsh is a Giant and if you believe he's an every other year player (I do) he's probably going to be pretty good next season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Matt Zerella posted:

Bmarsh is a Giant and if you believe he's an every other year player (I do) he's probably going to be pretty good next season.

Well he'll have a competent QB at the very least.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Matt Zerella posted:

I think the Giants oline situation is worth monitoring. If they can give Eli a decent run game and some time in the pocket, the Giants could be an interesting fantasy offense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Well he'll have a competent QB at the very least.

*Throws ball directly into linebackers chest*

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

BMarsh gonna end up being mostly a decoy for OBJ and he's gonna be mad about it and not play well anyway

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Torrey Smith is an Eagle. :lol:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Matt Zerella posted:

THIS IS HIS YEAR*

*no it isnt and shame on me for 2016

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Matt Zerella posted:

just saw Alshon Jeffery is leaning towards the Eagles too.. did they cut Agholor yet? lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hopkins is gonna bounce back now that Osweiler is gone. Might be some value there if his draft stock doesn't get too high.

Dixon is suspended for four games so Woodhead should be a good pickup until he gets hurt again. Solid value opportunity.

Wentz2Jeffery doesn't have much of a ring to it but I'd expect Alshon to become an easy 2nd rounder now.

I don't DJax being much different. He's still a boom/bust player with an injury risk. Might be great for Evans though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hopkins is gonna bounce back now that Osweiler is gone. Might be some value there if his draft stock doesn't get too high.

Dixon is suspended for four games so Woodhead should be a good pickup until he gets hurt again. Solid value opportunity.

Wentz2Jeffery doesn't have much of a ring to it but I'd expect Alshon to become an easy 2nd rounder now.

I don't DJax being much different. He's still a boom/bust player with an injury risk. Might be great for Evans though.

The Woodhead signing makes a lot more sense now.

I just traded Jordan Matthews for Will Fuller and Jonathan Stewart earlier in the offseason and I am feeling a lot better about that move.

Jeffery will be interesting. I think his value will rise or fall based on training camp. Low second / early third feels about right and I can't imagine it going much higher with all the receivers ahead of him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/839949141807517698

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress Brock forever for tanking Nuk. Good riddance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks are courting Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray, so you might want to sell high on Rawls when you get the chance.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

THIS IS HIS YEAR*

*no it isnt and shame on me for 2016

You're drafting the wrong Eagles receiver.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

You're drafting the wrong Eagles receiver.

Those two articles taught me a lesson in swinging for the fences, title-wise.

It's what happens when you read your 500th Vance McDonald hype piece and devolve into a hot take machine.

At least Steve Smith didn't find out and scream at me on Twitter like he did Denny Carter.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Those two articles taught me a lesson in swinging for the fences, title-wise.

It's what happens when you read your 500th Vance McDonald hype piece and devolve into a hot take machine.

At least Steve Smith didn't find out and scream at me on Twitter like he did Denny Carter.

You convinced me.

I was going to post here that I was likely to draft Torrey right around the Kicker/Defense rounds, but I'm not sure. Somehow I know months in advance that I'm going to wind up with a late round Jordan Matthews.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I plan on telling everyone who will listen that Alshon just made Jordan Matthews a great sleeper pick for next year, because defenses won't be able to key in on him.

They weren't keying in on him because he is bad at football

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Are you saying Jordan Matthews' ADP is dropping

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Are you saying Jordan Matthews' ADP is dropping

No, it is definitely on the upswing. With Wentz having a full offseason to get comfortable with the system and a bona-fide #1 receiving threat that will require coverage be rolled his way, Jordan Matthews is going to feast. :D

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

A guy in my dynasty league has Lacy on the trade block--my RBs are (essentially) Forte, Lamar Miller, CJ Procise, and Kenneth Dixon. Would I be an idiot to offer my second round (15th overall, 10 man league) rookie pick for Lacy? I'm pretty sure he'll accept that, he might have even taken a third but I'm a little too chatty.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eddie Lacy is said to have been weighed at 267 pounds by one of the teams he visited. I would not be scrambling to grab him just yet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

When Eddie Lacy fills a hole in your roster, he fills the whole of your roster

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Butter Hole posted:

A guy in my dynasty league has Lacy on the trade block--my RBs are (essentially) Forte, Lamar Miller, CJ Procise, and Kenneth Dixon. Would I be an idiot to offer my second round (15th overall, 10 man league) rookie pick for Lacy? I'm pretty sure he'll accept that, he might have even taken a third but I'm a little too chatty.

Eddie Lacy went from a roster with a pretty good offensive line and had marginal success. He is now on a Seahawks team with an offensive line comprised mostly of defensive line washouts. That does not bode well.

Now consider your draft pick. The fifteenth pick this year might net you a pretty sweet running back. This draft is loaded at RB and TE. This offseason is not the time to be trading picks for older, questionable running backs.

So unless your leagues scoring bonuses are based on how many buffets your players hit before gameday or it has finally become legal for helmets to have cheeseburgers dangling from a stick, you should not be giving up anything of value for Eddie Lacy.

because he's fat

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Eddie Lacy went from a roster with a pretty good offensive line and had marginal success. He is now on a Seahawks team with an offensive line comprised mostly of defensive line washouts. That does not bode well.

Now consider your draft pick. The fifteenth pick this year might net you a pretty sweet running back. This draft is loaded at RB and TE. This offseason is not the time to be trading picks for older, questionable running backs.

So unless your leagues scoring bonuses are based on how many buffets your players hit before gameday or it has finally become legal for helmets to have cheeseburgers dangling from a stick, you should not be giving up anything of value for Eddie Lacy.

because he's fat

OTOH if someone thinks that the Seahawks are still the same as when they were in the Marshawn Lynch era then by all means take whatever you can get.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OTOH if someone thinks that the Seahawks are still the same as when they were in the Marshawn Lynch era then by all means take whatever you can get.

Are you on the Feast Mode hype train? :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Are you on the Feast Mode hype train? :)

Boom. Even has a catchy name.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Boom. Even has a catchy name.

I believe Spoeank coined it, but that won't stop me from shamelessly using it from here on out.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
If someone had asked how I felt 2 months ago about my top dynasty league RBs being Rawls, Shady, Latavius and Paul Perkins I would have said pretty good and now I'm just waiting for news about NYG signing AP and Shady tearing his ACL golfing or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

If someone had asked how I felt 2 months ago about my top dynasty league RBs being Rawls, Shady, Latavius and Paul Perkins I would have said pretty good and now I'm just waiting for news about NYG signing AP and Shady tearing his ACL golfing or some poo poo

You should still feel fine, outside of Latavius. Rawls has a good chance of being the guy. Lacy's track record doesn't inspire confidence. Perkins showed flashes last season.

I mean, I would still try to upgrade and get younger at RB, but to give you some perspective, my dynasty running backs are Dion Lewis, Danny Woodhead, Kapri Bibbs, Benny Cunningham, Alex Collins, Andre Ellington, Kenneth Farrow and Fozzy Whittaker.

• Locked thread