Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm high on ambien right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Me, I'm just high... on life. Really makes you think, doesn't it.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
People who sit on machines between sets and don't move should be sent to camps. ill take my answer off the air thanks

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Probably Magic posted:

It does make me wonder how you survive the Titans every year, yes.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Thaddius the Large posted:

It does make me wonder how you survive the Titans every year, yes.

Hiyooooo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

What do we think about Nick choosing Vanessa over Raven?

no idea what any of this means

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
High on Fire is a good band

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

The Bachelor (I think)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

would someone high on life be hand-crafting shrimp and scallion dumplings for his evening meal?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

would someone high on life be hand-crafting shrimp and scallion dumplings for his evening meal?

Lmfao 😂😂😂

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah tbh I've never thought less of anyone at the gym. I always think "eh we all start somewhere"

Unless youre texting and taking like 5 minute rests between sets on a bench i need. Then im probably thinking of murder.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Wow you can make the effort to make yourself dinner

This but unironically.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

:rolleyes: Ummmmm the bachelor

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I spent three hours driving to sebastopol and back in order to buy a used table saw tonight

It was worth it, though. It's a Delta 36-451 with a Biesemeyer fence in good condition for $150 and he threw in some dado blades for free as an apology for not having the (easily replaceable) blade guards any more.

I'm gonna get high on sawdust and varnish

my workshop is my gym

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BlindSite posted:

Yeah tbh I've never thought less of anyone at the gym. I always think "eh we all start somewhere"

Unless youre texting and taking like 5 minute rests between sets on a bench i need. Then im probably thinking of murder.
Same, but for someone half-assing it on the abductor machine for like 20 minutes while browsing Instagram.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I spent three hours driving to sebastopol and back in order to buy a used table saw tonight

It was worth it, though. It's a Delta 36-451 with a Biesemeyer fence in good condition for $150 and he threw in some dado blades for free as an apology for not having the (easily replaceable) blade guards any more.

my workshop is my gym

That's awesome! I've decided to start getting into woodworking lately. I'm carving a spoon! :downswords:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

my workshop is my gym

Awesome, woodworking is wonderful.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I can only make bird houses. :smith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I've got a turntable that the motor is all hosed up on. That's my current project

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im really into drinking beers, procrastination and masturbation atm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

:rolleyes: Ummmmm the bachelor

sorry I only watch football 24-7

today I am rewatching every round of the 1996 NFL draft

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Planet Fitness has its own little niche market of people.

It's for like old ladies and middle class women and people who wanna do cardio.

Golds is for men who want to kill you and pick up cars or some poo poo.

Both Gyms are good, different strokes for different folks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leperflesh posted:

my workshop is my gym
You live in Ukraine Russia?!?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I've tried looking for a new gym but I have yet to see one with online reviews above 1.5/5 stars. Probably people angry they couldn't get out of their contract

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

my workshop is my gym
I'll always be a city boy but am insanely jealous of country boy hobbies.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

When my lease ends end of May I'll never live in a city again and I cannot wait. And yeah woodworking is sweet. Be careful on the tablesaw my guy!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My work gym is basically a giant student gym, complete with various classes you can take, sauna, hot tubs, private showers etc. I don't think I could ever do anything else.

If I had to, I would join a Mom and Pop gym like the one my step dad goes too. You don't have the pushy sales tactics of chain gyms and its overall friendlier.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Get wrecked son

https://twitter.com/daringantt/status/841655164792647681

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

When my lease ends end of May I'll never live in a city again and I cannot wait. And yeah woodworking is sweet. Be careful on the tablesaw my guy!
What do you have against city living?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I can't go to the gym today because of a foot of snow, so instead I will drink the finest wine...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I can't go to the gym today because of a foot of snow, so instead I will drink the finest wine...

This but hobo wine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

What do you have against city living?

It owns

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blitz7x posted:

I've tried looking for a new gym but I have yet to see one with online reviews above 1.5/5 stars. Probably people angry they couldn't get out of their contract

Anytime Fitness owns. Small, but not stuck up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to LA Fitness for awhile. Pretty chill, and most weight racks were usually available. The only issue is about once every 6 months, one of the personal trainers would give me a free workout, then try to sell me on one of their personal training programs. Sorry, I'm not paying $150 a month for 5 half hour training sessions. Thanks for the workout, though!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

186 posted:

Anytime Fitness owns. Small, but not stuck up.

I go to an Anytime and it's solid, except for one of the staff who wanders around without a shirt and has to be on some kind of uppers. so loving annoying

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I work at a local community center gym and it's pretty nice and comparable to LA Fitness despite being a non profit. It's chill for a gym except The of occasional douche canoe who keeps dropping our weights trying to be cool

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a patagonian cavy posted:

I go to an Anytime and it's solid, except for one of the staff who wanders around without a shirt and has to be on some kind of uppers. so loving annoying

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah? Uhhhh no one should be wandering around the gym shirtless

:lol:

• Locked thread