Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

GunnerJ posted:

Depends. What are the shipping names?

Saint and Star, Historical Fiction, and The Heart Makes Its Own Laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

clearly her new power is to duplicate (quadruplicate?) herself

SexyBlindfold posted:

e: Lore text suggests Allison will soon have to pick a favorite girlfriend. Will she pick Math Girlfriend, Fanfic Girlfriend or Hall Monitor Girlfriend?

Cio or bust :colbert:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

True Royalty does not have to choose.

Kiss Six Billion Ladies

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'd like to say that this is the pride that goeth before a fall but Allison is being such a dumbass right now that if she becomes sufficiently furious she will be unstoppable.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Nobody ever said Aesma was happy, but drat if she didn't kick a lot of rear end.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Tenebrais posted:

Kiss Six Billion Ladies

emptyquote

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tenebrais posted:

Kiss Six Billion Ladies

Slaaaaaay Kisss them queeen

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Oxxidation posted:

I'd like to say that this is the pride that goeth before a fall but Allison is being such a dumbass right now that if she becomes sufficiently furious she will be unstoppable.
She's probably going to turn someone into a frog for serving them bad food and we'll have a 30 page intervention arc.

wiegieman posted:

Nobody ever said Aesma was happy, but drat if she didn't kick a lot of rear end.

I liked the idea that people put up with Aesma's poo poo because she was one of the few beings who could reliably kick the poo poo out of genuine, malevolent threats.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I liked the idea that people put up with Aesma's poo poo because she was one of the few beings who could reliably kick the poo poo out of genuine, malevolent threats.

Aesma is evil, not EVIL! I can't wait to see how her getting a dog turned out.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Darth Walrus posted:

It's slightly unfortunate for the artist that his errors only encourage more wonderfully ridiculous interpretations of the scene.
Royalty is never making mistakes, but instead making happy accidents.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

SardonicTyrant posted:

Mistakes into miracles, you could say.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I appreciate that Yisun loves Aesma the most, specifically because Aesma is Yisun's worst, dumbest, meanest child

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So Allison's ~~high on power~~

Like, literally.

This'll end well.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

She's probably going to turn someone into a frog for serving them bad food and we'll have a 30 page intervention arc.
frogs serve the best food

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

What's a bog devil meant to be

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

It is a devil from the bog. To answer your question.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

ThaumPenguin posted:

Maybe it's "pickled bog" devil, a devil which was pickled in the pickled bog

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I relish our devil-related digressions

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Archenteron posted:

I don't know which I hate more: the fact that you did that, or the fact that I can't find the first half

Are you people blind or something?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

Are you people blind or something?

Why is that blue guy talking to a corpse?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Korgan posted:

Why is that blue guy talking to a corpse?
It's about ethics in video games journalism.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when will she shoot a laser beam out of her mouth

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Operant could seriously make bank on just a bunch of those spread pages compiled into an activity book. Where's Vladok? Lost in the Multiverse!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I want to play a video game that feels like K6BD and the only one I can think of is maybe Asura's Wrath. I've never played it, but it looks like playing one of Operant's Aesma side stories

Gimme some game suggestions

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I want to play a video game that feels like K6BD and the only one I can think of is maybe Asura's Wrath. I've never played it, but it looks like playing one of Operant's Aesma side stories

Stop playing videogames, go out and punch things. Keep punching until you are President.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Stop playing videogames, go out and punch things. Keep punching until you are President.

Make sure to punch things in a mystically enlightened fashion though.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
If you just want something that's highly stylized and weird but plays by its own rules, Shadow of the Colossus.

Disgaea (spelling?) might be close, but it's a little more cartoonish and weeaboo.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

SardonicTyrant posted:

The sanctioned Act is to Paint.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

wiegieman posted:

Make sure to punch things in a mystically enlightened fashion though.

Punch people so hard their blood heats up into gas and makes them explode.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SlimGoodbody posted:

Asura's Wrath is a mediocre game, but an umatched one-of-a-kind experience, and that's actually a pretty good description of it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Ignore everything I said earlier.

The game you are looking for is God Hand. It is exactly what you are looking for. Can't believe I forgot about it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SlimGoodbody posted:

Asura's Wrath is a mediocre game and the best anime.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Who What Now posted:

Asura's Wrath is a mediocre game and the best anime.

i think there's a decent lp of it in the lp archive from a couple years back

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Geop did one not too long ago. It's good, watch it. The game is probably better watched than played anyway.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Game about a human beating up angels with literal Lucifer as your right hand man? It's gotta be El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

SlimGoodbody posted:

They're not really my thing, so I can't point you at any series entry in particular, but you could consider Devil May Cry and/or Bayonetta.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably not the type of gameplay you're looking for, but in terms of story and feel a Shin Megami Tensei game is appropriate, what with the allying with angels and devils and whatnot. Especially if you go Neutral, since those routes usually have you killing God, flipping off the devil, and making your own future for humanity.

Chaos usually gets into God-killing as well, really, and its end result is certainly what some KSBD characters would like. Or go Law if you want to be/work for 2 Michael/Solomon David basically. (Don't do either of these things, Neutral is the best.)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Probably not the type of gameplay you're looking for, but in terms of story and feel a Shin Megami Tensei game is appropriate, what with the allying with angels and devils and whatnot. Especially if you go Neutral, since those routes usually have you killing God, flipping off the devil, and making your own future for humanity.

Chaos usually gets into God-killing as well, really, and its end result is certainly what some KSBD characters would like. Or go Law if you want to be/work for 2 Michael/Solomon David basically. (Don't do either of these things, Neutral is the best.)

lol if you dont do true devil endings where you annihilate the cycle of rebirth

dragons dogma also had some pretty metal parts in the post game, what with the main objective being to muder god and steal his throne

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If you're into tabletop games, there's Exalted (which is really, REALLY mechanics-heavy) and Godbound (which is based on D&D, so if you've ever played it you've already got the basics down).

Of the two, I'd recommend Godbound because it's easier to learn and play, plus it has a free version that's feature-complete. The paid version adds more play options if you want more stuff to use in your games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
K6BD's setting in the beginning reminded me so much of the "hell" of the Exalted setting that I very initially thought it was based on someone's tabletop campaign. So rules wise it's a mess but its setting is pretty cool for hitting the right notes.