Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

It is really hard top the violins in wind waker.

Yeah tbh I really wish there was more music in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Lemming posted:

Yeah tbh I really wish there was more music in this game

same but also I like how it was used sparingly so that when it did appear it had more of an impact

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think it would completely ruin the atmosphere of the game if we had the field music DA DAHHH DA NA NA NA NAAAA blaring at all times. The music is incredibly well done in this game, the few piano notes here and there with all the ambient sounds make the game immersive as heck :3: The times when there is music, like the towns and such are always great too.

It's a different type of experience than Wind Waker, OoT etc. and I think the music (and use of it) in this game is fantastic. And I'm saying that as someone who loves the Wind Waker soundtrack to death.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It sucks that there's only one good song in the game that isn't a remix from a previous entry in the series (Kass' song).

Even that one turns out to be just the intro to a remix of the main zelda theme though

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I think it would completely ruin the atmosphere of the game if we had the field music DA DAHHH DA NA NA NA NAAAA blaring at all times. The music is incredibly well done in this game, the few piano notes here and there with all the ambient sounds make the game immersive as heck :3: The times when there is music, like the towns and such are always great too.

It's a different type of experience than Wind Waker, OoT etc. and I think the music (and use of it) in this game is fantastic. And I'm saying that as someone who loves the Wind Waker soundtrack to death.

Yeah, the music like Rito's mix of Wind Waker's and original stuff or the Zora classic music make the rest being ambient great.

I got the Master Sword today and the way it actually drains your hearts is real real cool. Getting the rest of the memories next I think.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It sucks that there's only one good song in the game that isn't a remix from a previous entry in the series (Kass' song).

Even that one turns out to be just the intro to a remix of the main zelda theme though

There are some other really great songs, like Hyrule Castle and the final boss music. I mean, Hyrule Castle has the Ballad of the Wind Fish!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your Computer posted:

I think it works really well and fits what they were trying to accomplish but I'd just personally prefer it is all

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Computer posted:

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the way they did the soundtrack in this game. There's tons of notable themes for all the key areas and places and situations, and then you get to chill out in the fields.

One thing I do miss though, as much as its just kinda OOT/MM/WW's gimmick, is having a playable instrument.

Let me get Kass' accordion!!!

I mean it is nice to just be able to warp around at will without using a song, but having to learn songs is a really fun and rewarding quirk of the game. Skip the teleportation song, but oh my god would I kill for a song of storms to turn off the rain. Then you could have a song to change the time of day (same as a campfire) and then have epona's song summon your horse no matter how far away, so you don't have to rely on stupid whistle range.

Plz nintendo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you don't drop the rock back on the Korok so it says "ouch," gently caress you.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They should add a song that makes horses not poo poo and useless.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My buddy was like "how long?" And I was like "let me check my play time"

Switch says "75 hours or more" holy gently caress what?? 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

snoremac posted:

They should add a song that makes horses not poo poo and useless.

Just let me teleport my horse to me, that's all I ask :argh:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You should do it anyway because Impa's final memory gives you a little Skyward Sword reference.

I didn't pick up on this until i hit up youtube and compared the music. this is cool. i figured the master sword's "voice" was a reference to Fi but her theme playing over that scene really nails it home that it's exactly what they mean by the sword speaking to people. i like that they decided to reference Fi directly with the music instead of just being kind of vague about it

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
So when you're fighting guardians, the M aster Sword doesn't drain at all?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's weird. her role in the gameplay is frustrating, but as a character Fi is one of my favorite ones in the entire franchise.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Carwash posted:

Only the ones with ganon's corruption, and technically no it still loses durability, the durability counter just becomes really massive. I've had the master sword break mid-divine beast fights because it magnifies any usage you did before increasing the durability.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dr. Carwash posted:

It has highly increased durability when dealing with Calamity Ganon tainted enemies. It still lose its charge, it just takes much longer.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr. Carwash posted:

any time the master sword is glowing it seems that it's durability is boosted like crazy. i had it break while glowing once but it took a lot to do it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Speaking of the Master Sword, I feel like there should've been a little boss health scaling because that thing just melts the dungeon bosses. I dunno, maybe that's the point.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait how does recalling all the memories mean im ready to fight ganon? as far as i know all ive gained to help me is knowing every molecule of zelda's stupid eyebrows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spit on my clit posted:

wait how does recalling all the memories mean im ready to fight ganon? as far as i know all ive gained to help me is knowing every molecule of zelda's stupid eyebrows

ya

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

it's weird. her role in the gameplay is frustrating, but as a character Fi is one of my favorite ones in the entire franchise.

Wasn't she just 100% beep boop condescending "master there's a 92% chance.." all the time? Maybe I completely tuned out her story because I disliked her gameplay role so much, honestly curious :v:

That said, she was no Midna.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Harrow posted:

Speaking of the Master Sword, I feel like there should've been a little boss health scaling because that thing just melts the dungeon bosses. I dunno, maybe that's the point.

Yeah I think it's kind of the point. In theory you'd go get the Master Sword last after beating all four dungeons as your final big prep for fighting Ganon, along the path to recover your memories, since the 'last' one chronologically is there where the master sword is enshrined. that way the bosses are a bit tougher and the master sword's really just used to confront Ganon himself but you can do things in any particular order so they just let you handle it how you want.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

spit on my clit posted:

Your sense of purpose is restored I guess.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

spit on my clit posted:

You're finally who you were, rather than 'random joe'. Doesn't exactly make up for the 100 year thing, but at least Link can now see the world and have his life back. Right after this one little pig-cloud.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
"Heh heh. The wind... it is blowing..."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Best horse name: Pony Danza

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm down to sub-20 shrines left, is there any in-game hint mechanism for "shrines you've missed" or is it just going to be "stumble around the areas that look like they don't have an even coating of shrines yet"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Your Computer posted:

Wasn't she just 100% beep boop condescending "master there's a 92% chance.." all the time? Maybe I completely tuned out her story because I disliked her gameplay role so much, honestly curious :v:

That said, she was no Midna.

well that's a lot of her dialogue. But I think there's something legitimately interesting about such an iconic weapon not just being a legacy item, but a friend Link is reunited with again and again, silently supporting him across generations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If anyone is missing the fourth special ability, go talk to Steen or whatever in Kakariko at night. He teaches you the basics of combat. Even though I had done the move several times, it didn't unlock in the list until he told me about it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlg43w1aK8M

its so good

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

I mean, Hyrule Castle has the Ballad of the Wind Fish!

Aha, so I wasn't imagining it. Yeah, I hear the first three notes every now and then, kinda hard to really say that it's ballad of the wind fish but close enough for me.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So I'm down to sub-20 shrines left, is there any in-game hint mechanism for "shrines you've missed" or is it just going to be "stumble around the areas that look like they don't have an even coating of shrines yet"

Other than turning on the Sheikah sensor which beeps when you're near a shrine, you're out of luck. I'm in the same boat.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Best horse name: Pony Danza

Only because Pony Poni Poné wouldnt fit

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

snoremac posted:

Other than turning on the Sheikah sensor which beeps when you're near a shrine, you're out of luck. I'm in the same boat.

At that point I'd throw in the towel and consult a guide. Finding them all manually is already a pain in the rear end at the 70+ mark, especially since a lot of them aren't visible from towers. Yeah, there's shrine quests, but still.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I managed to find 117 shrines without a guide but I had to look up the last three. They all ended up being in the Gerudo area and I missed them because they had localized puzzles or shrine quests and therefore didn't beep.

Bizarrely the one other major thing I missed was the southwestern Akkala stable, despite having found its shrine.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I really wish this game would let you discard weapons when your inventory is full and you find one in a chest or something.

That's my dumb minor gripe with this game.

e: To clarify, I mean right as you pick the weapon up, without having to dig into your menu.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BlackFrost posted:

I really wish this game would let you discard weapons when your inventory is full and you find one in a chest or something.

That's my dumb minor gripe with this game.

e: To clarify, I mean right as you pick the weapon up, without having to dig into your menu.

drat fast edit

Yeah that'd be nice

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I managed to find 117 shrines without a guide but I had to look up the last three. They all ended up being in the Gerudo area and I missed them because they had localized puzzles or shrine quests and therefore didn't beep.

Bizarrely the one other major thing I missed was the southwestern Akkala stable, despite having found its shrine.

This except the fairy near Tarrey Town, despite having sought it out in that exact area and having done the shrine that holds a commanding bird's-eye view of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
If you press Plus, you can open your inventory immediately from the pickup prompt.