Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Please give links to printer friendly Dark Heresy 2e and Deathwatch char sheets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

JcDent posted:

Please give links to printer friendly Dark Heresy 2e and Deathwatch char sheets!

Ditto if anyone knows a good cheat sheet for combat, character development and loose ends in DH2.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Question for the group: My wife and I were batting around ideas for the next Rogue Trader session I'm running for my local crew, and we came across an idea that made us both laugh hysterically - RogueCon Koronus XLVII, hosted at Port Wander by the local Administratum authorities.

Having come up with the name, we now need to come up with what kind of events, sessions, seminars, speakers, etc would take place at such an event. We got some ideas, but also wanted to pitch to the crowd to see what y'all could come up with. Thank you :) .

Tias
May 25, 2008

No soul? No problem! - on acquiring daemonhosts or blank counter-psychic operatives from churches, dungeons or black ships AND gainfully employing them under the Administratum radar!

Secession is Treason - "Temporary governorship without oversight" garnished with corrupt priests and shell-shocked Guard veterans will get you around calling it the S-word. ( Ix-nay on the ecession-say. Seriously. )

Renegade artifacts 101 - How to find heretic hideouts and liberate chaotic doomsday weapons for fun and profit :black101:

and of course..

Make it Wurk - Adopting the proppa attitude fer fixin damaged gubbinz, by Bossmek Snazzdakka.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A short list of things we will kill you for importing - Presented by a team of Arbites, reading the short list non-stop in relay. It will take them most of the conference.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

A short list of things we will kill you for importing - Presented by a team of Arbites, reading the short list non-stop in relay. It will take them most of the conference.

However it is heavily attended as rogue traders use it to make little side wagers such as which Arbites lasts the longest before passing the list, if any Arbites faints, how many new crimes were added since last year, and other interesting wagers.

You'd be surprised on the over/under for "Arbites falls asleep."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

susan posted:

Question for the group: My wife and I were batting around ideas for the next Rogue Trader session I'm running for my local crew, and we came across an idea that made us both laugh hysterically - RogueCon Koronus XLVII, hosted at Port Wander by the local Administratum authorities.

Having come up with the name, we now need to come up with what kind of events, sessions, seminars, speakers, etc would take place at such an event. We got some ideas, but also wanted to pitch to the crowd to see what y'all could come up with. Thank you :) .

Research the Player's Ball and apply it to 40k. This isn't a suggestion, this what you have to do if you want to have a good RogueCon.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

These are all fantastic ideas and I love the concept

But this...

MizPiz posted:

Research the Player's Ball and apply it to 40k. This isn't a suggestion, this what you have to do if you want to have a good RogueCon.

this is :perfect:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I took an Earthshaker round to the chest in tonight's session. I lived. I love this game so much.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:vince:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Even if decker combat is horrible in every game ever, 40K has to get techpriest hackers up in this bitch.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"Dropping beats so sick you'll think Nurgle was in the house"

:perfect:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Extra love for the "Even in death, I still serve" dreadnought.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
A follow-up to the Rogue's Ball, here's the business that the Traders will be doing during the day:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The conspicuously absent single * is part of a sub-plot, right? Please tell me it's part of a sub-plot, preferably involving inquisitorial shenanigans.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

The conspicuously absent single * is part of a sub-plot, right? Please tell me it's part of a sub-plot, preferably involving inquisitorial shenanigans.

...Yes. Yes it is.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

susan posted:

...Yes. Yes it is.

That is so amazingly 40k, I'd wish I thought of something like that. I tip my hat to you and your skills.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is it a fedora

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

susan posted:

A follow-up to the Rogue's Ball, here's the business that the Traders will be doing during the day:

No break out workshops? Who is sponsoring the different refreshment breaks?

Seriously, Wytch is really close to Wych and had me wondering about dark eldar covens.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Werix posted:

Seriously, Wytch is really close to Wych and had me wondering about dark eldar covens.

Well, first you make sure they're not just Imperial nobles on a weekend.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

No. Maybe. I'd have to check what kind of hats I actually have to be sure, but lets go with baseball cap.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Blackunknown posted:

No. Maybe. I'd have to check what kind of hats I actually have to be sure, but lets go with baseball cap.

"It's actually a trilby."

Tias
May 25, 2008

Going to twist a classic fantasy plot on my players in Dark Heresy 2E: Arriving on a feudal agri-world, they investigate people acting odd, for various reasons, before eventually realizing they are dealing with a shapeshifting species of xenos or demons. I got a lot of good advice from the GM thread, like distracting the players a lot with seemingly pointless things( baker sues a magistrate for ignoring a verbal agreement they had, and people assume the baker is a fraud because the magistratum always honours his word), and dogs dying from disease all over( they can detect the shapeshifters scent, and consequently the shifters poisoned them), things that become obvious foreshadowing in hindsight.

I'm stumped on how to stat them out, though. In their own form they're grey, ropy, spindly things that probably won't be really dangerous( I'm thinking they cause Fear 1, but have low S and T), but some of them may have retained how to take on the shape of really unpleasant hyper-bears living in the feudal wilds or whatever. Also, they may have rudimentary and defensive psyker powers.

Any ideas on how to go about it? I haven't GM'd or played DH 2 before, so I'm a bit lost on how to create opponents, apart from reskinning already existing ones. Threat level is approx. 15-25 (3 PCs, well equipped with a psyker, and they're above 1000xp now).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stat them out as regular humans with a few talents, skills, traits based on what you want them to do. like you're not going to be sharing these stats with your players, are you?

if your players fight them, will the creatures be equipped, or will they attack bare-assed and bare-handed? as opposed to bear handed.

fear 1 is possibly overkill for what is essentially a pussy tau, unless you mean the sight of shapeshifting is a fear 1 experience

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Thing type shapeshifting or something more limited?

Tias
May 25, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

stat them out as regular humans with a few talents, skills, traits based on what you want them to do. like you're not going to be sharing these stats with your players, are you?

if your players fight them, will the creatures be equipped, or will they attack bare-assed and bare-handed? as opposed to bear handed.

fear 1 is possibly overkill for what is essentially a pussy tau, unless you mean the sight of shapeshifting is a fear 1 experience

Well, they're not going to pose much of a threat apart from having Fear 1, so it scales out, don't you think? I'm saving one turning into an uber-bear for the final conflict( and maybe foreshadowing, one dude may say that the bears of old are back, which doesn't make sense since they went extinct).

goatface posted:

The Thing type shapeshifting or something more limited?

I don't know. Ideally they can switch rather quickly so as to not acquire suspicion, but perhaps they have to stay in one skin for a period of time. Maybe there's a leader caste which can shift at will, I haven't thought about it yet.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's like the shifters of XCOM 2 taken to their jelly extreme.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Since they are ropey give them high Agility, step aside, and maybe Unnatural Agility, making them hard to hit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weakness to slashing weapons and a strangulation attack.

Tias
May 25, 2008

I like the cut of your gips! :monocle:

I do feel remiss if I don't choke my players on the reg..

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If they're infiltrating the planet, couldn't they use Imperial forces against them like Genestealers do? Commanders in the Enforcers, Arbites, PDF etc could be replaced and send the normal humans unknowingly working for them against the acolytes, or work to frame the acolytes, things like that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Skellybones posted:

If they're infiltrating the planet, couldn't they use Imperial forces against them like Genestealers do? Commanders in the Enforcers, Arbites, PDF etc could be replaced and send the normal humans unknowingly working for them against the acolytes, or work to frame the acolytes, things like that.

That's a great idea. So if they are one of the groups that goes around waving their badges of office around all the time, they'll have no idea they're unwittingly tipping off the shape shifters. While if they stay low key, it will actually help them.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Usually it doesn't even take shape shifting aliens subverting the Imperium to get the law coming down on acolytes who aren't being careful. An average acolyte investigation involves mass murder, forgery, blackmail, robbery, impersonating an officer of the law, impersonating a priest, and probably a good deal of outright heresy.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Skellybones posted:

Usually it doesn't even take shape shifting aliens subverting the Imperium to get the law coming down on acolytes who aren't being careful. An average acolyte investigation involves mass murder, forgery, blackmail, robbery, impersonating an officer of the law, impersonating a priest, and probably a good deal of outright heresy.

No kidding!

Werix posted:

That's a great idea. So if they are one of the groups that goes around waving their badges of office around all the time, they'll have no idea they're unwittingly tipping off the shape shifters. While if they stay low key, it will actually help them.

I'm trying to babystep them into understanding their Sublety rating. So far we've learned "don't flash your inquisitorial seal to a bunch of passing adepts while standing next to a gurney containing the corpse you nicked from the arbites coroner", but it's progressing!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tias posted:

Well, they're not going to pose much of a threat apart from having Fear 1, so it scales out, don't you think? I'm saving one turning into an uber-bear for the final conflict( and maybe foreshadowing, one dude may say that the bears of old are back, which doesn't make sense since they went extinct).

fear is explicitly a tool to take away control from your players, and imo is not something to be thrown around on mooks because there's always the chance that someone rolls a 100 on the WP check and welp! now they get to sit out the next twenty minutes

Tias
May 25, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

fear is explicitly a tool to take away control from your players, and imo is not something to be thrown around on mooks because there's always the chance that someone rolls a 100 on the WP check and welp! now they get to sit out the next twenty minutes

They're the boss of the scenario, not mooks, but yeah, I see where you're going. Perhaps they can deploy a fear-causing mechanism when they get angry or scared, and so run away to cause more trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Tias posted:

They're the boss of the scenario, not mooks, but yeah, I see where you're going. Perhaps they can deploy a fear-causing mechanism when they get angry or scared, and so run away to cause more trouble?

You can just give them some special rule that when they reveal themselves X-Com 2 style that everyone who witnesses it has to take a willpower test or be effected, like they have to move away for a turn or something.

Hell, you could have the players have to make a pinning test, representing them going :vomarine: and running. Pinning still sucks, but it is less intrusive than Fear, and they'll get a +30 to shake the Pinning second turn so long as the creeps aren't suppressing them.