Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's weird to see Vargo go viral and it's even weirder to see the "this still isn't woke enough" sass towards it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Vargo went viral?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What is Vargo?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

He using the oppression of women to make himself famous, it's pretty gross.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's weird to see Vargo go viral and it's even weirder to see the "this still isn't woke enough" sass towards it

It was definitely an odd couple of days when I saw his face pop up on articles being shared by like coworkers and cousins and poo poo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Snak posted:

What is Vargo?

When you mansplain sexism to women.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

wyoming posted:

When you mansplain sexism to women.

Centered around a... person?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure when Vargo posted a random thing on Twitter, he did so with dollar signs in his eyes. He was just desperate for all the game and money that come with making his sure to go viral post

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I googled Vargo, and got a company that makes like, titanium camping equipment. I'm gonna assume this is a guy I don't need to worry about knowing who he is.

I guess unless I need to join some kind of protest against him. He sounds like a real douche.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Snak posted:

I googled Vargo, and got a company that makes like, titanium camping equipment. I'm gonna assume this is a guy I don't need to worry about knowing who he is.

I guess unless I need to join some kind of protest against him. He sounds like a real douche.

He used to be a mod. He posted a story on Twitter.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Assuming you actually don't know, Vargo is a former cined mod and front page reviewer that now reviews for his own site with the other former front page movie reviewers. He wrote some Twitter posts about switching emails with on if his female subordinates at work and his surprise at just how much worse it was on every concievable level beyond what even he expected

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry but im confused too: do you mean vargo the guy who posted here or some othed dude?

Edit ^^ answered

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Sorry but im confused too: do you mean vargo the guy who posted here or some othed dude?

ya its the guy who posted here

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Assuming you actually don't know, Vargo is a former cined mod and front page reviewer that now reviews for his own site with the other former front page movie reviewers. He wrote some Twitter posts about switching emails with on if his female subordinates at work and his surprise at just how much worse it was on every concievable level beyond what even he expected

Oh, I didn't know that guy was Vargo.

Those were good tweets even though there was some "lol men don't understand sexism until they experience it" there

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I'm sure when Vargo posted a random thing on Twitter, he did so with dollar signs in his eyes. He was just desperate for all the game and money that come with making his sure to go viral post

I mean not to rag on Vargo too hard because he's a cool and engaging dude who clearly means well, but having had to mute him for a week after he RTed like every single person complimenting his Pokemon Go meets Parks & Recreation tweetstorm, my conclusion here is........... yes

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo I forgot about him. Yes, I remember Vargo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It's not even about sexism, it's about him, it's his dumb mug and name going out there.

If I want to hear how it's hard to be a woman, I'd loving ask a woman, multiple even, I don't want to hear from doughy white boy playing pretend.

Though it is fun to imagine he's going to have a followup after he find the suitably "black" name. :allears:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Can someone link those tweets please? All I found is an article written by Vargo's friend.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SchneidRemarks/status/839910253680553988

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't look a third as good as early Polanski..

At least 3/5 as good.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
In youtubes news, Jonna Lee's latest project ionnalee has a super catchy first release!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWOZqsIm_0

iamamiwhoami is probably my fav. thing on the youtubes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBC8L3pG_Y

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
From a bit ago but did anyone mention that Freddy's "gently caress you" letterman's jacket is edited to say Television Version for, you guessed it, the tv version?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Since we're forever on the topic of Return of the Living Dead, Scuz is part of the pedophile ring they talk about in An Open Secret.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

OKCupid profile posted:

I am a sweet, polite, and quite demure young lady, who is looking for a male Dominant, who is a combination of both a Master and a Daddy, a sadist and preferably between the ages of 25 and 40. Uni is my top priority right now, but I hope to find a friendship that could eventually evolve into a potential 24/7, M/s, TPE, strictly monogamous, long-term dynamic/relationship where I take care of the home (i.e. cooking, cleaning) and my partner in the end. I want to live serving my partner's every desire and to live the life that he's designed for us.

Some of the fetishes that I'm interested in:
1950s household, obedience, caging/confinement, cutting, degradation, discipline, domestic servitude, humiliation, kicking, punching, bruising, micromanagement, single tail whips, tracking devices, and fear/knife/blood/kitten play.

You should NOT message me if:
You are a cheater, divorcee, drinker (unless willing to quit in the future), smoker, drug user(marijuana included), politically conservative, non-monogamous, unwilling to wait until marriage, religious, have/want children, or have a high number of past sexual partners.

quote:

90% Match
Looks like you two would get along.

:shepface:

wyoming posted:

Since we're forever on the topic of Return of the Living Dead, Scuz is part of the pedophile ring they talk about in An Open Secret.

I'm afraid of watching that doc and hearing one of my favorite character actors named.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

She sounds cool.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Lurdiak posted:

Some of the fetishes that I'm interested in:
1950s household
You should NOT message me if:
politically conservative

Getting mixed signals here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'd tell you to go for it, but catering to all those fetishes sounds like too much work.

LesterGroans posted:

That means she only likes it in a fictional/acting/sex context?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

LesterGroans posted:

It's called subversion, dummy.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

LesterGroans posted:

Sounds like she hasn't actually done any of the stuff she's fantasizing about judging by the waiting til marriage stuff, which is...unwise.

And I mean, good luck finding all those straight edge non conservative non promiscuous extreme doms who don't want kids and will wait to gently caress until marriage.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm afraid of watching that doc and hearing one of my favorite character actors named.

It's a pretty lovely doc. to be honest, and I get that they wanted to focus on one group, but completely ignoring that girls get preyed upon in Hollywood is pretty scuzzy.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

If 50s culture is her fetish then she is gonna have to accept me drinking martinis from noon till I throw her down the stairs round 9.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Glamorama26 posted:

If 50s culture is her fetish then she is gonna have to accept me drinking martinis from noon till I throw her down the stairs round 9.

That fits right in with not having kids.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

That fits right in with not having kids.

I mean, should I wait to have kids before I start all that? Just so I can scar multiple generations of course.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wyoming posted:

He using the oppression of women to make himself famous, it's pretty gross.

Man gently caress off literally everything he's said since the tweets and everything before that indicates the opposite

Also you're the one who did the equivalent of a MY BLACK FRIEND about the steaming poo poo pile known as Hamilton so maybe you should stop being the arbiter of woke, rear end in a top hat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wyoming posted:

It's not even about sexism, it's about him, it's his dumb mug and name going out there.

If I want to hear how it's hard to be a woman, I'd loving ask a woman, multiple even, I don't want to hear from doughy white boy playing pretend.

Though it is fun to imagine he's going to have a followup after he find the suitably "black" name. :allears:

Take a nap on some train tracks you insufferable poo poo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Apparently Get Out isn't coming out here until the end of April, so please keep those spoiler tags coming :shobon:

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a very misleading cover

If the tagline had been "a young man dies for his country" I would have given it a pass. Still misleading, but at least it hits harder when you watch it and find out that there was no glory to this war.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 14, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What goddamn blood ritual is turning Will Smith into James Avery?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

What goddamn blood ritual is turning Will Smith into James Avery?
Gravity.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNrHk&t=121s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

wyoming posted:

Does being a bitter contemptuous rear end in a top hat really make you happy, once the initial buzz of feeling superior has passed?

Glamorama26 posted:

From a bit ago but did anyone mention that Freddy's "gently caress you" letterman's jacket is edited to say Television Version for, you guessed it, the tv version?

That's awesome.

On 7 Psychopaths CBS (which had pre-bought US rights) freaked out that dogs were going to be killed, which is why there's a line in the film now about how you can kill people on screen but not dogs.

therattle fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread