Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spacebump posted:

OKC has that guy that makes a weird noise when people shoot free throws.

Their color guy, an ex player I never heard of, has a legit speech impediment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'm talking about the random fan you can often hear during broadcasts in the background making some kind of repeating bird noise.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The hawks are going to shoot like 60 freethrows.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mr. Mambold posted:

the term is african-american

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
rubio may get 20 assists tonight. 16 through 3 quarters so far.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Spurs are having on okay quarter but the refs are really putting in work. They've closed this game pretty quick.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

:golfclap:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

Spurs are having on okay quarter but the refs are really putting in work. They've closed this game pretty quick.

it has been a bit lopsided, for sure. and its not like the spurs aren't attacking the rim, either.

definitely having flash backs of the last hawks game when they came back to force ot and won.

let's see the spurs put this one away.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jota posted:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Kawhi looks extremely frustrated at not going to the line.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

What is it with Spurs and goaltending calls that make no god drat sense?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
big game for kat and ricky, against a real team

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is there possibly any real advantage doing to roll the ball down the court thing in any situation that isn't absolutely time critical?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Bip Roberts posted:

Is there possibly any real advantage doing to roll the ball down the court thing in any situation that isn't absolutely time critical?

There are many irrational, nearly superstitious acts that happen during a basketball game.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I've seen it happen a lot but I've never seen a goaltending call for slapping the backboard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think all the players who do the "ball roll down the court thing" are of the age that they would've seen Russell Westbrook doing it and scoring in two seconds when they were at an impressionable age. Or, a dumb AAU coach alternatively told them all to do it, either or.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jota posted:

rubio may get 20 assists tonight. 16 through 3 quarters so far.

he only got 19 assists. what a loving loser

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So is Russell injured or did he benched for being dumb yesterday?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Magic has to be dictating the lineups now because this is the stupid poo poo he did when he was a coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Fire Luke Walton so he can get a real basketball job and just let Magic bring Byron back like he wants.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"We need to take a look at Jordan Clarkson."

Then watch some loving film, he started all season last year and the year before.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

why is D'Angelo Russell not starting

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Earvin Johnson.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
loving Corey Brewer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
How does a guy like Corey Brewer stay in the league so long when everything he does is bad?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I had no idea Ron Artest was still playing

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
This is embarrassing to watch. Lakers look like they just broke mentally already too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Yeah, thats the kind of poo poo that happens when you play a lineup like this

I hope Luke is trying to send a message (anyone, Russel, Magic, even Trump, IDK) than actually thinking these lineups would work, in a serious way

Carlosologist posted:

I had no idea Ron Artest was still playing

I think this is the first time he has played since December

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Ingram hasn't been in since he picked up his second foul. These lineups are bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers really look like they hate each other. "Championship accountability" really is doing wonders for this team.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shaq with the commentary from 2010 - "there aren't many centers left in this league"

Edit shaq not Shaw fuckoff autocorrect

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 14, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaking of experiments that should be over with, Ingram at least was better at the point than when they were trying that in December.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cool glad we can go back to trying to win via "lore of Los Angeles" after learning that didn't work four years ago.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
elfrid payton might have just lost a game because he's rightfully terrified of shooting

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

elfrid payton might have just lost a game because he's rightfully terrified of shooting

He's a jordanesque 3 pt shooter!!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

Cool glad we can go back to trying to win via "lore of Los Angeles" after learning that didn't work four years ago.

Thank god the protection on the Lakers draft pick ends after this year because god drat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Thank god the protection on the Lakers draft pick ends after this year because god drat.

Well I mean you probably have a better chance of getting a good pick by the Lakers playing whoever they draft 30 minutes a night. After the Lakers trade the pick and all their young players for Paul George and Wade they'll probably win 10-20 more games than they would've done with youth (and still finish far away from the playoffs).

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Rockets Bitch?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hmm this is a lot of points in the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

7/7 from 3 in the first.

Without Kevin Love and Kyle Korver.