Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Petridish posted:

Well, looks like I'm not getting the true ending. I didn't get a choice after stage 49, and now I'm on stage 50 of the normal ending route. Not sure what I did wrong, I had over 30+ aces, never missed an SR point, and made sure the characters killed the bosses from the same series. The only thing I can think of is that I had to choose a certain route, but theres no way they would force you to take certain routes to get the true ending, would they?

So, let's keep this confirmation ball rolling: Did you use the Wave Motion Gun in the one mission you had access to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Petridish posted:

Well, looks like I'm not getting the true ending. I didn't get a choice after stage 49, and now I'm on stage 50 of the normal ending route. Not sure what I did wrong, I had over 30+ aces, never missed an SR point, and made sure the characters killed the bosses from the same series. The only thing I can think of is that I had to choose a certain route, but theres no way they would force you to take certain routes to get the true ending, would they?

I think you can miss if points in Z2, or else you need every single unified route point to make it.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I wonder if the random choices you have to make, like 'go to this briefing or not' type choices have any impact on anything. They were usually pretty random, but they have to be doing something, right? Especially since they're not like route splits, for example.

Petridish
May 25, 2008

Supremezero posted:

So, let's keep this confirmation ball rolling: Did you use the Wave Motion Gun in the one mission you had access to it?

You know what, I didn't. I forgot I even had that option on that stage. So just missing one ability on a map can screw you over for the true ending? that sucks.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Petridish posted:

You know what, I didn't. I forgot I even had that option on that stage. So just missing one ability on a map can screw you over for the true ending? that sucks.

We dont know yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Petridish posted:

was chitose/souji one of your aces?

PurplieNurplie posted:

I wonder if the random choices you have to make, like 'go to this briefing or not' type choices have any impact on anything. They were usually pretty random, but they have to be doing something, right? Especially since they're not like route splits, for example.
I figured those were just choices that let you skip the big exposition dumps on replays.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Petridish posted:

That was the only thing I missed too and I didn't get the secret ending either.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Endorph posted:

I figured those were just choices that let you skip the big exposition dumps on replays.

Yeah those choices after route splits (all of them but the triple split at stage 36/Special Stage) are just info dumps on the other routes. At least in every other game they are so I'd expect the same here.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
What were they thinking with the Nu Gundam's new Beam Saber attack? Let's make it cooler instead of a plain straight on attack but let's make it kinda jerky?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of the attacks have that jerky kinda animation. I kinda like it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess opinions are divided but one of the first things that drew me to SRW was loving smooth modular sprite animations and doing it that way goes against that idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'd be bad if it was every animation that was like that but only a few attacks, mostly on reals being like that is fine by me.

That said the CG on some of the Yamato and Cross Ange attacks is lame.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I haven't watched Cross Ange but from what I've seen maybe they're just ripped out of the anime?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They are, which is why they're lame.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, at this moment I am doubting Banpresto's commitment to having a distinctive visual style independent of the various source animes.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Endorph posted:

a lot of the attacks have that jerky kinda animation. I kinda like it.

The Beam Saber attack seems just a bit extra jerky. Like, it's the only animation that sticks out to me as a bit strange. After the attack hits, it feels like the Gundam turns around almost instantly.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And SRWV is officially finished, true ending and all.

End kill scores:
Marida - Lv 71 (248)
Souske - Lv 57 (140)
Puru 2 - Lv 64 (107)
Salamandinay - Lv 61 (105)
Ange - Lv 65 (102)

Overall, while I love the crossover stuff a lot, I don't think I enjoyed the gameplay as much as Moon Dwellers, and a lot of the route splits tended to break up a lot of the characters I used leaving me with like half a team of people I wanted. And getting the Penelope so late sucks, but once I get it, oh man, I basically soloed the last ten stages or so with Marida and still got SR points.

Of course, things'll be even better on replays since I don't have to stick characters I don't want to use in mechs just so I can get secrets like the missile unit for Xi and whatnot. Bye bye Hathaway. :byewhore:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

The Beam Saber attack seems just a bit extra jerky. Like, it's the only animation that sticks out to me as a bit strange. After the attack hits, it feels like the Gundam turns around almost instantly.

Let's be honest they spent too much money on Nu Gundam's final attack and said uhhh poo poo we forgot the beam saber!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
right now at stage 33 my aces are looking like

Sousuke - 76
Okita - 66
Maito - 64
Akito - 62
Ruri - 60

guess which anime I've been watching a lot lately

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
FMP owns a loving lot though so I can't blame you.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Overall, while I love the crossover stuff a lot, I don't think I enjoyed the gameplay as much as Moon Dwellers, and a lot of the route splits tended to break up a lot of the characters I used leaving me with like half a team of people I wanted.

I very much look forward to getting route splits done as fast as possible because of this.

Rascyc posted:

Let's be honest they spent too much money on Nu Gundam's final attack and said uhhh poo poo we forgot the beam saber!

I am pretty sure all the other animations are from Z3/Z3.2, except the Fin Funnel attack was mostly just shortened (much to my dismay) and final attack has an extra cut in right before the Nu Last Shooting portion of the attack.

bacon flaps posted:

FMP owns a loving lot though so I can't blame you.

My luck with the FMP characters has been opposite of Z3, where I heavily used them a lot (Mao is still my #2 after 4 playthroughs) but in V they just aren't clicking with me. :(

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
From the Getter boys training the Eva kids in teamwork DLC:

Asuka's good??

From the G-Hound DLC:

Yazan, you devil.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Yeah, they're doing a big impact frame thing (I think), but it definitely feels like they've gone too far on some attacks. I'm definitely one of the guys in the smoother the better camp so I hope it doesn't end up a thing for every attack on everybody and I think big finishers should definitely be super smooth showcases, but I don't mind it for a few attacks. It's an animation style used in some shows so its nice its included, like Itano circuseseses and Kanada effects and Godmars' 0 frames. I really like the new cutins though, Shin Getter 1, 2 and 3, Zeta Waverider crash and Amuro's new cutins are all super good.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Overall, while I love the crossover stuff a lot, I don't think I enjoyed the gameplay as much as Moon Dwellers, and a lot of the route splits tended to break up a lot of the characters I used leaving me with like half a team of people I wanted. And getting the Penelope so late sucks, but once I get it, oh man, I basically soloed the last ten stages or so with Marida and still got SR points.

For me 2ndOGs/MD are the best SRW mechanically, I just love all of the systems. I haven't finished V yet but I've long held 2ndOGs as probably the "best" SRW game with the only bit I don't like, other than it not being in english, being the Masoukishin bit at the start and not being able to buy Ability Parts which I only realized I didn't like .once DP and MD introduced the idea or making them purchasable.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This game is better than MD to me in that I was actually motivated to finish it, whereas in MD I did the J finale and then promptly stopped caring because that was the only worthwhile story element of the game.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 14, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the new ryoma cut in for getter beam and pretty much all of villkiss' cut ins are my favorite

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
What are the odds that researching Tac-Customize 4 is an ending requirement?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best cut in is vivian's

Broken Loose posted:

What are the odds that researching Tac-Customize 4 is an ending requirement?
I mean, it probably is, but by stage 40 or so you're drowning in TacP so iunno why you wouldn't splurge on customize 4, especially when all the options are so good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When do the DLC scenarios become silly and fun? I bought the full pack and played the first three but same as Z3 they're just boring and serious back story stuff about how my characters are just and good people. I already knew that.

edit: which is to say they're like normal early game stages. I really think they need to work on making them more exciting and less predictable. Basically every SRW game I have played has only really gotten interesting around stage 15-20, if not after. That's like a third of the game that's forgettable.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 14, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Early game Z2-1 was great, I thought, with all the multi-empire shenanigans.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Super Robot Wars 4 gave every enemy pilot, even grunts, a spirit list, but they would never use them ever.

This was my first SRW and oh god is it hard :v:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

EthanSteele posted:

From the G-Hound DLC:

Yazan, you devil.
I feel that Yazan and Dr Hell would have a lot to talk about.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Daler Mehndi posted:

I feel that Yazan and Dr Hell would have a lot to talk about.

So would Hilda, actually.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
How do you see the Ace skits with Nine?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

NutritiousSnack posted:

How do you see the Ace skits with Nine?

Ace a character, then go to the Factory in the intermission.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Ace a character, then go to the Factory in the intermission.

Note that if a mission has a plot reason that Nine couldn't do a skit (including prior to her getting her body, being absent for some reason, or being mid-teleport) then you'll have to wait for a later mission.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

Note that if a mission has a plot reason that Nine couldn't do a skit (including prior to her getting her body, being absent for some reason, or being mid-teleport) then you'll have to wait for a later mission.

If you were prior to her getting a body, you wouldn't have access to the factory anyway, so...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

I remember that point in Z3-1 where the plot conspired to hit you with 5 apocalyptic events in a row immediately after you finish each preceding battle and AG is all "I swear we will get to the discussing Ace Pilots as soon as the situation calms down"

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I am glad they explained how Chan is alive. I was watching a play through before I got the game so it seemed like they never covered it, but good to see there was a Factory scene explaining it. If they never explained it, I would have been disappointed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Go and look for Ange! I know you've fallen for him!" is an unfortunate error.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ps: if you don't set salia's theme to a magical girl song after she gets her upgrade, you're a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't think I deployed her a single time after she upgraded. By that point I couldn't even deploy all the units I wanted to.

• Locked thread