Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Arin is very raunchy yeah, but it kinda works because Dan is so unbelievably....nice. I love their chemistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I met Danny just a few days ago at a live show. I was wondering the lobby and he just walks through one of the doors holding some tea and smiling. He immediately got mobbed by fans so I didn't have much of an opportunity to talk to him, but he just put his tea down and stood with the fans for a good while and had casual chats with them with a permanent smile.

He seems like a very genuinely nice and super chill dude. He's miles apart from Jon in terms of personality.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Is dunkey a decent guy, cause I don't like this trend

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pleasing Shape posted:

Is dunkey a decent guy, cause I don't like this trend

All I know about him is that he got super upset about getting banned from League of Legends or something for being a lovely person in chat.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jontron no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH8cVLeVHEM

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/841452507519938560

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mak0rz posted:

You have to use the "Get share links" option from the pulldown menu
Or just right-click the image and "copy image address/location/url/whatever".

food court bailiff posted:

This is really awful for the unfunny jackass, yeah, but it's the first time I've seen Sonic '06 gameplay and that just looks really awful too.
Slowbeef's let's play of it really shows off how terrible it is while remaining pretty entertaining most of the time.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NerdCubed did a good LP of it as well ,for a relatively recent take.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Nah just watch TieTuesday marathon it in like a quarter of the time everyone else spends on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?TieTuesdaySA

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

His own subreddit absolutely slating him is so so good.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Inco posted:

Finn Wolfhard

That is the :black101:est name.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

JonTron has always vaguely annoyed me but, simultaneously, I've had a soft spot since he has a conure (conures plural now, I think) that he clearly loves very much and takes great care of. I'm not surprised to see him prove himself an enormous shitheel but I am somewhat disappointed. Like a disapproving aunt. Just... judging him, coolly, from afar.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Would they be charged with a crime if they didn't do something wrong? Think about that, libtard! :smugdog:

But really, Jontron can go gently caress himself.

Like that black lawyer that got arrested for being outside his own house(aka his POS racist white neighbors that he lived next to for years called the cops)?

Or the other black lawyer that was told by a racist judge that defendants werent allowed in the courtroom.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
we haven't had a good one of these in a little while, go nuts on jontron everyone

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013

kickascii posted:

we haven't had a good one of these in a little while, go nuts on jontron everyone

Hmm turns out not being racist assholes gives people plenty of moral superiority!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

Arin is very raunchy yeah, but it kinda works because Dan is so unbelievably....nice. I love their chemistry.

I think they figured out that two passably-attractive straight dudes joking about being gay for each other is way more funny if they're both into the idea. "No homo tho" is some weak-rear end coward poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kickascii posted:

How does one earn moral superiority

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CharlestheHammer posted:

How does one earn moral superiority

In the salt mines.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Personally I always found JonTron the only funny guy on GameGrumps, granted he absolutely needs editing to achieve that, whereas Arin and Dan are aggressively unfunny, if probably perfectly good people. Not that I could stomach watching him any more at this point after revealing himself to be a piece of poo poo, which also is not really a problem since his output has been in the dumpster the past 18+ months anyway. Good riddance to him.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

*Fiero

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

JonTron has always vaguely annoyed me but, simultaneously, I've had a soft spot since he has a conure (conures plural now, I think) that he clearly loves very much and takes great care of. I'm not surprised to see him prove himself an enormous shitheel but I am somewhat disappointed. Like a disapproving aunt. Just... judging him, coolly, from afar.

I got my eye on you bird lovers. Anyone who likes things descended from heartless dinosaurs cant be trusted.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

kickascii posted:

Hahaha the gently caress

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Jon and Arin once played a game of Jeopardy and neither of them knew who won the Civil War. I guess Jon still doesnt.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Jon and Arin once played a game of Jeopardy and neither of them knew who won the Civil War. I guess Jon still doesnt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What, I'm supposed to be proud of this kid for making yet another Fiero conversion? :rolleyes:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've never watched his show or anything, but the few times I've seen a picture of him in some random context I pretty much immediately assumed he'd be terrible. Anybody with that kind of facial hair (and face in general, really) is more or less guaranteed to be obnoxious and/or an rear end in a top hat.

That's my Jontron story, thanks for reading.

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 11:26 on Mar 14, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Insurrectionist posted:

Personally I always found JonTron the only funny guy on GameGrumps, granted he absolutely needs editing to achieve that, whereas Arin and Dan are aggressively unfunny, if probably perfectly good people. Not that I could stomach watching him any more at this point after revealing himself to be a piece of poo poo, which also is not really a problem since his output has been in the dumpster the past 18+ months anyway. Good riddance to him.

In the other thread I've seen talking about him, someone posted an old Game Grumps video where Jon needed constant censoring because his idea of a joke was to repeatedly drop N-bombs over and over. No actual context for a joke. Just shouting racial slurs over the gameplay.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sounds about right from what we know about him now. I never actually watched a single GameGrumps video (well, except the one I tried and found really boring) so I don't really know how he managed in that kind of environment, I'm just going off his heavily-edited solo work.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What the gently caress is a Gamergrump?

No wait don't tell me. Seriously.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

In the other thread I've seen talking about him, someone posted an old Game Grumps video where Jon needed constant censoring because his idea of a joke was to repeatedly drop N-bombs over and over. No actual context for a joke. Just shouting racial slurs over the gameplay.

Arin actually talked about that a while ago, he even had to dump a series before it went up because Jon wouldn't stop talking about abortion. Dude's a real piece of poo poo.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

CommonShore posted:

What are these You Tubes and how do I collect them all?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Forgive me if I don't understand the ins and outs of videogame youtubes, but why couldn't they just tell him to shut the hell up during recording instead of recording a bunch of it and then having to drop it before releasing? Like that clip earlier where he just shouts the n-word over and over, why didn't his co-host just tell him "what the gently caress" and do the segment over again? Preferably also telling him to never do that again?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Glazier posted:

Arin actually talked about that a while ago, he even had to dump a series before it went up because Jon wouldn't stop talking about abortion. Dude's a real piece of poo poo.

whats wrong with abortion

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Jacques, I didn't know you had an account!

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
JonTron also once argued that Samus didn't count as a major female video game hero because you couldn't tell she was a lady under her armor. Arin actually called him out on that one, but it did no good.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Forgive me if I don't understand the ins and outs of videogame youtubes, but why couldn't they just tell him to shut the hell up during recording instead of recording a bunch of it and then having to drop it before releasing? Like that clip earlier where he just shouts the n-word over and over, why didn't his co-host just tell him "what the gently caress" and do the segment over again? Preferably also telling him to never do that again?
I assume giving him the benefit of the doubt and hoping that it was just a joke that was very poorly thought out. As for redoing the segment I can't really give an explanation for why they didn't just cut the whole thing. Maybe to try to mildly shame Jon into not doing it again? Maybe laziness? Either way it wasn't a long term solution, hence why he was removed.

edit: just for clarification I think the segment should have been edited out or Jon should have been called out more

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's probable that they realized it'd be weird to have a random jump cut with no explanation in order to cut out the whole segment.

CommonShore posted:

Hey dudes and dudettes just popping in to say I have no clue what the thing you're talking about is. Heh, well bye ~flies off farting~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Huntersoninski posted:

JonTron also once argued that Samus didn't count as a major female video game hero because you couldn't tell she was a lady under her armor. Arin actually called him out on that one, but it did no good.

This guy seems like a real winner. People are only now just turning on him?