Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's going to be really funny if we get homebrew emulation before virtual console is even available for the switch. Or save game backups.

Why would Nintendo still use webkit when it was the main way to get homebrew on a 3DS for a long while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well, I beat Zelda. Guess it's time to leave my Switch in sleep mode until Mario Kart comes out. :negative:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mahoning posted:

I ducked the JoyCon behind the couch and covered the JoyCon with my right hand. Only then was there a slight hitch in the on-screen movement. And that was at least 10 feet from the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kZK5ruWgA&t=30s

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

man nurse posted:

Well, I beat Zelda. Guess it's time to leave my Switch in sleep mode until Mario Kart comes out. :negative:

You utter fool. This is why I'm doing as much as I can before even attempting the story. I want this to last a long while with the lull in games coming up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HOW COME JOYCONS DON'T HAVE SPEAKERS IN THEM?

I THOUGHT THIS WAS MEANT TO BE AN IMPROVEMENT

2 STEPS FORWARD 1 STEP BACK EH SHILLTENDO?!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

man nurse posted:

You could always check out the eshop daily and laugh at the nine or so titles they have.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

How come I can't save 10 Miis and my Brawl controller settings on joy-cons?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dizz posted:

You could always check out the eshop daily and laugh at the nine or so titles they have.

Except Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight are really good, sooooooo

If Disgaea is your thing you can also grab it from the Japanese eShop right now and it's in English.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

man nurse posted:

If you don't have a 100% file you didn't beat it :colbert:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

If you don't have a 100% file you didn't beat it :colbert:

Speaking of files, getting pretty annoyed with games not having em, having to make more guest accounts for my friends to try Zelda is unreal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It probably isn't live yet though?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/841527955176136705

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

bowmore posted:

because they are tiny and make my hands cramp

You're gripping them too tightly. Be more chilllll and loooose. They are light as a feather so you just need to hold them as if they are Ruffles potato chips.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No.

Global Testfire happens on the following dates and times.

Friday 24th March
19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Saturday 25th March
03:00 - 03:59 GMT / 04:00 - 04:59 CET
11:00 - 11:59 GMT / 12:00 - 12:59 CET
19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Sunday 26th March
04:00 - 04:59 BST / 05:00 - 05:59 CET
12:00 - 12:59 BST / 13:00 - 13:59 CET

Not sure if there'll be updated regional times for Eur, Aus, Jap, etc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wish there was a demo for FAST RMX tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Testfire size is 410Mb. That's quite reasonable.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Except Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight are really good, sooooooo

If Disgaea is your thing you can also grab it from the Japanese eShop right now and it's in English.

poo poo dude don't loving tempt me

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Dizz posted:

poo poo dude don't loving tempt me

Just do what I did last night; get blackout drunk while on prescription painkillers and like magic when you wake up you'll have both installed on your Switch and no recollection of purchasing them! They must have been a gift! No guilt!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

iajanus posted:

Just do what I did last night; get blackout drunk while on prescription painkillers and like magic when you wake up you'll have both installed on your Switch and no recollection of purchasing them! They must have been a gift! No guilt!

Luckily I am gifted with the lack of painkillers, alcohol, and also an empty bank account.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If anyone needs a Switch there's one up on eBay atm

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Switch held out for a long time in that video. Poor Switch.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So I guess it was just one production run and that's it, huh? Man, I wish I got a Switch. Oh well.

Is Nintendo working on the New Switch U XL yet?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

sleepness posted:

Has anyone managed to solve the problem of the switch randomly hijacking the TV input even when asleep? For example, I'll put the switch in the dock, and it will change input to the switch. I'll put the switch to sleep, and change back to our cable input. The switch however for some reason will randomly do something for the TV to recognize that it's there and my input will change, while the system remains asleep. I have "match Tv state" turned off, but this doesnt help. I see lots of posts about it, but I'm wondering if someone has actually solved this. Ive never had issues like this before with other consoles (ps4, Xbox one in rest mode) so I'm pretty confident it's not my TV, but don't know the cause.

Known issue with Samsung televisions. It's a "feature" of course.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dehry posted:

https://pegaswitch.com/

Turn off updates now if you want homebrew emulators.

An exploit was found. Nothing for end users but they have access.

Nintendo used WebKit? Again? No wonder they were hacked this fast.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo used WebKit? Again? No wonder they were hacked this fast.

Lol yeah, why would anyone use the most popular web rendering engine for rendering web stuff?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

Lol yeah, why would anyone use the most popular web rendering engine for rendering web stuff?

It is pretty dumb to use a thing with known vulnerabilities when you are worried about users hacking your stuff

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol it's on every phone and probably your computers

WRONG SORT OF RAM

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BambooEarpick posted:

So I guess it was just one production run and that's it, huh? Man, I wish I got a Switch. Oh well.

Is Nintendo working on the New Switch U XL yet?

They're still pumping them out. I mean, I'm assuming that's the case, especially since early adopters are sending theirs in for screen repairs when their defective dock scratches the screen and getting brand new replacements back (minus their Zelda saves, owned)

I bet they'll be easier to come by early next month. Scalpers returning units they couldn't flip en masse in their 30-day return window, combined with supply from Nintendo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

well why not posted:

lol it's on every phone and probably your computers

WRONG SORT OF RAM

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's the best one. Companies just like to use it because it's free to incorporate. The problem is that WebKit is a bug infested dumpster fire, which makes it an easy vector for hackers to get into embedded systems - especially if they don't update their browsers, but you could argue about that any browser. But other browsers don't necessarily publicly document what holes they patched - like WebKit does. And so it goes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

does it work

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo&t=324s

Can't even stand up straight

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

really pumped to play Kit or Krysta in Smash 5 but I really wanna main Reggie or Bill Trinen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love that it was still running with a triangle cut out of it :stare:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3 days until BoI :slick:

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/839560268879298560

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope it's a good port. You never know with "The Wii U isn't powerful enough to run BoI" Nicalis.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I thought he was originally turned down because of all the religious iconography?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nah that was an old reason, they removed the ban on religious iconography early or midway through the Wii U life cycle.

The new reason is that the Wii U wasn't powerful enough to render the rooms with crazy amounts of enemies without significant framerate issues

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I thought he was originally turned down because of all the religious iconography?

http://nintendonews.com/news/wii-u/nicalis-wii-u-not-much-more-powerful-ps-vita/

Nicalis is not a good developer. Other highlights include them saying that they can't release patch notes because "we're not actual developers - we just make games".

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Andrast posted:

http://nintendonews.com/news/wii-u/nicalis-wii-u-not-much-more-powerful-ps-vita/

Nicalis is not a good developer. Other highlights include them saying that they can't release patch notes because "we're not actual developers - we just make games".

And making the Wii port of La Mulana and Cave Story run like poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The 3DS version of Cave Story that I have runs real good. I'd rebuy that on the Switch.

• Locked thread