Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

'Languishing out loud'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not sure if this one has been posted before, but this sort of person is the worst.

also,

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Mar 11, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Captain Monkey posted:

Not sure if this one has been posted before, but this sort of person is the worst.

also,

1) Haha here is a silly story that most likely didn'y happen but is only a little annoying and twee. Better comment on how much like a video game it is, because comparing stuff to video games makes me that much cooler.

2) Hey, I am so cool that I watch my roommate take drugs and do cool things. Said cool things involve both memes and nostalgia for middle school so they are extra cool. Also note I said it was my roommate so if pushed I don't ever have to do the thing that I said he did.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
non dominant foot

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Tired Moritz posted:

non dominant foot

1) That makes it even quirkier! 2) Everyone knows that adding more detail to your lie makes it more believable!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Tired Moritz posted:

non dominant foot

Well yeah, using his dominant foot would be cheating.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The saddest part is knowing someone drew that while thinking "I'm gonna tell everyone I zipped some wicked sweet drugs and made this. No, wait, I can get in trouble, I'll say my roommate did this"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Danaru posted:

The saddest part is knowing someone drew that while thinking "I'm gonna tell everyone I zipped some wicked sweet drugs and made this. No, wait, I can get in trouble, I'll say my roommate did this"

No, the saddest part is thinking that drawing is cool.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The saddest part is where they hosed up and had to erase lol

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
tumblr continues to deliver

black people aren't so scary after all~

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Sisal Two-Step posted:

black people aren't so scary after all~

If this didn't end with them trading Pokemon then frankly I'm not interested.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

hogmartin posted:

If this didn't end with them trading Pokemon then frankly I'm not interested.

actually the black guy was a pokemon, you gotta read the subtext

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
More from Reddit's awful community. To make it worse, this was posted as 'This is my friend from Afghanistan. He does this sort of thing a lot!'

They always remove themselves one step from it so they can't be called out these days.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Captain Monkey posted:

More from Reddit's awful community. To make it worse, this was posted as 'This is my friend from Afghanistan. He does this sort of thing a lot!'

They always remove themselves one step from it so they can't be called out these days.

Is "infantry" that obscure of a technical term that someone would have no idea what they do?

And especially, is there that little overlap between people who have, of course, seen Inglorious Basterds and also don't know what "infantry" means?

Maybe I'm biased. Then again, I used to be in the artillery and was surprised by how many civilians had no idea what the word means. In those cases I'd end up saying "the ones who fire cannons" which was usually followed up by "we still have those?" then me having to explain that the military still has a shitload of artillery and uses them a lot.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Well a grunt would absolutely say something like that because it sounds moto, so with that said I can also believe that someone would feel dumb about it later and wanted to act like someone else said it

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

life is killing me posted:

Well a grunt would absolutely say something like that because it sounds moto, so with that said I can also believe that someone would feel dumb about it later and wanted to act like someone else said it

This poo poo right here.
I was infantry, and had way too many people have no clue what that was. I got sick of explaining it, and went with the following:
"What do you do?"
"I'm a government contractor."
"Oh really? Doing what?"
"Foreign relations and diplomatic liason."

This is somehow even more douchey than the Bear Jew response... which admittedly, made me giggle.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What he didn't hear was "Get hosed you cheating little bastard, getting your internet friends to manipulate me into sex acts! I will never trust you again."

Well done internet stranger for ruining this mans relationship. He doesn't even have the fact that he is good at FIFA to fall back on.

Also, none of it happened, so either way no bj.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

life is killing me posted:

Well a grunt would absolutely say something like that because it sounds moto

What is moto in this context?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when i was younger, we had to earn our blowjobs, not rely on internet charity. smh

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Retardly motivated.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

BrigadierSensible posted:

What he didn't hear was "Get hosed you cheating little bastard, getting your internet friends to manipulate me into sex acts! I will never trust you again."

Well done internet stranger for ruining this mans relationship. He doesn't even have the fact that he is good at FIFA to fall back on.

Also, none of it happened, so either way no bj.

It's amazing that you didn't realise this was just a ploy to get idiots to throw the match and get an easy win.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm having a hard time believing many people have never heard the term "infantry". Are you sure they weren't just asking you for clarification since that's a pretty general term and wanted to know what your specific job is?

Also the soccer story sounds like it was written by the same people who write the "my FIANCEE says if I get 1000 LIKES and SHARES on this post she will MARRY me" type facebook posts. Nobody (sane) does that - if they want to do the intimate act/major life decision, they'll just do it, not make you jump through arbitrary meaningless hoops to get it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
My friend from high school became a nuclear machinist for the navy. Nearly failed senior year physics because his calculator was unknowingly in radians instead of degrees for the entire semester, but made it up when the final was symbolic solutions only. I guess he fit right in.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

bulletsponge13 posted:

Retardly motivated.

What bulletsponge said. To expound, it's loving your life and your job so goddamn much you show up to work every day so happy to be there it annoys everyone else. It's loving every aspect of it, to the point you're getting tattoos with your corporate logo. That's probably translated well enough to non-military language I guess

I've been out of the Army 5 years, I am hardly fluent anymore. To be fair, "moto" is really a Marine term you rarely hear in the Army.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

when i was younger, we had to earn our blowjobs, not rely on internet charity. smh

You have no idea how many lawns I mowed and newspapers I sold.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

A bit weak I admit. I'm sure this happens on occasion just not to the guy who made this macro.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Catberry posted:

A bit weak I admit. I'm sure this happens on occasion just not to the guy who made this macro.

it's funny b/c it makes me want to do the opposite to the guy who made the macro

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
That bear's face is a travesty.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sweeperbravo posted:

it's funny b/c it makes me want to do the opposite to the guy who made the macro

You want to pull his pants up and help him stand tall?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

You want to pull his pants up and help him stand tall?

Just in the middle and from the back, so that his weiner becomes the weinest.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm having a hard time believing many people have never heard the term "infantry". Are you sure they weren't just asking you for clarification since that's a pretty general term and wanted to know what your specific job is?

Also the soccer story sounds like it was written by the same people who write the "my FIANCEE says if I get 1000 LIKES and SHARES on this post she will MARRY me" type facebook posts. Nobody (sane) does that - if they want to do the intimate act/major life decision, they'll just do it, not make you jump through arbitrary meaningless hoops to get it.

To put it in some context, this was around 03/04, before the flush of modern war movies, and we're often young people. And this was in a lovely Baltimore suburb with low education standards.

But no, these people straight up didn't know what Infantry meant. They hadn't heard the term before. poo poo, I had to explain what Infantry does to more than a couple soldiers in the Army.

I kinda miss the moto retards, because it was almost always the slow downward spiral after the 14th gear layout of the day, or the fourth day straight of area beautification. The only exemption was a big, jolly, kinda dumb dude who was super good at his job, and happy he wasn't living in a meth filled shithole where the only jobs were throwing hay, or working at Walmart. He never really lost that childish moto-ness. To be fair, he needed like three waivers to get in, and I am pretty sure his wife was mentally challenged.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
11 Hilarious Notes From Moms And Dads

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The worst not-Buzzfeeds are the ones where they make you click through each individual entry in the listicle instead of having it all in one page so you can view more ads.

e: also should be poop hand-print NOT poop-hand print. I am VERY disappointed in this fake dad's inability to correctly punctuate :mad:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Tumblr is so easy to fool. At least 12,118 times.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can see this happening in a way. What kind of unique Jewish perspective can a teenager offer, really? I know I don't have anything particularly uniquely Jewish to say on the topic. My grandparents surely did, but that hardly gives me a unique perspective. So I imagine they just started rambling about something tangentially related and the teacher didn't want to derail the class.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm pretty sure the "i don't want to hear the jewish perspective" is only the way the poster interpreted it, not what was actually said (yeah he does use the word "literally" but usually it's safe to assume that when people use that word the thing didn't literally happen). He/she probably just told him to shut up and stop interrupting and the poster went home to rage online at the anti-Semite who wouldn't let him butt in and offer the unique hot take that the Holocaust was bad for Jews.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I can see this happening in a way. What kind of unique Jewish perspective can a teenager offer, really? I know I don't have anything particularly uniquely Jewish to say on the topic. My grandparents surely did, but that hardly gives me a unique perspective. So I imagine they just started rambling about something tangentially related and the teacher didn't want to derail the class.

I sort of read it as "listen this is part of your cultural background and I really want to see if your non-Jewish classmates can answer this" but then I realized I was being far too optimistic. For this poo poo. Which decidedly did not happen.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

flosofl posted:

I sort of read it as "listen this is part of your cultural background and I really want to see if your non-Jewish classmates can answer this" but then I realized I was being far too optimistic. For this poo poo. Which decidedly did not happen.

Yeah, I read it as the standard "Yes I know you know the answer, but let's see if the other kids can work their brains for a second or two to figure it out". Like when you totally know the answer to this maths problem but the teacher knows that you know the answer to it because you answered every other question right because you're a loser nerd. The Jewish kid knows the right answer, the teacher knows they know the right answer, but they have to let the other kids actually think about it themselves or no one is learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Ordinarily I would have been optimistic but this is Tumblr we're talking about.