Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

These are government departments, not businesses. The only reason the Southern Downs Regional Council can say that kind of thing is because they know the federal government (i.e. you) will ultimately pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Adults in charge!

:banjo:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

open24hours posted:

These are government departments, not businesses. The only reason the Southern Downs Regional Council can say that kind of thing is because they know the federal government (i.e. you) will ultimately pay for it.

I know it's that now but slippery slope and all that. Thankfully local governments aren't anywhere near as autonomous as they are in the USA.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://twitter.com/buzzlistpoems/status/841486555348893696

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Jay Weatherill laying down the gauntlet:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...50m-energy-plan

quote:

The six-point plan, entitled South Australian Power for South Australians, will be paid for out of state government surpluses. It encompasses:

- Building of the largest grid-connected battery in Australia to store energy, funded by a new renewable technology fund

- Construction of a government-owned 250MW gas-fired power plant to provide emergency back-up power and system stability services for South Australians

- Introduction of new ministerial powers to direct the market to operate in the interests of South Australians :bisonyes:

- Incentivisation of increased gas production to ensure more of the state’s gas is sourced and used in South Australia

- Creation of an energy security target to require a proportion of power used within South Australia is generated within the state.

The new gas-fired power plant is budgeted to cost $360m, $150m will be committed to the SA renewable technology fund – broken up into $75m in grants and $75m in loans – and new plan for accelerating exploration (Pace) grants to incentivise new gas production are worth $24m.

A new Pace royalties return scheme promises to provide 10% of royalties to landowners of property overlying any petroleum field targeted for production.

Attaboy Jay

I eagerly await the wall-to-wall coverage of Libs screaming hysterically that we'll all be rooooooooned

aejix fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 14, 2017

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

How much does 10% of royalties amount to? Is South Australia about to create a few billionaire farmers who were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

aejix posted:

Attaboy Jay

I eagerly await the wall-to-wall coverage of Libs screaming hysterically that we'll all be rooooooooned

That's what worries me, we're a one paper town after all. Then again the local Libs haven't seen power in over a decade and "fixing our power problems" is a pretty hard policy to attack.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
If we have learnt anything it is that as soon as the Libs are back in power in SA, like they have every other state. That gas fired plant will be on the market.

Edit: when I say put on the market I mean given to whomever the largest donor is.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Tudge usually shows his face at local sports events in my local council area, I'll make sure he cops a mouthful from me if I see him sliming around the crowds.

Print this off and staple it to that sack of shits forehead.

"Of those on the welfare card interviewed for the evaluation, 49% said it had made their lives worse, while 22% said it had made their lives better. Of family members of those on the trial, 37% said it had made their lives worse, while 27% said it had made their lives better."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hooman posted:

Print this off and staple it to that sack of shits forehead.

"Of those on the welfare card interviewed for the evaluation, 49% said it had made their lives worse, while 22% said it had made their lives better. Of family members of those on the trial, 37% said it had made their lives worse, while 27% said it had made their lives better."

This is the policy working as intended.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Gotta make being on welfare worse than the alternative.
The alternative just happens to being homeless and starving.

See also: pacific island gulags

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Yeah you'd have to be pretty loving dumb to think making people miserable wasn't the whole point of the exercise. I'll be rolled out across the country, probably firstly to groups that are easy to poo poo on, like young people, and slowly expanded to cover the rest of the population.

It'd be good to see the actual report if anyone has it, it's presumably been released to journalists but I can't find it online.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I'm in Tudge's electorate as well. How can I help unseat him?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Frogfingers posted:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Frogfingers posted:

Lure him into the pub and take photos of him drinking coopers

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

https://www.mhs.gov.au/sites/g/files/net1006/f/cdc-wave1-interim-evaluation-report.pdf

I found the report.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Coopers PR video they have just put out is cringe-worthy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Senor Tron posted:

The Coopers PR video they have just put out is cringe-worthy.

Jeez that was as awkward as the Pauline Hanson "if you are watching this I have been murdered' video.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
New FPotM

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
Backpedal complete. With an endorsement of marriage equality as well.

http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2017/03/coopers-cancels-bible-society-commemorative-cans/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Pauline Hanson will be on the Bole Repore soon.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
gently caress Bolt is awkward to watch.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

why are you watching bolt?

Unless its Usain and his turtle.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

NPR Journalizard posted:

why are you watching bolt?

Unless its Usain and his turtle.

For his weekly interview sloppy blowjob of pauline hanson.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So why inflict that misery on yourself?

Also, yay for fracking?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
"Pauline I really like your necklace but it's rubbing against the microphone" :barf:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
oh god the necklace is still loving up the sound from the microphone.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Coopers has released a statement about their partnership with the Bible society:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Nanpa posted:

http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2017/03/coopers-cancels-bible-society-commemorative-cans/

protesting/demonstrations/boycotts DON'T WORK

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Nanpa posted:

That's quite a backpedal

I'll probably avoid drinking their stuff in future anyway, apart from anything else they'll probably still donate to the Libs and religious groups, just quietly this time

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty quick to endorse marriage equality when the wallet is about to
take a hit

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Yeah I mean I'd like to cut them some slack because of their recent but relatively well known support for live music, Australian owned, fairly decent (for a stock standard beer you can usually get on tap) beer etc etc but it's really hard to look past a long history of providing financial support to the Liberals, plus their initial response of "it's a discussion we need to have". Getting busted for having a reprehensible standpoint and only offering an apology (on the second attempt once you realise the hit to your hip pocket, no less) just isn't good enough. If it was an issue that is harder to get educated about then maybe an apology and genuinely changing your stance is acceptable, but for something like a basic human right? Sorry Coopers, but my miniscule patronage of your brewery won't be continuing.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It'll be interesting to see if this has long term consequences. Will people just forget, or is Coopers = fuckwits going to be seared into the mind of left wing drinkers? It'll be funny if they have to bring out a rainbow can or something to try get some market share back.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

It'll be interesting to see if this has long term consequences. Will people just forget, or is Coopers = fuckwits going to be seared into the mind of left wing drinkers? It'll be funny if they have to bring out a rainbow can or something to try get some market share back.

TBH I think it was just them being a bit tone-deaf. In the past they have been major sponsors of events like the Feast Festival.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I just saw Jay Wetherill's face for the first time and I did a triple take trying to figure out if I was looking at Turnbull, Shorten or Di Natale.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nanpa posted:

Suck it right wing religious fanatics.

Also since money is the only language that talks I'm assuming a shitload of pubs changed the beers on tap and/or cancelled contract renewals.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Frydenberg has come out and had a huge whinge about SA's energy policy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

Frydenberg has come out and had a huge whinge about SA's energy policy

*Slowly nods while munching on muffin made of unrefined coal*

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015