Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

psy.Che posted:

Sounds like I need this as well, where do you have to enter it?

If you're on steam, in your game list right click > properties then click launch options and plug that line in the box that pops up.

Otherwise tag it onto your shortcut after the last " in the file location field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

AegisP posted:

Swap to a Stibnite flask? Sin's Rebirth and Witchfire Brew both look sweet.

The evasion from an alchemist jade carries me really hard, cant really switch it out.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

zxqv8 posted:

If you're on steam, in your game list right click > properties then click launch options and plug that line in the box that pops up.

Otherwise tag it onto your shortcut after the last " in the file location field.

Awesome, thank you!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TheRat posted:

The evasion from an alchemist jade carries me really hard, cant really switch it out.

Obviously you need to give GGG a grand to get a unique Jade Flask designed :v:

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Im really new to the game but I think I just looted something really really good?

I get like 700+ hp when I put it on and the only other Increased Max Life talisman is Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet and thats like 5 exalted.

It has to be worth something right? I have like 20ish chaos to my name so im wondering if I should sell it or keep it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Somebody bought a blue life talisman from me for like 10c today so yeah I'd say that's worth something. Just don't expect it to move at the speed of light

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah I sold a rare with similar resists and like 10 less flat life and only 8% on the implicit roll for 25c. Without the dex or spell damage. Yours could probably move for an exalt or so.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
So I am doing some T3-4 maps as a Righteous Fire Chieftain and I am huge problems surviving bosses and maps.

I have about 4.4k hp at 72 with 3k armour.

I keep getting two spotted by bosses in maps and I am unsure what I am missing. Should I massively boost up my armor?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I keep a few regular dump tabs that I sort out during longer breaks.

Just curious, do you dump everything you pick up in the dump tabs or only stuff you have to ID? (Like not chromatic/jeweler items, I mean.)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I really should be selling these Ancient Reliquary Keys...but like, that's the slot machine mechanic of this league! I need to open them :(

Still down about 66 chaos so far though.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
Can I get an invite to the guild? Character name is IWantYourSkuuuuuull.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

JawnV6 posted:

My SRS/aura witch just hit 70. Ultra-budget-everything, haven't spent more than 1c for a slot besides the chest. I had a Jeweler's Touch, used it to 5l a Solaris Lorica and forge ahead as a terrible LL hybrid. I can handle dried lake if I'm paying attention, easier in a group. Dipping into maps now.

I don't have the full gem setup, but it's a fair bit more active than most other builds I've done. Killing the first 24 souls is quite a chore, but after that I get Vaal Clarity going, Flesh Offering lets me spam SRS out to keep the wave going, then I have to run around and make sure to keep killing things before that ends. I just dropped Spell Echo, I'm fast enough casting that I can keep the wave going on the Offering alone.

I'm really not sure where to take the tree from here. Link, character is AurYouSrs. The guide I'm following spends the next 20 points pathing out to get Blood Magic. Shavronne's ring is 100c+, so are the Wrappings. I'm genuinely not sure I can get There from Here.

I'm running the exact same build and ran into more or less the same problem. The good news is you can go a bit further - I got my first ever Atziri kill with one (avoidable) death.

The problem is it's going to suck for a bit until you grab Blood Magic. Ditch your jewels and replace them with Conquerer's Efficiency and Survival Secrets, try and push through for a few more levels, and then respec out of all your life and mana nodes. You're 14 points away currently; you've got 6 points in Heart and Soul as well as Quick Recovery that become superfluous once you get Blood Magic, and 4 points in the Melding cluster and you don't really need Arcane Vision either. If you can gain 3 more levels, then you can spec out of those clusters and grab Blood Magic and the nodes behind it.

The other problem is that you just don't have enough ES on your gear. Ephemeral Edge is cheap and also lets you use Whirling Blades + Fortify. You'll eventually want a Hubris Circlet with the Stone Golem Effectiveness buff (150% if you can, otherwise go for 100%) as that powers your SRS when Vaal Clarity isn't up yet. Until you can grab a Shavronne's, the only other ES you're going to get is from your gloves and boots, plus whatever you can scrounge on your belt, rings, and amulet (until you get an Eye of Chayula, which should be ASAP).

Once you have (ideally) a Hubris Circlet with the Stone Golem buff, you can follow the guide and burn Essences to try and craft a decent ES headpiece with at least 3% reduced mana reserved. Between that and the last set of aura nodes (5 more skill points), you can ditch Prism Guardian in favor of a pure ES shield, which will help tremendously.

You can also grab a Voideye and throw your Discipline aura in there, if you can manage to keep your resists high without the second ring, which should be worth an extra 70 ES.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Also looking for a guild invite. Char name is CK_Wolfshirt.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

still probably going to do ea jug at some point this league. vasudus' skill tree on the site is all hosed up from the changes i assume. is this what im looking for? http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPMRMwB3x...QbGXaTd1QAAAAAA (if i go past 90 just dumping more in the life brick)

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 14, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So my crit staves eq jugg hit 68 and now destroys everything. However, I've realized that the 50% mana I have dedicated to determination is wasted since I'm running a coil (legacy eventually) and not a brass dome. What's the best use of that mana? I'm really quite ok on base damage, so I'm thinking blasphemy enfeeble or temp chains maybe. Though if I gave no fucks I could probably do hatred. I don't know.

Sitting on 95% hit, 88% crit (going to cap soon-ish) and 658% multiplier right now.

purpleraines
Jan 19, 2006
asdf
I'd like a guild invite. IGN is Jayfrosty.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

jerichojx posted:

So I am doing some T3-4 maps as a Righteous Fire Chieftain and I am huge problems surviving bosses and maps.

I have about 4.4k hp at 72 with 3k armour.

I keep getting two spotted by bosses in maps and I am unsure what I am missing. Should I massively boost up my armor?

You need way more HP, especially as RF. You should be closer to at least 5k at your level and build. Life is your primary offensive stat so you should be aiming for T1 rolls on all your gear. Chieftan RF should be hitting 8k+ life as you approach the endgame.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Also consider running enfeeble on blasphemy. It can make a noticeable difference for just about any build.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Vasudus posted:

So my crit staves eq jugg hit 68 and now destroys everything. However, I've realized that the 50% mana I have dedicated to determination is wasted since I'm running a coil (legacy eventually) and not a brass dome. What's the best use of that mana? I'm really quite ok on base damage, so I'm thinking blasphemy enfeeble or temp chains maybe. Though if I gave no fucks I could probably do hatred. I don't know.

Sitting on 95% hit, 88% crit (going to cap soon-ish) and 658% multiplier right now.

Are you already running Assmark? If not, run that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Just curious, do you dump everything you pick up in the dump tabs or only stuff you have to ID? (Like not chromatic/jeweler items, I mean.)

Sell chromes and jewellers when you get to town. Put essences in essence tab div in div tab. Currency in currency tab Dump the rest. Clear out after a day of mapping or when it gets full or whenever you like.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Why sell Chromes and Jewellers?

whydirt posted:

You need way more HP, especially as RF. You should be closer to at least 5k at your level and build. Life is your primary offensive stat so you should be aiming for T1 rolls on all your gear. Chieftan RF should be hitting 8k+ life as you approach the endgame.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by T1? You mean like max rolls?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty sure he meant chrome and jeweler conversion items (rgb linked and 6 socket drops)

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

jerichojx posted:

I'm sorry, what do you mean by T1? You mean like max rolls?

You can buy fusing from vendors at 4 jewelers apiece.

If you're confused by how much life a T1 roll will get you on a piece of gear, http://www.exilemods.com is your friend.

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated

jerichojx posted:

He means the items you pick up to get chromes and Jewelers from vendor recipes. Items with linked red , green, and blue sockets will sell for a chrome. A six socket item will sell for 7 jewelers. You only pick these items up to vendor, so there is no reason not to liquidate them immediately.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Everything.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
I don't know what to do next with my cold conversion ice shot raider.

I specced into Avatar of Slaughter, but i don't know if i want Veil or Chase next. Any tips?

Also, i should get a better bow than Lioneye's glare, but an Opus is loving expensive now >_<

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
When I look at prices for boss key sets, and the kind of drops you can expect from them, I don't see those guys being very profitable.
As in, an Uber Atziri or Shaper set currently costs almost an ex. And while those guys do drop items that are worth more, they can also drop a lot of poo poo and eyeballing the general value of drops doesn't look like it'd be significantly over an ex.

So am I right in assuming that trying to kill those bosses is p much pointless and farming high level maps with high killspeed for those random currency drops is way more profitable?

Edit: Don't sell Jewelers. Convert them to Fusings using a level 6 Vorici and sell those, that's like 40% more value.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
First off, to clarify, the real issue at hand: Saying "sell jewelers and chromes in town" and saying "sell (items for) jewelers and chromes in town" mean two totally different things. That being said,

peak debt posted:

When I look at prices for boss key sets, and the kind of drops you can expect from them, I don't see those guys being very profitable.
As in, an Uber Atziri or Shaper set currently costs almost an ex. And while those guys do drop items that are worth more, they can also drop a lot of poo poo and eyeballing the general value of drops doesn't look like it'd be significantly over an ex.

So am I right in assuming that trying to kill those bosses is p much pointless and farming high level maps with high killspeed for those random currency drops is way more profitable?

Edit: Don't sell Jewelers. Convert them to Fusings using a level 6 Vorici and sell those, that's like 40% more value.

I'm really curious as to what your general gameplay looks like when you think you need to hardcap your jewelers you are willing to sell per day to the vorici daily jeweler/fusing exchange, and are also trying to debate the merits of farming shaper vs high level map speed clearing.

Edit: I'll make this point simple: 40% more value of jack poo poo is really just 40% more jack poo poo, or in the grand scheme of things, meaningless. Vorici exchange is cute and certainly not bad in itself, but caring about it is kinda a waste of time. If you want to do what is best, then vorici currency exchange has almost 0 weight in the conversation. If you want to do what feels good, then that is entirely subjective and up to the individual.

It's like when you go to a store and you buy something with a big 'for sale' tag or some poo poo and think you are getting away with a deal, when in reality it's just a scam to make you feel good about yourself even though you are still being a shitter with your money. Grats, you :airquote:saved:airquote: 16 jeweler orbs, and you are still poo poo poor because you have no idea how to actually make anything in the first place and are too busy swooning over vorici the shady salesman to care.

Regardless, if you are actually interested in how some of the super rich get super rich, I think Fyndel and VoC were on some poe podcast recently and are much more likely to give you informed views on getting rich in poe than a bunch of poor shitnoob goons like me. I don't have a link but I'm sure it's on reddit or something.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 14, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Atziri netted me 300c in the first two days just from boss drops, not counting the fact the map is full of magic and rare packs

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost
The Vorici trade earns you 2 chaos in 10 seconds currently (64->20 trade instead of 64->16). I admit I don't understand much about the 1% playstyle in PoE but I kind of doubt you can match that kind of income/hour... It's certainly something the average joe should do.

please knock Mom! posted:

Atziri netted me 300c in the first two days just from boss drops, not counting the fact the map is full of magic and rare packs

Yeah I figure if you're in early, you can make bank.
I was thinking about whether I should use one of my shaper sets to try and attempt a boss kill. So far I've been selling the fragments at a decent if slow profit of maybe 10c an hour, and I'm not certain whether it's worth using them instead. It seems like a big risk because if you rip the map you're out 70c, and the expected return is not that huge (at first sight) that it'd be worth the risk.

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Can I get a guild invite if there is space?

IGN: FireBurstSpaghetti

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

peak debt posted:

The Vorici trade earns you 2 chaos in 10 seconds currently (64->20 trade instead of 64->16).

yeah once a day, woohoo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

peak debt posted:

I kind of doubt you can match that kind of income/hour

How many times per hour are you able to do this?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

theshim posted:

I hear you - after playing this I kinda want to make a build that just actually uses Ball Lightning :v:

Instead of actually playing this league I spent a few days loving around in path of building and standard spending a huge pile of built up currency from previous hc leagues to try out various builds. One of the best ones I cooked up was a pretty straightforward ball lightning inquisitor. Shaper capable for the low price of a 6l pledge of hands.

It's feels sort of like frozen orb from D2 in that you're angling shots to get the most exposure time. Fun skill, but more than anything but fire/icestorm it's really good at killing you via reflect long after you stop casting.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I dump everything in 2 dump tabs. That's the whole point- sorting essences/div cards/currency after every map is a time sink. I hadn't done that before this league, but i've already noticed a huge efficiency boost.

You also shouldn't waste time with chromatic items. They really don't offer enough return for the hassle of picking them up/sorting/etc.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can make 2c in 10 minutes just running a map, forever

In fact, I'd call that a low return, and I'm definitely not a 1% player

Shaper is worth doing for experience alone, you'll never be one of the first ones doing him if you never get practice, same for atziri. I used to have trouble with her, now I did a run or three on day two, and that was before I had the build pieces (as sr/firestorm)

My opinion at least. Play game, get money

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah once a day, woohoo

It's still free money. If you found :10bux: on the sidewalk once a day would you walk past it because it's not repeatable?
My net worth in the game is probably around 250c now, the ~6 Vorici trades I've done so far have added maybe 15-20c to that, so definitely not neglectable. And you have to level Vorici anyway to color your sockets so it's not like you can skip the dailies.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
* clears throat *

Chaos recipe

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ImsaKidd posted:

I dump everything in 2 dump tabs. That's the whole point- sorting essences/div cards/currency after every map is a time sink. I hadn't done that before this league, but i've already noticed a huge efficiency boost.

You also shouldn't waste time with chromatic items. They really don't offer enough return for the hassle of picking them up/sorting/etc.

If you're fast you can sell your 6 sockets, put your currency, div card essences and dump the rest by the time the next map shows up. So when you're having to sort all that crap because you didn't sell it and sort some of it right away I'll be mapping. It also allows your dump tab to last longer because it's not being taken up by 6 sockets and currency.

Social Media posted:

You can buy fusing from vendors at 4 jewelers apiece.

depending on trade ratios this can either be good or bad. so check accordingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

please knock Mom! posted:

* clears throat *

Chaos recipe

https://fat.gfycat.com/OccasionalSentimentalElkhound.mp4

• Locked thread