Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

If it gets funded, aka paying the dude for a rom dump.

He doesn't need the money to dump it. I mean yeah he probably doesn't have the equipment on hand but I guarantee there are plenty of people that would be willing to do that for him without him holding it hostage to some kickstarter. There's been plenty that didn't need that step.

The money from the kickstarter was to, among other things, try to break even after he paid the original scalper.

I just don't see what he's doing as some awful thing :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I have no strong feelings one way or another about Socks the Cat game, but TMNT in the arcade was super fun when I was a kid. I'm surprised there are still working machines since those ones in particular were so heavily abused.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish someone would rescue the Simpsons Arcade Game from Konami

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wish someone would rescue the Simpsons Arcade Game from Konami

Same, but literally all of their properties.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, those Konami arcade beat em up's were pretty awful coin munchers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sakurazuka posted:

Except the home port of Turtles in Time, the greatest beat-em-up that isn't made by Technos.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, but I could beat people up with a vacuum cleaner as Marge.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Except the home port of Turtles in Time, the greatest beat-em-up that isn't made by Technos.

Yeah they at least put effort into the home ports.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah they at least put effort into the home ports.

The Arcade version has more animations, better quality voice clips and is 4-player but it's still a much worse game, like it's not even close.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that Platinum Ninja Turtles game any good?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've heard it's really not, but I don't have any specifics.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just finished Tortment: Numa numa. A bit disappointing and way too short, but hopefully like Shadowrun they'll be able to release a new better game now that all the hard technical stuff is done.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

I've heard it's really not, but I don't have any specifics.

Oh wow it was actually pulled from all digital storefronts, that's hilarious and also seems strange

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh wow it was actually pulled from all digital storefronts, that's hilarious and also seems strange

That might just be a licensing thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah my theory with the Platinum Turtles game was that Activision knew the license was running out soon so it was a 'here's x money and we want it out by y we don't care about anything else' type situation.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I want a Silent Hill 2D beat-em-up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From what I understand the Platinum TMNT game had all the specials on cool down meters like an MMO and if you're thinking that would gently caress up the flow of Platinum style combat, the reviews indicate you are right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

River City Ransom Underground patch 4 posted:

Highlighted Unlock Fixes:

Your full character list is now available in online multiplayer games
Changes to your characters are saved in online multiplayer games
Fixed a bug where two players playing as the same character could overwrite each other’s character data
Fixed a bug where the 10th save slot would always be overwritten by new saves
Better handling of player names in online games
Fixed issues with Mike and Chris changing skins
Calvin now gets his lifter in Arena matches
HUD drop-in now works for couch multiplayer
Fixed drop-in support for couch multiplayer in arena matches
Fixed characters being unlocked with zeroed stats

Other Highlights:

Fixed potential infinite stun in the final fight
Fixed two moves whose inputs were activating other moves due to internal ordering (Bruno Suplex, Rudy Shining Wizard)
Fixed weather flickering in online multiplayer
Fixed controller rumble in network games being sent to the wrong local player slot
Fixed head icon and card for a Rudy skin
Fixed crime being reported on the subway train
Fixed a scene in the ending credits restarting on controller input
Fixed Mike’s Twirly Noodle not being usable unless Bobsled was also unlocked
Fixed Chris’s backhand grapple
Fixed bug where a player grabbing a victim from another could leave the original attacker temporarily stuck
Work-around for a handle leak in .NET on Windows 10

Backer Fixes:

Respawn exclusive weapons in hideouts when they are lost in battle
Fixed edifice of Wayon Smith Jr. Law Firm

I'm not going to lie, there's still some balance issues pertaining to two of the 8 total playable characters in the game, and a fair number of minor bugs, but man, that multiplayer save bug was a killer, and the reasons to not buy the game are shrinking fast.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that Platinum Ninja Turtles game any good?

It is in fact really bad. It makes that Korra game look like Bayonetta.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Warchamp7/status/841333535608848386

:allears:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how does a youtuber who only made like 4 loving videos in the last 12 months have 3 million subscribers. like I can see why pewdiepie has zillions because he makes dumb poo poo every week but jontron barely makes loving anything

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

MinibarMatchman posted:

how does a youtuber who only made like 4 loving videos in the last 12 months have 3 million subscribers. like I can see why pewdiepie has zillions because he makes dumb poo poo every week but jontron barely makes loving anything

You start off by being part of a more popular and prolific group of people and then get kicked out and people follow you.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Somehow, the fact that JonTron makes a bunch of YouTube bucks and doesn't actually have to do anything to earn them fits right in with his behavior. He's the exact kind of jackass who'll fall down the alt-right rabbit hole while acting like he's being the voice of reason, the real adult in the room, the entire time.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 14, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MinibarMatchman posted:

People don't unsubscribe from youtube channels. You have to manually go to the channel or your subscriptions list, browse through it, find them, and unsubscribe. The vast overwhelming majority of Youtube users don't bother doing that. So you end up slowly gathering a big stockpile of people who don't and will never watch a video of yours again, but don't want to bother unsubscribing because that takes more effort than the alternative. If you upload pretty rarely, that probably helps, because your videos only rarely show up in peoples' feeds to remind them they're still subscribed.

edit: what I'm getting at is that subscribers mean nothing, the views are what matter in determining someone's popularity.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 14, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish jontron wasn't such a jackass because I like his vids :(

I wonder how jontron's buddies in normal boots feel about any of this, if they have anything to say on it at all. I dunno if jon is even still affiliated with them or not.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I think some of the comments on this story fully underline why caring about these shitheel gamer personalities matters and why it's so worrying:

quote:

I recently visited my girlfriend’s aunt, uncle and her nephews - the kids are the only ones who play video games in their whole family so I have a pretty good rapport with them. We’re sitting there chatting about stupid little kid stuff (they’re 9 and 11) and they start talking about bashing Jews and laughing about Hitler. I tell them no that’s obviously not something to joke about and do they know who Hitler was, and who did you hear this from, yadda yadda.

They’ve learned all this stupidity from these dumb loving youtube minecraft streamers and repeat it mindlessly. They (edit: meaning the kids) obviously have no idea how offensive they were being. We talked about it and I think (hope?) they have a better idea, but think about how many children are out here learning all this horrible poo poo like it’s normal.

It’s just in this same stream of consciousness as John Cena jokes and fart noises and then suddenly you’re mocking jews and Christ this country really is going to fall apart in the next four years isn’t it?

edit: before you ask: No, they don’t do this around their parents. No, the parents don’t really pre-screen every single video these kids watch on youtube.. they’re blue collar trump people themselves who work all the time and see video games on screen so it isn’t a red flag. Yes I am trying to be the best influence I can be.

Although from the looks of it, his subreddit seems to have turned its back on him.

chibi luda fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 14, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

That was my favorite co-op game on SNES.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quake Champions is free to play and you earn in game currency to unlock other characters...but the unlock is a game time limited rental. Modern gaming ftw

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The money from the kickstarter was to, among other things, try to break even after he paid the original scalper.

I just don't see what he's doing as some awful thing :shrug:

I'll admit, the second I saw a cat poster where the cat was dressed up like Donald Trump I instantly closed the page and barely even read it. I just saw "kickstarter for unreleased PCB to finish a prototype" and instantly disliked it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Quake Champions is free to play and you earn in game currency to unlock other characters...but the unlock is a game time limited rental. Modern gaming ftw

lol

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

In the mists of pre-youtube time I picked up lovely racist jokes via my peers and TV shows, the youth of today isn't any more doomed from picking that poo poo up from youtube as the youths of yesterday were. You go through that lovely shock humour phase as a kid and then hopefully you get pulled out of it as an adult when you start developing a wider sense of empathy and understand why making those jokes is a horrible thing to do.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CJacobs posted:

People don't unsubscribe from youtube channels. You have to manually go to the channel or your subscriptions list, browse through it, find them, and unsubscribe. The vast overwhelming majority of Youtube users don't bother doing that. So you end up slowly gathering a big stockpile of people who don't and will never watch a video of yours again, but don't want to bother unsubscribing because that takes more effort than the alternative. If you upload pretty rarely, that probably helps, because your videos only rarely show up in peoples' feeds to remind them they're still subscribed.

edit: what I'm getting at is that subscribers mean nothing, the views are what matter in determining someone's popularity.

Based on the amount of notifications I get from subscribing to just a single account this sounds insane.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Bones posted:

In the mists of pre-youtube time I picked up lovely racist jokes via my peers and TV shows, the youth of today isn't any more doomed from picking that poo poo up from youtube as the youths of yesterday were. You go through that lovely shock humour phase as a kid and then hopefully you get pulled out of it as an adult when you start developing a wider sense of empathy and understand why making those jokes is a horrible thing to do.

Or you end up like me and still laughing at certain stuff that is totally not fine to laugh about but you end up laughing because it's not fine to laugh about and it becomes cyclical and

I'm talking about how I still laugh at tribute.wmv

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

Hang on there. You can buy the Champion Pack and get them all permanently as reported here (:lol: the headline):

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/03/13/quake-champions-free-to-play/

I admit, I don't think it's going to do the game any favors

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Earth Table posted:

I think some of the comments on this story fully underline why caring about these shitheel gamer personalities matters and why it's so worrying:

God drat that's upsetting :smith:

I can't really get all "kids these days" about it, I guess. I definitely made my share of offensive jokes when I was a stupid kid and didn't know how hurtful I was being. I mean, it was never "kill all Jews lol" or anything violent, but I was still a little piece of poo poo, and so were my friends. We all learned and changed.

Somehow this seems worse, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's the saturation, or the fact that they see adults doing it and think that makes it okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something about society just turns white teenage boys into the most miserable shits in the universe. I would like to believe there is an equivalent on another planet somewhere out there but I doubt it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

I dislike the sound of this intently :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lobok posted:

Based on the amount of notifications I get from subscribing to just a single account this sounds insane.

It sounds like it, but it's true and pretty easy to see. It starts off as a relatively small gap and then as you get larger the gap does too.

Good ol Pewds' subs. His videos get an average of 150 million views a month. He uploads one or two videos a day. That means only a very small fraction of those people actually watch the videos of the person they are subscribed to.

Harrow posted:

I can't really get all "kids these days" about it, I guess.

I'll do it for you then. Access to digital media at all hours is very dangerous and we're entering the transitory period of human society where we don't yet know what the effects of such a thing will be. As the kids who now have that access get older, we'll find out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I said come in! posted:

Something about society just turns white teenage boys into the most miserable shits in the universe. I would like to believe there is an equivalent on another planet somewhere out there but I doubt it.

lol if you think its just white boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What if there was a multiplayer game where you pay money to buy it and you get all the characters/maps/skins

• Locked thread