Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Andrast posted:

The daily arena quests have an orb reward

Well that's not bad then

I just finished reading up on reddit and they're saying to wait on pulls because inheritance is also dropping this week? If it is, as much as I'd like to blow some orbs trying for Jaffar, it might be smarter to hold out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Lovechop posted:

should i use my feathers on Effie or Sharena? i really can't decide help

Effie is real good and her high statline will be really useful for high arena scores. But Sharena is a strong contender for best hero in the game right now.

I think it probably comes down to how frustrated you get dealing with units with 1 move.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sharena is great and versatile but contender for best unit in the game is pushing it. She's not even the best spear in a world where Azura exists.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
she's definitely a great support character though.

I still pray for Alfonse buffs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sharena's main thing is being good with every team comp and everybody has access to her. Having a high stat total helps too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i hope they don't add "pick any character you want" in conjunction with skill inheritance

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I used to get 5* pulls often. Now I'm lucky for 3*. Really killing my hype for this game.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Lovechop posted:

should i use my feathers on Effie or Sharena? i really can't decide help

5* Effie gets access to a damage upgrade from her new weapon and Death Blow 3
5* Sharena gets a damage boost from her new weapon, a attack debuff AOE from her new weapon, and Fortify Def 3

Sharena improves her offence and support abilities when hits 5*. She slots well into any team since she can buff defense, rally attack, debuff enemy attack, proc Blade tomes, and has well-rounded stats.

Effie is most useful when she's holding down the line and letting her teammates do the attacking. She doesn't gain as much from being promoted to a 5* unit.

It's probably best to wait a couple of days to see how skill inheritance pans out.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
could be cool and use your feathers on your waifu

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got Karel from a multisummon, I finally have a red sword person

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

What do y'all think of Desperation on Lucina? Mine is -Spd which is tragic but she still doubles anyone slower than a neutral Lucina/Nino with Defiant Spd active. I dunno how Karel is but I figure if he can do Lyn's gimmick with Desperation, so can Lucina, right?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Servaetes posted:

Well that's not bad then

I just finished reading up on reddit and they're saying to wait on pulls because inheritance is also dropping this week? If it is, as much as I'd like to blow some orbs trying for Jaffar, it might be smarter to hold out

Skill inheritance will have nothing to do with orbs. If you want him go for it.

Just don't throw away all the junk you get yet.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Did someone actually post about mulching Minerva because I will fight them

She's one of the fastest green units and Hauteclere is a Killer Axe++++

E: She's THE fastest green if you get her as +spd because Anna can only be neutral

Basically Minerva :swoon:

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 14, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the worst part of skill inheritance is that I'm worried that it will just make lovely units even more shittier.

rip all my fave characters

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
thanks a bunch guys :) i guess i'll see how inheritance pans out and maybe upgrade sharena soon

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
This pull... 4 duplicates (one upgraded to 4*) and... HECTOR!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It is me.

I am the god of -Spd.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I use both Sharena and Effie on my A-Team and I love them both. No way I could pick one over the other. Effie is a literal wall of murder all reds (and wary fighter makes her quite good at dealing with most ranged units!), while Sharena is far far more mobile (really important on maps like the two bridge one where Effie can get stuck somewhere) and gives all kinds of buffs/debuffs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need to figure out who to use my first 5* upgrade on (and I suppose second since I'm already halfway to that as well) and would like some opinions on it.

My current 5* are Roy, Sanaki, Karel, Ephraim, Catria, Merric, and Raven(+)

The best candidates I have, at 4*, as far as I can tell, are Marth, Tharja, Olivia, Sharena, Abel, Robin, Nowi, Nino, Anna, and Jorge

Any advice would be appreciated. Assuming it's between Sharena, Nowi, and Nino. (e: and maybe Robin)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 14, 2017

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Agoat posted:

I used to get 5* pulls often. Now I'm lucky for 3*. Really killing my hype for this game.

Dude I JUST got my second 5* (Corrin, another loving sword guy) and I have received every orb in the game and mulched it into summon, so, at least you've gotten something in the past.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
My team was Lyn, Takumi x2, and a 5 Star Robin and then there was a period of pulling nothing but crap. Managed to luck out with two 5 stars (Ninian, Elise), is it worth it to get rid of one takumi for either of these heroes?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

IcePhoenix posted:

I need to figure out who to use my first 5* upgrade on (and I suppose second since I'm already halfway to that as well) and would like some opinions on it.

My current 5* are Roy, Sanaki, Karel, Ephraim, Catria, Merric, and Raven(+)

The best candidates I have, at 4*, as far as I can tell, are Marth, Tharja, Olivia, Sharena, Abel, Robin, Nowi, Nino, Anna, and Jorge

Any advice would be appreciated. Assuming it's between Sharena, Nowi, and Nino. (e: and maybe Robin)

At this point it's all personal preference. You've already got enough 5* units of different colours to fight anything currently in the game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Morpheus posted:

Dude I JUST got my second 5* (Corrin, another loving sword guy) and I have received every orb in the game and mulched it into summon, so, at least you've gotten something in the past.

Do you use 20 orbs at a time or what? That's spectacularly bad luck.

My backup account has 6 with 152 orbs still in the bank. 4 blues, because that's what I usually roll on, on banners where there are focus blues available.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

sassassin posted:

Do you use 20 orbs at a time or what? That's spectacularly bad luck.

You are correct! It is loving terrible bad luck!

At one point I get three 3*s, all of the same character and it nearly made me quit the game entirely.

Anyway I have enough feathers and poo poo to upgrade someone to 5*, given this lineup, who should I do that with? (note how many loving swordsmen I have)

Currently that 4* Nino, Shanna, and Setsuna are my 'dream team' at the moment that I use for any high-level content and while I'd rather not reset them down to level 1, if they're the best option then c'est la vie.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Kagero

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I did a 20 orb pull on didn't get any of the new units, but I did get 5* Kagero!!! That's pretty good!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

No question.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

No question.

Righto. Can you elaborate why? I don't really follow all the meta stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Kagero murders everybody who isn't Hector/on a horse/on a flier

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

This is the correct answer.

Poison Dagger+ absolutely murders the poo poo out of nearly everything.

40 orbs dropped on the new banner so far. All 3* dupes except a 4* Hana on the first attempt, and 4* Nowi and Jorge on the second.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Morpheus posted:

Her weapon is super effective against the overwhelmingly most common type (infantry).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Poison dagger is a mistake. Especially giving it to the most boring ninja.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Threw like 70, ended up with two Jeorges, a Sakura and a 5* Jacob :downs:. I think I'm gonna just save up and maybe I'll stumble into Jaffar or someone else. I know for sure I've been whiny as hell with these pulls but I've been paying for Hector in spades when my only other 5*s are Peri and now this weird butler dork

Unrelated, but I do have two Abels and I know he's probably decent, but which is better? +SPD/-DEF or +DEF/-SPD?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Burned through almost all of my orb stash but finally got Lucius

also jafar and marth so that's nice i guess

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
I got a 5* Karel and that guy seems p. powerful

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

What do I do with this?

Ryoma, Marth, Corrin M and the 5* Robin M are all -Spd.

Chrom is neutral

Camilla, Tiki Y and Corrin F are all +Attack - Def

Oh and I have one promote to 5* loaded.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 14, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kagero is really that good? I drew her this morning too (at 4*) but didn't include her with my other stuff because she seemed underwhelming.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Servaetes posted:

Threw like 70, ended up with two Jeorges, a Sakura and a 5* Jacob :downs:. I think I'm gonna just save up and maybe I'll stumble into Jaffar or someone else. I know for sure I've been whiny as hell with these pulls but I've been paying for Hector in spades when my only other 5*s are Peri and now this weird butler dork

Unrelated, but I do have two Abels and I know he's probably decent, but which is better? +SPD/-DEF or +DEF/-SPD?

Probably +SPD to keep him from being doubled as often. 34 is a pretty full speed tier, and it'll mean he won't get doubled by Takumi if he has to tank a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Are Leo or Lachesis worth investing in at all? The tier list on the wiki suggests "no", but they're my only natural 5-stars and this thread has pointed out before how the wiki's ratings aren't end-all-be-all