Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/841484614870958081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jayrone Elliot coming back to Packers per Jayrone Elliot

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

There's a rumour that Trumaine Johnson to the Dolphins is pretty much a done deal but the Dolphins want to give up a 2018 2nd rounder and the Rams want this years 2nd

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/841490020695437312

Cool.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Jayrone Elliot coming back to Packers per Jayrone Elliot

Training camp superstar. Maybe one of these seasons he'll actually turn the corner.

Kalli posted:

Harrison is crazy durable to still be playing at 38, but he did miss those like first 6 years of a normal career as a starter sitting behind all those dudes.

I genuinely think this matters much more than actual physical age. One year of football is incredibly wearing on the body, much more than a year of sitting around (assuming adequate physical exercise) would be. Within reasonable limits, I think a 30 year old who'd played 4 fewer years of pro football would be a better player than if he'd played four additional years of pro football.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

He's a very good gunner and a very fast return guy. As a WR he's improved but only really made an impact in gimmick plays.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Darth Brooks posted:

He's a very good gunner

This is a pretty good thing to have in the AFC West right now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Darth Brooks posted:

He's a very good gunner and a very fast return guy. As a WR he's improved but only really made an impact in gimmick plays.

Neat

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
James Harrison is better than Demarcus Ware and you're delusional and wrong if you think otherwise

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

James Harrison is better than Demarcus Ware and you're delusional and wrong if you think otherwise

jfc dude

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I remember how people were surprised the Texans took Nuk over him. Glad they did!

Oh god he's going to leave because we can't get a qb

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I love James Harrison. They asked him for a quote about when he knocked out Pat White cold and he said "That's the end of the wildcat"

He's an old school guy and I think he's hall of fame for sure. Ware.... not so much.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wish more than one man per decade could join into That Hall of Fame

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Yug posted:

I love James Harrison. They asked him for a quote about when he knocked out Pat White cold and he said "That's the end of the wildcat"
What a cool guy :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when I said "one man", in my last message, i actually meant one person. you may ignore this posting, but it will help me to have a clear mind throughout the next few days.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yug posted:

He's an old school guy and I think he's hall of fame for sure. Ware.... not so much.

Uh Ware gets in well before Harrison

And Harrison absolutely deserves to be in.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

Uh Ware gets in well before Harrison

And Harrison absolutely deserves to be in.

If nothing else became he retired first.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Harrison's case might be harmed by all the times he subtly threatened to murder Roger Goodell.

Mind you I'm not condemning him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

Harrison's case might be harmed by all the times he subtly threatened to murder Roger Goodell.

Mind you I'm not condemning him.

The voters will like Ware way better for dumb "character" reasons for sure. He also wasn't known for JACKED UP hits and head shots even when they were more acceptable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

dumb "character" reasons

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Didn't Harrison beat up his son's mom because she wouldn't baptize his kid? And show no remorse about it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Didn't Harrison beat up his son's mom because she wouldn't baptize his kid? And show no remorse about it?

the good book tells us that's ok

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Harrison also has one of the greatest Super Bowl plays ever too, so that will help.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So it turns out the Titans didn't offer the #18 pick straight up to the Saints for Brandin Cooks, according to the GM yesterday. They offered a swap of #5 and the Saints #11, as well as a 3rd round pick. I guess the Saints really wanted 2 first round picks because a swap from #11 to #5 sounds a better deal to me than #32. Hightower also has not visited with the Titans.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So it turns out the Titans didn't offer the #18 pick straight up to the Saints for Brandin Cooks, according to the GM yesterday. They offered a swap of #5 and the Saints #11, as well as a 3rd round pick. I guess the Saints really wanted 2 first round picks because a swap from #11 to #5 sounds a better deal to me than #32. Hightower also has not visited with the Titans.

Those are also pft rumors so ya know

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

Those are also pft rumors so ya know

Okay? This is straight from Robinson's mouth yesterday so I guess they're confirmed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

Harrison also has one of the greatest Super Bowl plays ever too, so that will help.
I will always remember the cheap (but legal IIRC) block on that Arizona special teamer before the 100+ yard INT return for a TD

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

I will always remember the cheap (but legal IIRC) block on that Arizona special teamer before the 100+ yard INT return for a TD

It wasn't a block so much as it was felonious assault.

And it ruled.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/841621794045984768

Please don't match Buffalo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
According to several reliable sources the Bucs won Free Agency so watch out fuckers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

According to several reliable sources the Bucs won Free Agency so watch out fuckers
No the Jaguars did, again. They are the new Redskins. :suicide:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patriots did and it's nowhere close

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jimmy G to the Browns is gonna be the cherry on top.

It is... inevitable.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Excuse me sirs but the very reputable and always correct news outlet ESPN says that the Bucs won

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/16499/bucs-9-7-season-helping-them-become-winners-in-free-agency

Says it right there in the link - "winners in free agency" - I don't even need to read the article. That's so helpful.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jimmy G to the Browns is gonna be the cherry on top.

It is... inevitable.

there's one other QB who could be shipped to the Browns for a 1st rounder

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brettmartel/status/841668702000967683

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The details of the Robert Woods contract are in and it's not a very good contract, the only good part is most of the guaranteed money is in the first 2 years so the Rams can cut him after 2018 with only 1.5m in dead money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/robert-woods-12322/

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Patriots gonna get their 1st round pick back

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Stop trading with them, goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

She wouldn't let their son get baptized so who here is the real monster

• Locked thread