Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Since I don't have anyone else good for some specific elements, I might hope for a Yshtola and use her to seal some of greg's skills when I finally get around to doing that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The announcement says 3* Moogles handed out "for some" with every summon. 1% Moogles are 1*. What aren't I realizing here?

I'm guessing it means lapis and not tickets? Or only gold and rainbow crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

What do you need from the Gacha to get her up to speed?
First off, it works like the arena Gacha. 100 event coins per pull, and there's a good chance you'll get items instead of a unit. She's a 4* base, so you're going to have to pull quite a bit to get her to pop out. Some people will keep their orbs on cooldown for the entire event and not get Minfilia, and those who don't do the event regularly may not get Y'shtola. Most people should be able to get at least 20 Thancreds, but his trust is kinda mediocre (+10% HP, +10% ATK). Better than a base ATK+10% materia, and it's free, sooo eh, why not?

Second, the event characters have a special 6* upgrade mat that takes the place of Divine Crystals. Those also come from the event Gacha. If you don't do enough of these to get 10 orbs, you won't be able to get both Minfilia and Y'shtola to 6* in the future.

Third, there is craftable gear from the event, which also comes from said Gacha. Each character has a weapon, piece of armor and an accessory. It's along the lines of Dangerous Ariana's gear, pretty good but not TM good.

Varance fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 14, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think I'm just going to use all my tickets and lapis on the players choice banner and then just likely quit.

I realized I haven't played the game beyond daily pulls and TM grinding in like 4 weeks.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

The announcement says 3* Moogles handed out "for some" with every summon. 1% Moogles are 1*. What aren't I realizing here?

If it works like JP does, and it sounds like it will, then the 3* Moogles are 5% TM Moogles that only work on a specific unit (they are basically like squishing together an extra copy of a character). The upside to this is that on a good banner like the player's choice banner, you get a rather nice bonus with every roll and can get lucky and get a head start (or a quick finish) on some very nice TMs.

The downside is most times on JP when they do this the Moogles are pulled from the entire library of TM characters (excluding friend point units, thankfully). Get ready to clog up your character inventory with a couple dozen 5* base TM attuned Moogles that you just can't bring yourself to throw away because god drat it one of these days you're going to pull a Gilgamesh and then they'll see, they'll all see! You'll have 15% of his bracer right there!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Keeping Nine up for a few more days, but afterward, would y'all rather have Ling as my friend unit, or Emperor?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

I think I'm just going to use all my tickets and lapis on the players choice banner and then just likely quit.

I realized I haven't played the game beyond daily pulls and TM grinding in like 4 weeks.

That's just dumb. If you need a break, take a break. Come back in a couple of months and enjoy the new content. Then can you dump all of that stuff into the powercreep banner.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thancred only goes up to 5*? That sucks.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My half price summon today was a rainbow which got me rather excited. It turned out to be Marie, a unit I've never seen before but is 6* capable. The web pages I found suggest she's a niche shielding unit good for bosses with elemental attacks.

Is she worth prioritizing to level up and equip or just add to the todo queue?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am working on getting her maxed for that one event she is useful, I have her.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not sure if there's a particular event she's useful for but she will be ok for Dark Siren+Ifrit trial, who are basically a big fat check on your ability to mitigate various elements at once(dark, fire, water, wind and status effects).
Each boss is weaker than Gilgamesh, but kill one and the other heals to full, powers up and starts using more elements. They also have a bunch of conditions triggering massive power ups or full party wipes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

5* max is the new 4* max.

EDIT: Wow, holy crap. Just checked out Minfilia, the Best Green Mage Ever, on the Wiki. She elemental buffs, she Cheers and Focuses, cures all status effects in others, and is immune to all status effects. And her buddy Y'shtola?

This event coming up: it is worth doing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 14, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I awakened my first person ever, whee. Awakened ExDeath so that he could get the -aga spells. As much as it saddens me to consider it I think I may replace Terra in my current party with Vanille(who I have 2 of now).

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
apparently people have been pulling an inordinately high amount of sheras off banner

but it must just be rng

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So does Thancred. :colbert:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

apparently people have been pulling an inordinately high amount of sheras off banner

but it must just be rng

Call it confirmation bias but pulling a banner unit immediately after their banner ends has been a bizarre trend around here and elsewhere.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

but it must just be rng

My roommate has been getting nothing but Sheras off dailys in the current banner. Poor guy.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
And here I was thinking it was all in my head

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

but it must just be rng

My last three 1/2 price daily pulls have all been Shera.

Edit: make that 4 of my last 5

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

FireTora posted:

My last three 1/2 price daily pulls have all been Shera.

Edit: make that 4 of my last 5

My last two have been Shera.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The last time I brought up janky drop rates I was called a kook and told to go learn probability.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got a Shera today, only one so far. C'mon free compensation ticket!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

The last time I brought up janky drop rates I was called a kook and told to go learn probability.

i believe you cartoon man. back when they lowered the amount of monsters in the awakening chamber i had people tell me they were getting the same drop rates!

also that ominous comment when the devs did that interview that was like "we love global, its not the same as japan!" yeah i fuckin bet you do.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
For those of you who plan to grind the raid I have four slots to spare at (all slots gone, not dropping lapis on making more slots)
When the raid starts it'll be a Yun stacking 3x Beastkiller, 628 ATK and 5161 HP so he'll survive harder hits in ELT.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 15, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, sure feels like it's Shera loaded. I've been keeping track, and I've gotten Shera 5 damned times this month. :argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sherowned is the new Bediled.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I got a Cyan today. I haven't gotten a Bedile in weeks (finally, after playing since launch, got a Miyuki Sunday).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In my one week of playing I have gotten 0 Sheras, either through my free 11 pull or my daily 1/2 pulls. I just got a bunch of Mercedes, Sevens and Ciniques.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Lucky you, I have 6, and confirmation bias tells me that they definitely skewed the drop rates to curse us with Sheras

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 14, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I pulled enough Sheras trying to pull Olive that I was able to fully fuse one TMR and I think I still have 2 or 3 more.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am not pulling a single thing until this Choice banner. I don't have the want for another Shera.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Sherowned is the new Bediled.

Shadowned hasn't gone away

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The numbers don't change but the advertising tactics do.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

The numbers don't change but the advertising tactics do.

You do realize Y'shtola's banner isn't pulled using Lapis, right?

The thing about the Noctis banners is that it shows how much has changed in the last 3 months. Power creep is a hell of a thing and if they didn't shrink the grid then in a few months you'd have focused units whose diagram reaches for the edge of the display due to high offense/magic/whatever units reaching out in to the abyss.

e: That Gumi's not consistent in the stat display between different characters isn't new either. I'm not seeing how this is something to care about in the slightest. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 15, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
what's that web thing supposed to show

how close they are to being spiderman or something

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

You do realize Y'shtola's banner isn't pulled using Lapis, right?
Yes.

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: That Gumi's not consistent in the stat display between different characters isn't new either. I'm not seeing how this is something to care about in the slightest. :shrug:

I thought it was a funny thing, man. No need to get worked up over it.

To make the new characters look more appealing they use the spider graph to make them look OP even when their stats are flat out worse.

Cry Havoc posted:

what's that web thing supposed to show

how close they are to being spiderman or something
Yes.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Noctis: Almost Spiderman

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

So who's gonna blow their load on this banner and who's saving up for Nevercominglandu?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I've got 35 tickets, 8k lapis and no Zidanes. I'm gonna go nuts and then rage quit once I don't get any dual wields. I even have 100% in trust moogles to fuse up.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

I've got 35 tickets, 8k lapis and no Zidanes. I'm gonna go nuts and then rage quit once I don't get any dual wields. I even have 100% in trust moogles to fuse up.

I would totally do that too. Getting your first one or two Zidanes is gamechanging.

edit- Minus the rage quit part. You shouldn't do that. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dangerous.hotdog posted:

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

So who's gonna blow their load on this banner and who's saving up for Nevercominglandu?

Me. I was on the fence about going all in on noctis. But the dream of rolling Noctis and Gilgamesh? Too good. Also more zidanes is more good.

• Locked thread