Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

Because that's how it was in FF13.

Of course, every character had some sort of ranged attack available, so it didn't really matter there. Here? gently caress you.

Either thanks to that or independently of that, I find that FF13 is tied with FF8 for the realm I get the most mage poo poo for.

EDIT: Oh, look at that. Another year, another BRA*BRA collab we won't get. I wonder what JP will get this time that we get screwed on for six to eight months; last time was Bard Motes (plus Eiko/Kefka's Record Spheres), the time before that was Edward and Mog's MC1s.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Minfilia is a really good support option seeing as how she has access to 5* knight and white (secondary WHM users are always valuable) and 4* combat for lifesiphon if needed. of course i have her 50% boostga/last stand so shes a indispensable support for the moment

See I have her Boostga AND BSB so she's just so versatile for me. She's amazing in multiplayer because you never really know what your team is going to do.

Noel's BSB is a better debuff machine but outside of it I guess you just lifesiphon.

Really enjoying the Serah SSB though, best SSB I've pulled in a while. The synergy with CID Raine RW is amazing, especially since I have Kuja BSB for imperil dark and a lot of dark boost gear.

My mage team now:
Quistis BSB, wrath
Serah SSB, RW Cid
Kuja BSB, memento mori + dark zone
Tyro: SG+breakdowns, BSB if he has time
Vanilla:BSB

I think it's better than my physical team.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 14, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Maintenance... :(

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Nothing mined yet either almost 4 hours in, unusual

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
All the info just came flooding in. Looks like we're getting 50 mythril for sure and an XI event.

https://www.reddit.com/live/ylc7bzjbf559

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

McDragon posted:

Also Raines and his imperil Holy that I grabbed from the dollar pull. Raines and Orlandeau are a dangerous pair of Cids.

as someone who now has both of these cids kitted out to the nines i agree with this post

does raines not have a level 99 crystal yet or did i just not see it when i was flipping through the options?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ahh, DeNA naming conventions.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

as someone who now has both of these cids kitted out to the nines i agree with this post

does raines not have a level 99 crystal yet or did i just not see it when i was flipping through the options?

Should hit in a week or two.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ahh, DeNA naming conventions.

"Mostly Megaflare" is a great name.

So is "Kerplode."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't care if it heals the enemy to maximum health on use if the name of that move is really "kerplode" i must have it

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Raines SSB pairs ever so deliciously with hopes BSB. Eager to give it a spin with orlandeaus BSB.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Eh I rolled.

Noel BSB: could be ok, Full break + breakdowns on a character who can get Thief 5 and has combat 5. I have Minfillia's BSB which seems a bit better

Serah SSB: actually this seems good? Mind+Mag+Hastega, should go well with something like Cid RW. I actually am glad to have this one

He also has white 4*, making him the only 5* thief with 4* white. Also don't try to use thief's revenge on him, he's too slow. The other thief skills are crazy damage though, so it's not an issue.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Looks like the icons for elemental debuffs got changed. That's cool.

Also:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Looks like the icons for elemental debuffs got changed. That's cool.

Changed, nothing - we have stacking imperils. How long ago did JP get those?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Changed, nothing - we have stacking imperils. How long ago did JP get those?

I knew they stacked now, I didn't know they also got new icons.

Also: Looks like the Evil Lantern is now a FFX synergy weapon, and possibly a blitzball. So people are getting errors if they try to enter dungeons with it equipped.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Also: Looks like the Evil Lantern is now a FFX synergy weapon, and possibly a blitzball. So people are getting errors if they try to enter dungeons with it equipped.

It's entering the party screen that does it, so we're effectively locked out of playing the game if this affects you.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This change never stops biting them in the butt. :allears:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Apparently you can unequip items from the sell equipment screen so there's a way around it at least.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

The game was very briefly fixed from the Android 7.0 change for me but now it is back to being misaligned so I have no idea wtf happened there.

And this:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh for fucks sake is that why i keep getting errors

e: yes, yes it is.

Prav fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 14, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Alongside all the anniversary stuff coming, it appears the new DU is launching tonight. Another lucky banner to the pile.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Crazy Larry posted:

Apparently you can unequip items from the sell equipment screen so there's a way around it at least.

Oh thank god. I thought I was hosed on spending any stamina today. This worked perfectly.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

The Witch's Hat was also changed to X synergy. What the hell man! :argh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

UHD posted:

The Witch's Hat was also changed to X synergy. What the hell man! :argh:

Mine still says XIII :confused:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Mine still says XIII :confused:

if you wear it in a XIII dungeon you won't get any synergy bonus

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
So the Realm Dungeons will be switching to half price in the next day or so, right? So those of us who haven't finished all of the Realm Dungeons can play catch up.

But Orbfest is ALSO starting tomorrow?

And they end at the same time?

:negative:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Prav posted:

if you wear it in a XIII dungeon you won't get any synergy bonus
The Lantern and Witch's Hat fixed for me after a force quit; back to being XIII with synergy in the current event.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I like the change to the announcements window.

Also, I really really like the change to elemental debuffs.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

And apparently between (failed) multiplayer runs they fixed the Evil Pumpkin and Witch's Hat back to XIII synergy.

Okay then!

efb

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Ulty posted:

So the Realm Dungeons will be switching to half price in the next day or so, right? So those of us who haven't finished all of the Realm Dungeons can play catch up.

and also this is the second-to-last chance to farm black crystals for several months

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Didn't some of the holiday items get given different synergy from JP when they were originally released for global? Could it be that the pumpkin and hat accidentally got reverted to their JP versions?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cattail Prophet posted:

Didn't some of the holiday items get given different synergy from JP when they were originally released for global? Could it be that the pumpkin and hat accidentally got reverted to their JP versions?

That's exactly what happened.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cattail Prophet posted:

When the lantern and witch hat came out in JP it was during a FFX event so it was X synergy. Global was doing a XIII event so they changed the synergy. It was honestly a good idea but I'm sure sometimes when the code is updated it causes conflicts.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Spring Festival 2017 is the orbfest, not Concert Hall. Concert Hall is - if it's what it was in JP - the Bard Motes stuff. You should have six orbfest-free days of catchup.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Looks like we don't have translated banners for the anniversary relics yet. Boo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Looks like we don't have translated banners for the anniversary relics yet. Boo.

Oh yeah those are never done till like a few days out. I wouldn't expect those till at least the 20th or so.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man those imperil changes look awesome, and it's great you'll be able to stack different ones too

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
If you haven't finished all the realm dungeons yet I strongly recommend getting up to 4 stamina shards today so you can get a refresh during orbfest by getting a 5th shard

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you haven't finished all the realm dungeons yet I strongly recommend getting up to 4 stamina shards today so you can get a refresh during orbfest by getting a 5th shard

Orbfest isn't for another week. Half stamina dungeons tomorrow though.

That said, if you're not at or near max stamina you should be blowing off all dailies between now and orbfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Orbfest isn't for another week. Half stamina dungeons tomorrow though.

That said, if you're not at or near max stamina you should be blowing off all dailies between now and orbfest.

Orbfest starts tomorrow. It's the "Spring Festival" on the event chart.

• Locked thread