Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Bad Moon posted:

I think the package it comes in also looks like a take out box

The most accurate mini to the people who play minis games EVER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Literally me.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

Your avatar is killer, where do you even find sweet Strange Journey art like that?

Thanks, not sure where I got it but an image search of "Asherah Strange Journey" might point you in a good direction. Minus the fact that there is a lot of horrible fan art.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Literally me.

no fuckin way you look that cool

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Captain Rufus posted:

The most accurate mini to the people who play minis games EVER?

gently caress that, that's my new Shadowrun mini.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

I think the package it comes in also looks like a take out box

Why does John Goodman have hanzo steel?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no fuckin way you look that cool

You got me, I don't have a beard and I am not eating from a chinese takeout box. :negative:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Looks like the sigmarines have leaked: https://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/adeptus-custodes-codex-information.html

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm impressed they're pulling the trigger on that, too.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
These new sigmarines are very golden:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning%20of%20Prospero%20Imperial%20Datasheets.pdf

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Gawd they are hideous.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I never, ever thought the Custodes were supposed to be represented in-game (same with the Primarchs). They always struck me as being to Space Marines what Marines were to Guardsmen. But in-game they're S5/T5 with a power sword and a boltgun? Okay, whatever.

The Sisters of Silence have very obvious Kabalite warrior legs, by the way.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
The Sisters are ok in an "obvious conversion" looking sort of way but if the evidence weren't staring me in the face I would think those Custodes were a joke.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Why does he have a sword for a dick?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gotta hand it to GW, they're taking the phrase "over detailed" to a whole other level with every new release

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They've out sigmared the stormcast eternals.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Not enough hammers!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Do the gold paints cost more or something?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Man, between the metallic sheen and all the greebly details I can't even get a good impression for how those things -look-.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Do the gold paints cost more or something?

They actually do from GW.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Needs more oiled flesh.

So is Roboute just making some knock-off Custodes and painting them blue, or are Space Marines being obsoleted from both sides?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"GW <insert NOUN> costs more than most."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I do like their bolter-spears, it's like the original Grey Knights, and I loved those crazy weapons.

But, like... As a whole... :chloe:

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

The new space marines look like fantasy models, while the sigmarines looked like they belonged in 40k.

At least we know these guys have faces.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Man, between the metallic sheen and all the greebly details I can't even get a good impression for how those things -look-.

I tried making out the detail on the faces to see what they actually looked like and now I have a nosebleed

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Their swords look like a collection of boxes with stuff stuck to them at random.

Gold Rhinos look like utter arse. I thought it was a dated design before but urgh.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

I do like their bolter-spears, it's like the original Grey Knights, and I loved those crazy weapons.

But, like... As a whole... :chloe:

same I like the spear guns

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
The top-knot redhead ladies look alright, I like the fur. Albeit not enough to ever pay money for one of them.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Those dudes look like everything I dislike about Scibor miniatures.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Sisters of silence continue to kick arse. They look easy to convert into fantasy or SoB models too. :neckbeard:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Sisters of Silence look decent. they seem to have somehow avoided being rolled in a bitz-bin and ended up with a pretty clean profile by comparison. I wonder how that happened?

There was a time when actual Sisters of Silence models would have made me go all-in on an imperial faction because I thought they were so rad. I still think they're rad but I can't summon the energy to try and play 40k again before it self-destructs.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

well, the sisters of silence are literally the kabalite molds with some little different details, different guns and heads, so that probably has something to do with it

the poses are exactly the same as kabalites, though

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

oh for fucks sake now I see that :shepicide:

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Lmao at these gunblades.

E: I hope the little circle thing is supposed to be a gun barrel on the guys shield. A gun shield would be hilarious.

Saint Drogo posted:

Sisters of silence continue to kick arse. They look easy to convert into fantasy or SoB models too. :neckbeard:

:psyduck:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sir Teabag posted:

E: I hope the little circle thing is supposed to be a gun barrel on the guys shield. A gun shield would be hilarious.

Sadly, it's just a gem and not a gun barrel.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:wtc: I saw videos of custodes and they're supposed to be oiled Jojo übermensch. Wtf happened? I know GW likes to frequently remake the art style but the custodes was the one thing I really enjoyed besides the tau.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Chill la Chill posted:

:wtc: I saw videos of custodes and they're supposed to be oiled Jojo übermensch. Wtf happened? I know GW likes to frequently remake the art style but the custodes was the one thing I really enjoyed besides the tau.

Roboute Guilleman came back and made them put clothes on and go out and fight xenos, according to the new lore.

The armour is straight out of the heresy art books, they just decided not to wear pants for 10,000 years after the heresy.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Thundercloud posted:

they just decided not to wear pants for 10,000 years after the heresy.

Who was going to make them wear clothes - the Emperor?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Top knots are still bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thundercloud posted:

Roboute Guilleman came back and made them put clothes on and go out and fight xenos, according to the new lore.

The armour is straight out of the heresy art books, they just decided not to wear pants for 10,000 years after the heresy.

They'd better make limited edition bodybuilding/fashion poses Custodes then. :mad:

• Locked thread