Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There's a joke in an old Marvel vs DC comic that DC's Earth is actually bigger to accommodate all the major NY sized cities all over the country (well they don't outright say that second part but c'mon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Wait, what? So NYC, Metropolis and Gotham all exist in the D.C. universe? At pretty much the same location as real life NYC?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tarquinn posted:

Wait, what? So NYC, Metropolis and Gotham all exist in the D.C. universe? At pretty much the same location as real life NYC?

Actually I think Freedom City and Bludhaven and probably others are both in the same area too. It's like some kind of megacity from Judge Dredd.

Hell, Metropolis in Man of Steel was like Ultra new york by itself.

Alternatively: Expanding Tiger Empire

I couldn't decide between vacationing at Kangabat Murder Society or Mad Hole: Country of Screamers

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 14, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Seems like a pretty accurate map of the planet circa 2017 to be honest

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Tarquinn posted:

Yes

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Metropolis Population 72,000 My rear end

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

I couldn't decide between vacationing at Kangabat Murder Society or Mad Hole: Country of Screamers

Orangutan Surfing Civilisation sounds like it might be fun.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

A reverse image search says this is 'dc_superhero_cities_by_batmanbrony-d7eeyhp.png' so I don't think it's official.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Haha star city pop 27k

that ain't no city that's barely incorporated

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Bozart posted:

Haha star city pop 27k

that ain't no city that's barely incorporated

To be fair, it it was a New England town it would be considered a mid size town.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah we mocked that map in the last thread, the pop counts are insane.

Tarquinn posted:

Well I don't think they're the same location but they're both East coast and obviously supposed to be roughly NYC sized (being fictionalized versions). You basically double the amount of major metropolitan areas in the DCU, once you go through the list: Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone, Central, Star, Coast, Fawcett, probably more.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
The map is counting the population of speedsters, not the total city populations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

THF13 posted:

The map is counting the population of speedsters, not the total city populations.

still seems low.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

Metropolis Population 72,000 My rear end

Yeah, it's probably a lot less now after that laser beam. ;)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
At first I thought Hub City was maybe supposed to be DC Universe Detroit but turns out Detroit is there too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I said Venice but what I meant was "I don't know enough about food so here's an Italian city".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tree Dude posted:

At first I thought Hub City was maybe supposed to be DC Universe Detroit but turns out Detroit is there too.

Hub City is Chicago, or maybe St. Louis

Believe it or not I lean towards the latter

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also Gotham is officially in Jersey. :laffo:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chokes McGee posted:

Hub City is Chicago, or maybe St. Louis

Believe it or not I lean towards the latter

I feel the same way but with Central City.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Tree Dude posted:

Justice League Detroit is actually where Vibe/Cisco debuted.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

I feel the same way but with Central City.

I think Central and Keystone are usually portrayed as St. Louis and Kansas City respectively, or something like that (I'm not familiar enough with American cities to remember the exact analogues). One of them is the white-collar services sector city on one side of the river, while the other (I'm pretty sure it's Keystone - whichever one Wally is from in the comics) is presented as a blue-collar mid-western union town on the other.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's just Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas. They're right across the river from each other. I think we decided that's what Central City's analog is in a previous Flash thread.

...Though I guess it could be St.Louis and East St.Louis, but that doesn't fit as well considering East St.Louis' characteristics from the last several decades.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

East St. Louis is the Glades.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Star(ling) City was originally supposed to be Seattle, I think or at least generic PNW city.

iirc, the map was made by using the the population data in that area where the cities are located rather than by extrapolating from a similar major city. Essentially the creator is dumb, but the thing was made for school.

The Earth being bigger would explain how Kahndaq, Qurac and Bialiya fits in the Middle East and Markovia fits in Eastern Europe.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Didn't we see CC with a pretty significant coastline in a few episodes? I'm specifically picturing weather wizard tsunami.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
You guys have it wrong. The earth is the same size, but Vancouver covers most of the earth's surface. Everything else is just a suburb.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tree Dude posted:

Didn't we see CC with a pretty significant coastline in a few episodes? I'm specifically picturing weather wizard tsunami.
That's because Vancouver is by the river, so they can't really avoid it. CC is definitely located in Missouri in the comics though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah. The aerial establishing shots of Central City are all of Portland, Oregon, which is bifurcated by the Columbia River but well away from the coast.

Vancouver, meanwhile, is also built around a river, but situated on the coast too.

Basically, Central City is wherever the hell it needs to be geographically at any given time.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

lotus circle posted:

That's because Vancouver is by the river, so they can't really avoid it. CC is definitely located in Missouri in the comics though.

It's one thing to not avoid it and another to feature it prominently. I mean, whatever, it can be like Springfield for all I care. Just sayin'

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They seriously need to start instituting fines in the Flash writer's room whenever someone uses the line "I have to do this on my own."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hey it's that guy.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Even the Speedforce itself is sick of Barry's poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Barry, don't lie to the Speed Force.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Convenient the speed force looks like all the sets they've already used.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

why can't Cisco just vibe the drat thing

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hey, Black Flash got out of that vault from Legends!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"That was oddly satisfying."

Aaahahahaha.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

does Flash know Snart is dead?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I think he learned when the cross-over happened and the Legends came home.

HI FLASH DAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamn I miss Snart.

• Locked thread