Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

SC is NOT pay to win. Look at all this definitely not Gold ammo for sale for real money that isn't bought with real money but you have to buy currency using real money to buy missiles.

And furthermore...

Do missiles still crash the match in Arena Commander if you spam them? I stopped updating after 2.1 due to giant patches and lack of gameplay.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hav posted:

Damage control teams to revenue streams, Code blue Code blue!!!
Anyone in this thread who's still a revenue stream needs their loving head checking.

Except for Derek, him still being a backer is basically a masterwork troll job.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

Well, seeing those three PCs set up near a big TV and a printed background sure showed us lot

uh bro the exposed plywood also shows distinction and class like a vinegary red wine with a plate of fish that's gone off

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Lazrin posted:

i'll go back to lurking now, sorry to bother you all. sometimes the stupid is just too much to take.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

RubberJohnny posted:

So for more evidence that a 2.7 is coming and they're nowhere near ever having a 3.0, Boredgamer did a studio tour and what did he see?

Huh, 3 Moons? Wasn't 3.0 supposed to introduce 4 planets with like a dozen moons?

Huh, looks like Crusader, the only planet currently in the PU has three moons: Yela, Daymar and Cellin. Looks like instead of getting a whole system, they're just adding some procedural moons to the current area.

Looks like they're not even working on the other planets or moons for 3.0 internally at F42 at this point.

Also keep this in mind:

- There isn't actually even a planet yet - just the image of one - therefore it is not landable, and probably never will be. The farthest they're likely to get is a "landing zone" which will have a loading screen and be an instance, not actually a place on the planet proper (since there is no planet proper).

- Similar to above, there are no true moons either. Since you can't land on anything, and the images are just placeholders, whether or not they are "procedural" is rather a moot point, aside from leveraging the word "procedural" in order to pry more cash from backers.

- The map has no bearing on the actual entities in the PTU (such as they are). The PTU is a space backdrop and some copy/pasted assets scattered around the map at particular coordinates. It's the most they could manage, and considering how poor a job it is, it's likely to remain that way indefinitely. Expect a few more copy/pasted stuff in that play area as proof of progress going forward.

- None of this will matter once we have subsumption, network 2.0, persistence 2.0, and more ship pipelines get refactored. Once that happens, the game will just gel out of the primordial components and then it's just a matter of days to reach every stretch goal. Completionist packages have never been a better deal than they are right now - remember, CIG said that they are just now starting to research how some of their assets for the past 5 years might be made to work. They're practically finished!

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 14, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Speaking of lurking and terrible posting, where is Marching Powder?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Scruffpuff posted:

Also keep this in mind:

- There isn't actually even a planet yet - just the image of one - therefore it is not landable, and probably never will be. The farthest they're likely to get is a "landing zone" which will have a loading screen and be an instance, not actually a place on the planet proper (since there is no planet proper).

- Similar to above, there are no true moons either. Since you can't land on anything, and the images are just placeholders, whether or not they are "procedural" is rather a moot point, aside from leveraging the word "procedural" in order to pry more cash from backers.

- The map has no bearing on the actual entities in the PTU (such as they are). The PTU is a space backdrop and some copy/pasted assets scattered around the map at particular coordinates. It's the most they could manage, and considering how poor a job it is, it's likely to remain that way indefinitely. Expect a few more copy/pasted stuff in that play area as proof of progress going forward.

- None of this will matter once we have subsumption, network 2.0, persistence 2.0, and more ship pipelines get refactored. Once that happens, the game will just gel out of the primordial components and then it's just a matter of days to reach every stretch goal. Completionist packages have never been a better deal than they are right now - remember, CIG said that they are just now starting to research how some of their assets for the past 5 years might be made to work. They're practically finished!

c'est ne pas une planète.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Does he only own that one shirt?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Anyone in this thread who's still a revenue stream needs their loving head checking.

Except for Derek, him still being a backer is basically a masterwork troll job.

I really can't be arsed dragging $35 back out of this mess, and I get to laugh at the development with an actual client.

Well, laughcringe.

Edit: ^^^ Big'n'tall is not something you just pick up at Wal....okay, bad example, JC Penney's.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I wonder what the stimpire's lucky number is.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Acquilae posted:

I wonder what the stimpire's lucky number is.

She said it's 42

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

She said it's 42

nothing to do with hitchiker's guide of course

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lladre posted:

Where do you expect them to get the fabric for a second shirt?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

nothing to do with hitchiker's guide of course

No sirree, 100% original idea please do NOT archer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Scruffpuff posted:

Also keep this in mind:

Star Citizen doesn't have a star.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

XK posted:

Star Citizen doesn't have a star.

But what about the world famous Hollywood actress Sandi Gardiner?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Hav posted:

I really can't be arsed dragging $35 back out of this mess, and I get to laugh at the development with an actual client.

Well, laughcringe.

Edit: ^^^ Big'n'tall is not something you just pick up at Wal....okay, bad example, JC Penney's.

I'm pretty much in the same situation. One basic Aurora package, that's it. Most fun i had with the dumpster fire was ramming and stealing everyone else chariots in 2.0-2.1. Not even bothering to try Starmarine since you can get better fps action from free games like Dirty Bomb or Paladins. FFS Paladins complete game client is smaller than some SC patches.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lladre posted:

Tailored tents are expensive, and being a CRobber archivist obviously isn't well-paid since the high-CRobber himself has a lifestyle of girdles, toupees, and Porsches to maintain.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

The weapons breaking so readily would drive me completely insane. I can't even deal with it in the few let's plays I've watched.

The joycon controllers would also break my fingers, so that'd be another $70 for the pro controller.

I'd be over the moon to play it if somebody gifted it to me, though.

The glass weapons provide a lot of the combat dynamic since you can't just go with your favorite pointy stick and have to steal the monsters' weapons and the like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

Zelda's good

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

Hey spacenerds, No Man's Sky is on sale and they just added space trucks and a hoverbike or something and I'm kinda thinking of getting it. $32.57 on greenmangaming right now. I was gonna wait for it to drop below $30 but they've been really slow on discounting it. Thoughts?
if you like wandering around and sometimes seeing cool stuff, its pretty neat

if you're looking for deep gameplay its not there, although they have expanded it quite a bit since early launch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Seriously though who cares about space games :confused:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ME:A in a week

someone come punch aliens in the dick shoot aliens with me on multiplayer

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 14, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
LOL

Just had several of my posts deleted in the let's talk 3.0 thread for violating rule 3 (trolling), and rule 9 (FUD).

One of them was asking what Croberts and his wife draw as a salary.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheAgent posted:

ME:A in a week

someone come shoot aliens with me on multiplayer

someone post that silly disarm gif.

Seriously though, Peebee... WTF.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

someone post that silly disarm gif.

Seriously though, Peebee... WTF.
game gonna be bad

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheAgent posted:

game gonna be bad

no fidelity whatsoever.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

DANCEY CAT NO YOU'LL GET SO MAD

Shush, hopefully this will lead to new vidyas...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Warhawk109 posted:

LOL

Just had several of my posts deleted in the let's talk 3.0 thread for violating rule 3 (trolling), and rule 9 (FUD).

One of them was asking what Croberts and his wife draw as a salary.

I'm amazed they haven't nuked that whole thread to be honest. About 80% of folks in there are making GBS threads on the game.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Hav posted:

Well, laughcringe.

Did you know mocking something doesn't actually cost $35? Also emailing "refund me you cunts" is all the effort it takes.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I got permabanned from RSI for 10 years for 'calling CR dishonest.'

I said theres no way 3.0/2.7 comes out this year and CR knows it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The problem with releasing any game mechanics like mining has always been Chris Roberts promised they'd be amazing and as we all know the levels of incompetence at CIG are legendary.

You can fob people off with the flight model being poo poo, space combat being poo poo and FPS being poo poo because "hey we are still balancing and it's early days", once they put mining in and it's less interesting that swinging a pick axe in ultima online, the penny is going to drop for quite a few. Even moma might realise what a complete idiot he's been, sure they'll still have Lazrin but to be honest he deserves to believe right until the end.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I got permabanned from RSI for 10 years for 'calling CR dishonest.'

So you'll be allowed back during the beta

E:CT

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Golf swings as far as the eye can see.

It's going to be glorious.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

She said it's 42

And people wonder why I get hacked off when CIG craps all over stuff I like.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Roberts is gonna pull a Jonestown but its gonna be the best drat Jonestown ever

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Laugh now, but it will happen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Instead of a sniper it should a naked man that nipple jets over to you and dick punches you to death.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Chris foiled griefers pretty hard by not making the game at all. touché

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

Chris foiled griefers pretty hard by not making the game at all. touché

I think it is more so that Chris is the ultimate griefer. Taking millions of dollar for a fancy office and a tech demo, legendary in it's jankiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard