Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'd like more unique discoverable stuff but I dunno how that would work. The Koroks work really well but sometimes I want a unique item or something, like when I conquered the coliseum or adventured across the island chain named after Tingle and his gimp slaves. Don't get me wrong, the experience alone is well worth it and there's always a shrine... just something I trust Nintendo to develop cooler spins on if they keep working with this formula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone know a good spot to farm fireflies?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Anyone know a good spot to farm fireflies?
Kakariko at night is full of them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ok I swear I found a guy who'd buy raw gourmet meat from me but I can't remember where he is. Is it one of the stables??

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ok I swear I found a guy who'd buy raw gourmet meat from me but I can't remember where he is. Is it one of the stables??

It was at one of the stables, but I can't remember which one. Check your adventure log. I remember getting a side quest for it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAv9c8U2vXQ

nintendo just released a making-of short special

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the stable just west of the coliseum ruins. I used a treasure chest stamp to denote his value

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Kakariko at night is full of them

To further add to this just walk up to them instead of sprinting, sprinting will spook 'em.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i wanna say it was the stable north west of the plateau. don't quote me on this though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

the stable just west of the coliseum ruins. I used a treasure chest stamp to denote his value

it's called "outskirt stable" on the map. i was just there selling the guy wolf meat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

Kick rear end

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there's also a video from GDC. haven't watched it yet in case there's spoilers
http://gdcvault.com/play/1024562/Change-and-Constant-Breaking-Conventions

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gonna gently caress a Big Hog

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just checked my wii u activity log, i've played botw more in the past week than i've played any other wii u game combined in the past year. past two years if you don't include virtual console

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

i learned about 2 or 3 item interactions i haven't used once in about 30 hours of gameplay from the guy dicking around on the plateau, lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

try throwing the master sword whn you get it, this is so badass

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

How do I get money? Im too scared to sell anything beacuse idk what i will use for crafting etc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

How do I get money? Im too scared to sell anything beacuse idk what i will use for crafting etc

luminous stone is super commn and sells for like 70, thats most of how i make my money

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sell your gems. there's always more gems

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

post-zora's domain spoiler: is a lightscale trident really worth giving up a diamond for
i mean that's five hundred freaking rupees

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

sell your gems. there's always more gems

there's always more everything and it's great

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
common monster parts are the easiest thing to get. i sell off half my stack of bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos every few hours and it hasn't bitten me in the rear end so far. i also tend to sell amber and opals, because you get a lot of those through mountain climbing and exploring. i haven't really sold off my rarer gems yet, because i feel like i'm going to need them for upgrades at some point.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GameCube posted:

post-zora's domain spoiler: is a lightscale trident really worth giving up a diamond for

its a great weapon but you find better ones. none of the uniques are worth it tbh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've spent diamonds upgrading my Diamond Circlet and I don't really know why because it has the same stats as the ancient helmet without the set bonus. Fashion is important i guess

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

btw stamping certain big boys on the map makes it very easy to get rich when the blood moon rolls around

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

btw stamping certain big boys on the map makes it very easy to get rich when the blood moon rolls around

haha, that's a good idea. i didn't know stuff like that respawns. i have a friend on the plateau i may visit...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This game is really growing on me. Tbh I was so-so on it until I beat the first boss. But for whatever reason I'm starting to get into it now.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my horse disappeared last night. i jumped off my horse to fight some dudes and when i was done fighting the dudes, my horse was gone. gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

This game is really growing on me. Tbh I was so-so on it until I beat the first boss. But for whatever reason I'm starting to get into it now.

i fell in love when a random boko with a fancy sword killed me instantly

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

GameCube posted:

pretty sure its used along with another spear for crafting a Uber spear. or at least that was the vibe i got from an npc conversation i don't recall the location of so take that with a grain of salt

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Uncle Cuck

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Uncle Cuck

E: ^gently caress YOU!!!!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GameCube posted:

my horse disappeared last night. i jumped off my horse to fight some dudes and when i was done fighting the dudes, my horse was gone. gently caress

Your horse probably died in the fight. Seek the Horse God and make amends.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah i know its just weird that i didn't see it happen. maybe in my Sword Fugue i sworded my horse. oops

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

why do people keep saying uncle cuck

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

why do people keep saying uncle cuck

that is now rediscover's name

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

oh, that's kinda tragic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

oh, that's kinda tragic

Actually it's epic, epic for the win. I'm laughing right now as a matter of fact, from thinking about the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Uncle Cuck posted:

Actually it's epic, epic for the win. I'm laughing right now as a matter of fact, from thinking about the name

alright uncle cuckus settle down lol

• Locked thread