Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Some other video game YouTuber I've never heard of fell on his sword today. Apparently between two Patreons, they're pulling in 55k/month. He was the conservative pundit in their motley crew.

He got canned is expanding his business opportunities over a tweet on International Women's Day that was the most low effort poo poo on the planet. Also Gadsden flag twitter av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Colin '@NoTaxation' Moriarty is great and I guess his new career will be being the right wing's Hip Young Friend full time. The best part is he's a grown man who broke down crying when he got tested for gluten allergy because he 'fuckin loves pasta, man' and now calls others snowflakes.

oldswitcheroo posted:

Just followed Jeet today, is he as good as he seems to be based on today's sample size?

95% of his tweets are generic 'I'm a Democrat with a sense of humor and a not fragile ego' stuff. He's one of the dudes who looked at the election and went 'oh, we were real wrong, huh?' and actually listened to people and took his lumps instead of shouting about millennials betraying democracy or whatever.

GalacticAcid posted:

the problem is he pops off these really stupid numbered tweetstorms, sometimes on the most idiotic poo poo imaginable

yea but that's every ~politics nerd~ on twitter

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jeet once fired off 75 tweets about people in Canadian fiction loving animals and vegetables

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jeet once fired off 75 tweets about people in Canadian fiction loving animals and vegetables

Going to create a new account to follow him twice now. But why no minerals?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

oldswitcheroo posted:

Going to create a new account to follow him twice now. But why no minerals?

Apparently that's not as common of a trope

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SoupyTwist posted:

New Ep is out

That's a very good Gorka impression

My comedy weak point is 100 percent ridiculous poo poo being said in a booming upper class British accent

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hate jeet because I hate his dumb loving avatar.

thats it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is avatar is the poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Is avatar is the poo poo

you like blue titties?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you like blue titties?

I like goofy pictures that give you an accurate image of what the twitter user is like

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bluexit titties

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

I may have convinced a film studies professor to use that opening where Zizek talks about They Live and ideology in a film studies class. Does this make me a dirtbag leftist hack? Thish ish for me cashtration.

the course on film theory and criticism i took in undergrad used they live to talk about marxism, and this was nearly 20 years ago

Noise Police
Dec 22, 2007
This party is over

The best part about this is that, as a Canadian, I knew exactly what he was talking about...

SMP
May 5, 2009

jeet is good and gets better with every passing day.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/bijanstephen/status/841443070830882816

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SMP posted:

jeet is good and gets better with every passing day.

https://twitter.com/Cam_Oflage/status/841436293703716864
And for the record I love his goofy yellow submarine-rear end avatar

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Phone posted:

Some other video game YouTuber I've never heard of fell on his sword today. Apparently between two Patreons, they're pulling in 55k/month. He was the conservative pundit in their motley crew.

He got canned is expanding his business opportunities over a tweet on International Women's Day that was the most low effort poo poo on the planet. Also Gadsden flag twitter av.

Was it just that women's day attempted joke that did him in, though? I could have sworn the guy was already known for being a libertarian douchebag long before this.

Chapo should check out the JonTron/Destiny 'debate', it goes to some, uh, interesting territory.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/Cam_Oflage/status/837056419987775488

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
drat it we're losin' him

https://twitter.com/johnczahor/status/841488380382846977

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Naylenas fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 14, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

eh he made a pretty reasonable and non-controversial point

disagree though that pressing on trump's russia ties will lose him support from mccain and graham. they're just as much partisan hacks as anyone

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I got a new credit card and had to change my poo poo on Patreon, and holy poo poo I just noticed Chapo is bringing in nearly 50K a month. Makes me wonder what there plans are for the Chapo Media Empire.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

people all surprised that a "man" who spent five loving hours on a livestream with sargon of akkad might be a piece of human trash

shocking

my favorite part of this ridiculous horseshit has to be that his middle name is apparently literally aryan

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
I don't know of JonTron's oeuvre other than LPer w/ pet bird but the timeline in that gizmodo article seems way off since he was a gamergator talking poo poo about women to Tim Schafer on twitter in 2014 (!) and was interviewed by Breitbart a couple days after the election.

moller fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 14, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gamergate needed a new #notyourshield after Milo came out as a pedo.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

moller posted:

I don't know of JonTron's oeuvre other than LPer w/ pet bird but the timeline in that gizmodo article seems way off since he was a gamergator talking poo poo about women to Tim Schafer on twitter in 2014 (!) and was interviewed by Breitbart a couple days after the election.

the evidence that he's a huge piece of poo poo has been out there for a while now, but the completely off the deep end one step removed from literal nazi poo poo is pretty recent

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

^^^Colin '@NoTaxation' Moriarty is great and I guess his new career will be being the right wing's Hip Young Friend full time. The best part is he's a grown man who broke down crying when he got tested for gluten allergy because he 'fuckin loves pasta, man' and now calls others snowflakes.

Colin Moriarty is a precious man and we must protect him.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

I'm behind on eps since I decided to pick up the audiobook of Nixonland and blast through it again

its so sick. make sure you follow it w/invisible bridge

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The Crotch posted:

:911:

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

The Crotch posted:

I read GameFAQs only for the intros and dedications

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

The Muppets On PCP posted:

eh he made a pretty reasonable and non-controversial point

Yeah, but he used a numbered tweet thread so gently caress him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I've been hearing about this thing in #poligoon lately, and that blurb in the first post won me over. And Matt Taibbi has been on? loving hell.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

QuantaStarFire posted:

I guess what I'd like to see happen is for liberals to reassess their ideology, perhaps look at what the other side's been saying regarding abandoned factories and empty storefronts and poo poo, and translate that rhetoric into actual policy solutions that would help revitalize those communities. Instead, libs are convinced that they don't have to change and the solution is to just lib harder than before and hope for the best. There's no introspection, no taking a look historically at America and the West and gleaning insight from that history in an attempt to solve present-day problems, just stay the course and hope for better next time. It's insanity.

Also, I hate to ask this, but you do realize that liberals haven't had a president in charge since Carter, right? Obama was a centrist and so was Clinton. I guess those liberal Bushes were the ones wrecking things for honest hard-working Americans?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Carter was bad

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Apoplexy posted:

Also, I hate to ask this, but you do realize that liberals haven't had a president in charge since Carter, right? Obama was a centrist and so was Clinton. I guess those liberal Bushes were the ones wrecking things for honest hard-working Americans?
We don't mean "liberal" as in "liberal vs. conservative." Most of the rest of the world doesn't use the Fox News definition of liberal.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

"and all 30 of my other FAQs" lol

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

GalacticAcid posted:

Carter was bad

Carter's biggest misstep was treating the American population as a bunch of adults capable of understanding risk, vs. treating them like a bunch of whining babies who needed to be coddled and held.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Zas posted:

its so sick. make sure you follow it w/invisible bridge

I think my favorite tiny bit of it was Nixon's fascination with watching Patton

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Carter's biggest misstep was treating the American population as a bunch of adults capable of understanding risk, vs. treating them like a bunch of whining babies who needed to be coddled and held.

Carter began the trend of President's running away from a base progressive platform and intentionally muddying left wing legislation that had a strong chance of surviving Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

i would argue it was providing military aid to suharto when he was committing the east timor genocide but hey y'know different strokes