Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Why/how does JonTron have a huge budget and a team of writers / production engineers / marketing team? Who is bankrolling it and why? He puts out like 1 video a month and they don't really get enough views to warrant any of that.

I like his content in general (though I just unsubscribed) I've just never understood the economy of the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

fullroundaction posted:

Why/how does JonTron have a huge budget and a team of writers / production engineers / marketing team? Who is bankrolling it and why? He puts out like 1 video a month and they don't really get enough views to warrant any of that.

I like his content in general (though I just unsubscribed) I've just never understood the economy of the situation.

He has a pretty large subscriber count (for now) and he's connected to Maker Studios. They probably bankroll a lot of it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I only just realised I saw him in an h3h3 video without knowing who he was.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Your Computer posted:

Forgive me if I don't understand the ins and outs of videogame youtubes, but why couldn't they just tell him to shut the hell up during recording instead of recording a bunch of it and then having to drop it before releasing? Like that clip earlier where he just shouts the n-word over and over, why didn't his co-host just tell him "what the gently caress" and do the segment over again? Preferably also telling him to never do that again?

I think the commentary is recorded live instead of post, so they'd also need to replay that segment of the game and lose any good content they had recorded.

The actual solution ended up being not having JonTron in their videos.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

OldTennisCourt posted:

He has a pretty large subscriber count (for now) and he's connected to Maker Studios. They probably bankroll a lot of it.

I wonder if any of this will lead to Maker dropping him, like they dropped pewdiepie after his racist nonsense.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

whats wrong with abortion

Nothing per se, but knowing him it was probably some Steve King-esque "white genocide" bullshit.

Jippa posted:

I only just realised I saw him in an h3h3 video without knowing who he was.

Speaking of idiots on social media, and they used to be so good :sigh:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
People who are really into video games are usually bad people in my humble opinion

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e- wrong thread

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've never watched one of the streams on Twitch but I see them pop up often enough (and popular enough) to predict 'streamer walks around town doing random poo poo and meets wacky people and situations that are totally not staged at all, for sure' to be the next big thing now that one generation of kids are getting old enough to forget about Minecraft videos.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

I love my midwest family so much.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If the good old days were so good then how come we don't live in them anymore huh

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
People in rural areas and the burbs didn't take the streetcar to jack poo poo.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Woodburger posted:

I love my midwest family so much.

Wasn't there a big thing by automakers to reduce public transport, so that people would buy more cars?
Referring to the lower bit about streetcar and bus to school

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Insurrectionist posted:

I've never watched one of the streams on Twitch but I see them pop up often enough (and popular enough) to predict 'streamer walks around town doing random poo poo and meets wacky people and situations that are totally not staged at all, for sure' to be the next big thing now that one generation of kids are getting old enough to forget about Minecraft videos.

Well now the people that would do the for certain real "it's just a prank!" videos that weren't possibly staged took the idea of those ad-scamming "kids" videos of Spider-man and Elsa doing weird stuff and turned them into live action click-baiting videos and are making mad cash over them.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love the mention that the cashier is pierced and tattooed and that somehow makes him a worse person.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"We didn't have this green thing. Out cars ran fine on tetraethyl leaded gasoline,a good spritz of DDT took care of the weevil problem in the garden, and there was plenty of Thaliomide for expectant women!"

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Panfilo posted:

"We didn't have this green thing. Out cars ran fine on tetraethyl leaded gasoline,a good spritz of DDT took care of the weevil problem in the garden, and there was plenty of Thaliomide for expectant women!"

Don't forget all the asbestos you could eat!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In about 100 years we won't have the green thing any more. The thing I am of course talking about, is plants.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Serperoth posted:

Wasn't there a big thing by automakers to reduce public transport, so that people would buy more cars?

There was. Also this hypothetical old person might have ridden street cars at one point in her life, but after the war the entire streetcar system was in serious disrepair and instead of rebuilding it they tore them down because everyone had/wanted cars instead. They built the outer suburbs around the car and then all moved out there to raise their kids.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poo poo like this makes me amazed that women ever leave the house out of fear for their own well-being.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Who What Now posted:

poo poo like this makes me amazed that women ever leave the house out of fear for their own well-being.

Why do you think we go places in packs?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mak0rz posted:

I once came home to a dog turd on the floor. I didn't actually see the dog poo poo it but I guess it's a stretch to conclude that he did based on the evidence.

Prove that God didn't place it there to test your faith.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DicktheCat posted:

Hunting instinct?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DicktheCat posted:

:smith:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Huntersoninski posted:

JonTron also once argued that Samus didn't count as a major female video game hero because you couldn't tell she was a lady under her armor. Arin actually called him out on that one, but it did no good.

smh.

Anita made a whole episode for that argument and he goes and wastes it on a throwaway line?

smdh

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Hunting instinct?

This, also. It's best to prey on sick or weak members of the flock. Also, eat the stomach sometimes, because carnivores need more roughage than you'd think. I learned that from lions! Spread it to all your girlfriends.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Serperoth posted:

Yeah, but then judge doom copped a load of dip in the face.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The most annoying thing about the redpill and anti-feminist crew is that they will fall the most obvious fake poo poo ever and use it as proof of this nightmare SJW agenda.

You could mock up an MSPaint fake newspaper article about a woman demanding that all men have their cocks chopped off and they'd screech and try and make it national news.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

there wolf posted:

There was. Also this hypothetical old person might have ridden street cars at one point in her life, but after the war the entire streetcar system was in serious disrepair and instead of rebuilding it they tore them down because everyone had/wanted cars instead. They built the outer suburbs around the car and then all moved out there to raise their kids.

"Streetcar suburbs" were a thing in the US from the 1880s until the 1930s. Then everyone wanted a car. My grandmother and great aunt rode the streetcars into Boston for work every day in the nineteen-teens and early twenties.

So all of those people are dead now, is what I'm saying.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

"Streetcar suburbs" were a thing in the US from the 1880s until the 1930s. Then everyone wanted a car. My grandmother and great aunt rode the streetcars into Boston for work every day in the nineteen-teens and early twenties.

So all of those people are dead now, is what I'm saying.

Streetcars didn't start getting decommissioned en mass until the 50's so it's possible for someone who rode them as a child to still be alive and heckling cashiers. Unlikely and grossly hypocritical considering what brought and end to that kind of transport, but possible.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ambitious Spider posted:

This guy seems like a real winner. People are only now just turning on him?
He keeps all this poo poo off his YouTube channel. Just watching his videos you'd never know about any of it.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Serperoth posted:

there wolf posted:

The whole Cloverleaf plot in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was based on General Motor's National City Lines company gained control and oversaw the dismantling of the streetcar system in various cities across the United States, including Yellow Car in Los Angeles. They replaced the streetcars with buses and wanted to build a freeway / highway infrastructures.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

For a guy with last name Emoto that face is pretty deadpan

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/water-crystal.html

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Munchables posted:

For a guy with last name Emoto that face is pretty deadpan

Hah

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTRNjPTJJQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

But then what will we do with all the radioactive hemp? Somebody will try to smoke it and then we've got another superhero/villain origin story.