Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Has anyone said Force Pinkdia yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

TurboDrizzle posted:

How can you be anything but excited about a pink formula 1 car? Are you a grey and silver fetishist or something?

On a side note, i got a notice in my youtube subscriber feed about "F1 driver lineup 2017 confirmed (1 hour ago)" and thought "huh? I thought this was locked down months ago. Turned out to be a cool little well produced intro for all the drivers, almost like a network sitcom. Might be a fun thing for you to send to new people to the sport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7G6bdrGnS0

Makes me imagine f1 having an "intro video" like just another f1 show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2yvC3E8Hw

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/841351932992184320

What exact words do you think Sir Jackie used when he refused to be photographed standing next to the MCL32?

I'm amazed they put him with that piece of poo poo and not the MP4/4

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Reminds me of the Porsche le mans car from the 70s.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

gret posted:

Has anyone said Force Pinkdia yet?

Force Pinkier

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Force India 2017 MWCC

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Pink racecars: good
That pink racecar: ehhhhh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-sandbagging-a-worry-admits-red-bull-882738/

So are the shitlords at Red Bull genuinely concerned or trying a bit of reverse psychology?

Seeing Vettel and Hamilton going at it hammer and tongs this season is a tantalising prospect.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Even better, it will put Kimi and Bottas on the same bit of track more often. The immovable object meeting the other immovable object.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
THRILL as Kimi fails to pass just as hard as Valterri fails to defend.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

that's actually really good haha, nice one Force India

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol this owns, they sponsor cars in DTM too so it's a cool thing to see them in F1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
though it's also a reminder of this awesome Porsche 962

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Theophany posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-sandbagging-a-worry-admits-red-bull-882738/

So are the shitlords at Red Bull genuinely concerned or trying a bit of reverse psychology?

Seeing Vettel and Hamilton going at it hammer and tongs this season is a tantalising prospect.

Mercedes would rather have Vettel win

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I'm glad for the pink car, and am waiting to see how it looks in Singapore

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They'll probably get arrested for it in russia.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys look i fixed it

(Hire me Force India. You'll have a yellow car with snakes on it in no time)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Norns posted:

gently caress you Taki haters. This man is a gift

https://twitter.com/takiinoue/status/841632607104319488

How did I miss this

https://mobile.twitter.com/takiinoue/status/836561781422178305

https://mobile.twitter.com/takiinoue/status/828623763092754433

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 14, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry this is like George W Bush going on ellen and poo poo and trying to rehabilitate his ruined image. Taki might be a World Twitter Champion, but i wont forget how poo poo he was.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, Deletraz and Lavaggi were worse.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I simultaneously hate and like Taki for being an old man who doesn't how how poo poo his jokes are

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TurboDrizzle posted:

Sorry this is like George W Bush going on ellen and poo poo and trying to rehabilitate his ruined image. Taki might be a World Twitter Champion, but i wont forget how poo poo he was.

I don't get how a large contingent of you guys instantly discount somebody because they aren't a top driver. Yeah he was poo poo but atleast he has a sense of humor about it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't get how a large contingent of you guys instantly discount somebody because they aren't a top driver. Yeah he was poo poo but atleast he has a sense of humor about it.

For real.

I mean I'd rather hang out and have a beer with Taki than say, Lance Stroll.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Or Allen Berg.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

He was really bad but he's hardly the worst from that era. Maybe the worst to have a full season (although I'd give that honour to Rosset personally).

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

In fairness to Taki his issue was largely track marshals kamikazing into his car for no reason anyone could discern.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXEhf1pYtw&t=38s

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Marshal's car is badass.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do some people think that LMP1 is rivaling F1 in terms of prestige or health? It's a class with 2 works teams and a privateer team, totaling 6 cars.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
LMP1 will never rival F1 because nobody but diehard nerds wants to watch a 6+ hour race

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The most realistic assessment you could give it was that a few years ago when Nissan joined the series had real momentum. I think the F1 comparison came from the rules that made the cars sort of look like F1 cars with vanity panels and an enclosed cockpit, especially the Audi.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Are you loving kidding?

This entire thread is semi-fans talking about who is beautiful and whatever other ridiculous in-joke is popular. Who is the whiniest is a constant theme. It's got nothing to do with anything Formula One and everything to do with bullshit meme culture.

What do you expect, thoughtful insight based on years of experience?

A running joke here is the word fraud and how basically any driver can suddenly be a fraud because you don't like them. It's the loving worst thread man

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

As Cygni is fond of pointing out, endurance racing has always had pronounced boom and bust cycles. Le Mans just so happened to be booming at a time when F1 was beginning to show cracks.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I also want to point out that sportscar racing has historically been the domain of guys that couldn't quite cut it in F1.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

LMP1 will never rival F1 because nobody but diehard nerds wants to watch a 6+ hour race

See also: WRC

(thats why we like F1 instead. We are hipsters. We like neither motorsports basketball nor motorsports football. We are the hockey fans of motorsport)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

I also want to point out that sportscar racing has historically been the domain of guys that couldn't quite cut it in F1.

Except in the golden era when it was the domain of guys who also cut it in F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

They'll probably get arrested for it in russia.

Heh. This is actually true. gently caress Russia.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TurboDrizzle posted:

See also: WRC

(thats why we like F1 instead. We are hipsters. We like neither motorsports basketball nor motorsports football. We are the hockey fans of motorsport)

WRC has actually rivaled F1 for popularity though.

MotoGP is really the only thing that could conceivably rival F1 around right now and I don't think it will ever get that big because you'd probably lose 75% of the grid if you tried to increase the budget.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I always thought it was funny how Bernie insisted on running Baku against Le Mans and other poo poo like that against WEC because he is such an egotistical prick about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

WRC has actually rivaled F1 for popularity though.

Isnt WRC struggling for a TV contract and scrambling to change its format for whoever will listen? Honestly thats what i heard.

Which is fine, but i dont want f1 to follow its example and have sprinklers and shortcuts (or V6 hybrid engines)

• Locked thread