Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

that's like 2 spaceship jpgs, kickstarter should be good for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you literally make your living by making ads, dude. I don't think you get to complain about the half-truths advertisers use to sell their products

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

you literally make your living by making ads, dude. I don't think you get to complain about the half-truths advertisers use to sell their products

:owned:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
IDK how people can stand borderless monitors. Visual separation to reduce eye strain? Nah, who wants that? :downswords:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doc Block posted:

IDK how people can stand borderless monitors. Visual separation to reduce eye strain? Nah, who wants that? :downswords:

separation from what

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hifi posted:

separation from what

real life

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sagebrush posted:

Son,

We live in a world that has money, and that money has to be guarded by men with ads. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Sagebrush? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You adblock, and you curse the corporations. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That half-truth ads, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me making ads, you need me making ads. We use words like momes, chome, more corezzz. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent creating branded content. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very free websites that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a camera and shoot some ads. Either way, I don’t give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

Son,

We live in a world that has money, and that money has to be guarded by men with ads. Whos gonna do it? You? You, Sagebrush? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You adblock, and you curse the corporations. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That half-truth ads, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You dont want the truth because deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you want me making ads, you need me making ads. We use words like momes, chome, more corezzz. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent creating branded content. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very free websites that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a camera and shoot some ads. Either way, I dont give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

lol

burning swine
May 26, 2004

c:\users\pagancow\Desktop\ads_actually_good.txt:ins:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
can we at least agree that ads directed at kids are bad?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

Son,

We live in a world that has money, and that money has to be guarded by men with ads. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Sagebrush? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You adblock, and you curse the corporations. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That half-truth ads, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me making ads, you need me making ads. We use words like momes, chome, more corezzz. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent creating branded content. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very free websites that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a camera and shoot some ads. Either way, I don’t give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

this is extremely insulting to Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, Commanding Officer, United States Marine Ground Forces Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and to the Corps as a whole

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Perplx posted:

cross fiaaaahhh!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Perplx posted:

wrong thread

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Perplx posted:

it never ceases to amaze me that possers can shoehorn LF into virtually any topic. "hey guys let's talk about this one category of computer file formats" turns into "hm have u considered how capitalism psychologically influences children"

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Fyi closed source software is theft.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

otoh, open source software is garbage, so

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

capitalism is bad tho

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Doc Block posted:

what do border on monitors have to do with eye strain

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Fyi closed source software is theft.

what about closed governance

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pagancow posted:

Son,

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
i hope to one day Care About Things even half as hard as pagancow does

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

pagancow posted:

in a world...where numbers don't matter

one man, will stand up for the TITS

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

pagancow posted:

wtttffffffffffffffffffffff

WHAT ARE STANDARDS?

my thinkpad x220 tablet's ips display covers 67% of srgb

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Plorkyeran posted:

what do border on monitors have to do with eye strain

the border/bezel provides visual separation from the monitor's surroundings and whatever is behind it. ideally, the bezel should be matte black since your eye is drawn to lighter colors, and you don't want the bezel to compete with what's on screen.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they can keep making the monitor bezels smaller and ill let them know when they are too narrow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

the border/bezel provides visual separation from the monitor's surroundings and whatever is behind it. ideally, the bezel should be matte black since your eye is drawn to lighter colors, and you don't want the bezel to compete with what's on screen.

fat bezels fuckin suck and make equipment larger than it needs to be. plus when using multiple monitors it creates empty space between them that shouldn't exist.

altho i guess if ur 3d vision is so bad you get your display confused with the surroundings you might need some kind of additional device to provide separation.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

fat bezels fuckin suck and make equipment larger than it needs to be. plus when using multiple monitors it creates empty space between them that shouldn't exist.

altho i guess if ur 3d vision is so bad you get your display confused with the surroundings you might need some kind of additional device to provide separation.

if u don't want empty space between 2 monitors you can just pick up a 21:9 monitor. it's the yospos aspect ratio even

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the :9 is the worst

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my external monitor's bezel is shiny black plastic, so i put masking tape over it to cover the glare. goon engineering :banjo:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ive missed a good pagan cow rant

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 24 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Sagebrush posted:

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 27 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 24 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

aspect ratio is critical

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the :9 is the worst

21:10 :v:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
would buy

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it never ceases to amaze me that possers can shoehorn LF into virtually any topic. "hey guys let's talk about this one category of computer file formats" turns into "hm have u considered how capitalism psychologically influences children"

yeah, because lets loving unironically talk about file formats. lets just write post after post with serious content about laying out bits ~just so~, in our free time, because that is surely important and entertaining

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, because lets loving unironically talk about file formats. lets just write post after post with serious content about laying out bits ~just so~, in our free time, because that is surely important and entertaining

most fileformats started out with a good idea then the wrong people got in charge, this time will be different

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shaggar posted:

aspect ratio is critical

yeah

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

sorry about your rebranded tv panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

3:2 is the best aspect ratio, actually

• Locked thread