Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

NEETbug is the only good part of that evolutionary line :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Hey Leavanny is a good SoS searcher, with entrainment, false swipe, and aerial ace.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OgreNoah posted:

Hey Leavanny is a good SoS searcher, with entrainment, false swipe, and aerial ace.

It also makes clothes and that is adorable

Ghost Toast
Nov 4, 2005

Speaking of forgotten Pokémon, I'm on my first run through Moon right now and got my rear end handed to me by the Marowak fire trial totem Pokémon.

So I went and got a Finneon to train up. No one will ever see it coming.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anybody have a Sigilyph kicking around that they wouldn't mind parting with? I've been trying to get one off of GTS for days now, and everybody wants Legendaries or Cosmog for it.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

Anybody have a Sigilyph kicking around that they wouldn't mind parting with? I've been trying to get one off of GTS for days now, and everybody wants Legendaries or Cosmog for it.

I'll have to breed it and send it up to Moon from Alpha Sapphire, but if that's all right, I'll have one you can have!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

zonohedron posted:

I'll have to breed it and send it up to Moon from Alpha Sapphire, but if that's all right, I'll have one you can have!

That would be fantastic, thank you! My FC is 1908-2771-5337
I've got a Charmander up on GTS right now trying to get a pity trade for Sigilyph, but no bites so far.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

God Mode posted:

Speaking of forgotten Pokémon, I'm on my first run through Moon right now and got my rear end handed to me by the Marowak fire trial totem Pokémon.

So I went and got a Finneon to train up. No one will ever see it coming.

A Wishiwashi makes that trial trivial. Almost no training needed beyond getting it to Schooling form.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

poo poo man, I've got a bunch of them kicking around with Psycho Shift and Stored Power already on them. What can I say, I like the weird gimmick poo poo. Sounds like you're covered though? But PM if you change your mind.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

That would be fantastic, thank you! My FC is 1908-2771-5337
I've got a Charmander up on GTS right now trying to get a pity trade for Sigilyph, but no bites so far.

2552-1585-0571 (Katyushka) - Dreamsigil really didn't want to produce any eggywegs, but eventually she did and now her son Malvalona (named for where he finally hatched) is in Moon waiting for you!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Zombie Guy posted:

In the future, don't use GTS this way. Breed or catch something even moderately rare and Deposit it to the GTS, asking for a Sigilyph in return. You will get one within 24 hours, probably a lot less than that. The only trades that hang around the GTS for any length of time are the stupid ones asking for legendaries for common trash. The reasonable ones get snapped up almost immediately, leaving the stupid ones behind.

I would kill for a feature that lets you search GTS by what people want, and I've been saying that since the GTS was invented.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

zonohedron posted:

2552-1585-0571 (Katyushka) - Dreamsigil really didn't want to produce any eggywegs, but eventually she did and now her son Malvalona (named for where he finally hatched) is in Moon waiting for you!

Awesome, thank you!

Silver Falcon posted:

In the future, don't use GTS this way. Breed or catch something even moderately rare and Deposit it to the GTS, asking for a Sigilyph in return. You will get one within 24 hours, probably a lot less than that. The only trades that hang around the GTS for any length of time are the stupid ones asking for legendaries for common trash. The reasonable ones get snapped up almost immediately, leaving the stupid ones behind.

I would kill for a feature that lets you search GTS by what people want, and I've been saying that since the GTS was invented.

My experience with GTS was with OR, and things I'd put up would get traded fairly quickly. Since getting Sun, trades have been much slower.

Searching for what people want would be great, and I can't imagine why they don't have it.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

Awesome, thank you!

My experience with GTS was with OR, and things I'd put up would get traded fairly quickly. Since getting Sun, trades have been much slower.

Searching for what people want would be great, and I can't imagine why they don't have it.

You could get things you don't know exist that way - you could ask "who wants a Pidgeot?" and discover someone offering a Mime Jr for a Pidgeot even though you didn't know a Mime Jr existed. (It used to be that you couldn't search for anything you hadn't seen in-game, to prevent GTS from revealing new pokemon to you, and then someone pointed out, "What if someone's played six of the games already and knows Onix exist?" so now you can type in o-n-i-x and see if anyone's offering one.)

Edit: I looked to see if there were any Charmanders on the GTS seeking a Sigilyph, but no luck :v:

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 14, 2017

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

zonohedron posted:

Edit: I looked to see if there were any Charmanders on the GTS seeking a Sigilyph, but no luck :v:

Maybe someone actually traded me already?
I'll add you when I get home tonight, thanks.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I need to convince more friends to play this, so I can get some trade evolutions going. Need to evolve my feebas so I can try my hail team this weekend.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hammerite posted:

Forgettable cat

One goon's loss is another goon's gain. Check your PM's, homie.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Beastyfella posted:

I need to convince more friends to play this, so I can get some trade evolutions going. Need to evolve my feebas so I can try my hail team this weekend.

Join the discord server from the first post in the thread. People will help out.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U.T. Raptor posted:

NEETbug is the only good part of that evolutionary line :colbert:

Sorry pal, it's a bad Poke.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Now that I've seen that completing the Hoenn pokedex is rewarded with a poster for the wall, I kind of want to try doing that. Is there a spreadsheet out there with what pokemon are required to complete that dex? (I'm assuming I have to have all however-many, not just see them.)

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You do need to have at least had one at some point, but there's also another virtual picture frame for having one that came all the way from the original R/S/E too.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

zonohedron posted:

Now that I've seen that completing the Hoenn pokedex is rewarded with a poster for the wall, I kind of want to try doing that. Is there a spreadsheet out there with what pokemon are required to complete that dex? (I'm assuming I have to have all however-many, not just see them.)
It'd be easier to make an exclusionary list, that being all the Mythical [event-only] Pokémon (with the exclusion of Deoxys): Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are not required for Dex completion.

Edit: Magearna and Marshadow are Gen VII's event Pokémon.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

notoriousman posted:

It'd be easier to make an exclusionary list, that being all the Mythical [event-only] Pokémon (with the exclusion of Deoxys): Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are not required for Dex completion.

Bulbapedia has a page that lists all the pokemon necessary for the Hoenn dex. (I am not ambitious enough for the full national dex.) I want something I can use to track what I need to trade for next, what I don't need any more of, that kind of thing.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So, this next competition where all your Pokemon need to be holding a Z-stone... It never occurred to me before now, but does Water Bubble also double the strength of the Water Z-move?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rangpur posted:

So, this next competition where all your Pokemon need to be holding a Z-stone... It never occurred to me before now, but does Water Bubble also double the strength of the Water Z-move?

It does, yeah.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Rangpur posted:

Wait, for the next competition (the one that you can sign up for now), all of them need to be holding z-stones? It let me register a team with no z-stones this morning!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zonohedron posted:

Wait, for the next competition (the one that you can sign up for now), all of them need to be holding z-stones? It let me register a team with no z-stones this morning!

The z-stone thing is a different one. It's the opener for "next season"

edit: I kinda lost track on what the difference even is anymore. But the current mega stones one is for sure different.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

zonohedron posted:

Must mean the competition after that. I can't find any mention that everyone has to hold Z-Stones on this page: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/65b18aaf-bbe2-47fb-97c5-89034f8bd8d5

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's the one after the one that is this weekend I think.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry, yeah. Should have clarified. I didn't care enough about the Megastones to enter the next one.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

Silver Falcon posted:

The only trades that hang around the GTS for any length of time are the stupid ones asking for legendaries for common trash. The reasonable ones get snapped up almost immediately, leaving the stupid ones behind.
Even the stupid ones asking for a legendary get hits, I just got a Groudon for a Dewpider breedject. I've also gotten two Mewtwo's (one for my kid) and Articuno this way. I think I will keep asking for ridiculous legendaries as opposed to the proper use of the GTS for now.

Although you are totally right, this is not an ideal way to use the system.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When Moon came out, I got literally every version exclusive trade, including Legendary and UB, for a Sanshrew. Every single GTS trade I could think of would go within 2 hours for a Sandshrew. I have no idea why. But I would just sit and laugh at seeing people posting about 'breed the Castforms!' and all that, going out of their way to breed rare stuff.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Does Pokebank have a redeemable Pokedex? Curious about other ways to fill my National Dex, but only owning Pokemon Moon.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
FINALLY!

It took chaining 32 Bruxish to find a Razor Fang after resetting for 30 minutes to even hit a Bruxish out of a bubbling hole.

loving fishing in this game! :argh:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

zonohedron posted:

Ok I've added you to my friend list.
I haven't traded online before, so I'm not sure how it's done. Do we both have to be online at the same time?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

Ok I've added you to my friend list.
I haven't traded online before, so I'm not sure how it's done. Do we both have to be online at the same time?

Yeah, we do - one of us finds the other in festival plaza and asks to trade. If you're still around I can be online in about 20 minutes.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

zonohedron posted:

Yeah, we do - one of us finds the other in festival plaza and asks to trade. If you're still around I can be online in about 20 minutes.

Sorry I missed you. We'll have to try coordinating something tomorrow. I don't have PMs, but you can email me at praetorianzombie at gmail.

E: my 'mander is still on GTS. Dunno why you couldn't find it earlier.

The Zombie Guy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 15, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Man, when are they going to put Mega Heracross into SUMO?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That beetle has what it takes to be the very best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Must be a shop, Kabuto can't learn Cut.