Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Got my Rudy this morning, got my ace tanker within four matches.

But almost EVERY loving other match is tier 7 or 8, what in the hell? Is this a Rudy thing in general, or because of the Rudy influx today, or something? Are there so many today that they all get dumped into higher tier matches?
I mean, you have some options in a tier 8 match with the gun, but jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

(He is a reroll though.) :ssh:

Pretty sure "reroll" is only meant towards people making a new account to get rid of their old lovely stats and be a unicum RAPIDAMMENT!

I made the account to mess with the NA crowd during (after?) an election year, and I'm too lovely to be a unicum :downs:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Being pushed and the climbing up on top of mountains should really be a straight ban. That poo poo is retarded.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Allegedly new round of bans for NA server, anyone get hit?

Nope.
So that apparently makes the snap auto aim mod safe for now.

See Mcgavin for further details.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ELI PORTER posted:

The official forums are full of 45%ers claiming it's AWFULLY SUSPICIOUS no one from any TOP CLANS got banned

Except it is awfully suspicious - I've played against players in clanwars/tournaments who 100% were using treedown because they loving blindfired one shot into me as I drove over a line of invisible breakable items in the middle of Murovanka. Those players have never been banned, even though they 100% have been using treedown for months. That's also why I'm asking around here - a hell of a lot of people use prohibited mods (like autoaim+ or redball for people with arti missions to do) and I'm wondering if nobody here is getting hit, then maybe Wargaming just can't tell the cheaters from the regular baddies?

Spoiler alert, Wargaming has no method to detect if you're using prohibited mods.

thylacine posted:

Here's a video of when a scout tried to ram my artillery and flipped itself over instead:

https://gfycat.com/EuphoricCheerfulHagfish

holy poo poo that is a good punchline at the end there

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tundra is 100% safe.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

I had that one, the armor sucked balls...and went valley? Jesus gently caress. He was begging people to gently caress him

Well yeah, he responded in the Youtube comments and his rationale was the E5's turret armor...which still doesn't negate the uselessness of the valley.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Pretty sure "reroll" is only meant towards people making a new account to get rid of their old lovely stats and be a unicum RAPIDAMMENT!

I made the account to mess with the NA crowd during (after?) an election year, and I'm too lovely to be a unicum :downs:

I didn't mean that derogatorily, just in a "veteran makes a new account" statement of fact. Hell, I did my own non-stats reroll a while back.

Now that you mentioned it, you could rename yourself for maximum trolling opportunity by going with "President_Hillary" or thereabouts. :)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

"Hellsau_Did_Nothing_Wrong" would get a lot of the mediocre "good" players extremely riled up.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

Allegedly new round of bans for NA server, anyone get hit?

Despite Tullis' best efforts I have not been banned for whatever it is he accused me of.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

That's also why I'm asking around here - a hell of a lot of people use prohibited mods (like autoaim+ or redball for people with arti missions to do) and I'm wondering if nobody here is getting hit, then maybe Wargaming just can't tell the cheaters from the regular baddies?

I use the autoaim+ from the Aslan mod pack now and I believe it's technically legal again. It doesn't snap to the target so you can't use it behind buildings and rocks before you turn the corner.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

355 games played in my 1390 and still no mastery badge. Average WN8 2,728. What autistic rear end in a top hat is just playing the 13-90 all day and doing very well in it to keep me from getting my mastery badge.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NotWearingPants posted:

I use the autoaim+ from the Aslan mod pack now and I believe it's technically legal again. It doesn't snap to the target so you can't use it behind buildings and rocks before you turn the corner.

There's two versions of it. The legal one in aslain's pack that requires line of sight to autolock, and the old style one that just requires you click in the general area

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The T-34-85M is a hell of a machine. That thing is like the platonic ideal of a T6 medium.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Barry posted:

The T-34-85M is a hell of a machine. That thing is like the platonic ideal of a T6 medium.

I used to get made fun of for running it when I first started.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I just recently got it from the tankrewards thinger and have only played the buffed version but I really, really like it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I used to get made fun of for running it when I first started.

Because it was a poo poo tank until recently buffed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

I just recently got it from the tankrewards thinger and have only played the buffed version but I really, really like it.

Its a stronk tank now.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

BadLlama posted:

Its a stronk tank now.

Just played a game in it on that tiny map with the train track running through the middle of it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3427990#widepark-chillyrabbit-t-34-85m

Fired HE at a hellcat successfully, racked up 1.8k dmg and bounced 2 APCR rounds from a KV-1 using an 85mm. :feelsgood:

Still bonkers to me how the 85mm gets a high damage HE shell, where it is a legit choice to use to kill a hellcat in 2 shots not 3.

Ultron
Nov 12, 2005
Low in fat
Pansy dongholds have been going well, and we've almost had enough gays online to do Advances (we did one the other night, and didn't lose horribly.. although we didn't win either). Is it a Pansy revival!? :tutbutt: :gizz:

We just need these closet goons (i.e. xeus, hellsau, primelaw...) to man up, get hard, and join the fabulous clan. I doubt we'll ever do clan wars but if you like making credits, drinking pubbie tears, and shooting hot loads into tanks you should probably join!

:gay:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Against my better judgement I started playing this again. Got the Lago bought, I really like the line so far. What's the heavies like at the end of the Swedish line?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stringbean posted:

Against my better judgement I started playing this again. Got the Lago bought, I really like the line so far. What's the heavies like at the end of the Swedish line?

Underwhelming guns on absurd turrets. The tier nine in particular is not pennable hull down.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Stringbean posted:

Do you like being invulnerable to enemies while looking 12 degrees down from a hill?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i didnt do any damage but im happy, sat around the middle whole game all invisible and stuff http://imgur.com/zVE9VOg

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Is there a new mod out in the last week to help with blind firing? Twice now I've been nuked without my sixth sense going off by TD's in non obvious positions. Both times I hadn't even fired since re positioning.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Is there a new mod out in the last week to help with blind firing? Twice now I've been nuked without my sixth sense going off by TD's in non obvious positions. Both times I hadn't even fired since re positioning.

No new mods, but remember that sixth sense doesn't pop until 3 seconds after you've been spotted.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Define Blind Firing

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shooting at a tank that isn't spotted.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

there are mods that stick markers up where your tank was at, and allow you to shoot at it correctly

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Anyone have any strong opinions on where the T110E5 is at now post patch?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

its at tier 10 on one of the US heavy lines

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

McGavin posted:

No new mods, but remember that sixth sense doesn't pop until 3 seconds after you've been spotted.

I survived the first hit of the two encounters and my sixth sense didn't go off then. The 2nd time I got nuked by a Jgpze100 so I don't know if the sixth sense would have gone off, but I am 99% sure i wasn't spotted by anything. It was just two instances of being killed and going 'how in the????' I mean I'm sure I could have been really unlucky and a Jgpzr player decided to waste one of his shots in a purely speculative location that a TD would not normally be in.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

there are mods that stick markers up where your tank was at, and allow you to shoot at it correctly

My question was there anything that would give away my position if I hadn't been spotted, or indeed even fired. The first instance I was shot in the middle of an open field, before I'd even fired. I know theres stuff that tracks trees and scenery that you've run over, but I hadn't hit anything to do that either.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 14, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

I survived the first hit of the two encounters and my sixth sense didn't go off then. The 2nd time I got nuked by a Jgpze100 so I don't know if the sixth sense would have gone off, but I am 99% sure i wasn't spotted by anything. It was just two instances of being killed and going 'how in the????' I mean I'm sure I could have been really unlucky and a Jgpzr player decided to waste one of his shots in a purely speculative location that a TD would not normally be in.

My question was there anything that would give away my position if I hadn't been spotted, or indeed even fired. The first instance I was shot in the middle of an open field, before I'd even fired. I know theres stuff that tracks trees and scenery that you've run over, but I hadn't hit anything to do that either.

there are mods that will place a marker right on the target's gun barrel if the target shoots, is within view range, and is in your field of view

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

there are mods that will place a marker right on the target's gun barrel if the target shoots, is within view range, and is in your field of view

I feel I might need to bold this part because i've said it twice already. I had not fired since i had moved to that position

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

then no? how could you possibly shoot at someone if they havent shot or knocked anything over
that's the dumbest idea ever

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

I feel I might need to bold this part because i've said it twice already. I had not fired since i had moved to that position

Were there spotted tanks directly behind you in these scenarios?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

then no? how could you possibly shoot at someone if they havent shot or knocked anything over
that's the dumbest idea ever

are you having a stroke?

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Hopefully whatever was keeping clan invites from working got fixed. Can Gafencu get another invite to PANSY?

Also, tell me about the Japanese Heavy line. The O-I is a giant, pain in the rear end brick to pen with a bucket of HP and a brutal gun. (From what I can tell from personal experience and getting whapped by it.) I know the Types 4/5 are also super fat. These things appeal to me (Maus was the first line I completed,) but is the line generally fun to play?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

do you believe that there are magical mods that can just tell you where people are if they haven't interacted with anything?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Von Humboldt posted:

but is the line generally fun to play?

Now that the tier 9 and 10 have derp guns too, yes?

Their size and slow speed as well as some of the tanks having really bad ergonomics can be frustrating but it all goes away when you derp things for huge HE damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Were there spotted tanks directly behind you in these scenarios?

My platoon mate was close by, but he wasn't spotted either. He had been firing though, but it would have had to be a very big miss to hit me instead of him.