Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Please do NOT talk about Nier until Friday thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ok, enough is enough, this is going nowhere. Racism is bad, kids are dumb, congratulations. You're basically making this thread D&D for people who can't put enough effort to make a proper argument so they'll drop their hot takes in the games chat thread to feel better about themselves.

Shut up about things other than games for the next day. No people talk, just games. Talk about what games you play and what you like about them.

Make a Jontron thread if you want so that I can gas it in a week.

Thanks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this is me sitting in front of my ps4 patiently waiting for persona 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a combat battle log that's kind of a piece of throwaway data in Automata and it lists the active dates for a combat robot and also Highest Combo lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

this is me sitting in front of my ps4 patiently waiting for persona 5

I don't see a controller in those hands. You could be gaming.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, uh, all the video game stuff I can talk about anymore is Zelda and I don't think there's much I can say about it that hasn't already been said, so, uh, see ya later, chat thread. Enjoy games, they're pretty good nowadays.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Instead of talking about probably bad videogame guy Jontron hating the Moslems or whatever, let's talk about probably good videogame guy Drew Scanlon making a games/traveldoc series.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can't tell how near I am to the end of Horizon, it looks like there's a point of no return coming up but there's been a fake PONR before and a ton of hidden achievements still remaining, plus I keep discovering sidequests in new places.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

There's a combat battle log that's kind of a piece of throwaway data in Automata and it lists the active dates for a combat robot and also Highest Combo lol

"this is how many times I've juggled this rotund toy-looking rear end in a top hat"

I like that there's a compendium but I wish it had DOOM-levels of inane text for each robot

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Lobok posted:

I don't see a controller in those hands. You could be gaming.

Please don't forget about the ultimate game peripheral, the Kinect, that brought us great things like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

Well, uh, all the video game stuff I can talk about anymore is Zelda and I don't think there's much I can say about it that hasn't already been said, so, uh, see ya later, chat thread. Enjoy games, they're pretty good nowadays.

Serves you right, trying to have a general discussion about video games in the video games general discussion thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instead of all the cool new games I bought I'm playing Arkham Asylum for like the fourth time. I just got to Killer Croc and remembered how much I hate that bit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Palpek posted:

Ok, enough is enough, this is going nowhere. Racism is bad, kids are dumb, congratulations. You're basically making this thread D&D for people who can't put enough effort to make a proper argument so they'll drop their hot takes in the games chat thread to feel better about themselves.

Shut up about things other than games for the next day. No people talk, just games. Talk about what games you play and what you like about them.

Make a Jontron thread if you want so that I can gas it in a week.

Thanks.

Someone buy me the WiiU Breath of the Wild so I can enjoy video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that Batman remaster good, I thought people were saying it looked worse than the original or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

"this is how many times I've juggled this rotund toy-looking rear end in a top hat"

I like that there's a compendium but I wish it had DOOM-levels of inane text for each robot

Entries get more and more filled out as the game goes on and there's a lot of one-off encounters that have their own write ups which is neat. I usually don't care about stuff like that but the writing is pretty funny and occasionally touching

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why doesn't Amazon Prime give you the 20% off new games if you want a digital download code, wouldn't it save them money to not have to ship it to me? This makes no sense!

We got an Amazon gift card and now I have to pick between saving $12 on Andromeda or playing it at midnight. :mad:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

I can't tell how near I am to the end of Horizon, it looks like there's a point of no return coming up but there's been a fake PONR before and a ton of hidden achievements still remaining, plus I keep discovering sidequests in new places.

It took me about 62 hours to clear Horizon for the first time doing almost everything. I don't know if that includes the 2 hours I spent dying to the Stormbird in Pitchcliff on very hard before I even got to Meridian.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Is that Batman remaster good, I thought people were saying it looked worse than the original or something

It does, but other than that it's the same exact game so hey it could be worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

The characters look a little weird but everything else looks pretty good to me, though I haven't played the original version in years.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the legend of zelda: four swords adventures is

a good video game

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's literally just the male model stretched and squeezed over an hourglass figure, poo poo is batshit

You mean like the ME3 ending? :v: Heyoooooooooooooooo

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

precision posted:

Why doesn't Amazon Prime give you the 20% off new games if you want a digital download code, wouldn't it save them money to not have to ship it to me? This makes no sense!

We got an Amazon gift card and now I have to pick between saving $12 on Andromeda or playing it at midnight. :mad:

I picked up Nier, Nioh and Yakuza 0 in the Target Buy 2 get 1 Sale and it's terrible because I had to wait for shipping and now I own games on discs and digital codes seem like they'd be cheaper to the retailer :smith:.

e: first world problems

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I want to play a simcity/builder game where I look after a little town, what are some good games for that that aren't cities: skylines?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

suuma posted:

I picked up Nier, Nioh and Yakuza 0 in the Target Buy 2 get 1 Sale and it's terrible because I had to wait for shipping and now I own games on discs and digital codes seem like they'd be cheaper to the retailer :smith:.

e: first world problems

I'm assuming it has something to do with needing to clear out physical stock and there's probably some arcane reason on the game publisher's end too, like physical game sales look better than digital ones for some reason related to super outdated ways of accounting or something.

e: though considering you can't ever trade in or re-sell a digital copy of a game I would think they'd be offering discounts for buying digital constantly

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mordja posted:

Instead of talking about probably bad videogame guy Jontron hating the Moslems or whatever, let's talk about probably good videogame guy Drew Scanlon making a games/traveldoc series.

I'm not really sure how "travelogue + video games" works and having no idea who that guy is, his video wasn't really compelling :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey, to anyone that's far in Nier 2, is there ever a point of no return for sidequests?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Constructor HD remake comes out next month but that's more of a town-builder/strategy hybrid thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malek posted:

You mean like the ME3 ending? :v: Heyoooooooooooooooo

I will miss the sexual misadventures of EDI, a ship AI who literally becomes a fucktoy in ME3, but the additions of Catface Fatneck, Turtle Woman, Not Wrex, Hipster 30 to 50something Lady, Obligatory Non-white Human Broseph, and Peewee the Asari will surely fill the hole in my heart.

I miss warrior monk Thane, murderjoke Grunt, Quarian teenager, and Yvonne Strahovski already

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Palpek posted:

. You're basically making this thread D&D for people who can't put enough effort to make a proper argument so they'll drop their hot takes...to feel better about themselves.

That's just d&d

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hey, to anyone that's far in Nier 2, is there ever a point of no return for sidequests?

No. You will have the chance to complete everything in one file

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

raditts posted:

I'm not really sure how "travelogue + video games" works and having no idea who that guy is, his video wasn't really compelling :(

Maybe ur the real racist all along

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

It took me about 62 hours to clear Horizon for the first time doing almost everything. I don't know if that includes the 2 hours I spent dying to the Stormbird in Pitchcliff on very hard before I even got to Meridian.

I never found the play clock but that sounds about right. I've been playing solidly since release.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

No. You will have the chance to complete everything in one file

Okay good to know. I'm enjoying doing these sidequests but someone of them I want to upgrade and level myself a bit more before I tackle.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

precision posted:

The prime 20% off competes with a best buy program, I don't know if there's anything like it for digital games. The only thing I can think of is the 10% humble monthly discount and that's just PC games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

Okay good to know. I'm enjoying doing these sidequests but someone of them I want to upgrade and level myself a bit more before I tackle.

Some of them will definitely be brick walls too, level wise. I did the same thing and returned to them much later in the game and they felt much more balanced, fair and fun.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want to buy Nier but with Zelda and Persona I'm gonna have to wait on it. Gonna be buying that 1.5/2.5 Kingdom Hearts re-re-release cause I can't stop buying KH games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Some of them will definitely be brick walls too, level wise. I did the same thing and returned to them much later in the game and they felt much more balanced, fair and fun.

I did the black belt fight with the master and he was level 30 and I was 16 I think. I won by chugging potions but man oh man am I not going to his next form until I've leveled a bit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

an actual dog posted:

The prime 20% off competes with a best buy program, I don't know if there's anything like it for digital games. The only thing I can think of is the 10% humble monthly discount and that's just PC games.

I'm starting to think the Games industry doesn't make sense. As far as I'm aware, no publishers have even tried "buy our console game digitally and save tenbux" even though that should theoretically save them money later by having one less used copy out in the wild.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

precision posted:

I'm starting to think the Games industry doesn't make sense. As far as I'm aware, no publishers have even tried "buy our console game digitally and save tenbux" even though that should theoretically save them money later by having one less used copy out in the wild.

Buying download codes does not clear warehouses you want empty for other articles.

• Locked thread