Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Suck my CUNextTuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmini
May 5, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I got permabanned from RSI for 10 years for 'calling CR dishonest.'

I said theres no way 3.0/2.7 comes out this year and CR knows it.

CIG will release *something* called 3.0 this year.

It'll just be stripped of half the features that were originally advertised as being in it, plus it will be implemented as yet another short-term hack to show "progress" just like SM.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Then you see it, blood spattered on the door frame and dicks, freshly bruised dicks. The last thing you hear before you die is the sickening whoosh of nipple jets. You were his 3rd victim for the day.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

And people wonder why I get hacked off when CIG craps all over stuff I like.

No, pretty sure people don't care why you're weird and just wish you'd stop posting.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Yea just enjoy the show dude most people know its a scam at this point. Look at any r/gaming thread

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Does anyone have the link where Roberts stated that the game was a year into development during the kickstarter, and that's why he felt a 2014 release was possible?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

search Chris Roberts The Mittani

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

Anyone in this thread who's still a revenue stream needs their loving head checking.

Except for Derek, him still being a backer is basically a masterwork troll job.

Since this thread is actually the most informative source of Star Citizen news on the internet a lot of people read it, even without admitting it openly.

RSI has years of insularity bred into it with rampant banning and constantly meltdowns from the backers that live there. Any criticism at all is surprising so you are weighted with a huge bias from all the people with a lot of money in the game desperate to convince themselves and you that everything is better than fine.

Reddit has the vote system which is used to keep things like discussion and criticism hidden, or they outright delete threads if they start getting upvotes since the moderators there are the same ultra-pro RSI people that will not allow dissent.

Both reddit and RSI are about maintaining an image of a dream that is real.

We are almost universally negative toward the game and make nonstop jokes about it but if someone is sufficiently mature enough to read things they don't agree with without becoming a wilting flower that has to post a 40,000 page rebuttal on reddit then they can find occasional gems like in-depth explanations of the refund process, leaks that consistently are proven to be true, and in-depth explanations of the game development process.

Hell we even had baristas come in and explain the coffee machine.

If you sort through the nonstop shitposting and the people that live in this thread you've had things like

- Chairgate, where we found and archived the actual reason for the ship change and how it was lied about
- Transcripts of 10FTC which were word salad nonsense
- Breakdowns of the furniture and company expenditures with what information is available publicly
- stat nerds modeling income from the tracker
- Public rebuttals and actual discussion about the things CIG and it's most prominent defenders say
- Breakdowns of how the demos are made
- Doorgate, where we found out that the "Garage door opener hand painted by employees" was five figure contractor deal
- Us making fun of Derek

We have the 24 hour news network problem though where nothing is going on 99% of the time and people like samizdata stare into the abyss too long but tons of people lurk and archive this thread even if it's way more noise than signal. So theoretically it would be watched / engaged with in an official capacity since we've led more than $100,000 in refunds from this thread.

If they are paying people to put out hundreds of hour long podcasts that get 12 views for years at a time and paying some guy to suffer through thousands of hours of the 5 minutes of gameplay then I don't see why they would ignore this thread since it's the perfect counter to the "DREAMS" line by constantly heckling it.

AutismVaccine posted:

Speaking of lurking and terrible posting, where is Marching Powder?

Marching Powder went full B_from_inforedux. Pulled a Rorschach Puppet Master "I'M NOT POSTING HERE WITH YOU, YOU ARE ALL POSTING HERE WITH ME" meltdown where he went on a tirade about how he was using us as entertainment and we were the backers to him. He disappeared after that.

AP posted:

No, pretty sure people don't care why you're weird and just wish you'd stop posting.

" excuse me but maybe you would like an in-depth explanation on why I went crazy, again.........."
:goonsay:

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 14, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure "incuriously" isn't the word Gremlich meant to use.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MilesK posted:

Did you know mocking something doesn't actually cost $35? Also emailing "refund me you cunts" is all the effort it takes.

Depends if your mocking something relies on python scripts diffing the client. I have higher standards than some.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Doorgate was my favorite part of the thread. I had no idea all the work that went into a sliding supermarket door, nor how much they cost.

I like it when experts come in and explain industries completely different than my own.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I have a feeling we might have killed his capital ship in Eve. He's got a relatively huge hateboner.

The best one in STO was when you could invade people's bridges. Many, many dance parties were thrown.

I'm fairly proud to be part of such a productive group, although I have no idea where those fuckers are hiding.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Warhawk109 posted:

LOL

Just had several of my posts deleted in the let's talk 3.0 thread for violating rule 3 (trolling), and rule 9 (FUD).

One of them was asking what Croberts and his wife draw as a salary.

Do you have a link to the thread?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

I have a feeling we might have killed his capital ship in Eve. He's got a relatively huge hateboner.

The best one in STO was when you could invade people's bridges. Many, many dance parties were thrown.

I'm fairly proud to be part of such a productive group, although I have no idea where those fuckers are hiding.

Mine was when we figured out that romulan specials damaged people in friendly space, so we were nuking peoples bots that were parked on the battlefield all day and killing people with all of these elaborate buffs they would take like 20 minutes to give themselves from all their other characters on different instances of the game so they couldn't be king badass for a scheduled battle.

That or finding furries roleplaying "Glomping" in Quarks bar and tossing out disco balls and ruining their "immersion." I think one time at deep space 7 I happened to get instanced with an entire group of grognards that were roleplaying being an entire bridge crew. They went through elaborately detailed motions roleplaying entering the bar, ordering a drink, discussing their mission. So my 2 foot tall dual wielding badass jumps onto the counter and throws out a disco ball and they all start involuntarily dancing to it. Good times.

Those people just melted down, but this guy apparently has been griefed out of EVE and STO by goons, had a mental breakdown, and has concocted this elaborate conspiracy theory that we are somehow making CIG look stupid and photoshopping bugs, refunds, and things like Sandi's emails or RSI posts because they make his new favorite game look bad.

I'll feel a little sorry for the desperate idiots that wanted a dream to be happy, but this guy and people like him that have some kind of weird investment in finding a refuge against griefing I won't care about when this collapses.

It isn't that I picked a bad project to be fanatical about! It's about internet gangs! Deceitful, all powerful, unstoppable internet gangs that are only being held at bay by the valiant and strong Chris Roberts and his magnum opus Star Citizen in stores sometime!

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 14, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/374420/lets-talk-about-3-0-status/

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Quavers posted:

Its now heavily truncated.

What's funny is that in other threads that have been policed by the mods, they use strike-throughs, and show edited by a mod. With mine they are just straight up disappeared, with no mod post in the thread. No telling how many others had it done to them as well.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Is he the guy who originally penned the 'stimpire' text? I'm noticing some very similar sentance structures and general weirdness going on there. :D

I'm apparently an EvE goon, even though I preyed on Goonswarm pilots as I based near one of their systems up north, they put up the best and most fun fights, BoB pilots just used to dock and station hug. :shrug:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Gmail started classifying RSI emails as spam over here. Hope that's global.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Warhawk109 posted:

Its now heavily truncated.

What's funny is that in other threads that have been policed by the mods, they use strike-throughs, and show edited by a mod. With mine they are just straight up disappeared, with no mod post in the thread. No telling how many others had it done to them as well.

Extra funny bit: It is goons (mostly Beer) that talked the mods into doing strike-throughs instead of deletes when policing a thread; but mods continued to delete *problematic* forum posts. But when you call them out on that habit, they point to their behavior about strike-throughs, denying it ever happened.

Also curious: I got my refund a month ago but my account is still active. I was looking forward to seeing the the "account deleted" on my semi-popular thread.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hot drat, didn't realize we have a 10ftc today. Not sure on the time, not listed in the commlink.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
where do these people dream up this stuff

also there's so much false information about me out there and I have no idea where it started. I work for CIG or have worked there. I used to work with chris roberts at origin and hate him. I am a game designer for derek smart. I was leader of an EVE group or a mechwarrior clan or something

I'm just a fat dude hittin 40 who likes to play video games and drink beer

speaking of which, I recommend to every and anyone of legal drinking age Dark Side of the Sun by Pure Project Brewing. fuckin amazing stuff. watch yourself though its like 10.5% abv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
its not quite as good as Yoga Pantz and Naughty Sauce from Noble but you can get it more places

also noble is right down the way from me, gently caress y'all haters

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Phi230 posted:

Roberts is gonna pull a Jonestown but its gonna be the best drat Jonestown ever

Robertstown 2017 2018.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Then you see it, blood spattered on the door frame and dicks, freshly bruised dicks. The last thing you hear before you die is the sickening whoosh of nipple jets. You were his 3rd victim for the day.

The horror. The horror.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

So far so good

Everything normal nothing to see here

100Kb/s with over 200 connections. Are they opening a tcp stream per loving packet?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Beet Wagon posted:

DANCEY CAT NO YOU'LL GET SO MAD

I still use Dancey Cat Hoedown as my alarm in the morning. :3:

Don't you feel a fool...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

I remember playing EVE and running "inconvenience ops" where a bunch of suicide frigates would find AFK ice miners in Jita and alpha strike them. The miner fits were so bad that they could be taken out by a swarm of cheap missiles, and all it took was one salvo to kill everything. The best part was that as op lead I just ran round in my stealth ship guiding the horde of newbies and then scooping up the loot.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Have we successfully screenshotted and posted the whole of reddit yet?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I remember playing EVE and running "inconvenience ops" where a bunch of suicide frigates would find AFK ice miners in Jita and alpha strike them. The miner fits were so bad that they could be taken out by a swarm of cheap missiles, and all it took was one salvo to kill everything. The best part was that as op lead I just ran round in my stealth ship guiding the horde of newbies and then scooping up the loot.
eve is a bad game

thanks for listening

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Nice thread title, what did I miss?

cat.jpeg is getting refactored

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently these were the questions that received the most votes in whatever this 104TC thing will be today, but of course that doesn't mean they'll actually pick them. Anyway here are the questions and my guesses about the answers:

Will there be autopiliot for example in my freelancer traveling from point a to z, can I set autopilot and get up and move around?
Yes.

Will we need to qualify for a job, earn a certain amount of rep, or will it be as easy as having the right ship?
The game is supposed to have a rep system that gates off content like missions and ships.

With the recent progress update on the Prospector, is it safe to assume that we will have ship based mining to some degree with the launch of 3.0?
LOL if you think mining will actually be in 3.0.

can you give us information about the “minigames“ of mining. You said Mining will not be a point and click profession. What will be needed to be a decent miner?
Expect a comprehensive, utterly boring answer from Tony punctuated by Chris being irritated at someone else stealing the spotlight.

Will we get to mine liquids and gas with the Starfarer in patch 3.0?
LOL if you think anything will actually be in 3.0.

Regarding cargo hauling, can you clarify how the loading and unload of ships will work(?)
Expect Chris to wave his hands for five minutes.

With 2.6 and 2.6.1 Star Marine has started to introduce destructible props in the game. Shattering glass, explosive barrels and etc. The most recent monthly report mentioned that the team was looking to add more props and items that can be destroyed in the game. Presumably this work will carry into the Persistent Universe. Have you put any thought into how destroyed props will be restored in the Persistent Universe? Example being, if a player could shatter the glass windows in Port Olisar, how would the game "reset" to a point where the windows are replaced.
LOL at presuming anything about this shitshow.

Are there any plans on cargo loading of the bigger ships such as the Hull series of ships and is the loading at a space station, or even planetary, going to be automatic or will we have a specialized small cargo loading ships similar to the Argo to load manually if we choose to.
Since there are two questions that were highly voted about the same topic I guarantee you both will be asked.

Will Items and Cargo on Planets be in a visible Storehouse or will they "dissapear" somewere?
Expect Chris to wave his hands for five minutes while using this as an excuse to talk about immersion, fidelity, narrative, and a bunch of other random poo poo that has no meaning.

In both cargo running and mining, what types of hazards can we expect? Understandably, there will be the threat of pirates, but what other dangers will we run into, i.e., hitting a combustible methane vent while mining, or the consequences of a container malfunction during transport?
The biggest hazard will be the risk of an aneurism when the backer discovers that the actually implemented mechanics are nothing like what has ever been discussed.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Rabbi T. White posted:

100Kb/s with over 200 connections. Are they opening a tcp stream per loving packet?

It's unbounded, so it'll open as many connections as will saturate the link.

Not 'some' or 'enough to handle QoL' but 'all'.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

Nice thread title, what did I miss?

Gremlich is the gift that keeps on sperging.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Space Crabs posted:

I'll feel a little sorry for the desperate idiots that wanted a dream to be happy, but this guy and people like him that have some kind of weird investment in finding a refuge against griefing I won't care about when this collapses.

I actually think that obey-the-fist is a goon. He's a little too on-point, but I haven't figured out who.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

where do these people dream up this stuff

also there's so much false information about me out there and I have no idea where it started. I work for CIG or have worked there. I used to work with chris roberts at origin and hate him. I am a game designer for derek smart. I was leader of an EVE group or a mechwarrior clan or something

I'm just a fat dude hittin 40 who likes to play video games and drink beer

speaking of which, I recommend to every and anyone of legal drinking age Dark Side of the Sun by Pure Project Brewing. fuckin amazing stuff. watch yourself though its like 10.5% abv

There has to be a reason why you are providing inside information that makes CIG look incompetent and explains why the game looks bad.

I mean we all know 100% that it's all fake and you have ulterior motives because the dream is real. That's not in question, so what we really need to do is theorycraft why you are trying to lie about Star Citizen. Which is good and real. And coming out. And real. And good. Which isn't in question.

Since I apparently have a decade old PTSD from EVE online it makes sense you are part of the shadowy cabal of organized gamers I dream is around every corner, which can be tied to other permanently scarred people from other games that encountered goons in them.

So we know you are really.....Carol

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently these were the questions that received the most votes in whatever this 104TC thing will be today, but of course that doesn't mean they'll actually pick them. Anyway here are the questions and my guesses about the answers:

This is good, I like this.

Will there be autopiliot for example in my freelancer traveling from point a to z, can I set autopilot and get up and move around?
Yes. (This answer is just too obvious)

Will we need to qualify for a job, earn a certain amount of rep, or will it be as easy as having the right ship?
Let me get out MS Word and whip up a resume. The NPCs are going to call me back and schedule a job interview. Here's my references.

With the recent progress update on the Prospector, is it safe to assume that we will have ship based mining to some degree with the launch of 3.0?
Yes. (3.0 has everything)

can you give us information about the “minigames“ of mining. You said Mining will not be a point and click profession. What will be needed to be a decent miner?
You're going to have to hunt down resource rich sources, then get in there and pick through specific producing veins, blow by blow. Might even have to hire contractors for detail work. We'll implement it kind of like Sudoku.

Will we get to mine liquids and gas with the Starfarer in patch 3.0?
Yes, of course, you'll be able to suck them right up into your tank.

Regarding cargo hauling, can you clarify how the loading and unload of ships will work(?)
Uhhh, you can do it all by hand? If you get bored of that, NPCs!

With 2.6 and 2.6.1 Star Marine has started to introduce destructible props in the game. Shattering glass, explosive barrels and etc. The most recent monthly report mentioned that the team was looking to add more props and items that can be destroyed in the game. Presumably this work will carry into the Persistent Universe. Have you put any thought into how destroyed props will be restored in the Persistent Universe? Example being, if a player could shatter the glass windows in Port Olisar, how would the game "reset" to a point where the windows are replaced.
We're going to have NPC repairmen. Also, you can have the in-game profession of being a repairman. The glass glazier mechanic is currently in progress. It will be an open market, players or NPCs can hire you to fix their windows.

Are there any plans on cargo loading of the bigger ships such as the Hull series of ships and is the loading at a space station, or even planetary, going to be automatic or will we have a specialized small cargo loading ships similar to the Argo to load manually if we choose to.
You'll be able to hire stevedores, all will be solved by Subsumption!

Will Items and Cargo on Planets be in a visible Storehouse or will they "dissapear" somewere?
Everything is real and tangible, always and forever. You can watch your delivery of apples go to market, and witness the NPCs buying and eating them.

In both cargo running and mining, what types of hazards can we expect? Understandably, there will be the threat of pirates, but what other dangers will we run into, i.e., hitting a combustible methane vent while mining, or the consequences of a container malfunction during transport?
Methane won't combust in the vacuum of space Goonie. Container malfunctions will be a real thing though. Every single object you transport as cargo will have some fractional probability of breaking apart, then one of the people playing as an insurance adjuster will have to assess the claim and have a sit down meeting with you.

XK fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 14, 2017

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Hey guys, guys! Remember when Toast said right after the new year that certain evocati would begin testing 3.0 very, very soon ?

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey remember when you couldn't fly your spaceships but the devs spent time and effort making a fishtank for you to look at?

Give a man a digital fishtank and he won't eat for a day (because he bought digital fish to go in it lol)

Give a man a refund and he'll eat for life (because he spent it on a cool rear end fish murdergun)

You have a fish murder gun and I get flak for capturing a Mako that produced enough steaks so 8 of us could eat for days? :negative: