Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

triplexpac posted:

Dave interrupting his own UFC review to chime in about Yujiro's valet is amazing

Bryan got excited too.

Then I watched the show and got excited as well.

Those camera angles are bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
You like women like that?

Yeah but, I'm not going to Japan for it

I'm going to Japan. But, not for her!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Alan BStard posted:

The song in today's Bryan and Vinny is absolutely worth checking out if you haven't.

I don't listen to the Sunday B&V shows, could I have a timestamp for this song?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Dave is a Billy Jean King truther.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

AlmightyPants posted:

I don't listen to the Sunday B&V shows, could I have a timestamp for this song?

43:00

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

urghhhhhhhh NJPW's representation of women is so loving bad. Haven't listened to the show yet, but from the last few posts it sounds like Dave's okay with Yujiro despite his gimmick being incredibly misogynistic and his valets being represented so loving grossly. Yujiro can gently caress off, and so can Taichi while we're at it.

e: actually, while we're on this subject, https://twitter.com/wrestlingsexism/status/841434191636123648

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 14, 2017

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I mean yea... of course, that person would find it bad.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
NJPW ain't woke

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

wagnike2 posted:

They're not wrong, though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Retracted

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 14, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

wagnike2 posted:

Just don't put that account under the same microscope that account puts others under.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject obviously.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Maria's done with the company. poo poo was incredibly blatant when she was around

Maria knows exactly what she's doing and makes a lot of money off it, so more power to her. She's super savvy.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Maria's done with the company. poo poo was incredibly blatant when she was around

love when liberal woke attitudes towards feminism come down to shaming and making GBS threads on women for doing what they want to do with their lives

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
*in extremely friendly male ally voice* uhhh.... fuckin whORE!! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON WHAT WOUDLD YOUR FATHER THINK

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Under the vegetable posted:

*in extremely friendly male ally voice* uhhh.... fuckin whORE!! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON WHAT WOUDLD YOUR FATHER THINK

I see

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Aren't his valets all idols or video girls or whatever it's called over there? Like they are professional sexy women...

The guys gimmick is pimp/sexy man. What is the problem?

Also I don't think Dave supports the gimmick as much as he was in awe of a very attractive woman.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
you know, it's just so offensive that maria kanellis and those professional japanese models feel like they can make their own choices. they should be tied up and have rocks thrown at them.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

you know, it's just so offensive that maria kanellis and those professional japanese models feel like they can make their own choices. they should be tied up and have rocks thrown at them.

I don't think anyone is saying that? There's a difference between "gently caress whores for dressing scantily" and "the only female representation on this show is either evil homewrecker or literal prostitute and it's kind of a bad look for the company"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I support women's equal pay for women.

(Women make more than men in the realm of being attractive or performing sex)

Not like that.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I don't think anyone is saying that? There's a difference between "gently caress whores for dressing scantily" and "the only female representation on this show is either evil homewrecker or literal prostitute and it's kind of a bad look for the company"

Ding!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Go RV! posted:

"At least Maria is done with the company" is quite a different statement than "I wish Maria had been portrayed a bit differently when she was there."

Maria makes really good money doing what she does and some of the attitudes towards her are very similar to the attitudes toward Sable when people found out how much she made.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

"At least Maria is done with the company" is quite a different statement than "I wish Maria had been portrayed a bit differently when she was there."

Maria makes really good money doing what she does and some of the attitudes towards her are very similar to the attitudes toward Sable when people found out how much she made.

That's true but neither statement is anywhere close to HURDUR THROW ROCKS AT WOMEN WHO DRESS LIKE WHORES!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Tr33 posted:

That's true but neither statement is anywhere close to HURDUR THROW ROCKS AT WOMEN WHO DRESS LIKE WHORES!

the first one comes from the same place. hatred of women disguised as being a protective ally is commonplace.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

the first one comes from the same place. hatred of women disguised as being a protective ally is commonplace.

I got what you meant, but lol glad you edited that I was seriously going whaaaaaa?

Edit: For what it's worth I don't think that's what ChrisJames2 was getting at, but I'll let him clarify if he wants. But I won't deny that yeah there's plenty of poo poo bags pretending to be allies in that scene.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 14, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Tr33 posted:

I got what you meant, but lol glad you edited that I was seriously going whaaaaaa?

im just mashing on the keyboard and my brain doesnt work good.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Is Nick Mullen booking New Japan now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If the solution to solving sexism in NJPW is "fire Yujiro" I support it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

MassRafTer posted:

If the solution to solving sexism in NJPW is "fire Yujiro" I support it.

amen.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
attractive women make me... Uncomfortable

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am offended that New Japan potrays women as otherworldly pretty, but don't give the same treatment to the prettiest person on the roster, Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Maria knows exactly what she's doing and makes a lot of money off it, so more power to her. She's super savvy.

I was under the impression she had no say or leverage in the role she played in the company during her time there. That isn't exactly uncommon a situation. If I was completely off the mark with that, I apologize completely and retract my original statement.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Arrianne Grande is a famous pop star and she's doing Yujiro a solid for walking out with him. I think they're high school BFFs or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The-the-there-there-there-there's this... um... fascination, like, with putting baby! In a, like, a c-c-corner, y'know what I mean? Like, wow!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Frankly I'm more concerned that Nikki Bella has been so bad with her finances that she can't afford pants, and WWE are too stingy to provide her any :smith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
maybe she's just trying to catch Randy's attention so that she doesn't end up marrying a robot

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm legit surprised NJPW doesn't have a women's division, though idk if theyve ever tried or not.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

love when liberal woke attitudes towards feminism come down to shaming and making GBS threads on women for doing what they want to do with their lives

yeah this reminds me of the Stroud thing when the "Give Divas A Chance" in some corners of the internet turned into "gently caress these dumb bimbos who get pushed because of their look", because no bad male wrestler was ever pushed because entirely because of his look

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Can we agree at least that that kind of limited representaion of women in NJPW is pretty bad?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Women aren't in New Japan because they've proven they can draw on their own and don't need to be midcarders in a men's promotion in order to be relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm legit surprised NJPW doesn't have a women's division, though idk if theyve ever tried or not.

Because historically there are men's promotions and women's promotions in Japan.

• Locked thread