Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Is this one going to be retractable too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I paid millions for the ability to put chairs and tiny portraits of Revan on Tattooine, then on Yavin. Shia has nothing on my wild outdoor art experiments.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

First stronghold I picked up on the two servers I play on was Nar Shadda because I love the Las Vegas gaudiness and planned on picking up another stronghold once I got the Nar Vegas one all unlocked and filled. When they put the DK and Coruscant ones on sale during the anniversary, had to snag those because the price was too good. Once I eventually get the Darth Andeddu armor set, I'll look into saving up for the Tatooine and Yavin locations. I'll probably go for the Zakuul one just because I do like the art deco style Zakuul has.

As far as decors go, for Nar Vegas, I'm setting it up as a showplace packed to the ceiling of souvenirs of where my characters have been with various people milling around kinda like one of those 60s-70s era big do kinda parties where it's a whole mix of people attending. Not a clue how I'll do the others yet. I know if I wanted to I could just throw stuff anywhere for the bonus, but there's something about the strongholds that brings out the old original Sims player in me and despite never really being into playing with dolls or dollhouses, drat if this game just keeps bringing out the urge to play dress up and dollhouse in me.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You know what we need next though? Custom, modular speeders that you build how you want to look.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd settle for having speeders that nothing clips through.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

What are you guys doing for credit farming? I'm still going through the story (on Chapter 9 of KotFE ) and have just been sending my companions out on Treasure Hunting lockbox missions and vendoring the results. Are people margin trading on the GTN? Running dailies? Selling Cartel Market stuff?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Benthalus posted:

What are you guys doing for credit farming? I'm still going through the story (on Chapter 9 of KotFE ) and have just been sending my companions out on Treasure Hunting lockbox missions and vendoring the results. Are people margin trading on the GTN? Running dailies? Selling Cartel Market stuff?

I do a mix of heroics grinding and the occasional hypercrate flipping. I don't think doing the lockbox missions have been profitable for a while.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someone accidentially put up an ISO-5R requisition for 1.1 mil instead of 11 mil. It's mine now :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Someone accidentially put up an ISO-5R requisition for 1.1 mil instead of 11 mil. It's mine now :)

Nice snipe! I once got a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits instead of the 20+ million it was worth!

Oh wait, no, I got that backwards, I once *sold* a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits. :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Now if only the ISO-5R had a customization that made it look gold like the one in Toborro's Courtyard.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I once got a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits instead of the 20+ million it was worth

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I once got a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits instead of the 20+ million it was worth

Hahah yeah right. I whispered the dude immediately after and congratulated him. He offered to send me some extra money (though nowhere near what it was worth) and I told him "Nope, you win this day. We'll meet in a warzone some day!"

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it me or is this droid companion much more efficient at healing/shooting poo poo than the storyline companions?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hahah yeah right. I whispered the dude immediately after and congratulated him. He offered to send me some extra money (though nowhere near what it was worth) and I told him "Nope, you win this day. We'll meet in a warzone some day!"

That was pretty sporting of him, at least. Good to know not everyone's a jerk in this game

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Nice snipe! I once got a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits instead of the 20+ million it was worth!

Oh wait, no, I got that backwards, I once *sold* a Volatile Conqueror's Saberstaff for 27 credits. :(

While normally I'd laugh at this, Lord knows I've made bigger mistakes with mailing stuff. Lesson to be learned, make sure whoever you're mailing stuff to is friended to make sure there's no typos when filing in the To box.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

While normally I'd laugh at this, Lord knows I've made bigger mistakes with mailing stuff. Lesson to be learned, make sure whoever you're mailing stuff to is friended to make sure there's no typos when filing in the To box.

Haha that reminds of one of my old favorite pastimes, instead of selling trash I'd mail it to random people with a note like "Thanks for helping me!". Never got a reply but I like to think there was some confused looks here and there.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Haha that reminds of one of my old favorite pastimes, instead of selling trash I'd mail it to random people with a note like "Thanks for helping me!". Never got a reply but I like to think there was some confused looks here and there.

At around tax season I sometimes send random people 500-5000 credits via mail with the title "Tax Refund from the Imperial Revenue Service". No one ever responds either :(

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

^ edit: Going from what my fiance says working State Tax & Rev, it might be they don't want to question the refund in case they have to return it.

Medullah posted:

In my case, at least it was a shitload of green crafting mats for a friend to grind his crafting on. It could've been worse, like a fuckton of blue or higher crafting mats.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Green mats are way more valuable then blue mats!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I like to drop very rare items on people who have obviously new accounts and impress me in lowbie PvP.

I queued a Jugg in Tier 1 for about 8 hours Saturday and in nearly every one of those WZ's the same Mara was in my group...they beat me in damage done in a couple of WZ's the only person to do that all day. Towards the end of the evening they whispered how much they enjoyed having me in their groups (lots of wins) so I mailed them two Volatile Derelict Lightsabers.

Not like that little poo poo that whispered profanities to me for 20 minutes because after bragging all WZ about how much damage they were doing and how much everyone else sucks (after I berated him for not playing objectives) it ended up I beat him 2.8m to 1.6m.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's one of the reasons I get sad PvPing with my Operative. I'm not being conceited when I say I won a match for the group, whether it be planting a bomb in a stalemate Voidstar, sap capping a Hypergate on the last round with ten seconds left, etc, etc, because my damage is mid tier I get the occasional "loving do some damage next time". I really need to get in a regular premade because soloing is depressing.

The other day I was in a Novarre Coast, and I rushed to our node and capped it. As I was capping I see two enemies headed my way. I shout out for help twice as I distract as best I can, but of course one was a Merc so no god rolling to safety. Die, shout out again "if no one is at our node we just lost it". Enemy caps, a minute later someone says "WTF dude I thought you were capping East????". I almost punched my monitor.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh I hate Voss. It's such a crap planet after Belsavis. Much less atmospheric and the locals are annoying.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They put Lightning Tuning up for sale. 1800CC.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They put Lightning Tuning up for sale. 1800CC.

Yeah that is going to be fantastic resale for anyone that wants to make some credits. Those were selling for 70-150 million credits, and unlike most cartel items they can't be added to collections so if people want two, they need to buy two.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wow I've got like 6000CC burning a hole in my pocket, time to get space rich

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

McSpanky posted:

Wow I've got like 6000CC burning a hole in my pocket, time to get space rich

Cheapest one on GTN right now is 180 million. If it stays that price it goes to 100,000 credits per cartel coin. I'm assuming price will drop for a little while at least, but if you hold onto it for a bit...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
See, that's still a sizeable chunk of CC for an item but also infinitely more reasonable than the arbiter price. It's also a fantastic tuning:

Works really well with the volatile saber there.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:aaa: I never realized there was a daily that let you farm up your own Tauntaun mount.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

:aaa: I never realized there was a daily that let you farm up your own Tauntaun mount.

Which one is that? The Oricon one?

You can also grind out this one in a single (potentially long) sitting: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-guide

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Y'all missed out on the best mount, the Festive Tauntaun!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Ugh I hate Voss. It's such a crap planet after Belsavis. Much less atmospheric and the locals are annoying.

I remember doing Belsavis in full, travelling and doing all quests plus the Dread Master awakening stuff. I think after all that, Voss is better.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is there a place to easily get left side armor pieces while leveling? I know they come from easily soloable heroic quests but I don't want to overlevel too much (yes I know that's okay, I'm just being obstinate and weird about it).

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is there a place to easily get left side armor pieces while leveling? I know they come from easily soloable heroic quests but I don't want to overlevel too much (yes I know that's okay, I'm just being obstinate and weird about it).

There's a Gree next to the Skill Mentor on Fleet that sells an item that turns off the XP bonus otherwise crafting or GTN.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This game needs a faster production schedule. There's almost no way they are going to come out with new content fast enough to keep me engaged.

They really wrote themselves into a corner with the VO stuff. I honestly wish they had just done it classic KOTOR style. Imagine how much time and money they would have saved had they not made the PC characters speak.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

This game needs a faster production schedule. There's almost no way they are going to come out with new content fast enough to keep me engaged.

They really wrote themselves into a corner with the VO stuff. I honestly wish they had just done it classic KOTOR style. Imagine how much time and money they would have saved had they not made the PC characters speak.

They did move toward that with the alliance recruitment missions, and so many people whined and moaned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That is no longer their goal. They're okay with spikes when stuff comes out.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

They did move toward that with the alliance recruitment missions, and so many people whined and moaned.

The only problem with that was how abrupt the change was from what we had grown used to. Now I don't mind any of the letterboxed non chat dialogues.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

I thought it was great, but I also think SWTOR overall is a big departure in the wrong direction from KOTOR. It just doesn't feel like the same setting most of the time. The closest you ever get is on the Sith tomb planets.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I just did part of KOTFE (up to reaching the alliance stuff on Odessen), and I have to say I actually really like it and want more.

I'm not really seeing why it's so polarizing though, but I'm guessing that I still have a lot more to see, but I can't see it turning into utter garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Colgate posted:

I just did part of KOTFE (up to reaching the alliance stuff on Odessen), and I have to say I actually really like it and want more.

I'm not really seeing why it's so polarizing though, but I'm guessing that I still have a lot more to see, but I can't see it turning into utter garbage.

It's polarizing because it -

a) Cemented the game as a single player game with some minor multiplayer options

b) Did not continue the distinct storylines that Vanilla SWTOR started - the Jedi Knight's KOTFE story is nearly identical to the Sith Warrior's, for example.

c) (Edit) A lot of people don't like KOTFE/KOTET because it doesn't focus on Sith vs. Jedi, which is what Star Wars fans want.

Now, most of the players play this game for story, so a lot of people were fine with the cinematics. But a lot of people play SWTOR as a MMORPG, and the game has drifted away from being a MMORPG since 4.0. 5.2 looks to be the start of adding more MMO content back, but it's too little too late for a lot of people.

• Locked thread