Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zore posted:

People here fetishize ME2 to a really weird degree.

Who would have guessed a lot of people in a Mass Effect thread love the best game in the series? if 1 had better combat or 3 wasn't rushed this might be different but I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Nova wasn't in ME2 so how could it be the best

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Don't forget all the copy and paste buildings in 1, or the fact that Liara basically only existed to further the plot/get the writer out of the corner, like Troi in early TNG.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Director Tann voice acting is loving gold

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What the hell? I just checked and Origin is using nearly 1gb of ram. Also I can't update it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

:ea:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Spacebump posted:

Who would have guessed a lot of people in a Mass Effect thread love the best game in the series? if 1 had better combat or 3 wasn't rushed this might be different but I get it.

2 was so restrictive though and had arguably the worst insanity in the series.

Making everything have shields or armor and then making shields and armor provide immunity from most of the fun powers was the worst. It also incentivized bringing along garbage squadmates by gimping the cool ones (see: Miranda v. Mordin). Also had a small selection of weapons and locked 3 classes to pistols only until 2/3rds of the way through the game. Or the all or nothing Paragon/renegade system which was at its absolute worst.

It did a lot of things right, but mechanically it is hard to go back and play.

Also loving locking Legion to endgame is inexcusable :colbert:

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 14, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ahahahaha there's an ominous glowing BLUE rift in the sky this time lolol.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What the hell? I just checked and Origin is using nearly 1gb of ram. Also I can't update it.

I have a dream

A dream where Origin never loving existed and they just used Steam, a far better program

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Origin has never ran poorly for me, actually their tech support has been super helpful + responsive compared to Steam.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

exquisite tea posted:

Origin has never ran poorly for me, actually their tech support has been super helpful + responsive compared to Steam.

Same. They've also had some (minor) features well before Steam did (like offline messaging).

E: The issues with the lower right corner of the screen were annoying as gently caress though.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 14, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Origin was fine for ME3 but I had to use it for Titanfall 2 and it's gotten a loooot worse

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh man the leader of the whole fleet went out scouting lmbo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Are we talking about the same Origin that literally did not have a functioning password reset system for years, necessitating esoteric workarounds involving creating a SWTOR account to reset ones password?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

PureRok posted:

I'm going to play this game and more than likely enjoy it.

m... mods?!?!?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I have also only had good experience with them. I've never understood the anger at them for not using Steam. I don't care if they use it or not, it's not like they're charging to use Origin. UPlay on the otherhand...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are we talking about the same Origin that literally did not have a functioning password reset system for years, necessitating esoteric workarounds involving creating a SWTOR account to reset ones password?

What on earth are you talking about?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well while I was able to download files, I am still not able to install them. Origin keeps asking for permissions from administrator, and no amount of administrator privileges or running as Administrator or compatibility modes or reinstallation or cache clearing or .NET Framework updates seems enough to get me past this point. :suicide:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Schubalts posted:

What on earth are you talking about?

A problem Origin had as recently as 2015 and as early as 2013. Origin and Uplay are both terrible programs.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Oh man the leader of the whole fleet went out scouting lmbo.

Do you also complain when Kirk and Spock are on the same away team?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

A problem Origin had as recently as 2015 and as early as 2013. Origin and Uplay are both terrible programs.

i've never had this problem but ok

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw Ryder running in the casual section. I liked how her body shifted when running around a corner. The run animation is so much better than ME3.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So are people playing yet? What's the initial verdict?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AngryBooch posted:

Do you also complain when Kirk and Spock are on the same away team?

Only if a red shirt dies

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

game looks good

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

poisonpill posted:

Initial analyses indicates that we are dealing with a Third Person Shooter game with RPG Elements set in a sci-fi setting, and that is possible to play as a hideous creature with appropriate settings applied in the character creator.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ein Sexmonster posted:

[...] but then you get polygon_doom.wmv and you question how they even complete games.

Holy poo poo, I looked up some of those videos and that is unreal. That's like on the level of "can't chew gun and walk at the same time".

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

poisonpill posted:

GOTY for sure

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

poisonpill posted:

I picked up Origin Access and from what I can see is I can play on the 16th. But a bunch of people are streaming so we're watching those. I like what I see so far but it'll be better to understand once we actually have our hands on the controls.

Edit: Just saw the part where they were checking out planets in a solar system and I don't know if the cinematic zoom is a hidden load screen or not but that could get to be a bit much. Hopefully you can skip.

Shard fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 14, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lobok posted:

Holy poo poo, I looked up some of those videos and that is unreal. That's like on the level of "can't chew gun and walk at the same time".

The problem isn't with Polygon, it's that your expectations of the aptitude of video game reviewers is too high

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lobok posted:

:laugh:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

http://kotaku.com/five-hours-in-mass-effect-andromeda-is-overwhelming-1793268493

Kotaku, I know, but it's something to read.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i cant even read the word kotaku without remembering this :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZKoTfY84sU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What can I say? Had DOOM on the brain.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Game gonna be good gonna play the good game gonna... enjoy the game that is good.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hope this game has good boss fights.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Well while I was able to download files, I am still not able to install them. Origin keeps asking for permissions from administrator, and no amount of administrator privileges or running as Administrator or compatibility modes or reinstallation or cache clearing or .NET Framework updates seems enough to get me past this point. :suicide:

What are you trying to install? ME:A isn't available for preload yet is it? I signed up for origin access but my andromeda just says "preload available on the 17th" which i'm sure can't be true since I paid $5 like a winner to play it on the 16th (and also saved $6 on the preorder so actually, I'm smart)

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I'm irrationally annoyed that DadRyder bought a massive chunk of rock he was sentimental about on the ark.

If I hear one word about weight limits having been a thing then my word I'll be angry at that Ryder.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lobok posted:

What can I say? Had DOOM on the brain.

Whatever happens with ME:A, we can always just play doom again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Deakul posted:

Game gonna be good gonna play the good game gonna... enjoy the game that is good.

This guy right here, he gets it.