Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

its not quite as good as Yoga Pantz and Naughty Sauce from Noble but you can get it more places

also noble is right down the way from me, gently caress y'all haters

I, for one, would be most hesitant to drink anything labelled "Yoga Pantz" good sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MedicineHut posted:

Hey guys, guys! Remember when Toast said right after the new year that certain evocati would begin testing 3.0 very, very soon ?

Good times.

That reminds me of when I pointed out that Ben said any ships after the Valiant or whatever weren't actually going to be worked on or put into the game at release since they had to pick a point to stop so they could get something out so all the new concepts are months or years after whenever this releases, because he literally said that.

MoMA, the guy who is out $8,000 into the game, apparently didn't know that, argued with me and smugly declared that due to "optimized pipelines" he would be in the current concept ship he had bought a bunch of by the end of 2016, which never happened.

Can someone find that quote from Ben, It was on the RSI forums I think or maybe a ATV. We posted about it in the last thread but It's incredibly important information that becomes more and more important as we are now like 8 months/6+ concepts later than the last time a backer tried to deny the fact and are probably at 2+ years for whatever the next concept is sold to be available after release.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:pedo: Show me on the doll where the bad goon touched you

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

AutismVaccine posted:

Speaking of lurking and terrible posting, where is Marching Powder?

:smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYOYSG2VW4

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Lladre posted:

Does he only own that one shirt?

He has a closet full of cabana shirts made from two lesser such shirts sewn together with such skill that the joinery does scarcely show at all

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
With 2.6 and 2.6.1 Star Marine has started to introduce destructible props in the game. Shattering glass, explosive barrels and etc. The most recent monthly report mentioned that the team was looking to add more props and items that can be destroyed in the game. Presumably this work will carry into the Persistent Universe. Have you put any thought into how destroyed props will be restored in the Persistent Universe? Example being, if a player could shatter the glass windows in Port Olisar, how would the game "reset" to a point where the windows are replaced.
Hmm interesting question. Obviously the most difficult and impractical way to solve this would be to have some subsumption AI logic that figures out when props get damaged or destroyed, then send an NPC out with a replacement. The animation for mopping up the mess would be simple enough, but would also require complex animations to replace every type of prop like panes of glass. That kind of system would be nearly impossible, but it also would add a lot of fidelity and immersion, so we're gonna go with that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Next they should work on shattering expectations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Will there be autopiliot for example in my freelancer traveling from point a to z, can I set autopilot and get up and move around?
Ummmm ... uhhh.... yes ummm...it wont be as simple as in elite......uhhh...it will contain...uhhh.....fidelity

Will we need to qualify for a job, earn a certain amount of rep, or will it be as easy as having the right ship?
short answer yes long answer it depends on uhhhhh....ummm....gear......uhhh.....ummm...having the right ship for ..... uhhh....ummm....fidelity

With the recent progress update on the Prospector, is it safe to assume that we will have ship based mining to some degree with the launch of 3.0?
ah... yes...maybe....uhh....umm....mining.....immersive...uhhhh....ummm....buy ships now. Continues effort to fund holida...uhhh...ummm.development process of star citizen.

can you give us information about the “minigames“ of mining. You said Mining will not be a point and click profession. What will be needed to be a decent miner?
ah yes. we had to upgrade the design document lately ....uhhh...ummm... its now this fantastic mechanic...uhh...ummm where uhhhhh...ummm you have this meter and uhh.....ummmm and......uhhh.... its this kind of immersion swing mechanic.

Will we get to mine liquids and gas with the Starfarer in patch 3.0?
uhhh....ummm.....not initially......uhhh...ummm but it is cool idea and we will look upon it on future...uhhh...ummm maybe 3.2

Regarding cargo hauling, can you clarify how the loading and unload of ships will work(?)
uhhh....ummmm..uhhhh..ummm...buzz.....immersion.....uhhh...ummm...subversion......uhh...ummm.....fidelity.....uhhhh.....ummm...real.....uhhh....gameplay first.....uhhh....ummmm....uhhhh..ummmm...uhhhh and thats about it.

With 2.6 and 2.6.1 Star Marine has started to introduce destructible props in the game. Shattering glass, explosive barrels and etc. The most recent monthly report mentioned that the team was looking to add more props and items that can be destroyed in the game. Presumably this work will carry into the Persistent Universe. Have you put any thought into how destroyed props will be restored in the Persistent Universe? Example being, if a player could shatter the glass windows in Port Olisar, how would the game "reset" to a point where the windows are replaced.
uhhhh......ummmmm....uhhh...fidelity.....uhhh..uuumm.....fidelity......uhhh..ummm.....persistence....uhhh...ummm.....repair service....uhhhh.....ummmm......lawsuit....uhhhh....ummm....firm.....insurance......uhhh...pays....fidelity...cost...uhhh...ummm and i think thats answers that question

Are there any plans on cargo loading of the bigger ships such as the Hull series of ships and is the loading at a space station, or even planetary, going to be automatic or will we have a specialized small cargo loading ships similar to the Argo to load manually if we choose to.
uhhh..uummm....yes...uhhhh....ummm....but not in first release.....uhhhhh....ummm....framework......uhhh...ummm...refactor.....uhhh.....ummmm

Will Items and Cargo on Planets be in a visible Storehouse or will they "dissapear" somewere?
uhhh.....ummm...item container willl..uuuuhhhh....ummm...instance.....megamap.....uhhh...ummmm...fidelity....uhhh...ummm....refactor.....uhhh......ummmm.....yes....uhhh....ummmm.....maybe not....uhhh and thats answers it i think.

In both cargo running and mining, what types of hazards can we expect? Understandably, there will be the threat of pirates, but what other dangers will we run into, i.e., hitting a combustible methane vent while mining, or the consequences of a container malfunction during transport?
uhhh..uummmm.....fidelity......uhhh.....ummm....pirates....uhhh...ummm weak against law enforcement.....uhhh....ummm pvp slider refactor.....uhhh...ummm did i mention fidelity?.....uhhhh....ummm cargo toxic.....uhhh....ummm space mafia making meatballs out of you...uhhhh ummmmm..ummmm ikea.....uhhh...ummm fidelity...uhhhh...ummm

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Space Crabs posted:

Can someone find that quote from Ben, It was on the RSI forums I think or maybe a ATV. We posted about it in the last thread but It's incredibly important information that becomes more and more important as we are now like 8 months/6+ concepts later than the last time a backer tried to deny the fact and are probably at 2+ years for whatever the next concept is sold to be available after release.

Speaking of which from this weeks commlink...

quote:

Before that happens, Cherie Heiberg takes the hot seat in this week’s Quantum Questions, including dropping a major hint about our next concept ship coming down the pipeline, and Thursday’s ATV brings us the monthly studio update from the UK studio, which is always certain to impress.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

You have a fish murder gun and I get flak for capturing a Mako that produced enough steaks so 8 of us could eat for days? :negative:

You know how beet is

Next he'll be complaining about my dolphin jerky :rolleyes:

I mean it tastes like poo poo but man the admiring stares I get at the pub (all male admittedly)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You know what else would feed Moma and 7 of his friends for days?

a refund that's what

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You know what else would feed Moma and 7 of his friends for days?

a refund that's what

10 thousand bucks is barely enough for him to drink for a day.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Unless he counts Ben among his friends, in which case hours maybe

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

trucutru posted:

look dude you can't just wash your endangered shark down with potato sweat

Also a good whisky is an investment

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Space Crabs posted:

That reminds me of when I pointed out that Ben said any ships after the Valiant or whatever weren't actually going to be worked on or put into the game at release since they had to pick a point to stop so they could get something out so all the new concepts are months or years after whenever this releases, because he literally said that.

MoMA, the guy who is out $8,000 into the game, apparently didn't know that, argued with me and smugly declared that due to "optimized pipelines" he would be in the current concept ship he had bought a bunch of by the end of 2016, which never happened.

I believe it was every ship after (and including) the farming ship.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Just got put on probation on RSI for my "pending refund request." I can't even access my account now.

Is this normal? Or was it because I was shitposting?

Edit: now I can access my account. It was weird cuz I was logged in on iOS, and then I was abruptly signed out. Had to get on my PC to figure out what happened.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 14, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

You have a fish murder gun and I get flak for capturing a Mako that produced enough steaks so 8 of us could eat for days? :negative:

People like Beet, whereas when you tell a story involving a shark, we're rooting for the shark.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Warhawk109 posted:

Just got put on probation on RSI for my "pending refund request." I can't even access my account now.

Normal. Happens after the final email exchange and before the refund hits paypal/your CC.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Warhawk109 posted:

Edit: now I can access my account. It was weird cuz I was logged in on iOS, and then I was abruptly signed out. Had to get on my PC to figure out what happened.

You are now officially a Filthy Leaver

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

HycoCam posted:

Normal. Happens after the final email exchange and before the refund hits paypal/your CC.

That's strange because I've only had one exchange with them, the first "please stay" email, which I responded to, and they haven't sent a response yet.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

Did you keep a copy of everything on your billing page, hangar + hangar log?

They normally lock you out of your account with no warning if they are thinking of refunding you. If you want to dispute the amount it's more difficult without all your account information.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

AP posted:

Did you keep a copy of everything on your billing page, hangar + hangar log?

They normally lock you out of your account with no warning if they are thinking of refunding you. If you want to dispute the amount it's more difficult without all your account information.

I'll do that right now.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

touché

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I mean, you got to hand it to him: he's actually right about that one. If it's deprecated, it's still around; if it's removed, it's not really deprecated any more.

I'm guessing this is straight out of the CIG we-don't-understand-common-software-terminology handbook (aka their patch notes)?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Warhawk109 posted:

That's strange because I've only had one exchange with them, the first "please stay" email, which I responded to, and they haven't sent a response yet.

Yes, this is what they do, they are petty minded assholes. We've known this for years here and it's cool to see fresh folk witness their bullshit tbh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Did you sell any more ships? I want to update my spreadsheet with how much you've still got in RSI fun bucks. I mean you're still posting as if you don't think this is a complete disaster but the real test is how much money you're prepared to lose on it in March 2017.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Warhawk109 posted:

One of the mods was just looking for a reason to quiet you. I doubt CS was involved in anyway.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Did you sell any more ships? I want to update my spreadsheet with how much you've still got in RSI fun bucks. I mean you're still posting as if you don't think this is a complete disaster but the real test is how much money you're prepared to lose on it in March 2017.

Nope. What do you have me at now?

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TrustmeImLegit posted:

One of the mods was just looking for a reason to quiet you. I doubt CS was involved in anyway.

just waiting for the cig mods to go around with vx hanky's.

:e catte

Gradis fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 14, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Maybe i kinda hosed myself getting a refund quickly because of my shitposting. CIG is shady af.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Warhawk109 posted:

Maybe i kinda hosed myself getting a refund quickly because of my shitposting. CIG is shady af.

Yeah, for an open development game with a proud community team they really are the most petty and shady of them all. It starts at the top. Probably the intern who reads this thread spotting your name here, linked it to the official forums and unleashed the hounds.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

ManofManyAliases posted:

toasté

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Warhawk109 posted:

Who cares, as long as you didn't give them a photo ID or whatever they're requiring now, if star citizen ever exists (lol) just make a new account and voila

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Warhawk109 posted:

worth it though

also welcome to the party pal

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Warhawk109 posted:

Yes, it's normal.

If you have access to your account, screenshot any info pertaining to the transactions of your pledgesorders. If they haven't already, they will ask you questions regarding dates and amounts to "verify" that you're actually you that is requesting the refund, as opposed to someone who hacked your account to request a refund. Because, lol, that has actually happened.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thread getting good again :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/GfZm9s7.gifv