Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Keep playing Switch and neglecting them, the courts will do all the work for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Walmart had some in stock and I scored a neon version online.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever wanted advice on, but I bought a Switch for $300 straight up. I've been dying to play Zelda, but I also see this damned thing is selling for $420+ online and I'm totally debating selling it and picking it up later when they're widely available, but who knows when that will be. Are people really paying $140ish over the retail price for these? I'm always wary selling expensive things on eBay. But, good, portable Zelda....

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BJPaskoff posted:

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever wanted advice on, but I bought a Switch for $300 straight up. I've been dying to play Zelda, but I also see this damned thing is selling for $420+ online and I'm totally debating selling it and picking it up later when they're widely available, but who knows when that will be. Are people really paying $140ish over the retail price for these? I'm always wary selling expensive things on eBay. But, good, portable Zelda....

You'll be lucky to clear $50 off that.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Keep playing Switch and neglecting them, the courts will do all the work for you.

WELL I loving WOULD IF I HAD ONE

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

eBay charges a ten percent fee straight up($42 in your example), there's also PayPal fees, and shipping a box that size comfortably is around $30, you're not actually making that much money and it's a big waste of time for something you already want to play and use and will have trouble finding again without you yourself paying that markup in the future.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BJPaskoff posted:

Don't listen to these other people, I'll write you a check for $400 right the gently caress now. No fees, no eBay hassle.

Edit: DIBS GODDAMNIT FUCKERS YOU HEARD ME, DIBS

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Cojawfee posted:

Don't take my word for it but when I downloaded the Splatoon global whatever with my Japanese account, it showed up as purchased on my America account.

I thought any accounts on a system are linked in some way to promote shared purchases. I remember something about them being unlinked when you deactivate a system/account pairing. Or something.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Macintosh HD posted:

I thought any accounts on a system are linked in some way to promote shared purchases. I remember something about them being unlinked when you deactivate a system/account pairing. Or something.

Work In Progress / Who the gently caress knows!

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Macintosh HD posted:

as long as you keep your JP/NA/EU accounts linked to your switch (all at once is possible with multiple users) any user on that system can access any games of every other user. but the purchase doesn't transfer from the original account to the other accounts.

eg. myAccount-EU, myAccount-JP, wifesAccount-EU linked to the same Switch#1. if you buy Disgea on myAccount-JP, all 3 accounts on that switch can play the game. If you link myAccount-JP to another switch#2, no one on switch#1 can access Disgea anymore, unless you link myAccount-JP to switch#1 again.

NormenKD fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 14, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

mdemone posted:

Don't listen to these other people, I'll write you a check for $400 right the gently caress now. No fees, no eBay hassle.

You can get Switch's for <$400 on SAmart... I sold my extra/backup for $340 in-person ($7 profit, woot woot... here I come Taco Bell!).

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

You can get Switch's for <$400 on SAmart... I sold my extra/backup for $340 in-person ($7 profit, woot woot... here I come Taco Bell!).

*open palm slams the SA-Mart button*

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

mdemone posted:

*open palm slams the SA-Mart button*

nevermind... apparently the few others sold and the buying thread is 2 pages deep with people putting their name in line to buy one... oh well

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FireMrshlBill posted:

nevermind... apparently the few others sold and the buying thread is 2 pages deep with people putting their name in line to buy one... oh well

If they aren't in the switch thread they must not want one too badly

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Can you not buy it digitally? Cause its stupid easy to make a jpn account. You dont need a fake address or anything, it just asks you want country do you want this to be from? Just a throw away email for a new account is all you need. Seen a few people in here go round about to import a cart. But the digital is so nice.

I could've, yeah, but I very much want to collect Switch games and I've semi-swore off digital games on Nintendo consoles. Even now, if anything happens to my Switch, I'm screwed even with a physical copy. In the past, I've had one game that I've actually played digitally and ended up losing the entire save and never being able to recover it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

mdemone posted:

I bid 400... And ONE PENNY!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

This is a powerful move

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Drunk Tomato posted:

A nickel! A goddamn nickel!

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I guess it's cool if the switch thread becomes ebay

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Drunk Tomato posted:

We excised pennies in Canada because of fucks like you

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drunk Tomato posted:

I get the reference. Clearly the next few posters dont.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Macintosh HD posted:

Yeah I'm sorry. I'm just going to open it and play it like God and Miyamoto intended. (And worse comes to worse I sell it to someone local in two months for close to what I paid for it.)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Macintosh HD posted:

Shut up and go play your console, some of us can't find one. :saddowns:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Switch is worth $200, maybe $203 tops

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

For 200 you can get a dock, a grip, and some joycon. The switch itself is apparently only worth about a hundred.

At one point I had over a thousand invested- I've bought three Switches, two Zeldas, snipperclips and an amiibo.

I've since returned a bad switch, had hhgregg implode my other order and returned my non special edition Zelda.

It was all worth it

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Now that is someone who has purchased some things on SAmart before.

Just played a bit of Binding of Isaac on my Vita (have had it since it was free on PS+). Won't be buying it on the Switch, not only because I already have it, but just isn't my thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think the switch is pretty cool. i hope for more eshop games soon tho

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rad Valtar posted:

I asked earlier but will I own the NA version when it comes out?
If all you're concerned about is playing it using your NA account, if you buy it from the Japan eShop, you can play it with any account on the system. So you and your wife can have separate accounts on the system, when you launch the game it asks which account you want to use.

Holyshoot posted:

I get the reference. Clearly the next few posters dont.
Yeah I got it too.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 15, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blaster master support pro controller yet?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Bloop posted:

For 200 you can get a dock, a grip, and some joycon. The switch itself is apparently only worth about a hundred.

At one point I had over a thousand invested- I've bought three Switches, two Zeldas, snipperclips and an amiibo.

I've since returned a bad switch, had hhgregg implode my other order and returned my non special edition Zelda.

It was all worth it

What in the actual gently caress

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

blaster master support pro controller yet?

patch is supposed to be on the 16th

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bloodychill posted:

someone's been burned by nintendo preorders before, apparently

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bloodychill posted:

Autism

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm glad that my switch had no actual defect to it

also gambling real hard with docking/undocking it without a screen protector

yeah I live on the edge and take insane gambles

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

someone's been burned by nintendo preorders before, apparently

Anyone who witnessed the Majora's Mask N3DSXL fiasco should know better than to rely on any retailer getting enough units for pre-orders

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
My switch appears to have developed vertical light bleed lines in the left side of the screen, which run from top to bottom. They weren't there a few days ago, hasn't been used in the meantime. Visible in any dark background. WTF.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dizz posted:

I'm glad that my switch had no actual defect to it

also gambling real hard with docking/undocking it without a screen protector

yeah I live on the edge and take insane gambles

I don't understand how people are scratching there's. Your not suppose to push down on the thing just let it go and it connects.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rad Valtar posted:

I don't understand how people are scratching there's. Your not suppose to push down on the thing just let it go and it connects.

I gently lower mines until it sits nicely on the dock. Unsure how some people got grinding scratches on theirs.

When money is tight for you, you understand how much things mean to you.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

There is a camera. The right joycon as an IR camera so Nintendo can record you pooping.

Is that a proper camera, though?
I don't need to see photos in Predator-Vision(TM).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Well I have spent my entire snow day watching Quantum Leap marathons on the TV while playing Zelda in handheld mode

• Locked thread