Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Your Taint posted:

Ted Thompson's plan is apparently "gently caress it, let everyone go."

Considering they offered Lacy essentially the same contract, Lacy walked because he wanted to be on more of a run first team.

Lang is in a position that Green Bay doesn't value much AND he got a huge contract.

Bringing back Perry and getting Bennett are big moves. Bringing House back from Jax is good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/841728338074968064

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Where are you getting this from out of interest? I've not come across any rumours regarding him or Mangold.

I just don't want to get hurt again :ohdear:

Mangold is my speculation after hearing he and Tannebaum are still friends

The CB trade has been leaked for a while. Even a Rams fan wrote saying Miami offered 2018 2nd rounder which LA wants their 2017.

I read from that insider site miami offered a high 2018 pick so it adds

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shirts and skins posted:

I already used that one

Cross posting from the NFCW thread:

https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/841694727330246660

Whoops completely missed your post :downs:

Shinjobi posted:

Ready for Romo to Houston already.

I'm assuming Jerry is going to hold onto him until the last possible second

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/841683978323185664

Uhhhhh sounds cool I guess

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There is no way on the face of the planet the Pats give up that backfield for a low second round pick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If it did happen and the Texans signed him to a contract anywhere close to what Bouye got then I'm going to hop right back on the Fire Rick Smith bandwagon

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There is no way on the face of the planet the Pats give up that backfield for a low second round pick.

My bet is that the Saints are going to give the Patriots their first back for Butler.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

My bet is that the Saints are going to give the Patriots their first back for Butler.

That doesn't make any sense, why didn't they just trade players to begin with?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

If it did happen and the Texans signed him to a contract anywhere close to what Bouye got then I'm going to hop right back on the Fire Rick Smith bandwagon

You should never jump off that bandwagon, dude.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GaussianCopula posted:

This is only if the Pats manage to sign Butler to a new deal right? If Butler signs his tender now the only way the Saints could get him is if they gave the Pats their highest 1st rounder? I don't see why the Pats would give up Butler for the 32nd pick when he only costs 3.91 million next year.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hope Dallas holds Romo in limbo for the next month and both Denver and Houston hold out for his release. I'll be bummed if one of the teams trade for him.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 14, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That doesn't make any sense, why didn't they just trade players to begin with?

Butler at that point had not signed his RFA tender and therefore was not a tradable commodity.

qkkl posted:

This is only if the Pats manage to sign Butler to a new deal right? If Butler signs his tender now the only way the Saints could get him is if they gave the Pats their highest 1st rounder? I don't see why the Pats would give up Butler for the 32nd pick when he only costs 3.91 million next year.

In this scenario Butler would sign his RFA tender, than get traded to the Saints, who than sign him to a long-term contract. The idea behind trading him would be that they can draft a very good corner at the end of the first round who they than will control for 5 years, building a long term backfield with Gilmore and this new player.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

You should never jump off that bandwagon, dude.

He dumped Osweiler, he has the benefit of the doubt from me for now

a new study bible! posted:

Hope Dallas holds Romo in limbo for the next month and both Dallas and Houston hold out for his release. I'll be bummed if one of the teams trade for him.

This is screwing Houston pretty hard because they have to watch all the good FAs get snatched without spending anything because they're waiting on Romo presumably. Once Cutler signs somewhere, Jerry pretty much has them over a barrel

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh god, we signed Jonah Hill (fat version) to block for Luck

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

He dumped Osweiler, he has the benefit of the doubt from me for now

Do we know who came up with the idea? Because maybe the Browns just pitched to them and they went "woah we can do that? OK"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Lmao I'm dying.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Yessssss

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Don't get too excited. He's just depth.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
A done deal

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/841751316351332353

He's such a good dude and I'm legit excited to see what he can do in that offense :)

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Your Taint posted:

Ted Thompson's plan is apparently "gently caress it, let everyone go."

In a few weeks, when signings don't count against comp picks anymore, he'll sign a bunch of second stringers.

Not to mention trading down 5 times to plaster the holes in the roster with dozens of low round picks and UDFA's.

The first round pick will be a mediocre DE/OLB, the second round an excellent value WR, and you know it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

shocking

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So with the Burkhead signing, are the Patriots not bringing back Blount and plan to roll with Lewis/White/Burkhead?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

pubic works project posted:

So with the Burkhead signing, are the Patriots not bringing back Blount and plan to roll with Lewis/White/Burkhead?

I wouldn't read too much into it either way. Blount is 600 years old so he's probably getting replaced by SOMEBODY soon, but I don't think Burkhead is a lock to take over Blount's role by any stretch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't get too excited. He's just depth.

I'm just happy he exists

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Intruder posted:

This is screwing Houston pretty hard because they have to watch all the good FAs get snatched without spending anything because they're waiting on Romo presumably. Once Cutler signs somewhere, Jerry pretty much has them over a barrel

Does Cutler really have a choice but to wait to sign? Presumably he wants to go to the best situation, and to do that he's going to have to wait for Denver or Houston, unless he wants to play for the Browns or Jets.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if signing him this year is just to have a backup plan for next year when both Lewis and White become FA's possibly.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I wouldn't read too much into it either way. Blount is 600 years old so he's probably getting replaced by SOMEBODY soon, but I don't think Burkhead is a lock to take over Blount's role by any stretch.

Reminder: Brandon Bolden's contract ended too and is the RB most likely to be replaced first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

I believe Burkhead's mainly a special teams/backup RB guy, although in his first season with more than 9 carries he did ok out of the backfield last year. Who knows, maybe the Pats think he's going to blossom with more workload, but I'd bet they're hedging their bets with 'well at least we know he can be useful in one area even if he doesn't take off at RB.'

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I just assumed Lewis would slide into the early-down RB role with the other two splitting the 3rd down/passing down work.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/841752776669581312

come play here for a year next to Suh and parlay it into a giant contract

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

You guys run a 4-3 right? That's one hell of a large DT.

He does want to sign somewhere that will let him rush the passer more this year so that's probably working in your favor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/841752776669581312

Nooooooooooooooooo! Get the gently caress outta here, Ehud!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nooooooooooooooooo! Get the gently caress outta here, Ehud!

I just want him to sign so we can get on with hopefully going after Hankins.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Butler is gonna bust outside of the Pats system

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

Reminder: Brandon Bolden's contract ended too and is the RB most likely to be replaced first.

Yeah, I'd see this honky replacing Bolden's role over anybody else.

They do need a primary running back though still. Be it Blount or a random 3rd round draft pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean he's 100% going back to the Pats at this point. Stop the charade.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/841762371957854208

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I like this move for Patterson a lot. He had his best year as a rookie under Musgrave and with the more consistent Raider offense around him, I think Patterson can have a greater impact as a wild card component.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

James Harrison is better than Demarcus Ware and you're delusional and wrong if you think otherwise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

89 posted:

Butler is gonna bust outside of the Pats system

Not if he comes to Houston, we have Romeo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

OperaMouse posted:

The first round pick will be a mediocre DE/OLB, the second round an excellent value WR, and you know it.

The defensive player picked in the first will be from a pac-12 school too (although I'm hoping for tj watt). Sad to see Lacy go, especially to the Hawks. Glad to see House coming back to us for cheap.

• Locked thread