Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Those are all great episodes, hard to go wrong with any of them. Jack Frost is one of my faves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Awesome, work is closed tomorrow so I can veg out. Other than Manos and Space Mutiny, any other must watches?

Pyooma Man PUMA MAN! He flies like a moron!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
didn't mst3k do one on that hindi (iirc) movie with evil spiderman running around stabbing people and fighting superman in a boiler room?

Also - seriously has nobody at all watched Burning Sandsyet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Franchescanado posted:

Werewolf
Merlin's Shop
Laserblast
Pod People
Time Chasers

I really love Catalina Caper, as well.

I'd add Sidehackers to that list, it's loving classic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

coyo7e posted:

Also - seriously has nobody at all watched Burning Sandsyet?

Was literally just about to watch that, will report back.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

precision posted:

Was literally just about to watch that, will report back.
I really was skeptical at first because I was like "a drama about black people? on a black college campus? trying to get into a black frat? How can this possibly be something that a white guy would find interesting?"

I was wrong. It's fascinating, intense, and heart-wrenching.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was a bit skeptical of a season 2 of Love but I'm really enjoying it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

coyo7e posted:

I really was skeptical at first because I was like "a drama about black people? on a black college campus? trying to get into a black frat? How can this possibly be something that a white guy would find interesting?"

Only 45 minutes in and it's already great.

The thing I'm surprised nobody has been talking about is Accidental Courtesy. It's really interesting I thought.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Jack Frost is one of the better episodes because, like the other Russo-Finnish fairy tale movies they did, it's kind of a decent movie but it's still absurd enough to produce a lot of good jokes

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I was a bit skeptical of a season 2 of Love but I'm really enjoying it.

Same. The music's been a highlight for me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

coyo7e posted:

What the heck?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Thanks for the Mike Birbligia recommendation, I really liked his latest stand up Mike Birbiglia - Thank God for Jokes, and I plan on seeing his other earlier ones.

Probably late to the party on this one. I give a recommendation to Black Mirror. It's basically the Twilight Zone, but with technology decades out of our reach. The technology itself is believable because it's baby steps are based on what we have today, and the society that has adapted to it.

Only watched three episodes of season one, and I feel pretty uncomfortable.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 15, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DeimosRising posted:

What the heck?

Which begs the question, does he think the only people who watch the Simpsons are Asian?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Million Dollar Baby is on Netflix. I've never seen it but I've seen the Always Sunny parody episode of it and it's definitely going on my list.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

coyo7e posted:

Haha yeah man imagine how Native Americans must feel. "When is someone going to make a movie that's not loving boring? Holy poo poo I've had it up to here with white people, if only I could find myself interested in an ethnicity other than my own!" I hope some day, like you, they get over it, suck it up, and watch a movie that doesn't have a cast that looks like their family tree. They might find out those movies can be interesting too! Sometimes it makes you wonder whether it's even sensible to think "not my ethnicity, probably not my jam!" in the first place but then you remember "oh wait, I'm hella racist" and you're good to go. :hfive:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Okay tycho, you're drunk go to bed. I'm not even sure what you're arguing there.

DeimosRising posted:

What the heck?
Sorry, despite being woke, I'm still white and that's what goes through my head. Which is also why I made a point to give it a chance and was really impressed. I was willing to go outside of my comfort zone and then admit that it was stupid to even have that be a thing. Where I'm from that's progress.

At least I can be honest about it and learn from it, instead of accosting someone who mentions how their racist tendencies almost kept them from watching a pretty good film.

Chichevache posted:

Which begs the question, does he think the only people who watch the Simpsons are Asian?
Nobody who watches the Simpsons is relevant, and they haven't been since the late 90s.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 15, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

coyo7e posted:

Okay tycho, you're drunk go to bed. I'm not even sure what you're arguing there.

Sorry, despite being woke, I'm still white and that's what goes through my head. Which is also why I made a point to give it a chance and was really impressed. I was willing to go outside of my comfort zone and then admit that it was stupid to even have that be a thing. Where I'm from that's progress.

At least I can be honest about it and learn from it, instead of accosting someone who mentions how their racist tendencies almost kept them from watching a pretty good film.

Nobody who watches the Simpsons is relevant, and they haven't been since the late 90s.

Everyone else is crazy, you're normal and actually a better person than us because you were openly biased instead of just not.

drunken officeparty posted:

Million Dollar Baby is on Netflix. I've never seen it but I've seen the Always Sunny parody episode of it and it's definitely going on my list.

It's corny as gently caress.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't want a pat on the back, but when white fragility is trolling me for learning a lesson and then admitting it out loud, I am not super-concerned about being on the wrong side of history.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Also speaking of white people The Young Offenders is a hilarious movie. Two idiotic 15 year old scottish kids decide to go on a cross-country bike spree to get magic bags of cocaine. It's got a pretty small cast and leans to the absurd, and the ending doesn't go all "shockingly hyper-violent out of nowhere" which seems to be a trigger around here lately.

Did netflix start doing colors in their subs or was it just for that movie, though? It really helped but I can't recall seeing tri-color subtitles before on netflix.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 15, 2017

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
They're Irish, actually. ~lol white people~

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

King of Bleh posted:

They're Irish, actually. ~lol white people~
the teaser says scots. if you actually give a poo poo, sorry, you should probably contact netflix customer support

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Chichevache posted:

It's corny as gently caress.

Didn't it win awards and all that? It came out when I was like 12 I don't remember.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Looks like the MST3K episodes are the same exact files they had before. Some of them still had my progress marked.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Didn't it win awards and all that? It came out when I was like 12 I don't remember.

Four of 'em, yes. I still maintain Martin Scorsese and The Aviator should've won for Best Director.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Corny poo poo wins awards all the time, just take a look at motherfucking Crash (2004, d.p. James M. Muro)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's also Clint Eastwood. The Academy sits up and takes notice whenever he makes anything. Its like being the New England Patriots where your division sucks so you get in the playoffs every year by default. I love Eastwood though so I'm cool with it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Corny poo poo wins awards all the time, just take a look at motherfucking Crash (2004, d.p. James M. Muro)

Which was, of course, the next big project from the screenwriter of Million Dollar Baby.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I liked Million Dollar Baby well enough, but haven't exactly felt a need to revisit it since either.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marisa Tomei won an Academy Award, soooooo...

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Marisa Tomei won an Academy Award, soooooo...

GTFO if you don't think she totally deserved it

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It was kind of a weak year for actress awards only because of how dominant Unforgiven was, and there wasn't really a substantial performance in that movie by any actress.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jose Oquendo posted:

Looks like the MST3K episodes are the same exact files they had before. Some of them still had my progress marked.

I love how consistently this happens with Netflix.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I also noticed that none of the episodes they put up are on Shoutfactory TV. That's pretty cool, so now you have 80 episodes or so to watch for free.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

One of the few good things about Netflix's interface. Like if you add a movie to your list and it gets removed, it goes back on your list if it gets re-added.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Sean Penn was nominated for I Am Sam. :colbert:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The first two seasons of Lucha Underground just got added to Netflix. I imagine most people already know whether or not they're willing to watch pro wrestling, but it's worth saying that LU isn't the bloated three-hour mess of steroid hulks punching each other that most people know from the modern WWE style. It's a tighter-paced, more story-driven show with better cinematography. (The wrestlers still can't act, but I think that's part of the charm.) It also embraces a lot of the silliness and fantasy that companies like WWE have tried to leave behind.

It's a wrestling show with a time-traveling spaceman and a dragon in human form. A show where minor characters get killed off by being fed to a monster in the basement. A show with an angry ninja skeleton and a sexy teleporting ghost. It's also a wrestling show featuring people with very little regard for their own health and well-being.

http://i.imgur.com/o9TCR5j.mp4

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Sean Penn was nominated for I Am Sam. :colbert:

Oh I'm definitely not gonna defend that one. I'm just saying Marisa Tomei owns in My Cousin Vinny is all.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, I get that Marisa Tomei winning for My Cousin Vinny looks weird on paper, but it's a very good performance that grounds the movie without ever sacrificing the comedy.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Erebus posted:

The first two seasons of Lucha Underground just got added to Netflix. I imagine most people already know whether or not they're willing to watch pro wrestling, but it's worth saying that LU isn't the bloated three-hour mess of steroid hulks punching each other that most people know from the modern WWE style. It's a tighter-paced, more story-driven show with better cinematography. (The wrestlers still can't act, but I think that's part of the charm.) It also embraces a lot of the silliness and fantasy that companies like WWE have tried to leave behind.

It's a wrestling show with a time-traveling spaceman and a dragon in human form. A show where minor characters get killed off by being fed to a monster in the basement. A show with an angry ninja skeleton and a sexy teleporting ghost. It's also a wrestling show featuring people with very little regard for their own health and well-being.

http://i.imgur.com/o9TCR5j.mp4

In every clip I've ever seen from Lucha Underground the audience at some point starts chanting "HOLY poo poo! HOLY poo poo!"

And in every clip I agreed 100% with their assessment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

precision posted:

One of the few good things about Netflix's interface. Like if you add a movie to your list and it gets removed, it goes back on your list if it gets re-added.

Happens if something is on your disk list and then gets added to streaming, as well.