Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The only person who knows how peanuts work is history's greatest monster, Jimmy Carter.

Charles Schulz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesHarbaughJr/status/841411044580945921

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You know after 30 seconds the kids and mom went to go eat dinner and catch a movie.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brice Ramsey is going to graduate transfer out of Georgia.

Bless him, he still wants to quarterback.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Brice Ramsey is a very UVA name

https://twitter.com/TarHeelFootball/status/841302366091636736

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 15, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Lane Kiffin has offered an explanation for that godawful FAU recruiting video from a couple weeks ago.

quote:

We had a really good marketing idea,” Kiffin said. “We said if we just put out a normal video, nobody’s going to play that outside of Boca. Let’s do like the worse one ever, so then everybody people would put in on TV and say, ‘look how bad this is.’ All the sudden we’ve got publicity for the program.

Yeah okay dude :rolleyes:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Lane Kiffin owns

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mumbling, meat sweats critical to FAU recruiting success

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I actually kind of buy it, the video does look like a 70s style video that HR makes you watch about appropriate office behavior.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lane Kiffin owns

hell yeah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's the only card they had to play, but there's no drat way Kiffin is that clever. If it was intentional it would still have looked more polished than it did.

It's also kind of hard to buy the "no publicity is bad publicity!" thing when FAU is already pretty much a punchline of a program

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lane Kiffin owns

this is true though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Ha ha yeah that Lane Kiffin guy sure is great. Me? No, I'm not him, but I hear he's great. Like super awesome and handsome. Big penis even. What? Look all I'm saying is I've heard things. Neat guy.

Anyway you want a drink?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's very cool that he immediatley turned his program into a halfway house for people associated with violence against women, super awesome fun guy.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

It's very cool that he immediatley turned his program into a halfway house for people associated with violence against women, super awesome fun guy.

As a Sooner I'm obligated to say unironically that is cool

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth chance, as long as they're good at sports

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth chance, as long as they're good at sports

Agreed.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson unveiled the 4 new tombstones from this past season today. The NCG one is great and all, but I think the OSU one is the first skunked tombstone.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Clemson unveiled the 4 new tombstones from this past season today. The NCG one is great and all, but I think the OSU one is the first skunked tombstone.

Considering VT's performance against verified bad team Arkansas, you can't brag about that one.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tactlessbastard posted:

Considering VT's performance against verified bad team Arkansas, you can't brag about that one.

I honestly think it should be road wins against top 10... but it's any road win against a ranked opponent.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody's gettin' little big for their britches. :colbert:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Scarf posted:

I honestly think it should be road wins against top 10... but it's any road win against a ranked opponent.

Is it just non-home games? VT-Clemson certainly wasn't an away game for y'all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Clemson cheated and their coach is just a loaner until saban retires

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The tombstone thing is a cool tradition

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Raku posted:

:jerkbag:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nur_Neerg posted:

Is it just non-home games? VT-Clemson certainly wasn't an away game for y'all.

Yeah, that's another point of contention. They say any "road game," in order to include bowl games and ACC/NCG championships.

I mean yeah, Orlando is closer to Clemson than Blacksburg, but it's an 8hr drive vs. a 10hr drive.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

You can't have Good Christian Dabo right after a contract with Satan. You've got to have a palatte cleanser first. I can suggest a coach that knows how to Run The Dang Bawl, Pawl.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
For every year of Good Football under Saban, God is going to punish Bama with two years of Bad Football. Read the Book of Job some time, heathens.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I thought the rule was every year of Alabama championships, God punishes the south by handing Georgia 3 years of underachievement

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tactlessbastard posted:

You can't have Good Christian Dabo right after a contract with Satan. You've got to have a palatte cleanser first. I can suggest a coach that knows how to Run The Dang Bawl, Pawl.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That hat owns.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pakled posted:

For every year of Good Football under Saban, God is going to punish Bama with two years of Bad Football. Read the Book of Job some time, heathens.

One of my favorite Nick Saban things is that the Satan thing honestly bothers him.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Death to all tiger teams Pawl.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
March Matness is upon us, come post about wrestling in SAS

Here's the current Intermat top 25 to help you decide if you should care

1. Penn State
2. Oklahoma State
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Virginia Tech
6. Missouri
7. Nebraska
8. Cornell
9. Michigan
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona State
12. Illinois
13. Lehigh
14. Wisconsin
15. North Carolina State
16. South Dakota State
17. Northern Iowa
18. Stanford
19. Edinboro
20. Rider
21. Princeton
22. North Carolina
23. North Dakota State
24. Pittsburgh
25. Rutgers

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/842171815204028416

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

25. Rutgers

Rutgers is ranked.. this list in invalid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

16. South Dakota State
23. North Dakota State

I sometimes forget that the Dakotas exist. Leave it to College Wrestling to remind me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I sometimes forget that the Dakotas exist. Leave it to College Wrestling to remind me

Both Dakotas are represented in the basketball tournament!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thoguh posted:

19. Edinboro
20. Rider

Following college athletics has made me privvy to some lesser-known institutions of higher learning, but these two are new to me.

Thanks Thoguh for the wrasslin' rankings!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Both Dakotas are represented in the basketball tournament!

But enough about sports I don't watch until the tournament

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Thoguh posted:

1. Penn State
2. Oklahoma State
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Virginia Tech
6. Missouri
7. Nebraska
8. Cornell
9. Michigan
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona State
12. Illinois
13. Lehigh
14. Wisconsin
15. North Carolina State
16. South Dakota State
17. Northern Iowa
18. Stanford
19. Edinboro
20. Rider
21. Princeton
22. North Carolina
23. North Dakota State
24. Pittsburgh
25. Rutgers

Thanks for this post. But seriously still gently caress you guys for stealing our coach. In season too.

I swear to god the way the last to coaches have gone our next wrestling coach is going to leave VT for Northern Iowa after getting us a second place finish at nationals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

quote:

Michigan sophomore DE Rashan Gary ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds during spring testing.
Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports relays that Gary's 4.57 seconds in the 40 was a faster time than that of any Michigan linebacker. In addition, the 6-foot-5, 290-pounder also turned in a broad jump of 9-foot-6.

good luck 2017 QBs

• Locked thread